New to scarlet blade; suggested SW skill rotations?

Nyx_

Hello all, I'm brand new to SB but just reached level 20 today on my SW; not sure if I'm using the right skills or putting skill points in the right areas, so was wondering what you guys typically use as skill rotations and what I should prioritize for putting my skill points into?

First of all, in order you to get out the most of the game content, try to get to level 59 atleast and from there work your way maxing your level 65 gears and AP pet. 

I am no SW main but most of the stuff in game is pretty easy to understand.

https://limeox.info/app/scarlet/sim/?c=2&l=11&s=0000011d2741200003828890004&m=4

All of the skills I maxed are your bread and butter skills and are a neccesity got initiating,  survival and consistent damage. The remaining points is up to you to play with but in my opinion you should invest those points min - maxing your detection:damage mastery ratio and put points in secret charge and disables until you are comfortable with with it. 

Note: buffing while invisible does not break invisibility,  using void slash dorsnt break invisibility. 

Fade -> Get close to your target -> Buffs -> Void Slash + Shadow Strike -> Deathblow/Twilight Expolosion -> Secret Charge -> Slaughter -> Deathblow/Twilight Explosion -> Transform to mech -> Epona Sprint -> Brake -> Rainbow  -> Run -> Laser Focus. 

This is pretty much self explanatory let's try to break it down little by little. 

• Fade -> Get close to your target -> Buffs - use Fade in a place where your enemy doesnt see you or there is no point hiding when they know you are around,  Get close but not too close and pick an appropriate and important target probably ME or PU but anyone can be a victim, use the Appropriate buff always use Precision and miss misery this will make sure all your skills will not miss and will most likely crit, using Escape Artist is probably up to your discretion and according to situation, remember this is your only survival skill without this you will be dead meat and it only last 10s. Things you have to consider if you need to use Escape artist at the beginning is/are: if there are two or more player around your target,  is/are there any SE around? Any of this you will need to use Escape Artist. 
  • Void Slash + Shadow Strike -> Deathblow/Twilight Expolosion - use Deathblow if fighting a single enemy and Twilight Explosion if your target is around many players so you can disable them all while you pick off the target. 
  • Secret Charge -> Slaughter -> Deathblow/Twilight Explosion - use either of the remaining voltage tree you have used to lock your opponent in disable, if you havent used the Escape artist yet this is the perfrct time to use it. 
  • Transform to mech -> Epona Sprint -> Brake -> Rainbow  -> Run -> Laser Focus. - if you use deathblow as right before turning to mech use Epona sprint asap else Use Brake -> Epona Sprint -> Rainbow, after that run to a safe location and use Laser focus. 

In order for this to become successful you need to execute and think fast and you also need to find a good level for deathblow and secret charge so you wont leave a gap in your rotation and pin your target for the remainder of your arkana rotation. 

You can use Skyjump and Ghostwalk as situational escape tool, everything is pretty situational just know how your class should function and play.  Every class has its own role. 

You can get particle and even smoke but a general rule of thumb is making sure you dont leave a gap because your target might/will probably escape and might get you killed, also you might need a different approach againts some classes and I think it is much better for you to try and learn the rest by yourself.

• Like 1

Use Void Slash to Shadow Strike in group PvP while the opponent is not moving around all that much.  That's hard to do, without making yourself more vulnerable, reliably when the opponent is moving around and in fewer numbers.

One of the most common entrances of a rotation is secret charge to either Twilight Explosion or Deathblow

Also Void Slash is not accessible until Lv 40s.

Edited by Norleras

I noticed a lot of the builds that get posted have no passives or mech skills with points in them; should I be utilizing those until I reach 59? I have some points in the health mastery passive currently, and have points in double blow, hack and slash, fade, and deathblow. I feel like I probably should've done some mech skills or something, but I'm not that great at deciding what to spend points on XD

At level 20 there's two mindsets to have.

1) PvP mindset - I would max escape, artist miss misery, and precision for your level. You'll want at least, fade I would go with 2 pts, ghost walk max, shadow strike max. That would be only as a base and you will have extra skill points to use by lvl 29 and you can customize it according to personal preference and use.

2) PvE mindset only - you'll want to maximize atks and increase your eva to a degree suitable for your level. You don't need to have max Eva and not need to worry about maxing out your escape artist or miss misery. The goal here is to have it each of those skills high enough to rotate on bosses and mobs since you can't reduce mobs or boss attacks and eva is more suitable for PvE over Ch-eva. I'm not that familiar with the lower level PvE needs to give a suggested amount to put in Miss Misery and escape artist, so I would recommend testing it out. To maximize attacks, you can max the passive damage mastery and precision and then spread points out among all skills or place a few skills with high skill points. Personally maxing out slaughter and not worrying about stuns and disables is preference so ignore using them unless you have skill points to spare. But you could go with shadow strike or just stick with using 1 pt in fade and not use ghost walk or contortionist too if you want to increase attacks in other skills.

This is pretty much a non-formal approach, but having a basic idea of what exactly your goals are in the game can be helpful in using the skill tree best suited for you. If you are just wanting to burn through levels before you start pvp'ing, then get more pve mindset and change the skill tree later for pvp when you want to pvp at a higher level. The nice things about skill resets, though they cost AP, they can help you change your skill tree to better suit what you want to do. Especially if your play changes the higher level you get.

• Like 1