Let's talk about what you think you want

GoddessSand

On 1/11/2020 at 3:41 PM, Che said:

I always have thoughts of what if we just go back to 49 cap because for me by far, 49 cap is the most balanced cap. No skill changes or whatsoever, just add more content like dungeons and etc but no more custom skill changes & level caps. But i guess it's too late to go back now.

I agree and think it would be interesting to have everyone's level dropped back to level 1.  Maybe add an NPC to exchange 50+ gear and accessories to 40-49 versions.  Problem is some people have spent money to level and enhance gear.

How I think game should have launched is with cap set at 29 cap for a month before upping the cap and then raising it every 3 months till we hit 49.  Maybe leave enhancement at +10 as it was the +12 patch where you started to see a break down in balance.  Add Ellis as a PVE zone for 45+ along with a regular supply of new outfit and bike designs and game would be in the best state you could get it.

The problem this game has right now is accessibility.  We all want new players but what do they have to do to get to a point where they can actually enjoy the game?  Sure a lot like to play solo but seeing other players doing things is part of the entertainment in MMOs and right now new players are asked to run around till they hit level 60 before they can enjoy being with other players.  Which means they miss a lot of content the game has such as bosses, team dungeons, low level PVP and BG.  And even then they need to get to 65 before they are no longer a liability in PVP and of course they will need rank 2 jewels, unique accessories  and full set of +12 gear too.  Most give up before hitting 60 and more give up during the frustrating grind to hit 65.

Add to the low rate of new players sticking around to how the people at Vendetta act like cringy Millennials banning everyone they don't like and you have a game that is spiraling quickly to being empty.

Now as to how to improve the game we have?  First I'd start by removing all trash drops from game despite everybodies love for their massive horns and oily meat.  Add/increase drops of jewels, hexweaves, and stamilar replicubes to make drops feel less empty.  Make napalms, warehouse codes, and backpacks stackable.  Replace NT drops with tradeable versions this includes slivers, shards, gems, etc. as well as the stamilar replicubes.  Fix level 60 crisis hypovials or replace with level 50.  Replace underleveled drops/rewards with appropiate version like the lv 2 buff hypos and lv 40 crisis from AK as well as other items in Amara and NB. 

This post is already fairly long so I'll leave out talking about skills for now.                                                                       

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Misha said:

Add/increase drops of jewels, hexweaves, and stamilar replicubes to make drops feel less empty.  Make napalms, warehouse codes, and backpacks stackable.

Would love this personally

Replace NT drops with tradeable versions this includes slivers, shards, gems, etc. as well as the stamilar replicubes.

Agreed

Fix level 60 crisis hypovials or replace with level 50.  Replace underleveled drops/rewards with appropiate version like the lv 2 buff hypos and lv 40 crisis from AK as well as other items in Amara and NB. 

Will look into this if it isn't being worked on already.

Responses in Red

Edited by Norleras

There is nothing we can do, population-wise we only have like less than 20 players online and Im still being generous with that number, no end game content, lot of useless stuffs going around and every cap now is pretty much dead. 

• Remove dual logging and prohibit same IP log in for users. 
  • Put a PVP medals NPC  for resources like Crisis potions, CP potions, Buff potions then remove it from drop table. 
  • Remove any NT versions of usable items as well as the all the trash loots like misha said. 
  • Splice any content not originally related ingame and re use old maps instead.
  • Roll back the skills to an untouched version and start the balancing from there.
  • Include automated events (eg.  beatle race, hunting rogue specimen, add secret bosses in a fixed location, rewards for player who stays for more than an hour)  that gives player useful rewards.
  • Develop a lore for the community to read. 
  • Fix VGN item mall alot of useless stuffs in there.

Even with these it wont guarantee that the server will recover. 

16 hours ago, Beau said:

There is nothing we can do, population-wise we only have like less than 20 players online and Im still being generous with that number, no end game content, lot of useless stuffs going around and every cap now is pretty much dead. 

• Remove dual logging and prohibit same IP log in for users.  - Disagree but that's your opinion. If I can't dual log I'd never try to switch sides to even out pvp. The other night I was switching sides every min and forget about asking me to switch if this happens. I never use more than 1 toon in pvp nor in any BG. Not sure what/how this will really help people out but say FU to medics, people who want to even pvp on the fly like me, and people wanting to level more characters to end game on their own and not rely on paying some player for a leveling service that people do.
  • Put a PVP medals NPC  for resources like Crisis potions, CP potions, Buff potions then remove it from drop table. 
    PVP medals from what drop table? Bosses that are supposed to be pvp? They aren't in any DG, but I'd pick something else other than crisis and CP potions because as a SW, Crisis potions are a complete waste to buy and CP potions I have 1k+ just from farming DGs. But I do think they need something other than those, like maybe some pvp potions for pvp medals and pve potions from pve medals?
  • Remove any NT versions of usable items as well as the all the trash loots like misha said. 
    Yeah, it would be nice.
    🤔
  • Roll back the skills to an untouched version and start the balancing from there.
    The reason that skills were changed was because the level cap was going to make some players too OP in killing, unkillable, and/or easy deaths. Kinda how the DE is right now in being able to kill easy and unkillable in most situations especially in 1 vs 1.
  • Include automated events (eg.  beatle race, hunting rogue specimen, add secret bosses in a fixed location, rewards for player who stays for more than an hour)  that gives player useful rewards.
    Because we all have an hour at a time to do this along with farming, BGs, and many other things. I think we should at least wait to see what they do with content patch that should be coming up next.
    Lore is there, what we need by way of story is understanding how DV and suer got dragged into this a bit better. That is if they can remove the NPCs and place SB NPCs in those areas instead.
    Wouldn't it be a waste of time to fix item mall by removing useless stuff instead of just keeping it there while it being unused? If it was me, I'd be more concerned about other content over an OCD on cleaning up the item mall. But that's just me.

Even with these it wont guarantee that the server will recover. 
The recovery of the server with players would maybe offering a level jump service with base gear? so, you pay AP to jump from lvl 29 to 39 or 49, or 49 to 59? That would also include all unique gears for those level caps with a base stat enhance-able to +10 and base unique accessories for they tier lower. The reason for giving a lvl 49 cap unique accessories for 30~39 would be it allows them to still have gear capable of doing damage and allows them to have something to do to get the 40~49 cap accessories. With them being base, it would prevent players from using that AP service to just obtain accessories. However, allow players to later use those accessories to trade in for gold instead of just trashing them? Nothing really can recover the server unless people can do things more on their own than requiring others due to server numbers at this time. If numbers increase then start pushing for more people to work together more. One exceptions are pvp bosses and pt DGs should remain group effort.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GoddessSand said:
  • Remove dual logging and prohibit same IP log in for users.  - Disagree but that's your opinion. If I can't dual log I'd never try to switch sides to even out pvp. The other night I was switching sides every min and forget about asking me to switch if this happens. I never use more than 1 toon in pvp nor in any BG. Not sure what/how this will really help people out but say FU to medics, people who want to even pvp on the fly like me, and people wanting to level more characters to end game on their own and not rely on paying some player for a leveling service that people do.

Except we can't expect everyone to have the mentality of switching on the fly to balance out numbers as opposed to switching to the winning side.  The latter being the bigger issue within the community.  Plus there is also the matter of dual logging which irritates people.  It is not the easiest thing to prove without all of the right tools when there are accounts are known to be shared.  Last thing we'd like to do is punish someone and end up being wrong about it.

PVP medals from what drop table? Bosses that are supposed to be pvp? They aren't in any DG, but I'd pick something else other than crisis and CP potions because as a SW, Crisis potions are a complete waste to buy and CP potions I have 1k+ just from farming DGs. But I do think they need something other than those, like maybe some pvp potions for pvp medals and pve potions from pve medals?
    Yeah, it would be nice.
    🤔
    The reason that skills were changed was because the level cap was going to make some players too OP in killing, unkillable, and/or easy deaths. Kinda how the DE is right now in being able to kill easy and unkillable in most situations especially in 1 vs 1.
    Because we all have an hour at a time to do this along with farming, BGs, and many other things. I think we should at least wait to see what they do with content patch that should be coming up next.

I'd rather have the secret bosses spawn in a random location, if at all possible, but that's me.

Lore is there, what we need by way of story is understanding how DV and suer got dragged into this a bit better. That is if they can remove the NPCs and place SB NPCs in those areas instead.
    Wouldn't it be a waste of time to fix item mall by removing useless stuff instead of just keeping it there while it being unused? If it was me, I'd be more concerned about other content over an OCD on cleaning up the item mall. But that's just me.

You'd be surprised about how much the minor details can make a difference.  Especially when money is involved.

Responses in Blue

Edited by Norleras
  • Like 1

dual logging cant be fixed. it was to bypass some specific issue with xigncode or something 

alot of differnt things will be introduced which should satisfy most things.

reverting to 54 has alot of its own imbalances. we would stil have to figure it out regardless and vivi and I would rather not just throw away the stuff from 59 cap and 65 cap from lime and me.

i don't mind doing lore. im a writer lol. but its at the bottom of my list.

automated event will be nice when we complete this patch as we will prob steer away from big content for awhile.

On 2/2/2020 at 6:28 PM, Misha said:

The problem this game has right now is accessibility.  We all want new players but what do they have to do to get to a point where they can actually enjoy the game?  Sure a lot like to play solo but seeing other players doing things is part of the entertainment in MMOs and right now new players are asked to run around till they hit level 60 before they can enjoy being with other players.  Which means they miss a lot of content the game has such as bosses, team dungeons, low level PVP and BG.  And even then they need to get to 65 before they are no longer a liability in PVP and of course they will need rank 2 jewels, unique accessories  and full set of +12 gear too.  Most give up before hitting 60 and more give up during the frustrating grind to hit 65.

Maybe try helping folks level then, since I know a few trying to level a few toons on your side who are only getting help from FK alts.

On 2/2/2020 at 9:04 PM, Beau said:

• Remove dual logging and prohibit same IP log in for users. 

Not sure you want your class rolled back to where they struggled in pretty much every aspect.

Also dual logging is useful for farming team mode dungeons solo. I believe the penalties for dual logging any BG, including AK/NB should be extremely heavy though.

58 minutes ago, Daddy said:

dual logging cant be fixed. it was to bypass some specific issue with xigncode or something 

alot of differnt things will be introduced which should satisfy most things.

reverting to 54 has alot of its own imbalances. we would stil have to figure it out regardless and vivi and I would rather not just throw away the stuff from 59 cap and 65 cap from lime and me.

i don't mind doing lore. im a writer lol. but its at the bottom of my list.

automated event will be nice when we complete this patch as we will prob steer away from big content for awhile.

One thing I thought of, aside from the original lore, was to created a timeline of SB, regarding player activity and what not, from CBT in ASB to now in vendetta, covering all content releases. that way people can see how the game changed over time.

2 hours ago, Alex_D said:

Maybe try helping folks level then, since I know a few trying to level a few toons on your side who are only getting help from FK alts.

Oh my goodness why didn't I think of that?  I'm sure that will solve all our low population problems.

Now tell me how many really want to play a game that the first 90% of is so empty and devoid of anything meaningful to do other than questing and grinding that you literally have to beg to be power leveled just so you can have a chance to play with others. 

If the only cap worth playing is 60+ why then have any other levels?  Just give an item at level 1 that gives enough exp to get to 60 and problem solved.

Besides I'm taking a much needed break from this game, wondering if game will even still be around when I decide to come back.

I'll give an early congrats to Goddess, I know you have been wanting to pass me in rank list for a while.

Take care and have fun to the all to few friends I have left in SB.

Im actually surprised you care about DE being rerolled @Alex_D I dont mind my class being re rolled,  Ive been playing it even before the patch happen and does great job on it,  never complain not even once. When I said rerolled what I mean is go back to that point and start minor changes from there. 

1 hour ago, Misha said:

I'll give an early congrats to Goddess, I know you have been wanting to pass me in rank list for a while.

I don't really care about passing you as it would be cool to have all my toons next to each other on the rank list. It would take me probably about 3 months to pass you if you stopped RP farming today though.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, GoddessSand said:

I don't really care about passing you as it would be cool to have all my toons next to each other on the rank list. It would take me probably about 3 months to pass you if you stopped RP farming today though.

You shall not pass! Lol! 😁

• Haha 1

On 2/4/2020 at 2:01 AM, Misha said:

Oh my goodness why didn't I think of that?  I'm sure that will solve all our low population problems.

Now tell me how many really want to play a game that the first 90% of is so empty and devoid of anything meaningful to do other than questing and grinding that you literally have to beg to be power leveled just so you can have a chance to play with others. 

If the only cap worth playing is 60+ why then have any other levels?  Just give an item at level 1 that gives enough exp to get to 60 and problem solved.

Besides I'm taking a much needed break from this game, wondering if game will even still be around when I decide to come back.

Take care and have fun to the all to few friends I have left in SB.

that's most games tho, I recently made a new WOW character on a busy server, there was few people and little to do until max level.

On 2/5/2020 at 7:39 PM, Variations said:

How about making PvP give good Exp ? especially since making PvP gear in current cap requires well PvP, atleast you can level up in PvP and get medals at the same time

I wonder if they don't have high exp through pvp because some people in lower level caps don't want to exp out of their level while they pvp. It would seem that with the trouble that Vivi went through to fix the farming exp through pve, that the pvp exp would be another can of worms.

• Like 1