At what point does going to NB become pointless

NippleFeet

I feel like going to NB is nothing more than a chore at this point as RG, we have low numbers participating already and it doesnt help that people like EmilySears/SexyChibiusa switch sides as soon as they see theyre gonna start losing. There seems to be zero incentive for anyone to stay. The "reward" for "participating" (getting stomped on) in NB is 4 measly pvp medals and a few cyberclusters and winning side gets not only (correct me if i'm wrong since i havent seen a victory screen since i FC) SG, double or more pvp medals, AND the loot from Asmo, Headsnatcher, and AI.

At some point you have to realize going to battlegrounds like this knowing full well you're going to lose discourages players from joining the battlegrounds at all and this is why we have reached this point. Everyone just sees one side or another start to get steamrolled and "oops my game crashed and i accidentally joined winning team"

This is ridiculous.

https://imgur.com/a/bZL6HNp 

Although this is not from today it was from less than a week ago. The number was 4v15 and then EmilySears died ONCE, raged at us for 10 seconds because we couldnt stop 10 people from targeting them, and proceeded to join the winning side.

TLDR: Going to bunker as RG is fucking pointless and theres no reason to go if there's no incentive to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, NippleFeet said:

I feel like going to NB is nothing more than a chore at this point as RG, we have low numbers participating already and it doesnt help that people like EmilySears/SexyChibiusa switch sides as soon as they see theyre gonna start losing. There seems to be zero incentive for anyone to stay. The "reward" for "participating" (getting stomped on) in NB is 4 measly pvp medals and a few cyberclusters and winning side gets not only (correct me if i'm wrong since i havent seen a victory screen since i FC) SG, double or more pvp medals, AND the loot from Asmo, Headsnatcher, and AI.

At some point you have to realize going to battlegrounds like this knowing full well you're going to lose discourages players from joining the battlegrounds at all and this is why we have reached this point. Everyone just sees one side or another start to get steamrolled and "oops my game crashed and i accidentally joined winning team"

This is ridiculous.

https://imgur.com/a/bZL6HNp 

Although this is not from today it was from less than a week ago. The number was 4v15 and then EmilySears died ONCE, raged at us for 10 seconds because we couldnt stop 10 people from targeting them, and proceeded to join the winning side.

TLDR: Going to bunker as RG is fucking pointless and theres no reason to go if there's no incentive to.

I went to the bunker the other day, which takes place early in the morning for me, around 5am, so likely around 9am cali time?

Anyway, there was about an hour of pvp in the lead up with plenty of RG on. only 4 of those RG showed up to bunker, 1 of which was an FK alt.

Find a way to encourage them to show up, it's all you can really do.

I don't do NB myself because they are never during a time that I could participate in them. So, to me those are just pointless and that includes  the Saturday AK. The hourly BGs are more meaningful to me if RGs and FKs show with more than 1 person.

I think the game would have a better turn out if when a BG started there was some sort of reward system for completing certain tasks instead of a reward for winning. Though the Janus daily quests are good, I do feel that them being only once a day and the type are a bit more difficult if certain characters are left on their own. Take for example the ME if they enter without anybody they can't get their quest done. The DE and WH are usually left to getting their quests done at the guards.

Something that could be interesting to suggest is creating a pvp map like caergate that you can enter at anytime. However, the mobs only spawn once an hour and live till they are killed and you have to go in and kill a certain number of several different mobs to complete the quest that gives a reward. These would be like a repeat quests so that you can repeat it as many times as you want, but you are only given a 15min window to do so as they spawn at the top of the hour and they all fall dead in 15min. You can leave the chests up till it's killed, but still spawns every hour, and a boss that spawns also every hour. The loot is all good stuff that drops and the chest will also give you a quest reward, though it would be like doing the hauler in Amara but both this chest and hauler need their reward fixed to be worth doing.

• Like 1

Those maps are ment to be enjoyed as a late game content when you did everything and all that is left is pvp.  Those maps are designed to be a large scale pvp zone,  but since our population is not great it tends to get boring + drama is tiring. Janus 20 v 20 before and TP 50 v 50 and it feels good even without reward and stuff.

On 2/12/2020 at 5:51 AM, NippleFeet said:

Ya know there are people who willingly play on the steamrolled side just for the hope of achieving balance in those BGs. *wink* *wink* You can be one of em if ya willing to give up victory in exchange for the moral high grounds.

On 2/12/2020 at 5:51 AM, NippleFeet said:

Oh no! Please dun think of incentives. Think of your duty to the faction, chore might it be. Those battlefields call for warriors and soldiers not winners and whiners.