Buffing useless Class Certificates?

QQinfinity

Every single stat in Eden Eternal with the exception of movement speed, is multiplicative, so certificates like "Increase double hit chance 1%~2%" is just absolute garbage, as you can't even stack multiple such certificates across the board to reach a total of 7%/14%, the game simply doesn't calculate stats in the additive manner. (not that 7% total of double hit chance would be remarkably useful anyway... 14% might have been useful if you add item stats such as trophies or other things, but those also don't stack additive-ly, so meh)

And certificates that decrease malice by 5%/8% also seem very redundant when human healers have the "Snub" skill that decrease malice for players. Even if there are no human healers on raids, no one in their right mind would stack these certificates anyway, because again, game calculates them multiplicative-ly so its not additive. Speaking of which, if players end up using knowledge points on class talents that decrease malice then the numbers are also in diminishing returns when paired with the certificates...

Are there any plans to change less useful certificates into something more useful? Granted, it's probably not going to be things like "Increase crit by 50%" (compared to regular increase crit by 5%/10% certificates) but even ACC+5%/10% certificates are more useful in comparison and that's just sad.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• VGN GM

I'm guessing you're a new player so I'm going to say what I always say to newer players and thats to please enjoy the game for what it is first before making suggestions because you're very missinformed about the game.

The Double Hit chance certificates are some of the most used certificates in the game when it comes to higher levels of play as the most damage builds come from stacking multiple different Multi-Hit gears, certificates and gems. This is one of the most impactful certificates in the game.

Malice is a more debatable one ofcourse but again your reasoning on the point you're making is again is so invalid. In the past when I've been leveling characters that are very undergeared and I've been getting carried through certain dungeons where the monsters if targetting me would effectively 1 shot me I would use both these certificates in order to not take the agro. This I would say is a very common situation on this game and I would hazard a guess to say not many people think to do this.

You're looking at the game all wrong and this is why you should play the game, enjoy the game and get to know it a bit before making suggestions. You keep saying the game doesn't calculate things in an additive manner? Well how do you know? The game reacts different to different types of stat boosts. If you wear a Cast SPD +10% certtificate you literally get +10% Cast SPD which is the same with Move SPD. If you wear a +5% CRIT Rate you get +5% of what ever your points are before % based multiplications. You're also completely wrong about Multi-Hit's btw, if you add +2% Double Hit and another +2% Double Hit you get 2 chances of 2% to proc Double Hit and if you proc both at the same chance it works. If you actually reach end game you'd understand this since a common PVP build is Triple Hit trophys, 2-4 Triple Hit gems, Triple Hit Necklace and Double Hit certificates.

So to finalize once again, please play the game first so you can understand what you're suggesting before suggesting.

At first, when i started EE long time ago i felt like "wut ? 2% double hit ? what a useless cert" then later when i started to understand endgame theory crafting, i understood that double/triple hit are so strong that it is normal to have that low %, but you have plenty of them, 2% from cert, 1 % from gem, another 2% from cert, some % from achivement, ect... And it is when you stack them that it takes all sences, when i build a DPS class i'm trying to work on my stats in order to be able to put a maximum of little double/triple hit % from here and here. It is kinda a reward from a good gear build to be able to put double hit cert, this is the mark of people that build their class wisesly and thrust me you will sence it when you will have lot of lit different % proc. At a certain level you wont be able to increase your damage by adding only atk, you will have to put double/triple hit proc in order to hit harder. So, just experience the game without taking care of them, then when it will come to endgame with gear optimisation, you will come back to it with a new point of view. Have fun :D

There really are some useless certs, like -5% mp cost, -8% malice, +8% malice and some other useless stuff nobody will ever use

But it's whatever to buff, nerf, remove or change those certs because unless jordan makes it REALLY broken people wont stop using -8% dmg taken, 4% chance of -10% dmg taken, double hits, p-atk/m-atk.
Basically with some classes we just wish we had one more slot to add another double hit cert.

On 2/27/2020 at 10:21 AM, Tuti said:

-8% malice, +8% malice

Usefull for mutant killing when carrying more than 1 person.
About MP one idk , maybe good for mimic only but that's not the point.

-8% dmg taken, 4% chance of -10% dmg taken

Before was useless cause classes cause no dmg after cap lv75 things become more harder, with DK certificate which was 4% already helps alot, and sage with M DMG reduction only cause the hole server(Aeria) was mpds.

double hits

those are good for cappers only or speed runs on trials, even if increase Certificate slots ppl will prefer have extra elemental resist or other stuff instead of double(For pvp only).

• VGN GM
19 hours ago, infecttado said:

Before was useless cause classes cause no dmg after cap lv75 things become more harder, with DK certificate which was 4% already helps alot, and sage with M DMG reduction only cause the hole server(Aeria) was mpds.

Ever since it was added to the game (70 cap) it's been useful its just only top level players bothered to actually use it because most where like "but if I don't go 4 greens my M-ATK/P-ATK is too low" and stuff like that.  It was the same with 70 resistance builds, people thought they didn't need to bother with having more than like 40 resistance and then once they got rolled by people like us who went full 70 and even went +5-+10 over on some of the imporant ones then it became the normal. I remember back when I was new to PvP people who used resistance gems where seen as noobs or idiots because "LCK Elimination or LCK Fatals only build". Then once they couldn't kill people because resistance > glass cannon they soon changed.

3 hours ago, Jordan said:

Ever since it was added to the game (70 cap) it's been useful its just only top level players bothered to actually use it because most where like "but if I don't go 4 greens my M-ATK/P-ATK is too low" and stuff like that.  It was the same with 70 resistance builds, people thought they didn't need to bother with having more than like 40 resistance and then once they got rolled by people like us who went full 70 and even went +5-+10 over on some of the imporant ones then it became the normal. I remember back when I was new to PvP people who used resistance gems where seen as noobs or idiots because "LCK Elimination or LCK Fatals only build". Then once they couldn't kill people because resistance > glass cannon they soon changed.

i remember when DK born on US Server, when Redemption got party of 3 healers and 7 DK, cause was broken and having Elemtal and Phycal resist on build made it unstoppable.
Same happend on HMNI , but they made build combos using fire stuff.
Point is Now we have VGN content which give stats and resistence, some certificates like dmg reduction will be temporaly necessary.