Looking for Content Suggestions

Jordan

• VGN GM
8 hours ago, Misty said:

Yes I know, but I earn XP when I validate quests, normally it's all blocked except the class XP.

This isn't the topic for this.

However, these only block monster exp as warbeast667 said, just like how Auric and Iris only boost monster exp. There is no reason to be doing quests unless you're trying to level as otherwise you will end up gateing yourself from future levels.

Any chance that Heroic Traits can be expanded upon? I mean, they're pretty neat for min-maxing, but they just lack that bit of pizazz, and some are just completely overshadowed (Maverick, Adventurer, Crack Shot). I like the idea of people branching out their builds a bit using Traits.

Like, maybe give each trait an additional effect. Leadership can give a bonus to party members if the person is party lead (sounds weird but it's pretty thematic, don't ya think?). Guardian for promoting tanky builds instead of being tack-on resists. Crack Shot promoting magic crits (reduce elem resist on a crit, maybe?). Stuff like that. Doesn't have to be fancy, but almost anything can be more exciting than what we have right now.

• Like 3

This is just a small suggestion that I developted by fun~
Even though I'll mention it quite a few times: Main challenge of this idea would be the drop rate.

Dungeon map: Haven of Oblivion (Twin Saga: Bosses would have the same spawn place as there and not like EE's Map)
Required lvl: 120
Weapon lvl: Either 110 or 115 (Suggestion)
Max players that can enter: 3

Idea: The challenge wouldn't be the dungeon or bosses themselves but the RNG behind possible drops or bosses spawning chances. (Explained below)

The dungeon would contain 2-3 bosses per entry, but 6 bosses total. Maybe on weekends there could be the chance of a 7th boss - Mostly for the people that do work and have a limited time to play(This same boss could come with a higher spawning % chance or not). I'm still not sure if the limit per day would be 0/5 or 0/10 - Would depend on the RNG numbers chosen for the drops + aditional option showed later on this post.
Just like in Sky Tower/Daylight Forest the bosses appearance would be 100% random but unlike these having fixed floors/place for each boss, there would also be the chance of having the same boss twice/thrice in the same dungeon. Which on itself can either be a blessing or not: If the party is looking onto X Weapons/Boss and gets it to spawn 2-3 times, amazing. However if you wanted Y or Z Weapons/Boss and you get X 2-3 times... Plus the chance of that happening again the following entry/days. Which may or may not lead onto "Boss calls" appearing again for this dungeon. 
To not let people "check" for bosses, the 2nd and 3rd bosses would only appear after the 1st and 2nd were killed. This way only 1 boss can be checked (Also the reason why I made required lvl 120 and not 115).

My suggestion for the bosses mechanics would be something alike to current GOP with much more HP. Basically somewhat "challenging" but at the same time fairly friendly, just so you wouldn't just run through them as fast as 110 Trials (Without WB option). Obviously that would remove the option to use 4T Pots. Fairly easy mechanics but requiring a decent amount of time to go through 1 entry. Suggestion: Something like a ridiculous number for the HP of the bosses. No demonfire/totem/bloodsword or alike skills would be allowed.

Now for the bosses and their drops. The bosses and their drops would be devided by categories.

• Boss/Group 1 would drop Essence A (Which would be used ONLY to craft/fuse: Pikes, Hammers and Staffs)

BP: Pierce + Nature
    Essence Color: Green

• Boss/Group 2 would drop Essence B (Which would be used ONLY to craft/fuse: Daggers, 1-Handed Swords and Rapiers)

BP: Strike + Fire
    Essence Color: Red

• Boss/Group 3 would drop Essence C (Which would be used ONLY to craft/fuse: Sickleshots, Bows and Guns)

BP: Slash + Holy
    Essence Color: Yellow

• Boss/Group 4 would drop Essence D (Which would be used ONLY to craft/fuse: Cestus, Katanas and Shields)

BP: Pierce + Ice
    Essence Color: Blue

• Boss/Group 5 would drop Essence E (Which would be used ONLY to craft/fuse: Clubs, Greatswords and Axes)

BP: Strike + Lightning
    Essence Color: Purple

• Boss/Group 6 would drop Essence F (Which would be used ONLY to craft/fuse: Guitars, Grimoires, Maces)

BP: Slash + Dark
    Essence Color: Black/Grey

• (Possible 7th boss would contain ALL essences in the drops. BP: Nature + Lightning + Holy)

However I'm still not sure what would be the best way to actually make the actual weapons. Fair disclaimer, the weapons would have FIXED 100% ATK/MATK. To compensate they'd be just as good as awakened weapons (with a tiny feeling of lv95 weapons).

Option A: Crafted with blueprints(specific weapon)
    The blueprints would be ONLY obtained through a NPC. This NPC would have the same system as, for example, lv50 trials. The dungeon would have a Repeatable quest that would give 10 Tokens each time. The player would need 1000 Tokens to buy the blueprint and that's where the entry numbers could also come into play. If the dungeon had 0/5 limit per day you would need 20 days to make the weapon - assuming you had perfect rng - but if it was 0/10 you'd just need 10. Possibly less days if we count maint days. Which, to me, sounds like a good amount for the blueprint. Specially if I remind that the actual challenging part would and should be getting the essences for those blueprints. And I am aware this is a private server but I was going to suggest the drop rate to be the same as vases/chests enchants drop OR the same as the mounts/backpack treasures in Sky Tower/Daylight Forest - Which most players probably would prefer.
    The amount needed of essences to craft through blueprints would be 15. Crafting success rate would also be 100% - Again focusing the RNG on the essence drop being the hardest part. 
    Crafting EACH weapon would also have a Foundry Achievement (15 Points ea) and a diffrent Title(All stats +12%, PATK, MATK & GHEAL +3% and Move Speed +5%).

Option B: Fused in Arcane box (Random per Essence)
    This option would require a smaller amount of essences to fuse - Needing only 10 essences. However to make up for that, the option would be completly random. For an example: You have x10 Essences C. When you put them onto Arcane box's Material Placement area you'd see on the "Product" Area the 3 weapons (Bow, Gun and Sickleshot) where you'd have a 33% chance to get 1 of the possible weapons. Now I am aware there would be 1% left. Knowing EE's RNG I do not want to suggest making that 1% a failure chance however to fight that math problem: That 1% would be the chance to get the 10 Essences AGAIN. (Hopefully noone would be stuck in that 1% loop though...)
    With this option there would be NO Achievement or Title at all. (Not sure if this system is possible in EE, but to make up for it after you've defeated the dungeon x100 times you'd get an achievement and possibly a title - Twin Saga style.)

Also the Essences WOULD BE Tradable. So you could sell unwanted essences and/or trade for something you'd wanted. This is mostly to make up for the possible scenario:
Party wants Boss 1(Staff) + Boss 2(Dagger) + Boss 6(Mace) but for some reason the spawned bosses would be Boss 3+Boss 3+Boss 5(Guns and Clubs categories).

Information about the weapons:

• Unlike lv100 awaken weapons there would be only 1 option per weapon. There would be no healing rapier + damage rapier, for example.
  • As said previously, FIXED 100% PATK/MATK.
  • Weapons would be gold rarity and they'd have a glowing effect of the same color as the essence needed. Example: Dagger would glow red / Mace would glow black / Club would glow purple / Etc.

Examples of weapons:
(They may sound a "bit" broken, that's why I'd like to say again: biggest struggle SHOULD be the RNG to even get 1. All effects mentioned are already in the game, just diffrent weapons and levels. Again some would be class specific while others should be fine in "any class".)

• DAGGER: Normal attacks have 25% chance of triple hit effect. Your attacks have 5% chance of increasing EVA by 10% for 5 seconds.
  • RAPIER: Mcrit 5%. Ice blessing's healing +10%. Attacks and Casts have 5% chance to proc G-Healing 733 Pts for 10 seconds.
  • 1H SWORD: Blade Acrobat's "Sword Dance" range +5meters. Berserker's "Mind weaver" range +5meters. Your attacks have 5% chance to decrease enemies' Slash resistance -20 pts for 7 seconds.
  • MACE: G-Heal 5%. DMG Taken -5%. Casts have a 2% chance to increase WIS by 665 pts and all elem resis by 10 pts for 7 seconds.
  • CESTUS: Crushing Uppercut DMG +20%. Your attacks have 5% chance to decrease target's block by 20% for 5 seconds.
  • CLUB: Move speed 5%. Attacks have 5% chance to decrease enemy's DEF by 20%, lasts 10 seconds. 
  • KATANA: PATK 5%. Move speed 5%. All skills have 5% chance of decreasing target's -10 pts slash resistance for 7 seconds. 
  • GREATSWORD: PATK 5%. Has 5% chance of recovering 10% HP when attacked, lasts for 5 seconds.
  • AXE: Each attack stacks 2% PATK - Stacking at 5. Attacks have 5% chance of increasing STR +500 pts and AGI + 351 for 5 seconds.
  • PIKE: PATK % MATK +5%. Dragon warth +15% DMG. Your attacks have 1% chance of decreasing target's Fire resis -20 pts for 5 seconds.
  • HAMMER: DMG Dealt +5%. Move Speed +5%. Your attacks have 5% of decreasing target's Strike resis by 10 pts for 10 seconds.
  • BOW: PATK 5%. Normal attacks have 20% chance to trigger a double hit effect. Attacks have 1% chance to decrease target's DEF by 10% for 5 seconds.
  • ARTILLERY GUN: PATK % MATK 5%. Attacks have 5% chance of decreasing target's pierce and fire resis by 10% for 5 seconds.
  • GUITAR: G-Heal 5%. Eva 5%. Has a 10% chance of recovering the HP of teammates within 20meters for 5% HP during 7 seconds.
  • GRIMOIRE: MATK 5%. When casting a skill theres a 5% chance of increasing MATK +20% for 7 seconds. When attacked theres a 10% chance of decreasing the attacker's Move SPD -20% for 5 seconds.
  • STAFF: MDMG Dealt +5%. When casting a skill theres a 1% chance of triggering a double hit. Additionally when casting there's a 5% chance of decreasing target's elem resis by -20pts for 5 seconds.
  • SHIELD: Block +10%. G-Heal and P-Heal +5%. When attacked there's a 5% chance of decreasing all damage taken by 15% for 5 seconds. 
  • SICKLESHOT: Reaver's "Shattering Wave" +25% DMG. Attacks and skills have a 3% chance of removing one debuff from the target.
  • Like 1

I'm not deep enough into the game to offer ideas of much complexity, but as a new-ish player who's fallen in love with the game, a couple of things have come to mind.

The game is brilliant, but not enough people know about it. The past couple years have been exceptionally quiet for the MMORPG community, and I think a lot of new blood would come in if they were reminded of Eden Eternal, and that there's a incredibly well-managed server for it with loads of content. So my first tip is simply that the game needs some marketing. A twitter, incentive to share on facebook, a recruit-a-friend system, anything to get the word out. I've made a couple well-received posts on Reddit about this server, but the more that gets out there, the better.

Secondly, events or content that gets the current playerbase out into the lower-level areas would be huge for indicating to new players that the game is still active and alive, and will ease the loneliness of leveling, and encourage new players to stay. It's such a delight even just to see ONE person out when you're levelling, if you're used to not seeing anyone!

So I suppose, in short, some brainstorming within the community and management might be useful on how to pull in new players, and get them to stay. Marketing, social events, events in the lower-level areas, breathing life into the leveling experience - even if just a little! 

This game, and this server, are amazing. It deserves to be doing even better than it is. Let's get more people excited about it!

• VGN GM
On 4/18/2020 at 3:11 PM, tjmleech said:

I'm not deep enough into the game to offer ideas of much complexity, but as a new-ish player who's fallen in love with the game, a couple of things have come to mind.

The game is brilliant, but not enough people know about it. The past couple years have been exceptionally quiet for the MMORPG community, and I think a lot of new blood would come in if they were reminded of Eden Eternal, and that there's a incredibly well-managed server for it with loads of content. So my first tip is simply that the game needs some marketing. A twitter, incentive to share on facebook, a recruit-a-friend system, anything to get the word out. I've made a couple well-received posts on Reddit about this server, but the more that gets out there, the better.

Secondly, events or content that gets the current playerbase out into the lower-level areas would be huge for indicating to new players that the game is still active and alive, and will ease the loneliness of leveling, and encourage new players to stay. It's such a delight even just to see ONE person out when you're levelling, if you're used to not seeing anyone!

So I suppose, in short, some brainstorming within the community and management might be useful on how to pull in new players, and get them to stay. Marketing, social events, events in the lower-level areas, breathing life into the leveling experience - even if just a little! 

This game, and this server, are amazing. It deserves to be doing even better than it is. Let's get more people excited about it!

We're just kind of limited on what we can do on social media as it's not very secure. We also once upon a time had a recruit a friend kinda system or some form of upvote system and it just got abused.

We do have a social media page for Scarlet Blade and I believe there is a Spanish Facebook group for our server but both of these are community ran. I'm not really sure what the solution is to be honest wtih you other than if a community member wants to help out we can try and sort something out.

Here some content suggestion :

1. New Classes, with Awakens (like 3-5 new one)

2. New Type of Weapon (for example Shuriken)

3. New armor system, a reaver but over forcing it to build light he can wear cloth or heavy armor so let say you want a reaver with better tank you go a tank build the idea would create more build strategy and less player that just copy paste someone else build. We could then create more armor to fit. Healer with tank heavy armor, less cast speed more resistance meaning he can do more risky play or tank mob while healing in dungeon.

4. Possibility to have different type of guild area. Forest / Mountain / City / Beach / Castle / Island ( with water all around your guild town. It not neccesary content but more nice for guild personalization.

Another idea is that I think it would be really rad if either the Druid animal forms were changed, or if they could be transmog'd to have a different appearance. Seeing all the beautiful animals in the latter areas from Aura Kingdom, like the kits/foxes, it'd be much better to transform into something like that instead of a big ugly monkey, or a janky unicorn.

Edit: While I think Druid needs it the most, this system could also extend to the summons from other classes.

• Confused 1

• VGN GM

This thread was for content ideas and if people read the original post it wasn't for gameplay suggestions but rather direction of the game from content. Gameplay suggestions can be discussed in their own thread.

I will announce however I've been working with @Mina and we've been discussion and pushing for her dungeon idea. It has been heavily refined from what was originally posted and she has put in a lot of work and ideas towards her suggestion. We will be creating it and that will be what the next content will be based on. I'm sure you'll all enjoy what she's been designing.

• Jordan locked this topic
  • Jordan unpinned this topic