FPS for potatoes

sicat

Any idea how to limit the game's FPS to around 30 or less? There doesn't seem any in-game option to do it.

I'm already using the lowest graphix quality yet my screen almost always freezes for a while when in mass pvp. I'm dead everytime that happens. Just recently figured out that my FPS spikes up when lots of people using skills simultaneously within proximity. My potato cannot handle that thus screen sticks and sometimes lead to a crash.

What do you mean it's not working? Did you limited your FPS to 30 and had no performance increase or you can't follow the above instructions?

I've tried limiting my FPS to 30 ingame and it's working, but if it will give performance increase is a different story.

Capping FPS can give the following benefits:

• Decreased Screen tearing
  • Decreased energy consumption
  • Decreased heat production
  • Decreased noise (cooling fans run slower)

Tested!

Results: Problem persists... sad

I guess this problem is about the potato itself and has little or nothing to do with FPS at all. At least this potato runs more quiet now thanks to the reduced load. Well, thanks a lot after all. 😃

Oh that sucks yeah 😞

Limiting FPS has not that great impact on the performance as you expected. If you allready running on lowest settings there is not much you can do I think.

Time to save up money for a new laptop or better...a PC!

Nowadays for 500 dollar can put together a great PC that can play the heaviest games for years to come. I know because I'm building a PC for someone based on Ryzen 5 2600 (6 core/12 threads) at 500 dollar/euro that can play all games. The videocard is a Asus Radeon RX580 4GB.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/31/2020 at 2:56 AM, sicat said:

My problem procs with the same extent regardless of whether it's set in 1280x720 or 1600x900. I guess it's not about the resolution.

And I already fiddled with those .xml before but nothin seems about fps.

Are all settings low? I guess you just have potato then.
Anyway I recently found out that the only factors that impact fps for me are ground cover and item quality, reducing only ground cover to 0% gives me 120fps with some frame drops, reducing both to 0% constant 120fps. When they are 100% in certain instances I get 45fps 😮 unbelievable, bad game optimization.