Rates

Bash

Which rates would you prefer?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Which rates would you prefer?

• x1 Rates (With Weekend event of x2 each week)
    • x2 Rates
    • Same as EEV Awaken Server (x8)

• VGN GM
5 minutes ago, Araragudnai said:

welcome p2w server(? 

Low rates does not exactly state Pay2Win. I've never been a fan of that concept thrown around, especially at us. You can see for yourself on all of our servers we've hosted that we've always been fair to non-paying players.

3 minutes ago, Bash said:

Low rates does not exactly state Pay2Win. I've never been a fan of that concept thrown around, especially at us. You can see for yourself on all of our servers we've hosted that we've always been fair to non-paying players.

True. Haven't really touched SB but when Twin Saga was around and also the normal EE server, everythings easy af to just grind out a bit. As long as there is nothing exclusively locked behind AP(like dungeon entrance, untradable costumes etc.), it's not P2W.

• Like 1

• VGN GM
Just now, Sasori said:

Bash, can we expect another way to level up classes that doesn't involve runs? 

I mean, I don't mind spending hours lvling classes, but if i had the option, i would pick to do it by quests (even if it is a bit slower than runs) 

Right now we would be aiming to stay as true to classic as possible which means running your dungeons will be the way to level up classes. If people suggest other methods and it gets enough backing then sure it can be considered but to be honest thats more of a direction that should be aimed at our other server that has 61 classes to level and 120 levels to them and not a server that has less than 1/3 of the and half the levels to do so.

Although my memory might decieve me but to be honest I think Veninfang gives really good class experiance. So I don't really think we need to add more ways.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aloha said:

No you can't level alone by questing, I don't know how far you remember Aeria's beta launch, but you may ask @Jordan or a GS since they must have tested all of this. I'm pretty sure at some point you'll get stuck at a level without having anymore mainlines  and you'll need to party up to get EXP from 0/10. 

You can level alone as long as you doing main quest and book quests at the same time
In Brazilian server u didn't even needed the book quests to reach 50+ doing everything alone.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Right now we would be aiming to stay as true to classic as possible which means running your dungeons will be the way to level up classes. If people suggest other methods and it gets enough backing then sure it can be considered but to be honest thats more of a direction that should be aimed at our other server that has 61 classes to level and 120 levels to them and not a server that has less than 1/3 of the and half the levels to do so.

Although my memory might decieve me but to be honest I think Veninfang gives really good class experiance. So I don't really think we need to add more ways.

I think he means, he wants it to be added to replace runs, to be a bit harder, and not to have it with runs available.

• VGN GM
4 minutes ago, Tuti said:

You can level alone as long as you doing main quest and book quests at the same time
In Brazilian server u didn't even needed the book quests to reach 50+ doing everything alone.

I literally just tried it on the test server and you run out of quests around 38 with 50%. As this post stated we're using the exp table from Aeria US back at around 60-65 cap. So the EXP isn't like it is now or even before for that matter. We're trying for as much for an authentic classic experiance as best we can.

6 minutes ago, Tuti said:

But without crafting materials, right?

Crafting materials will be there but remember without POD EP isn't as free as it is at the moment. So people should still op't for gathering materials unless your rich and lazy to waste EP that will have a much greater value than what you're spending.

However, I'd like to state and this isn't aimed at tuti but everyone that this topic is going a bit of track. So if you want to put your opinion forward please make a new thread with your suggestions or contribute on another thread that has similar information. This thread is about rates.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I literally just tried it on the test server and you run out of quests around 38 with 50%. As this post stated we're using the exp table from Aeria US back at around 60-65 cap. So the EXP isn't like it is now or even before for that matter. We're trying for as much for an authentic classic experiance as best we can.

I see, I don't think it needs to be that hard, otherwise people might get stuck looking for party for hours to continue levelping up.
It doesn't need to be easy to get all classes max level in hours, but for leveling I'm not sure.
Being honest, we have to face the reality that this server should be coming months before. Because now, NotAura server is back running, not as good as a VGN server prob will be but not as bad as it was before.
So altho I wish it's not easy as everything can be done in a couple of hours making it harder might make people who are already playing in NotAura to not want to join VGN.

1 minute ago, Tuti said:

I see, I don't think it needs to be that hard, otherwise people might get stuck looking for party for hours to continue levelping up.
It doesn't need to be easy to get all classes max level in hours, but for leveling I'm not sure.
Being honest, we have to face the reality that this server should be coming months before. Because now, NotAura server is back running, not as good as a VGN server prob will be but not as bad as it was before.
So altho I wish it's not easy as everything can be done in a couple of hours making it harder might make people who are already playing in NotAura to not want to join VGN.

Players have 150k hp at lv 60 in TW and you have to take 1 item at a time from your mail, The server is hosted at the guy's house if you have more than 30 ppl online at the same time the server will lag to death, I'm pretty sure they'll quit that garbage for this one regardless what the rate is XD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Aloha said:

Players have 150k hp at lv 60 in TW and you have to take 1 item at a time from your mail, The server is hosted at the guy's house if you have more than 30 ppl online at the same time the server will lag to death, I'm pretty sure they'll quit that garbage for this one regardless what the rate is XD

There a lot of people claiming that they're satisfied with current server state and that they don't have the intention to leave.
We shouldn't leave more reason for people to think the same.
One big problem is that everyone have it own concept of what a "classic server" means.
So even XP rates might be different for each one (I didn't knew there are any differences, i though it was the same since years ago for all official server)
So just make sure to make something not free lv50 after 15 minutes but also not as hard to be annoying leveling.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Araragudnai said:

el problema es que el servidor clásico solo tiene 1 variedad de sanador (despierto, puede obtener HS-paladin-GK) and alot of dps

, ¿puede usar ideas de este y agregar una nueva clase? pero no roto.- clase similar : 3

Please talk only in English on forum or add translation.

1 hour ago, Tuti said:

There a lot of people claiming that they're satisfied with current server state and that they don't have the intention to leave.
We shouldn't leave more reason for people to think the same.
One big problem is that everyone have it own concept of what a "classic server" means.
So even XP rates might be different for each one (I didn't knew there are any differences, i though it was the same since years ago for all official server)
So just make sure to make something not free lv50 after 15 minutes but also not as hard to be annoying leveling.

Not really, i've played on that server for almost a week and the ones satisfied with the server are the ones that started playing first and have all the advantage and also having their wishes all attendend by the gm. This will crumble down very fast and since they're dictating the prices and everything this will strongly dismotivate non-ap-spenders newcomers. I've seen many complaints of newcomers in their discord that were replied by some kind of small fry gs saying things like "you're just upset cause you cannot buy a pet" and "if i can do all runs in 2 hours you should be able too". In any case, lets just let that server die over there and focus here, the question is what rates we want HERE.

I would vote for normal 1x rates and 2x for events but there's no such option :c

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nano said:

Not really, i've played on that server for almost a week and the ones satisfied with the server are the ones that started playing first and have all the advantage and also having their wishes all attendend by the gm. This will crumble down very fast and since they're dictating the prices and everything this will strongly dismotivate non-ap-spenders newcomers. I've seen many complaints of newcomers in their discord that were replied by some kind of small fry gs saying things like "you're just upset cause you cannot buy a pet" and "if i can do all runs in 2 hours you should be able too". In any case, lets just let that server die over there and focus here, the question is what rates we want HERE.

I would vote for normal 1x rates and 2x for events but there's no such option :c

other server is absolute garbage same people who mocked bash for his management techniques are doing a worse job there go figure ill definitely be trying this one out tho not too sure if ill stay but i enjoy the work here at vgn im an old nostale player wish it would return :(

• Like 1

@Bash and @Jordan

Can I ask something ? Ikn the pool is just for feedback. But shouldn't the pool be more close to "real" rates ? I mean, 8x makes sense when you talk about cap 120 with awk class. But maybe we don't really need to go 1x, maybe something in the middle that make sense for both, like 3~4x

• Like 1

• VGN GM
42 minutes ago, Loonatik said:

@Bash and @Jordan

Can I ask something ? Ikn the pool is just for feedback. But shouldn't the pool be more close to "real" rates ? I mean, 8x makes sense when you talk about cap 120 with awk class. But maybe we don't really need to go 1x, maybe something in the middle that make sense for both, like 3~4x

To be honest we could have just opened a thread and asked for everyone's opinion on what rates should be instead if this was the case. The poll is there to just give us a general idea of what people want and I was intending to just add x1 or x2 as an option, I just added the final to see if people want same as what we offer.

I played MS from open beta until 75/80 cap.

I think x1 rates for character exp is 100% fine (it took around 3-5 days to reach level cap on every release for 50-70 caps with no knowledge of content and around a week for 70-75 cap doing reps outside of vingot) Class exp on the other hand was really slow on MS and took a while to cap classes just to get certificates, etc. 

I think EXP/CP needs to be buffed if 0/10 is kept in the game (but issue with botting might happen if cap was removed...). Otherwise, each cap, players will be spamming reps for levels for days to reach the next line of story quests.

• Like 1

okay so I shouldn’t be the one to say anything cause it took me over a year to level to even 100, though im at cap now, with 8x rates and im not even up to par with PvP standards... probably even 120 pve standards as well, but i was planning on switching to the classic server cause lv 60 cap was the time where I actually found the game again after being introduced by my brother to eden in general, and i really enjoyed it. Frankly having it at the base exp rate would give me time to actually do well and understand the classes instead of just spamming buttons or just doing what everyone else says to do.