"Access violation at address" Error - EE

Momorra

I decided to return to EE Vendetta given my newly acquired free time, only to run into issues when trying to launch the client.

I've re-installed EE three times on this computer alongside another download on another, only to continue running into the same issue: the game won't launch after I hit play.

I've tried running the game as administrator and looked into whether my anti-virus software was blocking it for some reason - I never had issues last year while using the game client - to no avail. What I have discovered, however, is that an error message pops up on my screen on occasion.

The error is as follows:

"Access violation at address 005F924B in module 'patcher.exe'. Read of address 00000010."

I'm not sure what this means, and any insight on my situation would be greatly appreciated. Verifying the game files has not worked either.

On 4/5/2020 at 9:38 PM, Momorra said:

I decided to return to EE Vendetta given my newly acquired free time, only to run into issues when trying to launch the client.

I've re-installed EE three times on this computer alongside another download on another, only to continue running into the same issue: the game won't launch after I hit play.

I've tried running the game as administrator and looked into whether my anti-virus software was blocking it for some reason - I never had issues last year while using the game client - to no avail. What I have discovered, however, is that an error message pops up on my screen on occasion.

The error is as follows:

"Access violation at address 005F924B in module 'patcher.exe'. Read of address 00000010."

I'm not sure what this means, and any insight on my situation would be greatly appreciated. Verifying the game files has not worked either.

same here.

@Jordan

• 2 months later...

Eu reinstalei o EE três vezes neste computador, incluindo outro download em outro, apenas para continuar com o mesmo problema: o jogo não será iniciado depois que eu jogar.

" Violação de acesso no endereço 005F924B no módulo 'patcher.exe'. Leia o endereço 00000010. "  

ja desliguei o defender do pc ... ja reenstalei ...

Edited by Josias Lima
palavra errada

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • VGN GM

Please do not necro month old threads! Because of the age of this thread and necro, we will have to close it.

Most of the time, this error can be ignored. It appears because the patcher is trying to connect to a dead node on our CDN. On occasion, some of the nodes will go down and any attempt to connect to them will produce this error.

So while it does appear, it shouldn't have any effect on the actual game, and can be closed. The game should load up fine otherwise. If its persistant, a reset of your router may help change the routing your internet takes when connecting to the game.

If you still have any issues, please make a new thread detailing what issues you're still having.

• Vivi locked this topic