Classic does not work

MrMeeseek

After clicking on Play Classic in patcher.exe it doesn't work, the game doesn't run neither clicking on patcher nor the run_game_classic file, it only works after installing the game, I reinstall the game twice and it only runs just after installation; Also veryfing on patcher.exe doesn't help

i'm having the same problem since yesterday after my Internet disconnected me from the game..

What i already tried:

• putting _Launcher, launcher and patcher on the Windows Defender exception list
  • completely uninstalling all other Anti-Virus-Software
  • updating all drivers and update Windows
  • Uninstalling and re-installing the game
  • restarting PC, verifying the files through the patcher
  • resetting the PC to a state 2 days earlier

Reinstalling the game is the only thing that helped. but only until the next crash of the game (this time a connection error while doing 10vs10 Arena) then i keep having the same problem as MrMeeseek.

I hope there is an easy solution to this - otherwise i'll try to format my SSD later and see if that helps

• Like 1

No you misunderstood - the picture i posted was just an information for the Devs or other friendly people willing to help to probably help identifying the problem.

However, what you can try is the following:

1. Have a functional Eden Eternal Vendetta Folder (e.g. download and reinstall freshly) WITHOUT Starting the Game
  2. Copy (don't just move) that original folder to another location, this will work as a backup of a functional client
  3. Start the game from the original folder and play until it crashes and doesn't start again
  4. When it's not working anymore, delete the original folder and copy your Copy in the same place

this is obviously not an ideal solution and i don't know if it actually works either - but if it does, you at least don't have do download or reinstall the game every time again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skyrith said:

No you misunderstood - the picture i posted was just an information for the Devs or other friendly people willing to help to probably help identifying the problem.

However, what you can try is the following:

1. Have a functional Eden Eternal Vendetta Folder (e.g. download and reinstall freshly) WITHOUT Starting the Game
  2. Copy (don't just move) that original folder to another location, this will work as a backup of a functional client
  3. Start the game from the original folder and play until it crashes and doesn't start again
  4. When it's not working anymore, delete the original folder and copy your Copy in the same place

this is obviously not an ideal solution and i don't know if it actually works either - but if it does, you at least don't have do download or reinstall the game every time again.

That's what I'm doing but as you said it is not an ideal solution 🙁.

1 hour ago, Lorixon said:

Just my two cents, but maybe make sure that you put the whole folder in the exceptions.

https://puu.sh/FzHmR/b794b01ec4.mp4

Other than that, downloading the files from the website and checking "Verify" at the end of the installation should fix the client from my experience so far.

In my case I don't have to put it in exceptions because I manually disable Windows defender, and yes, the first time I installed the game again (2 days ago) I downloaded it from the website and after installation I verify it from the patcher.exe but the problem is still present, I can not close the game or I will have to install it again.

The same happens to me.

Uninstalling the internet bank security plugin I was able to play for a few days, but after got alpaca I had the same problem again.

On 4/18/2020 at 5:36 PM, Skyrith said:

i'm having the same problem since yesterday after my Internet disconnected me from the game..

What i already tried:

• putting _Launcher, launcher and patcher on the Windows Defender exception list
  • completely uninstalling all other Anti-Virus-Software
  • updating all drivers and update Windows
  • Uninstalling and re-installing the game
  • restarting PC, verifying the files through the patcher
  • resetting the PC to a state 2 days earlier

Reinstalling the game is the only thing that helped. but only until the next crash of the game (this time a connection error while doing 10vs10 Arena) then i keep having the same problem as MrMeeseek.

I hope there is an easy solution to this - otherwise i'll try to format my SSD later and see if that helps

I did all those steps, but still the same problem.

I installed a virtual machine with Windows XP and accessed the EE folder that is installed on windows 10. On windows XP the game opens normally. Therefore, I deduce that the files that are installed in Windows 10 are not corrupted, since it was possible to access and open them through Windows XP.

• VGN GM

As i mentioned in another thread, you don't happen to be renaming your chat box everytime you login to the game after a fresh install? If you are and you're adding a space to the name this could be the thing causing you an issue booting the game.

As for disabling Windows Defender, this does not work unless you block all the IP's associated with it. With Windows 10 you cannot just disable features as easily as the button says it does as it will always be running in the background and it will always be stepping in un-wanted. So even if disabled still add as an exception.

• Like 2