Altar Suggestion

Dmic

• Would be cool to see some balance on the altar also between Magic / Physical dps and stats. The last altar we had included several PDPS pets but we haven't received any equivalent MDPS stuff.
  • Modify % chance's so that lesser items are not on rows above higher items.
    • An example of this would be CP Charms. You have a CP Charm 1 on the top row and a CP Charm 2 on the row right below it. While statistically the CP Charm 1 may have a higher land chance than the CP Charm 2, you still have to get to this row (missing yellow/blue ec), and it feels really bad. Would rather see the rates changed so that the items show up in a "higher row is always better" kinda fashion so that the altar feels better when you win.

• VGN GM

Altar suggestions are not open right now and they follow a semi-thematic weekly rotation. Bash wanted us to try out this format since our Awaken servers are often random but I do admit I'm not really into the idea myself as the items are quite a strech in thematic relevance.

Themes so far:

Workers - Maid/Butler ~ Waiter/Waitress ~ Pastry Chef's ~ Angel Swing
Fantasy - Butterfly Dress ~ Rose Princess ~ Sinner/Succubus ~ Fantasy Bunny
Chill Costumes ~ Specs/Garb/Thread ~ Day-off/Hoodie ~ Prep Girl/Guy ~ Alpacas

We have 7 more weeks of planned themes and after those weeks end we will look into changing these up slightly maybe go to similar format as a awaken where altars are usually themed and not entire weeks. There will also be player choice / player suggested altars but those I want to hold off for now.

1 hour ago, trancyy said:

return the deuterium or tritium scrolls please.

These items are part of the rareish pool and I decided after the over influx of the low % one I would hold off on these for a week or two. I'll see maybe this coming week can have them return for 1 rotation.

• Like 1

• VGN GM
10 hours ago, xCROv said:
  • Modify % chance's so that lesser items are not on rows above higher items.
    • An example of this would be CP Charms. You have a CP Charm 1 on the top row and a CP Charm 2 on the row right below it. While statistically the CP Charm 1 may have a higher land chance than the CP Charm 2, you still have to get to this row (missing yellow/blue ec), and it feels really bad. Would rather see the rates changed so that the items show up in a "higher row is always better" kinda fashion so that the altar feels better when you win.

It's hard to do this as you need some "lose" items that aren't just gold ec's otherwise people end up with stacks upon stacks of the good items (Especially the top row items). We had this issue on the Awaken server where things that where top slot where sometimes worth less than things on the bottom 3 rows just because people are forced to take them as many would usually just skip over them in the chance of getting something better.

Aeria also had these kind of items on the top row and they had rates such as 90% gold eden crystal which I can safely say is much more than ours. This is not me saying I wont ever put good items in that top row common slot. But I have to be careful if I don't wanna cause said item to lose value.

None of our Gold ec's and Blue ec's are even half the rate of what Aeria had on theres and they where charging $10-20 for like 20-40 ec's. So just remember our altars won't be perfect but they're much more forgiving and worth the money.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jordan said:

Altar suggestions are not open right now and they follow a semi-thematic weekly rotation. Bash wanted us to try out this format since our Awaken servers are often random but I do admit I'm not really into the idea myself as the items are quite a strech in thematic relevance.

Themes so far:

Workers - Maid/Butler ~ Waiter/Waitress ~ Pastry Chef's ~ Angel Swing
Fantasy - Butterfly Dress ~ Rose Princess ~ Sinner/Succubus ~ Fantasy Bunny
Chill Costumes ~ Specs/Garb/Thread ~ Day-off/Hoodie ~ Prep Girl/Guy ~ Alpacas

We have 7 more weeks of planned themes and after those weeks end we will look into changing these up slightly maybe go to similar format as a awaken where altars are usually themed and not entire weeks. There will also be player choice / player suggested altars but those I want to hold off for now.

These items are part of the rareish pool and I decided after the over influx of the low % one I would hold off on these for a week or two. I'll see maybe this coming week can have them return for 1 rotation.

Hello Sir Jordan, Why is it the altar now is the same as the altar 6 days ago.

• Jordan locked this topic