Increase elite HP/Boxes rates from Highlands elites

Tuti

First, I believe there is a bug because sometimes you can hit elites with +8 weapons and still didn't get a mail box. So people said you will get a box if you use provoke to get elites agro but sometimes you also dont get it. Maybe its because they're dying too fast so increasing their HP might fix.
And I really believe something that only demands time but no effort (Like building a character to run some dungeons like full century/manor or even full century T) should not be profitable as armor boxes are RN. People are paying 1500-2000g in a elite boxes, some people are making 15k+ profit a day just by sitting a map and waiting for it to respawn all day. Increasing suply (by increasing drop) will decrease demand (since people will be able to get their pieces more easily) and decrease box prices. That if people are able to farm without having to compete with 20+ people for a elite that sometimes dies in less than 5 seconds.

• Like 2

I think that this is a simple supply and demand problem that doesn't need to be changed really. People are paying for that much for the drops because the content is new not because there is an issue with the rates. This will settle itself out here soon. This can be seen by the fact that none of the other legion elite have this issue.

1 hour ago, xCROv said:

I think that this is a simple supply and demand problem that doesn't need to be changed really. People are paying for that much for the drops because the content is new not because there is an issue with the rates. This will settle itself out here soon. This can be seen by the fact that none of the other legion elite have this issue.

Yes, but Pet toy boxes decreased rates for boxes, so its harder to get boxes people wants. I think increasing hp and rate for armor boxes/decreasing pet boxes will make it better.

18 minutes ago, Tuti said:

Yes, but Pet toy boxes decreased rates for boxes, so its harder to get boxes people wants. I think increasing hp and rate for armor boxes/decreasing pet boxes will make it better.

I agree that in the short term this will make people get their gear faster but that will also take away the accomplishment of getting the gear. It's also not the only method. It's okay to start on top tier gear in the first few days. It's going to take time, making it easier will just ruin the fun. The issue right now isn't that there is a bug or the drops are to low. The issue is that everyone on the server is trying. It's like altar items, they will be expensive when it first comes out if you're trying to buy it the same day. Just be patient. :)

I think the only thing they need to make an adjustment for is the ability of getting a box itself. Most of the time people don't get an elite box for doing damage or contributing to the elite. I'm not sure if it was changed but if I remember right anyone that tapped the boss for any damage would receive a box in your mail.

• Like 1

It's simple. You need a certain(most likely aggro) contribution to get a box, just go warrior and double provoke them. SHould work 9/10 times.

As @xCROv said and GMs mentioned multiple times in other threads, people shouldn't have their gear completed in 2 days. Just give it a few more days/weeks and people will do way less elites since people are actually finishing their sets/highlands fame(believe it or not, some people only do elites for the fame hand-in thingies because they don't wanna do REPs).

I see no need or sense in increasing drop/hp rate on elites. Only makes the game die out faster again, and that's not what any of us should want 🙂

• VGN GM

I will look into this issue of why people are not getting the boxes but if someone could do me a favour and next time someone doesn't get a box tell me how many people hit the monster first. Because you might find they've designed the system so only x amount of people can get the box at any given moment to stop someone inflating the market with 10 alts for 10 trys. Usually these systems are based on total damage dealt to the monster (Like Aven event bosses and how people who just tap the boss once only get 1 reward while people who hit for the whole duration get multiple drops instead).

5 hours ago, SenorBernd said:

It's simple. You need a certain(most likely aggro) contribution to get a box, just go warrior and double provoke them. SHould work 9/10 times.

As @xCROv said and GMs mentioned multiple times in other threads, people shouldn't have their gear completed in 2 days. Just give it a few more days/weeks and people will do way less elites since people are actually finishing their sets/highlands fame(believe it or not, some people only do elites for the fame hand-in thingies because they don't wanna do REPs).

I see no need or sense in increasing drop/hp rate on elites. Only makes the game die out faster again, and that's not what any of us should want 🙂

I understand your concern with the game dying out, I hold worry over that too. But in this case it is an inconvenient system that definitely is more so frustrating than something to motivate people to continue playing.

I say fix the system so that everybody who hits get boxes.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Matt said:

I think the only thing they need to make an adjustment for is the ability of getting a box itself. Most of the time people don't get an elite box for doing damage or contributing to the elite. I'm not sure if it was changed but if I remember right anyone that tapped the boss for any damage would receive a box in your mail.

That's how I remember too.
In Awakened server, I used to farm with alts only hitting it once with each alt, one single hit was enough since no one else was farming elites then I killed with main and receive a mail with all alts.

5 hours ago, Jordan said:

I will look into this issue of why people are not getting the boxes but if someone could do me a favour and next time someone doesn't get a box tell me how many people hit the monster first. Because you might find they've designed the system so only x amount of people can get the box at any given moment to stop someone inflating the market with 10 alts for 10 trys. Usually these systems are based on total damage dealt to the monster (Like Aven event bosses and how people who just tap the boss once only get 1 reward while people who hit for the whole duration get multiple drops instead).

I can try, but I think that's not the problem since sometimes farming with kina you can be one of first hitting elite and still get no mail.
I can think that it's a lag/delay related issue, since when there's a lot of people farming elite dies reallllly fast and both people who are hitting with DPS classes or provoking with tanks can't get boxes, so maybe server isn't registering dmg/hit before it dies. But that's a blind shot.

6 hours ago, SenorBernd said:

Game isn't dying if elite boxes are easy to get.
Elite is just the first part, we still need to farm arena for tokens to make set golden.
We still need to farm gold/stones to upgrade sets and weapons, we still need to farm weapons for %
Elite bug isn't really making game harder to gear, its just making people stack gold selling 2.5k each heirloom box. 1k each of other boxes, something that shouldnt be happening.

• Like 1