Hide "Show Equipment"

xCROv

One of my long time wishes for EE was the ability to hide my own gear. With the variety of builds you can have in this game a mixing of items and sets, it would be cool to have the option to disable people being able to see your gear. There are a few different ways this could be accomplished that shouldn't be massively hard to implement if this was something people were interested in.

• VGN GM

I'm not sure, I mean technically its possible but there is a lot of other things that need to take priority for both games and I just don't really think a feature like this will really matter in the long term. People can see your procs and stuff and theres only a finite number of gears you can possibly use at this level cap atleast.

Maybe in the future but I kinda feel like 90% of the players of this game don't think and just copy anyway so you'd kinda just be pushing them away. If they didn't think before I don't think they would think now. Thats how I've always seen it anyway.

6 hours ago, Jordan said:

I'm not sure, I mean technically its possible but there is a lot of other things that need to take priority for both games and I just don't really think a feature like this will really matter in the long term. People can see your procs and stuff and theres only a finite number of gears you can possibly use at this level cap atleast.

Maybe in the future but I kinda feel like 90% of the players of this game don't think and just copy anyway so you'd kinda just be pushing them away. If they didn't think before I don't think they would think now. Thats how I've always seen it anyway.

This is the main thing really. One of the attractions for Eden has always been that there is kind of a lack of information on the game. Things found normally take effort by the players to "discover" so to speak. I can totally understand the point where it may not be a top priority though.

15 hours ago, silver91 said:

I think that option is good for new players and people who need a guide. Remember we are community after all.

Even if we are a community and new players need a guide, there are plenty online. Exploring builds and combinations in this game is something that takes time and effort for the most part. We already get forced into using a few gear sets, having someone see your full build down to stats and %'s is just silly and stagnates variety even more. They all want to be exactly what the top person is right now. And that's how we end up with 400 zumi's running around because one person does well in a TW.

Either way, just a long standing idea I wish was in EE.

On 4/23/2020 at 4:05 AM, Jordan said:

you can't say something based on assumptions, I think the game does affect when the team sees you, I prefer a hide option if you can