I'm really angry at the new patch

Annie

It seems that uniq r2 jewels will be cheap now.GM,do u know what old players are thinking?We used to spent many monthes to get 12 uniq r2 jewel.now i think players can get 12 uniq r2 jewels in 3 days. if he want.

We old players had bite our tongue when u make ancient spanner cheap.now i have to say no,this is not fair.

we spent toooooooooooooooo long time farming to earn those uniq r2 jewels.how can old players get psychological balance??????Did we waste tooooo much of our time?

many old player even don't wanna do amara boss now. the drop rate is too high.every one get full geard too easy now.

i know u think drop rate high will make lowbies happy.but do we old players have  a bad stepmother ?i think there are many ways to make all players happy but not in this way.This only make me feel like it's in the end of few days of ASB before it shut down.every thing is cheap when ASB shut down.

i hope GM can make a better choice and change patch back.ty.Or i m really disappointing

• Haha 1

i don't blame you annie, but i noticed a similar situation in tera online,

as the years passed, the hardest gear veterans used to grind

later had equals that became quest items or lower boss drops.

i got a full top set to +12 twice, before giving up there in disgust.

my guess is as years go buy, it becomes more important to hold the

interest of new players, rather than keep all the veterans happy 😔

because let's face it, there are plenty of other eye candy mmo's out.

Let's go over some numbers will you. 1 rank 2 ch-eva jewel cost 700g for rare and 15k for uni. The rare gives 180 and uni 226 which is only an increase of 20%, but instead of cost going up 20% for unique it goes up 2100%. I can take on any player touting rank 2 uni gear sets with just rank 2 rare gear sets, so why does the cost for unique items need to go up 2100% when you only gain a 20% advantage. But let's look at it this way.

Crit atk rare rank 2 gives 240 on the stats the counter for crit atk is crit void. uni rank 2 gives 300 and rare gives 240 per jewel. Let's give each player max jewels of each.

just from jewels
Most crit void rare you can have is 2880
Most crit void uni you can have is 3600
Most crit atk from rare you can have is 2880.

The formula of total crit atk increase facing with those stats is = 150 + (crit atk/100 - crit void/100) so here's what you are left with in both uni and rare crit void against just rare crit atk is as follows.

uni crit void
150 + (2880/100 - 3600/100) = 150 + (28.80 - 36) = 150 - 7.2 = 142.8%

rare crit void
150 + (2880/100 - 2880/100) = 150 + (28.80 - 28.80) = 150 + 0 = 150%

you only reduced a crit atk by a 7.2% and you probably spend on up to around 25k per jewel for a grand total of 300k on full uni crit void. While your rare counter part only spent 20k or less. You spent 150 times more for your uni set than just sticking with rares. That 7.2% difference is nothing especially looking at all the other attacks that take place on any character.

So, for them to increase drop of jewel replicubes increases and lowering the cost of uni jewels is a result, it is only to bring more uniform prices of cost to benefit. And people should stop thinking that P2W is the name of the game, because characters with full rank 2 rares can dominate a match of rank 2 unique characters in equal numbers and even more so when there are more players against less. Numbers don't matter that much when you are looking at a less than 10% benefit.

Oh and we can do a difference between rare crit void vs uni crit atk
150 +(3600/100 - 2880/100) = 150 + 7.2 = 157.2

now the gain is 157.2 - 142.8 = 14.4% greater.

Here's a uni crit atk vs uni crit void. quick math = 150% and there's actually no increase or loss if everybody ran around with uni jewels vs everybody running around with rare jewels.

The game won't die, but the economy will get more inline with cost to benefit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Annie said:

it's different from other games!! other games will make new patch with new level and new gears for new lvl.but the game had stopped developping.will GM open lv69 79 89 99?seems  impossible

Vivi would like to increase level cap when they are ready, from what she's talked about and right now she's not ready. Also, they may have plans to release a rank 3 jewel. The previous drop rate and economy would turn the game into very heavy p2w, something that the I've heard GMs say that they don't want in the game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Annie said:

shut ur anus up godde ass. if u like this change. then i will advice GM to make rp increase 20 times from each mob. you will be happy then.

Aww, you do care. 20 times greater RP increase on mobs would be fine, we all only get 100k a day and that would save me time to go farm more jewels. But you are just pissed about me having to explain this too you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Annie said:

if godde ass spend 1000 days to reach his total rp rank . GM, Please let every one reach that rank in  10 days. then we all will be happy.hahahhahahahahahahahahhaha

well, that's fine by me, I'd then be able to farm RP in less time as I can easily kill you more times than you me in a 1 vs 1.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, con said:

i don't blame you annie, but i noticed a similar situation in tera online,

as the years passed, the hardest gear veterans used to grind

later had equals that became quest items or lower boss drops.

i got a full top set to +12 twice, before giving up there in disgust.

my guess is as years go buy, it becomes more important to hold the

interest of new players, rather than keep all the veterans happy 😔

because let's face it, there are plenty of other eye candy mmo's out.

Hasn't Tera been releasing new material to off set the changes to support the newer crowd? Haven't played that game in a while.

@Rest of the members: Keep it civil... If you want this thread to be closed, then go ahead and continue with the uncivilized tirades. At the rate it's going, I'm tempted to close it. It's not about taking sides. It is about maintaining a civilized debate.

Edited by Norleras

yes norleras, but the smaller the gen pop, the harder it is to get enough on equipped and disciplined enough to do the new harder material.  in the early days it tooks minutes for their dungeon ques to automatically join 5 players together (with one tank class, one healer class and three dps), now it can take hours for the later high level dungeons, unless you still have enough actives in your guild that can coordinate and do it privately... which is rare.  

for some odd reason, the only old timey mmo i know of that's managed to stay active, gradually add content with a decent population without nerfing it's economy every year has been Guild Wars 2.

19 minutes ago, con said:

yes norleras, but the smaller the gen pop, the harder it is to get enough on equipped and disciplined enough to do the new harder material.  in the early days it tooks minutes for their dungeon ques to automatically join 5 players together (with one tank class, one healer class and three dps), now it can take hours for the later high level dungeons, unless you still have enough actives in your guild that can coordinate and do it privately... which is rare.  

for some odd reason, the only old timey mmo i know of that's managed to stay active, gradually add content with a decent population without nerfing it's economy every year has been Guild Wars 2.

Hopefully something works out in this regard as we work on it as some of our attempts ended up bugging the living crap put of SB.

The interesting thing is about this patch and the drop rate of jewels should only apply to TT challenge mode that from my understanding requires a PT and that the increase from what I see is suitable due to the fact that any one of the players in a PT could get more jewel drops from TT in normal or hard mode. So, the increase is good for the challenge mode to encourage more people to join a party and take that DG head on, with greater challenges should be greater rewards. The Normal and hard mode I believe were left untouched.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GoddessSand said:

The interesting thing is about this patch and the drop rate of jewels should only apply to TT challenge mode that from my understanding requires a PT and that the increase from what I see is suitable due to the fact that any one of the players in a PT could get more jewel drops from TT in normal or hard mode. So, the increase is good for the challenge mode to encourage more people to join a party and take that DG head on, with greater challenges should be greater rewards. The Normal and hard mode I believe were left untouched.

i had said the best drops should be from amara boss but not from DG.pvp for boss in amara make ppl have fun to play.stupid dg is only boring.do u think every one like that dg like u?

1 hour ago, Norleras said:

Hopefully something works out in this regard as we work on it as some of our attempts ended up bugging the living crap put of SB.

i know some will give me flack for posting this, but here goes;

if you spent 100 hours farming something that post update only takes someone 10 hours to farm, it's not like your'e some chinese virtual currency trader that suddenly saw the real money resale value of his inventory lose 90% of it's value.  you are a player who we hope enjoyed playing for 100 hours, gained some sense of "virtual" accomplishment by doing it, and hopefully enjoyed a few weeks/months/years with your peers in game "admiring" the fruits of your labor.  so veterans already got their satisfaction out of the game, it's just the future satisfaction out of it in game has depreciated a lot faster than maybe they had hoped.

59 minutes ago, Annie said:

i had said the best drops should be from amara boss but not from DG.pvp for boss in amara make ppl have fun to play.stupid dg is only boring.do u think every one like that dg like u?

But Bosses in Amara doesn't occupy everybody's time. Players like playing with friends and getting a PT together to do a DG is something that 1) allows a medic to participate in for loot since doing TT alone is too long and too boring for them if they even can kill anything as most will have 1 build strictly for pvp not pve farming. 2) It also allows players who are slower in TT to work with others to get the same loot or more in the time that other get when they farm TT in the same time period. To explain 1 run in TT challenge could last a PT, probably 30min? Not sure. You have WH's that run normal in barely 30min while PUs do hard mode in under 15min. The PU will gain more loot than the WH in 30min, but if you throw the two in TT challenge mode, the two will end up with the same loot that the PU would gain in 30min or more and thus balancing out drops for those characters vs time for farming. There are people who enjoy party play, especially those with friends that play together. Amara bosses doesn't allow more enjoyment playing with friends as bosses don't spawn repeatedly after they die unlike what one could do in TT.

Aside from Bosses in Amara, which should have some good loot that is and isn't better, but different. You can't farm TT, DS, DMHM, and DTO for the exact same loot one might obtain from a boss in Amara, so Amara bosses are unique in what you get from them. The other issue is that farming TT will allow players who are ranked high enough to get and use a major lvl 55 mech that they otherwise would take them a long time to obtain if they tried it solo as a Medic.

• Like 1

Firstly, the rate changes are my idea, not Vivi so stop blaming her for everything. I also spent a long time getting my full uni r2 and my second set . It was very hard and annoying but at the end of the day, I rather everyone have endgame gear for less farming and more PvPing. Even then, it will take newer players a long long long long long time to get fully geared anyway If you're upset with that, I'm sorry, it was what i thought was best. 

Secondly, We are working on making Amara/NB/AK bosses more enticing. I know PvP is boring rn and we're hoping the upcoming changes will fix that. We are planning on making changes little by little constantly to keep things interesting. 

The whole staff has been working a lot harder this year so prepare for good changes!

• Thanks 1

Banana  then  i ask u  what to farm after everyone got full geard after every one are full of uniq r2 jewels and uniq ancient jewels ?i think every one will got super full geard in 2 month if he work hard.then 2 monthes later what to farm?only super boring left.then we have no intreasting to farm boss in amara. and no pvp any more on boss there.we only pvp then? pvp for what? for unbalance of ppl number on 2 sides??

8 minutes ago, Annie said:

Banana  then  i ask u  what to farm after everyone got full geard after every one are full of uniq r2 jewels and uniq ancient jewels ?i think every one will got super full geard in 2 month if he work hard.then 2 monthes later what to farm?only super boring left.then we have no intreasting to farm boss in amara. and no pvp any more on boss there.we only pvp then? pvp for what? for unbalance of ppl number on 2 sides??

It takes way longer than 2 months to farm full uni r2. If a new player gets to lv65, it will take a realllllly long time to get full uni r2, even with these changes.

Like I said, we are coming with new stuff that should keep y'all busy and hopefully increase PvP.

Just now, BananaHand said:

It takes way longer than 2 months to farm full uni r2. If a new player gets to lv65, it will take a realllllly long time to get full uni r2, even with these changes.

Like I said, we are coming with new stuff that should keep y'all busy and hopefully increase PvP.

did u farmed TTC before?I use my PU and ME.and i pt another CB then we 2 ppl farm TTC boss1,about 12mins 1 run, each run about 3 shards.1 hr we 2 will get 15shards  don't forget we can also get shards from box.  about 1.5 hrs we 2 ppl each one will get 1 jewel safe guard.2-3day farming i can get 12 jewel safe guards indeed for 12 uniq cv r2 jewels.and u also increased jewels drop rate really easy to get toooooooooooooooooooooo easy

1 minute ago, Annie said:

did u farmed TTC before?I use my PU and ME.and i pt another CB then we 2 ppl farm TTC boss1,about 12mins 1 run, each run about 3 shards.1 hr we 2 will get 15shards  don't forget we can also get shards from box.  about 1.5 hrs we 2 ppl each one will get 1 jewel safe guard.2-3day farming i can get 12 jewel safe guards indeed for 12 uniq cv r2 jewels.and u also increased jewels drop rate really easy to get toooooooooooooooooooooo easy

So you think a new player will be able to do that? Again, a new player will take a very very very very very long time to get their full gear. Players who already have full gear maybe be easier for but others, it's still really hard.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BananaHand said:

So you think a new player will be able to do that? Again, a new player will take a very very very very very long time to get their full gear. Players who already have full gear maybe be easier for but others, it's still really hard.

we can never farm 12 uniq r2 jewels in such a short time before even we are full geard

this patch only make me feel our work before =waste of time

and do u think there are really many lowbies in this game?don't tell lies. i think most ppl use their main char farm to feed their alts acturally.

3 minutes ago, Annie said:

we can never farm 12 uniq r2 jewels in such a short time before even we are full geard

this patch only make me feel our work before =waste of time

Well, I am sorry you feel that way. We're just trying to make it easier for newer players to get to end game and PvP. Hopefully whatever we add in the future will bring more for you to do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

and more problems will come. fks have more ppl daily online. so thay can find pt for TTC very easily.and they will be full of uniq r2 jewels faster than rgs. Rgs even hard to find a pt for TTC. then u will see later days fks alts are all full geard.RG only lose and lose in bg.no fun any more.

“For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.” 

God is making fun of us.

as for some 1 who have plenty of r2 unis i think its not a problem, game need improvement and unis or ancient is 1 of them if the game really hard new player will quit fast becuase its not easy to grind and if u keep the old rate % then sb player will keep decresin . my point is u cant stop changes and it happen in everygames not just sb or tera, i think its natural. well its just my opinion, as some 1 who play alot of MMORPG annie just mad becuase r2 unis r common now