Can we do away with Smog now?

Variations

or a 60 Boss in Barb in general? original purpose of it was so that both factions could get a garenteed chance at Tarturus Cards in case  ppl couldn't loot any in Amara. But lets face it, a lot of ppl now realise the loot of Smog is literally the same trash as doing a Hound and so a lot of ppl aren't bothering to kill it anymore. Tart cards have a healthy flow through the player base now aswell as the several other additional ways that were added for people to get Tart cards are keeping it healthy

What did smog do to you? Is Smog bugging you that much? Is it really that bad to have TT passcards in the game? I mean it's not like leaving it there hurts anybody unless they attack it and can't kill it. But like others have pointed out it also drops crafting materials needed for Major mech and Cyberskin. Removing doesn't help the game and keeping it doesn't hurt the game. So, why do they need to remove it except to make you happy that it's not there?

• Like 1

• VGN GM

Well rather then outright removing it, you could suggest on how to make it's drops more appealing and how they could better assist the factions.

As Goddess said, it doesn't hurt to stay. Just because something does seem to have an outright use, why not change it before just giving up and say remove it.

• Like 1

Not much you can really add too it without making something already in place with a purpose lose its purpose.
Make it drop lv 60 Earrings ? idk still got a fair influx of those floating in the game from the last even that poured out earrings.
lv 50 Necklaces? Takes half the purpose of DMHM away
Amara bosses already shooting out the Same stuff as TTC but only in a fraction of the Amount.
Boss cubes makes it pretty easy to have naraks and kilos.
Medals aren't too hard to acquire.
Epoxy and Metal scrap drops from like everything as it is.
Skill resets drop from bosses
Spanners and Ancient spanners drop.

Pretty much everything is already acquire-able either from bosses or TTC, other than maybe 2 things, Beta Hexes ( I know they drop in DMHM but not very frequent) and Safeguards.
And again not to leave out what I already said about TTC pretty much already outshining bosses in the current state of things. Evening doing the Amara bosses aren't even that enjoyable, and much incentive to fight over anymore because of TTC, Smog can easily be forgotten about and even cut out when there's 5 other bosses in Amara that can use adjustments first.
Before TTC, Boss loot was a main source for things, other than uni weapon skins and costumes. Now it's like why should I do a boss and maybe get 1 boss Treasure replicube and maybe a metal scrap when I can do a TT or TTC run and get like 10 jewel replicubes, 10 ancient jewels, 4 spanners, 2 ancient spanners, 6 Boss treasure cubes, 2 metals scraps and 4 mech shards and if not even more.

Unless you're ready to just make every boss in the game Loot-splosion with nothing but uni gear, accessories and misc that fit the 65 cap area and make everything else in the game added prior up to this point just pointless. Cutting out 1 boss wouldn't hurt at all. ( And I know there's other items that could be tossed in that wouldn't due to it's a way that helps keep the game funded by having certain items exclusively to AP Purchase)

On 4/30/2020 at 5:28 AM, Variations said:

Not much you can really add too it without making something already in place with a purpose lose its purpose.
Make it drop lv 60 Earrings ? idk still got a fair influx of those floating in the game from the last even that poured out earrings.
lv 50 Necklaces? Takes half the purpose of DMHM away
Amara bosses already shooting out the Same stuff as TTC but only in a fraction of the Amount.
Boss cubes makes it pretty easy to have naraks and kilos.
Medals aren't too hard to acquire.
Epoxy and Metal scrap drops from like everything as it is.
Skill resets drop from bosses
Spanners and Ancient spanners drop.

Pretty much everything is already acquire-able either from bosses or TTC, other than maybe 2 things, Beta Hexes ( I know they drop in DMHM but not very frequent) and Safeguards.
And again not to leave out what I already said about TTC pretty much already outshining bosses in the current state of things. Evening doing the Amara bosses aren't even that enjoyable, and much incentive to fight over anymore because of TTC, Smog can easily be forgotten about and even cut out when there's 5 other bosses in Amara that can use adjustments first.
Before TTC, Boss loot was a main source for things, other than uni weapon skins and costumes. Now it's like why should I do a boss and maybe get 1 boss Treasure replicube and maybe a metal scrap when I can do a TT or TTC run and get like 10 jewel replicubes, 10 ancient jewels, 4 spanners, 2 ancient spanners, 6 Boss treasure cubes, 2 metals scraps and 4 mech shards and if not even more.

Unless you're ready to just make every boss in the game Loot-splosion with nothing but uni gear, accessories and misc that fit the 65 cap area and make everything else in the game added prior up to this point just pointless. Cutting out 1 boss wouldn't hurt at all. ( And I know there's other items that could be tossed in that wouldn't due to it's a way that helps keep the game funded by having certain items exclusively to AP Purchase)

What about going through DGs, PvP, and PvE bosses to repurpose them?

DMHM does have beta hexweaves in them and one could move gamma hexweaves into it and increase beta hexweaves so that when a player reaches lvl 60+ they can use it to help randomize gear. Could also cause uni scanners to drop in it for players crafting 60+ gear before reaching lvl 60+.

Smog - could add some loot that increases pvp buffs not just the lvl 3 hypos, but Chronos. Then when people want to pvp they kill it because it will increase their power?

• Like 1

I think this all because of the overly abused promotion of end game playing ... they can't figure out how to distribute stuffs among bosses or other source of loots ... so much of end game --- when it's almost near impossible to add level69 cap because you know, the game technically lost it's essence ... it's all just about getting maxed in level, items, etc ... even bg's are already boresome coz people aren't enjoying the game anymore ... how i miss the older versions when it was only cap 39 ... everything was so much better then. And it is all so weird that you gain so much exp in the lower levels and then suddenly slows down when you get 50 ... I think it's very reversed.

• Thanks 1

Endgame players are constantly asking for Unique Scanners. The Acheron used to drop those but endgame players can't enter Ellis, so that's out. Perhaps add that to Smog or another boss or two at endgame?

Fusion Safeguards would also be an appealing item. A lot of endgame players can't get the Unique Rank 2 Jewels because the failure right is high, (50-50 does NOT mean if you fail at first you are guaranteed to succeed the second time, or anytime.), and the cost is pretty outrageous, regardless: 10-15,000 for a fusion safeguard in the AH and 4 Unique Rank 1 Jewels are often 12-16,000 for 4 of the more desirable Jewels, such as Crit-Void and Crit-ATK.

Possibly make the level a bit lower for lower level players. Level 70 boss, I see-and hear-a LOT of misses by players, skills not working and that's L65 players. Lower the HP. 25,000,000 takes a decent amount of time if there is only one team or just a few players attacking it and takes forever if it's only lower level players. I get that it's primarily for endgame players but anyone at L30 can wander through there, so it should be possible. Control the amount of loot taken, if adding Unique Scanners, Fusion Safeguards or weakening the boss make it too appealing, by spawning it less often.  

54 minutes ago, MichelleZhivago said:

Endgame players are constantly asking for Unique Scanners. The Acheron used to drop those but endgame players can't enter Ellis, so that's out. Perhaps add that to Smog or another boss or two at endgame?

Fusion Safeguards would also be an appealing item. A lot of endgame players can't get the Unique Rank 2 Jewels because the failure right is high, (50-50 does NOT mean if you fail at first you are guaranteed to succeed the second time, or anytime.), and the cost is pretty outrageous, regardless: 10-15,000 for a fusion safeguard in the AH and 4 Unique Rank 1 Jewels are often 12-16,000 for 4 of the more desirable Jewels, such as Crit-Void and Crit-ATK.

Possibly make the level a bit lower for lower level players. Level 70 boss, I see-and hear-a LOT of misses by players, skills not working and that's L65 players. Lower the HP. 25,000,000 takes a decent amount of time if there is only one team or just a few players attacking it and takes forever if it's only lower level players. I get that it's primarily for endgame players but anyone at L30 can wander through there, so it should be possible. Control the amount of loot taken, if adding Unique Scanners, Fusion Safeguards or weakening the boss make it too appealing, by spawning it less often.  

Uni scanners I do believe drop in DS and DTO for endgame.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MichelleZhivago said:

Players can enter Archeron from Amara now.  Problem is that The Archeron from there is Party Mode difficulty, which is being fixed

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 10:39 AM, Vivi said:

Well rather then outright removing it, you could suggest on how to make it's drops more appealing and how they could better assist the factions.

As Goddess said, it doesn't hurt to stay. Just because something does seem to have an outright use, why not change it before just giving up and say remove it.

@Vivie late reply sorry..

Everythingdrop on Amara bosses/ NB like rings and trinket, earring on TP or AK (tbh AH is full with them).

1. So can we please get lv 56 uniq Necklace added to it? they dont drop at any boss or BG  🤔
  2. Uniqe Scanner  - omg yes everyone need them every level cap ! TA is the only DG with the drop! :v
  3. Legendary Passcards - well still needed for DMHM, or DTO for old/new players to get Hexwaves/Pet Chip stuff if they up to farm it self! (since they removed from most bosses and BG reward).
  4. Maybe lv 62 Trinkets - but they can drop on Abbadon and Gorgon. ( mostly Abba dont get killed cos of "PvP".)
  5. Skill Restes - Uhm who dont need them? (NT) 0.0
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1