Does character % in graphic settings matter in pvp?

Excellent

I have no idea what % effects what. I do know that I am currently having issues with graphics in the game and my system constantly starting to freeze and then dc right in the middle of mass pvp so much so that I can't enjoy pvp. I thought that putting a Ati Rx 580 in my computer would run better than the Ati R9 380, I feel as though it doesn't or something got changed in the game that crashes the system. I might try deleting the drivers and  software and then reinstalling them so it's a fresh install.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoddessSand said:

I have no idea what % effects what. I do know that I am currently having issues with graphics in the game and my system constantly starting to freeze and then dc right in the middle of mass pvp so much so that I can't enjoy pvp. I thought that putting a Ati Rx 580 in my computer would run better than the Ati R9 380, I feel as though it doesn't or something got changed in the game that crashes the system. I might try deleting the drivers and  software and then reinstalling them so it's a fresh install.

Nonsense this game was released back in 2012, it works on potato laptops it was even designed in mind with 1366x768 resolution + you can see this from the low texture quality.

In options there is Character % from 0 to 100, it controls view distance of npc, but I'm not sure if it works for pc. I wonder if anyone checked that.

I always have Settings at their lowest BUT slide the Character % option to 100%. Leaving the Character Setting low, I seem to get way too many surprises.  RGs who are not SWs appearing out of nowhere. :D

On my somewhat older compy, it seems that enemy PCs don't show until they are very close-suddenly appearing when within 20 metres of me-and already in range at 0, Character % Option. It is possible that it works better on a newer compy, if you are able to use higher overall settings. But for me, in PvP, any settings above the lowest and the game/my compy freeze up in RG Base in Al Kasava or almost anytime around more than a 5-6 enemies and 5-6 friendlies.

So, I tend to use lowest settings as a default and in my own experience, leaving the Character Setting low just means I can't see RGs until it is often too late to do anything, so 100% Character to be able to see the opposition far enough out to react to them.