Sign in to follow this  
SenorBernd

Class Medals(/Honor Stars) via PvE

Hey so let's be real. I suck at (normal) Arena and i feel bad for my teams tbh.

For how to possibly do it i thought maybe changing the guild town daily quests to add a random class medal or maybe even 1 for the class you complete them with. That'd make it 6 medals per day(plus a few more every few days if you do the "advanced" quests where you have to hand in the items from the normal ones) and/or however many honor stars you may add. 

Or maybe change some repeatables in endgame maps(highlands/vipers) to maybe give like 1 or 2 honor star per quest. This way it'll take long enough to not give the PvE people an unfair adventage over doing Arena.

Sure, that wouldn't be "classic" but let's be honest, there were many changes made that aren't "classic" and the argument is getting old owo

I think it's just a bit unfair that noobs like me get to kinda ruin the arena matches for others just because we would like to make a set that isn't otherwise available

• Like 3

You can join 10v10 and play classes like bard lv 60 and buff your party or maybe templar for cc. I recommend 10v10 for ppl without gold gear or orange gear you get 18 honor stars and 3 class medals for each win. My "ungeared" friends go 10v10 too and farm them by just supporting the team with cc or buffs.

9 minutes ago, naru said:

You can join 10v10 and play classes like bard lv 60 and buff your party or maybe templar for cc. I recommend 10v10 for ppl without gold gear or orange gear you get 18 honor stars and 3 class medals for each win. My "ungeared" friends go 10v10 too and farm them by just supporting the team with cc or buffs.

Sure, that's not what this is about tho

I think atleast adding Honor Stars outside of PvP is a terrible idea. It happened with POD and it kinda made the currency not a PvP currency but a PvE currency that was just anoying to farm. I also plan to add more items in the future to Honor Stars like exclusive costumes and stuff that would also make this currency be more active.

I'm not sure about class medals as again they're sort of linked to the PvP but I will admit I'm definatly more open to adding Class Medals in places.

tl;dr Honor Stars not, Class Medals maybe (needs more discussion).

Then pls go ahead and comment on my suggestion of adding them(class medals) to guild town dailies/reps.

Tbh i don't think adding 1 honor star to rep quests would inflate it that much. Or having a lucky bag that could contain class medals or honor stars instead(?).

Class Medals  can only be aquiered by arena or honor stars but cost 18 honor stars each one. I think that lowering the cost of class medals or being able to purchase those with another currency could help. Getting them from a lucky bag won´t work since you will end with a lot of class medals that you don´t need and just a few of the ones you acttually want.

Idk I think at 1 it becomes a bit pointless. Thats like 2000 quests or something for 1 set, I think that would have a major negative reaction as you either have to make it useless and be asked what is the point which I some what agree on or you make it good enough and kill the incentive of the currency. I have a good example of this happening on the Awaken server so I'd rather just leave that matter how it is.

As for the reps, I kinda agree with ted but I'm not sure what the solution would be. As if you make it specific it will flood, if you don't you will end up with a lot of people with medals they don't want being very angry. I'm not really sure what to suggest as a middle ground here hence why i'd appreciate some other ideas from the community so atleast if anything they can give me some ideas.

There are crystal cross medals and alpaca coins that could be used to purchase those clase medals but I prefer war stones since there is some kind of limit of how many you could get on a day (compared to the other 2 currencies) and they are actually used for other things so it would not kill the incentive of the currency.

Maybe making it tree specific loot bags is an idea. Like as a reward pick from yellow/green/orange/blue/purple. That'd still require the quests to have 5+ rewards to pick from tho.

Or as ted said, some sort of currency you could trade in for those tree-specific bags or medals themselves. Maybe even use alpaca coins. That'd have the plus of you being able to buff/nerf the rates/coins needed if you feel like it. 

I don't like using Warstones tho, since you really need way too many already for Capes/enchants and literally never have enough anyways.

Some more suggestions i gathered from people:

1. Put in Honorstar-Bags / Class Medals for Trial-Quest-Points(so far only useful to get Weapon BPs)

-> i like that idea since you currently only need them for weapon BPs and it's good to balance for you since it's a very limited currency

2. "Class medal trader" where you can trade in your current class medals for X currency and buy Medal Y for the same price or honor stars themselves

-> This is a thing of "just switch to the desired class at end of arena" case but maybe this would make random-medal-bags useful/possible

3. Make Alpaca Metal/Jade/Gems tradable for medals/honor stars

-> I think that's a neat idea. People who want to farm dungeons but don't want the alpaca costume stuff can make a use out of it like this. With gems(trials quest reward) this may tie in with #1 mentioned up there. 

• Like 2

I think it would be a great way to supplement getting them from PvP. I think the main attraction should be drawing people into PvP when they are open because it gives more, but having them from REP quests (in a small amount like 1 or 2 per quest) would be a good idea since it gives you something to grind to get them even faster. The point being that you're not left with PvP being useless but that REP quests can help you speed up getting your items if you would like to hardcore grind it.

I remember when I played in Aeria that arenas were very fun until lvl 60, because it was the skills and the strategy, not the gear, but when you reach lvl 60 (the cap) a lot of players will have very good equipment (aeria point buyers) and that was not fun anymore and you see the same people everyday and the majority of player not.

Sometimes I see a message in peer asking for queue in arenas, maybe there are people who dont enjoy them for that reason, I dont know if it is possible to make an arena where the gear does not have a big impact and when you are ready you go to the real arena.

There are games with this system, instances where the gear is off so it does not matter your +10 eq and you wont one shot anyone, but of course the rewards wont be the same, you will get less honor stars and class medals. 

I still think that war stones is the best option, alpaca coins can be harvest endlessly and cristal cross medals too. In the other hand wars stones are not difficult to get but there is a limit of how many you can get and also have other ways to use them hence the currency will not be that greatly affected and there will be still an incentive to farm class medals from arena. I think that 1 war stone per class medal should be fine. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, silver91 said:

There are games with this system, instances where the gear is off so it does not matter your +10 eq and you wont one shot anyone, but of course the rewards wont be the same, you will get less honor stars and class medals. 

Your post has nothing to do with the thread(tho in general i agree)

15 hours ago, ted said:

wars stones are not difficult to get but there is a limit of how many you can get

I mean, the whole point of this suggestion is to have a way of getting honor stars/medals wihhtout doing PvP. What's thhe only way of getting warstones out of PvP? The mouse crafted item.(or am i missing more possibilities?). Sure, TW quest and arena quests every day but that resolves back to the whole point of this topic in the end. 

I'm lookinng forward to see Jordans opinion on some of the suggestions :D 

Edit: Btw. i asked around a bit and 10/10 of the people i asked(PvE mains and PvP mains within the top ranks of 10v10 Arena listing) have said, that it'd be absolutely fine to hav 1-2 honor stars on repeatables and/or other ways to farm them. So that people who want to go for "the grind" or just do some extra stuff can do so. 

4 minutes ago, SenorBernd said:

Your post has nothing to do with the thread(tho in general i agree)

It is a PVP alternative, because it seems a PvE one is not well received by the GM, and you want the class medals/honor, right? 

Another thought i had about REP quests to not inflate class medals so hard(let's be real 1 class medal for 1 rep quest would be WAY to much):

Could reward "class medal fragments" that you can fuse into class medals via arcane box. That'd take out the programming difficulties of putting too many options into one quest and yet again would be very easy to balance for you since you can just set the amount of fragments rewarded/needed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SenorBernd said:

Another thought i had about REP quests to not inflate class medals so hard(let's be real 1 class medal for 1 rep quest would be WAY to much):

Could reward "class medal fragments" that you can fuse into class medals via arcane box. That'd take out the programming difficulties of putting too many options into one quest and yet again would be very easy to balance for you since you can just set the amount of fragments rewarded/needed.

Yes this is a good idea, personally the arena thing is stressing me a lot.

On 5/10/2020 at 1:08 PM, Jordan said:

Idk I think at 1 it becomes a bit pointless. Thats like 2000 quests or something for 1 set, I think that would have a major negative reaction as you either have to make it useless and be asked what is the point which I some what agree on or you make it good enough and kill the incentive of the currency. I have a good example of this happening on the Awaken server so I'd rather just leave that matter how it is.

As for the reps, I kinda agree with ted but I'm not sure what the solution would be. As if you make it specific it will flood, if you don't you will end up with a lot of people with medals they don't want being very angry. I'm not really sure what to suggest as a middle ground here hence why i'd appreciate some other ideas from the community so atleast if anything they can give me some ideas.

Middle ground:
Let people choose between Tank bag (Warrior, Knight, Templar), p-dps bag (Thief, Martial, BD, Samurai), etc.
IDK if in this cap there are any class token that are not used in ANY arena gear, but if there is, remove from bag.

Altho, I'd like to say that is kinda pointless to add class token as PVE reward and keep Honor Stars as PVP reward (and I agree they shouldn't be obtainable in PVE)
Currently we have some people on server who doesn't care about gearing because they don't want to waste their money in cap 60, they're waiting for 65. A lot of people are going arena troll gears because they don't care how many times they will lose till they get enough medals for lv65 sets.
Now if those people can farm class tokens in PVE, but they still need honor star which they can get in PVP even by losing (unlike tokens that they need either to win or to lose enough to get HS to buy) it will make it way worse.

And I'm not talking about people who aren't strong, people who have +2/+6 weapons. Not everyone have money to +10 weapons, and we have to respect those players, let they play because they are allowed to have fun too, its a f game, everyone is allowed to have fun.

But there are people like that

:jU3jWX9.png
Playing 10x10 and 3x3 every day with +0 blue boss weapons because they don't care about having fun or winning. If you carry them good, 1 medal for them, if u don't, whatever, they have plenty time to farm for cap 65 while they ruin other people experience and fun.

@Edit: I covered his nick because I'm not trying to witch hunt any1 on forums, but if that's enough for any kind of punishment lemme know and I will send original SS in ticket

1 hour ago, Tuti said:

Now if those people can farm class tokens in PVE, but they still need honor star which they can get in PVP even by losing (unlike tokens that they need either to win or to lose enough to get HS to buy) it will make it way worse.

That's why the suggestion was made for medals AND honors stars tho. Apart from that you literally explained yourself with the rest of your post, why PvE medals/honor stars is good? If people who really do not want to do it can get medals and honor stars outside of arena, i'm pretty sure they won't join. If people troll, report them and they will face the consequences.

Btw. if someone joins with Blue gear that's not trolling annd you need to accept it, like it or not. Sure it sucks since it's an almost guaranteed lose, but as long as they are not actively trolling it's perfectly fine. That being said and yet again: that's what this suggstion is for :D 

2 minutes ago, SenorBernd said:

That's why the suggestion was made for medals AND honors stars tho. Apart from that you literally explained yourself with the rest of your post, why PvE medals/honor stars is good? If people who really do not want to do it can get medals and honor stars outside of arena, i'm pretty sure they won't join. If people troll, report them and they will face the consequences.

Btw. if someone joins with Blue gear that's not trolling annd you need to accept it, like it or not. Sure it sucks since it's an almost guaranteed lose, but as long as they are not actively trolling it's perfectly fine. That being said and yet again: that's what this suggstion is for :D 

No, its not. There are people with blue gears that are doing relatively well on arena, better than some with golden gear +6/+8.
The only problem is with people that are using bad gears because they don't want to/are lazy to gear and still want to go arena regardless if they are really trying to win or not.
Like this person I mentioned, he uses full bosses blue gear and say he don't want to fort it because he don't want to lose money on this cap.
Fortifying ccm weapons/set pieces costs to costs 10 silver.
This guy is literally saving 19 scrolls and 190 silver for cap 65 but still think its right to go play arena.
That guy was just an example btw
Having blue gears or not having money to fortifity stuff above +2/+3 shouldnt keep anyone outside arena.
Having no interesest to gear, build and playing competitively on this cap should.

2 hours ago, Tuti said:

No, its not. There are people with blue gears that are doing relatively well on arena, better than some with golden gear +6/+8.
The only problem is with people that are using bad gears because they don't want to/are lazy to gear and still want to go arena regardless if they are really trying to win or not.
Like this person I mentioned, he uses full bosses blue gear and say he don't want to fort it because he don't want to lose money on this cap.
Fortifying ccm weapons/set pieces costs to costs 10 silver.
This guy is literally saving 19 scrolls and 190 silver for cap 65 but still think its right to go play arena.
That guy was just an example btw
Having blue gears or not having money to fortifity stuff above +2/+3 shouldnt keep anyone outside arena.
Having no interesest to gear, build and playing competitively on this cap should.

Hello, I am not super geared, but I dont think a guy with a blue armor +2 (not your friend) can comepete in arena and please dont miss understand me, everybody should enter arena if they want, but in the team we can not win against a +10 players (all 3), it is kinda frustanting, I can invest in my gear, but if I am the only one its is kinda difficult, personally I am getting bored of the arena, I think it shoud exist other ways, i dont care if i have to do 2k times  a quest or more, it will be better for me, I will enjoy it more, I  have a headache now u_u.

I really hope the GM can make something for this situation.

3 minutes ago, TheObserver said:

Hello, I am not super geared, but I dont think a guy with a blue armor +2 (not your friend) can comepete in arena and please dont miss understand me, everybody should enter arena if they want, but in the team we can not win against a +10 players (all 3), it is kinda frustanting, I can invest in my gear, but if I am the only one its is kinda difficult, personally I am getting bored of the arena, I think it shoud exist other ways, i dont care if i have to do 2k times  a quest or more, it will be better for me, I will enjoy it more, I  have a headache now u_u.

I really hope the GM can make something for this situation.

I'm not saying it easy, or that +2 players will always outplay and win against +10 players.
But it IS possible to win arena with +2 gears when you trying, you wont get all +10 on the otheside every match.
I do agree that PVE ways to get medals can be good, if well done, but it has to be done along with something to stop those people to then join PVP queue just to get honor stars by losing.
If there's not a way to stop them, then simply don't add class tokens to PVE

It is true do something with a blue gear against +10 geared players is really hard and  few people are able to do it but this is not the point. He is talking about people that just dont want to gear up or help on arena and just go there to farm coins by staying afk or just doing nothing making it too much frustrating for the players  (geared or not) that actually want to play arena. There are even players that go to monster arena and do not even equip the arena weapons. 

I still think that honor star should be an pvp currency and even if someone dont like pvp very much getting the honor stars for a golden set is doable. However class medals is another story and there should be another way to get them outside of arena since just buying the medals with honor stars cost like 6 times more than the bps of the set .

Yes people trolling in arena and farming honor stars, that happend too and its worse. I think honor stars and medals should be obtainable in PvE, and people who really enjoy PvP or are geared will join arena, because I know (and its prob a fact) if you enjoy PvP and/or are good at it, you wont do a lot of quest (because it should not be easy) to get a golden arena gear.

Maybe we can report people who is just trolling in arena, but not the player who tries, because they have right to enjoy or play the game, and this player with the PvE system can obtain part of the set and keep doing arena and get better results.