Zolias

Reduce the amount of times the Anti-bot popup comes up?

I've seen it pop up at least 25 times during the time I've played.  It seems to always happen when I'm just training my classes, and it always happens when I'm in combat.  I understand why it happens, but the frequency of it is just obnoxious. 

Why not have it happen at least once during an account's login, popping up like 5 minutes after the account is logged in? 

If that's not possible, at least have it maybe once every 5 hours...  

It used to be limited to once every hour and people would just abuse that fact and come back to the computer every 1 hour to catch the captcha.

If people where not being obnoxious with botting and giving us headaches in tickets then our Captcha system wouldn't have to be annoying. We have it in place to improve the quality of everyone's game so bots cannot ruin the games economy, it's unfortunate for normal players but it's just something you guys have to put up with unless you want botters to ruining the game then thats the only choice.

There would be no point having the system in the first place following your suggestion.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jordan said:

It used to be limited to once every hour and people would just abuse that fact and come back to the computer every 1 hour to catch the captcha.

If people where not being obnoxious with botting and giving us headaches in tickets then our Captcha system wouldn't have to be annoying. We have it in place to improve the quality of everyone's game so bots cannot ruin the games economy, it's unfortunate for normal players but it's just something you guys have to put up with unless you want botters to ruining the game then thats the only choice.

There would be no point having the system in the first place following your suggestion.

I suppose this makes sense... it's a shame, but I guess it can't be helped. 

Well, unless you can find and/or make an algorithm that can detect when accounts log in and give it to them at that point or some random set of time afterward, maybe it's for the best...  maybe one that calculates how many times an account has successfully completed the captcha, cross-reference it with a set number, and after that set number has been achieved (maybe like 100 or something; idk), then give some kind of notice not to send a captcha to that account anymore?  Idk, coding is beyond my comprehension, but it almost sounds like I know what I'm talking about...?  lol

Edited by Zolias
slight fix in wording

Just now, Zolias said:

I suppose this makes sense... it's a shame, but I guess it can't be helped. 

Well, unless you can find and/or make an algorithm that can detect when accounts log in and give it to them at that point, maybe it's for the best...  maybe one that calculates how many times an account has successfully completed the captcha, cross-reference it with a set number, and after that set number has been achieved (maybe like 100 or something; idk), then give some kind of notice not to send a captcha to that account anymore?  Idk, coding is beyond my comprehension, but it almost sounds like I know what I'm talking about...?  lol

We have systems in place but the botting that goes on in Eden is always macro based so Captchas that prevent logging into the game or popping up very early then not again for the next few hours will be ineffective as people will just figure out the timings and bot around them.

Hence why it has to be frequent but also unpredictable so at the very least its inconvient for them to macro.

I supose the anti-bot will popup every time a player fulfill certain condition.

If I'm right so maybe you can make a probability based system. When a player fulfill the conditions to make the anti-bot popup the system will roll a dice with 30% rate (or something) to make the anti-bot actually popup. I believe this gonna make the popup less frequenty for normal player but still gonna be unpredictable for those who use macros.

2 hours ago, Nykhynulg said:

I supose the anti-bot will popup every time a player fulfill certain condition.

If I'm right so maybe you can make a probability based system. When a player fulfill the conditions to make the anti-bot popup the system will roll a dice with 30% rate (or something) to make the anti-bot actually popup. I believe this gonna make the popup less frequenty for normal player but still gonna be unpredictable for those who use macros.

It's been on a probability system since day 1. Just remember how often trophys and rings proc and they're only 5% most of the time. Imagine doing 30%.

Also it is currently effective as since it was implemented bot reports have been reduced by 100% on both servers.

• Like 1