Gearing Up From 30+

zindanx

I have two characters in the 30's now; 37 SW and a 35 PU. Each is using the "Base" armor set (Unique and Rare), and a Rare weapon, then just random accessories. The rare weapons seem to be quite a bit better than their "Base Unique" counterpart, with the basic stats being 3x higher while the Uniques have a lot more stats too them. The armors are the same way, but not quite as drastic, so I've been using the Unique armor (plus, the unique armor looks a lot better on the PU).

Yet, I'm wondering how good the Unique "base" items are in comparison to Rares (of equal enhancements), should I be trying to get a set of Rare gear at +7 - +10? This line of thinking comes from being destroyed by the first boss in Ignis Vortex on either character, that boss just applies a couple debuffs that my characters have no chance of surviving.

Understand that I'm a pretty casual player with zero experience beyond lvl37 or knowledge valuable materials to keep / look for at all. I'm pretty sure the Base items were from some event box or lvl reward system from long ago. So don't assume I know anything about anything. šŸ˜ƒ

I have a little knowledge about the Lv 30-39 cap and the Uni based gear is a good starting point, imo are better than the rares (if you enchanted the uni, im not too sure if you can still enchant them if not then stick with the rares for now until you can get better uni gear) you want to aim for upgrading you knee guards and suit the most because the give you more defense.Ā 

In 30 range a rare +7 (with good stats) is better than the base gift +8. Base gear's in 39 tier can't go above +8, so they are really bad. It's really hard to beat Ignis Vortex dungeon with base gears only, if you don't go 40+.

Things change in 40, when base gears are same as drop, and you can +12 them. Good luck.

The free uni gears in lv40 is legit good cuz they're not "base". They have stats similar to normal uni gears but come ready-to-use without the need for uni laser scanner.

A +8 or +9 rare gear set at lv39 should beĀ enough to beat Ignis Vortex. PU can outDPS those debuff while SW can clense em, dunno bout how other classes do it tho. But if ya reaaally wanna be sure to beat IV, then better be at leastĀ lv43 to be able to use those above-mentioned free uni gears.

On 5/16/2020 at 10:51 AM, MilkyWays said:

aim for upgrading you knee guards and suit the most because the give you more defense.Ā 

thisĀ but if ya toon is either SE or SW, then better enhance shoes instead cuz itĀ gives high eva which is a must for these eva-based classes.

2 hours ago, sicat said:

The free uni gears in lv40 is legit good cuz they're not "base". They have stats similar to normal uni gears but come ready-to-use without the need for uni laser scanner.

A +8 or +9 rare gear set at lv39 should beĀ enough to beat Ignis Vortex. PU can outDPS those debuff while SW can clense em, dunno bout how other classes do it tho. But if ya reaaally wanna be sure to beat IV, then better be at leastĀ lv43 to be able to use those above-mentioned free uni gears.

thisĀ but if ya toon is either SE or SW, then better enhance shoes instead cuz itĀ gives high eva which is a must for these eva-based classes.

And Weapon for killing them before they kill you mentality.

Response in red

• 2 weeks later...

Easiest way is to get lucky and buy some cheap ones in AH, either way 29 to 59 is dead so you wont have any competition or whatsoever but people tend to be greedy in this game so you'll have to check from time to time for cheaper ones.Ā