Annuia

Drop rates

Hello,

I know theres been posts about this, but in my view making another post talking about drops is just a way tho show that many people share the same thought and its something everyone would enjoy.

That being said going straight to the point. Firstly i dunno the percentage of RNG for drops, but would be good if you could increase it, atleast for trophies in trials, we all know how trophies are sometimes hard to drop in trials, out of 5 trials, only one trophy dropping in about 15 bosses is really, really sad, its just demotivating, specially for people who are still building their gears, that trial trophy can make a huge difference in their build and moral, and lets be honest, inncreasing their drop rate won't create an unbalance in the game, most people who do trials, specially the most geared ones, go for the weapons, BP, pits and so on. So increasing the trophy drop rate is something that would be very nice! and could help alot of players.

As for golden gear, well, maybe a slight increase, just to be fair to other players who are aiming for those, specially the ones who pay, because they do keep the server alive and running. In the end this would cut a lil bit of the grinding that people go thorugh, which cuts away some of the joy in the game, specially when you "need" it that much.

Other then that, maybe a slight increase in drops on the normal maps? not too much, but enough to make farming for gold on maps a bit more viable and less tedious. after 50 mobs you only get potions and map pieces, sometimes you get 2 or 3 drops in 10 mobs, but its very rare. All-in-all its an increase in certain drops to make things easier for players to progress faster and further. 

Even though this is classic EE, you dont need to copy it 100%, give it your own touch on things, like you did with golden weapon percentage increase, i have no problems with those. The good thing about private servers is that you can tweak things that, in the original you didnt find quite fun.

Aside from this:

A daily reward is always good :)! like you have in awaken. If i come up with good suggestions ill share them, but for now, this is what I have

Just going to summerise a bit since I've answered these questions many times.

1 hour ago, Annuia said:

I know theres been posts about this, but in my view making another post talking about drops is just a way tho show that many people share the same thought and its something everyone would enjoy.

That being said going straight to the point. Firstly i dunno the percentage of RNG for drops, but would be good if you could increase it, atleast for trophies in trials, we all know how trophies are sometimes hard to drop in trials, out of 5 trials, only one trophy dropping in about 15 bosses is really, really sad, its just demotivating, specially for people who are still building their gears, that trial trophy can make a huge difference in their build and moral, and lets be honest, inncreasing their drop rate won't create an unbalance in the game, most people who do trials, specially the most geared ones, go for the weapons, BP, pits and so on. So increasing the trophy drop rate is something that would be very nice! and could help alot of players.

As for golden gear, well, maybe a slight increase, just to be fair to other players who are aiming for those, specially the ones who pay, because they do keep the server alive and running. In the end this would cut a lil bit of the grinding that people go thorugh, which cuts away some of the joy in the game, specially when you "need" it that much.

Many people have advanced their weapons to 120% and many people have the weapons they where looking for. This proves that although the drop rates are a bit tought it doesn't mean they're unfair. What you need to remember is when the drop rates are high people get bored fast as they get all there weapons in a week maybe and extra week and then they're done and bored. I personally think they're fine and I don't think they should be changed. There is a reason people where asking me not to include class drops on this server.

1 hour ago, Annuia said:

Other then that, maybe a slight increase in drops on the normal maps? not too much, but enough to make farming for gold on maps a bit more viable and less tedious. after 50 mobs you only get potions and map pieces, sometimes you get 2 or 3 drops in 10 mobs, but its very rare. All-in-all its an increase in certain drops to make things easier for players to progress faster and further. 

It's already at +200%. We do not need any more than this as adding more gold to the game does not make it easier for players to progress. More gold = More gold for people to haggle with, the more likely people are to out bid other players there for raising the price of all player sold items like Gold Gear, Primes and Stones. Idk why people never seem to understand this. Obviously it helps a bit with achievements but it only helps so much as again more gold = more chance of Stardust, Essence, Heartflames and 129 Eternal Coin's will rise.

1 hour ago, Annuia said:

A daily reward is always good :)! like you have in awaken. If i come up with good suggestions ill share them, but for now, this is what I have

I have plans for this but I just haven't had the time to work on it yet. I have to work on Awaken server too and on my real life projects so althought I can allocate time to all 3 I cannot simply work on Eden Eternal Classic every week. Likely Daily Rewards may come with 65 Content. However, it may come earlier.

Thank you so much for the reply, and you made a very good point, to which I can perfectly undrestand, its true that if getting gold gets easier, prices of all sorts of items will also increase so people can make profit, I dont understand nothing about marketing and price scaling, inflation etc, but its common knowledge to atleast undrestand that. I just didnt think about it.

Would you consider the trophies in this case then? they don't impact the overall economy, since their not tradeable, and since theres much more to get from trials then trophies, people wont get bored even if they have all the trophies, since there are many other trial exclusive items for you to get.

And I can relate to your case when it comes to real life, work, projects etc, im on the same boat, I dont play much, have my own things, projects and other stuff to do, I just play for some fun. Thats also why I suggested something like this, to make things less grindy, but thats just the nature of this game i guess.

But your point is proven. As for the daily rewards thats great to know, and its always a nice addition, in any game actually, its like a bonus for us. 

One last question, Will there be community events in the future for this server? Like art contests and so on?

Thanks again for replying and best of luck and good work on all your projects!

35 minutes ago, Annuia said:

Thank you so much for the reply, and you made a very good point, to which I can perfectly undrestand, its true that if getting gold gets easier, prices of all sorts of items will also increase so people can make profit, I dont understand nothing about marketing and price scaling, inflation etc, but its common knowledge to atleast undrestand that. I just didnt think about it.

Would you consider the trophies in this case then? they don't impact the overall economy, since their not tradeable, and since theres much more to get from trials then trophies, people wont get bored even if they have all the trophies, since there are many other trial exclusive items for you to get.

And I can relate to your case when it comes to real life, work, projects etc, im on the same boat, I dont play much, have my own things, projects and other stuff to do, I just play for some fun. Thats also why I suggested something like this, to make things less grindy, but thats just the nature of this game i guess.

But your point is proven. As for the daily rewards thats great to know, and its always a nice addition, in any game actually, its like a bonus for us. 

One last question, Will there be community events in the future for this server? Like art contests and so on?

Thanks again for replying and best of luck and good work on all your projects!

Well the problem is, if we increase the Trophy Drop Rates it would have a negative impact on the other items Drop Rates even if they're unchanged with how the math behind it works.

We have had an event on the server already and it was mostly well recieved (But isn't that the story of my life haha). As for Art Contests and such we can definatly host something like that, it was just not something people where interested in on our Awaken Server so we just assumed people wouldn't really care here too as a majority of the community was also and is still part of our awaken's community. So if people want events such as art events then sure we can look into it for sure.

49 minutes ago, Annuia said:

I have a small idea of Events for our 2 servers that would take place on the forum. I have to think about it to prepare it. But I hope to be able to share it with you soon enough. :D

• Like 1

Thank you both for your answers :)

I undrestand then about trial drops, mm will think of some ideas for that, and also for events :) its awesome to know you guys are willing to do these type of events xD specially art ones too hehe, im an artist so it would be fun :)!

will be looking for more updates on the events then x)!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jordan said:

Not in the current state.

Its possible to add the system only to specific dungeon, right? 
And you wanted to add class medals to PVE.
How about adding:
On normal dungeon
x4 1 Eternal Point
x2 Class Token
If possible, create a "Safety Stone Fragment" and add x2, you need x10 to create a safety stone (I tried to consider a decenet ammount to make, but since Level 65 dungeons have a lot of bosses it can be x15 to make a stone or something like that)

On 1 player mode: 
x2 1 Eternal Point
x1 Class Token
x1 Safety Stone Fragment

Drop hate doesn't need to be 100% but should be high
This way people will have more motivation to farm even 1 player mode dungeons and will have more gold to buy stones instead of complaining all day about stones, and are also getting 1~2 safety stones per day if farming all dungeons from Highlands, Witchcraft Forest and Shiver Peak.

I know that adding more gold to the server usually results in inflation increasing. But I believe it shouldn't happen in this case because the gold is already there, you are only giving people who doesn't farm it a bit more of motivation to do. Since its not much gold, not enough to increase prices by increasing demand of x or y item and its not giving more money to rich people to inflate item prices.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tuti said:

Its possible to add the system only to specific dungeon, right? 
And you wanted to add class medals to PVE.
How about adding:
On normal dungeon
x4 1 Eternal Point
x2 Class Token
If possible, create a "Safety Stone Fragment" and add x2, you need x10 to create a safety stone (I tried to consider a decenet ammount to make, but since Level 65 dungeons have a lot of bosses it can be x15 to make a stone or something like that)

On 1 player mode: 
x2 1 Eternal Point
x1 Class Token
x1 Safety Stone Fragment

Drop hate doesn't need to be 100% but should be high
This way people will have more motivation to farm even 1 player mode dungeons and will have more gold to buy stones instead of complaining all day about stones, and are also getting 1~2 safety stones per day if farming all dungeons from Highlands, Witchcraft Forest and Shiver Peak.

I know that adding more gold to the server usually results in inflation increasing. But I believe it shouldn't happen in this case because the gold is already there, you are only giving people who doesn't farm it a bit more of motivation to do. Since its not much gold, not enough to increase prices by increasing demand of x or y item and its not giving more money to rich people to inflate item prices.

X2

5 hours ago, Tuti said:

Nothing wrong with people adding gold via methods that already exist.

I also do not dislike your idea. I am a bit on the fence about Safety Stones but the rest isn't bad. I'd have to suggest not littering them around (so for example, each boss could have 2 class medals assigned to it and only 1 of each type per dungeon) and maybe making the 0/2 only x1 while the 0/10 can be x2.

I do like the concept though for sure.

Edit: You could also see maybe people making partys for 0/10's for class medal runs which could be nice to see.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Nothing wrong with people adding gold via methods that already exist.

I also do not dislike your idea. I am a bit on the fence about Safety Stones but the rest isn't bad. I'd have to suggest not littering them around (so for example, each boss could have 2 class medals assigned to it and only 1 of each type per dungeon) and maybe making the 0/2 only x1 while the 0/10 can be x2.

I do like the concept though for sure.

You mean on a dungeon we will only have Tank medals, then 1 boss wil drop Knight, other warrior and other Templar?
Its good too.

13 minutes ago, Tuti said:

You mean on a dungeon we will only have Tank medals, then 1 boss wil drop Knight, other warrior and other Templar?
Its good too.

I mean such as this (Now this has had no thought and is only to convery a point)

• Federal first boss will drop say Magician and Shaman.
  • Federal last boss will drop say Warrior and Samurai.

Then you could have Century where

• First boss will drop Templar and Cleric.
  • Second boss drop Blade Dancer and Hunter.

etc

2 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I mean such as this (Now this has had no thought and is only to convery a point)

• Federal first boss will drop say Magician and Shaman.
  • Federal last boss will drop say Warrior and Samurai.

Then you could have Century where

• First boss will drop Templar and Cleric.
  • Second boss drop Blade Dancer and Hunter.

etc

Yeah that's nice.
Gives the so desired class drop.
Gives a nice incentive to farm gold.
Gives a bit of help for those who are struggling to farm medals for sets.
If you can make it, please I bet community will love.

• Like 1