Sign in to follow this  
Tuti

Make GM Thy more active on forums to handle community suggestions.

Obvious suggestions. Jordan clearly isn't prepared to do that. With all respect to him, he just isn't. 
Only in classic forum, that isn't that old, we can find suggestions that he dealt with by being rude, saracstic or even saying stuff to people and closing the suggestion so we coudln't reply anymore.
That's not the way a GM should treat the community, that being said, I believe leaving it to the community manager is a way better option.
well, worst it can't be.
Thanks

PS: I don't mean in anyway to attack Jordan. He knows that I'm trying each time more to argue with him without any attacks or stuff like that. I just believe that this is the best option to the community.

Let's be real. Most of the suggestion only go south if(/after) Jordan doesn't accept them. The problem are the people that then proceed to get pissed and personal, just because their suggestion isn't accepted.

Heck i did many suggestions and literally 0 made it so far. Still i am here defending Jordan. Because people(you in your suggestion did it too) need to calm the shit down. Of course people want to convince the Staff that their suggestion is THE non+ultra solution for everything but pls. Instead of accepting a no and/or keeping it polite, people instead get angry and personal every single time.

TL;DR: yall really need to calm down. Accept a no and keep things polite. I can really understand Jordans position right now, especially TODAY with literal hundreds of lines of pure "shit" to read. 

Edit: i even think Jordan is way too polite still. Some threads that i think really need to be closed ASAP are still open and personal attacks/pure flame for the purpose of flaming should be banned tbh

Edited by SenorBernd
Added the edit:
  • Like 3

Problem isn't to accept or not a suggestion.
Problem is to ask people to do make points to defend their suggestion and then closing a post when they are doing it.
Problem is to be rude with people who are suggesting something because they don't know x or y subject.

I'm not saying no one flame or attack him, but that's normal when a member of staff is rude with members. So it would be better to everyone if we were dealing with someone prepared to deal with the community. That's the community manager, in this case: GM Thy.

• Thanks 1

I come across as rude because half the time you guys do not listen or disregard what I say and just turn it into a repeated back and fourth.

I'm not going to bother saying anything else on this subject as @SenorBernd said it best.

I only reply here because I thought people would appreciate getting the developers opinion or confirmation on things as lets face it. If Thy or a GS was in the position I'm in whats going to be different. "Hey Jordan, Someone suggested this?" Then when I refuse it's Thy or a GS getting raged at for just relaying my words back. I don't really want to put Thy in that position but if you want a more disconnected response sure.

Also for an FYI, I didn't lock your thread as stated on my last response " You may continue to make points if you like. However, I'll only respond if theres something that either needs attention or if some new arguement about it actually adds some weight to lower it side of things. "

Idk who actually locked it nore do I really care.

1 hour ago, SenorBernd said:

Heck i did many suggestions and literally 0 made it so far. Still i am here defending Jordan.

I really do appreciate it. I do still plan to open a percentage TW thing but I've just been a bit busy and obviously when I do spend time on forums it ends up being an essay writing class lol. I will likely try and push out this thread about this.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I only reply here because I thought people would appreciate getting the developers opinion or confirmation on things as lets face it.

I do agree that being able to talk with a developer might look line a nice thing and I know there are A LOT of members in the community who likes you.
But to me, that does change when we are arguing and the post is closed. If it was not you, remember that the community doesn't have a log to see who closed a post, and posts shouldn't be close unless its really needed to.
Also calling people dumb, as you did before more than once isn't the way a GM should treat people in forum. (Not saying that you said that to me, just to be clear.)
I'm not here to flame, it's a honest suggestion based what I saw in forums recently and BR reactions (not only BR think that its useless tu suggest something here) about forum posts or about the day I asked them to give a try to their suggestions on forum: Dealing with someone else would be probably better for suggestions, and I do believe no one will disrespect Thy if they suggestion isn't made if Thy doesn't disrespect anyone.
Thy only bad comments that I EVER heard about him is that "people don't know what he actually does in the staff", but as I said to you once, that doesn't mean that people don't like Thy, they only doesn't see what he does in the background.
But Thy sometimes even repliies about stuff he doesn't need to, like when asked about his stats on a build, if he had x or y legendary achievement or not. I believe people will give Thy the same respect that he give us.
Then I believe bringing him to forums to discuss the suggestions can be a good thing, as people might be more openned to discuss with him and also would give you more time to focus interaly on developing.

Well, I said what I had to say, obviously you guys from the staff who will decide who should do that job, but that's my opinion.
Thank you for the attention.

• Like 3

Just to be clear, most threads have been locked by myself today, some have been locked temporarily to calm some people down. They can be opened again if necessary. And I agree with @SenorBernd

2 hours ago, SenorBernd said:

Let's be real. Most of the suggestion only go south if(/after) Jordan doesn't accept them. The problem are the people that then proceed to get pissed and personal, just because their suggestion isn't accepted.

Heck i did many suggestions and literally 0 made it so far. Still i am here defending Jordan. Because people(you in your suggestion did it too) need to calm the shit down. Of course people want to convince the Staff that their suggestion is THE non+ultra solution for everything but pls. Instead of accepting a no and/or keeping it polite, people instead get angry and personal every single time.

TL;DR: yall really need to calm down. Accept a no and keep things polite. I can really understand Jordans position right now, especially TODAY with literal hundreds of lines of pure "shit" to read. 

Edit: i even think Jordan is way too polite still. Some threads that i think really need to be closed ASAP are still open and personal attacks/pure flame for the purpose of flaming should be banned tbh

senor if ppl would  respond to suggestions normally without insulting ppl and im talking rn about everyone the gs/gm included, then ppl would not start agruing or answering toxic back. If you get treated like shit, ofc ppl start being toxic :) . i agree there with tuti they just get back what they give us pretty much. 

• Thanks 1

I agre with the OP, maybe the suggestion is not possible or its not good in the current situation of the game, but you people should act like professionals and say your point and maybe say no, and thats all, you should not be rude or sarcastic (like are you joking?), people try to express their ideas, if someone attacks you dont answer. To interact with people and this case customers its necessary to follow this indications.

• Like 3