Suer Sparring Arena Bug

Roselia

Hello everyone
    There something i would like to discuss here with community and staff its possible to workout in one way or another. We recently noticed a spot in Suer named Sparring arena where we can Duel anyone from our faction without sending a request for duel. we also noticed that spot can be used as party mode Duel or Battle Royale where anyone can fight anyone as long as they are inside the arena. while testing out few stuff and classes buffs in the arena we found a few bugs or issues if they can be resolved in some manner or rule of Sparring arena could be applied to Agoge in some way.
The bug in suer sparring arena are:

1. Medic heals and buffs (single target and AoE) can be casted on red-name players in the arena along with ally.
  2. Red Name player can get the Pu defense and offense cocoon buff if inside.
  3. If you re-log inside the arena, you will need to wait for up-to 10 minutes before being able to use skill against other in arena. But sometimes re logging or re-entering arena doesn't work too
  4. Since the Medic class buffs and heals works on red-name and it easy to find their location if in fade mode i-e PU and SW.
  5. Clusters cannot be used in the arena

If these bugs/issues can be fixed in the area it will be helpful in conducting team mode dueling in sparring arena
or if the same rules of Sparring arena were applied to Agoge in some manner the party dueling cud be held there instead.

EDGE will be Hosting a PvP event within the faction as soon as the bugs are fixed

The problem is that any area where you can have a showdown with players on the same faction is that those aren't bugs but actually encoded in the game I believe. All buffs and heals happen the same for every player in the same faction, it's just the way the game works. There is away to reduce the chance of healing or buffing players in the same faction by having a full PT where heals are done for team members first, as long as team members are in range of the heal it reduces the chance of healing somebody outside the PT.  Though there's still that chance. The one thing that that the arena does allow is the use of Cyberskins. The true purpose of the Arena is to help players improve their pvp skills, not for competition with the faction. Else why have 2 separate factions in the first place if you're not going to compete against players of the other faction?

They've often had competitions where factions would create several teams and pvp within a specific location of the pvp map and fight 1 team of each faction fight at a time where the top team becomes winner. Doing this would solve all the above issues and you might have a good turn out if done at the right time.

• Like 1

• VGN GM

I can have a look into it, but I don't think I'll be able to fix much with it. It's using an old Dragona system to basically trick the game into allowing open pvp in that area. Since its not an SB original, I'm limited as to what I can actually change.

OK, Suer can be messy, if find yourself unable to do anything about it, create a mix faction Agoge duplicate with the same rules as in the Suer arena. Obviously with some tweaks and changes but i believe it's doable..

On 5/27/2020 at 5:52 AM, Cnf said:

OK, Suer can be messy, if find yourself unable to do anything about it, create a mix faction Agoge duplicate with the same rules as in the Suer arena. Obviously with some tweaks and changes but i believe it's doable..

The bloodsoul map has a few ideas floating around in the gs team. We are still figuring out the best way to incorporate it to the game besides Agoge.