Misty

Suggestion: Weapon Gem 95

Hello Jordan, I would like to give you a suggestion for level 95 weapons, having the posibility to disassemble them to transform them into a gem.

Example:

ee9g.bmp

• Like 1

Good idea ! it make some dps class like Paladin dps less gear dependent for example. 

Good suggestion i hope Jordan respond to your suggestion !

These effects break the balance of some of the classes which is one of the reasons some of these weapons are still used. So I'd rather avoid this otherwise future weapons would have to be made naturally weaker to compensate for these buffs.

8 minutes ago, Jordan said:

These effects break the balance of some of the classes

The game today is not balance BTW (PVP or PVE), but it sad 

Just now, Kwai said:

The game today is not balance BTW (PVP or PVE), but it sad 

I try my best to make it as balanced as it can possibly be. Adding +% damage to all classes on top of proc's from Awaken gears and such is a far cry arguement than just making a comment like this.

What you're basically saying is games imbalanced so screw it lets make it more imbalanced.

1 minute ago, Jordan said:

I try my best to make it as balanced as it can possibly be. Adding +% damage to all classes on top of proc's from Awaken gears and such is a far cry arguement than just making a comment like this.

What you're basically saying is games imbalanced so screw it lets make it more imbalanced.

I know and i'm very sorry if you take bad my commentary but i love this game,i want to have fun and you make a great job for sure. it a good idea for adding +% to all classe, for me it the core damage for most "Meta" class (berserker and executionner for example) and add for MDPS is a good idea and maybe a come back for him in PVE.

And i'm so sorry again for my message, is little immature to say that to you.

Just now, Kwai said:

I know and i'm very sorry if you take bad my commentary but i love this game,i want to have fun and you make a great job for sure. it a good idea for adding +% to all classe, for me it the core damage for most "Meta" class (berserker and executionner for example) and add for MDPS is a good idea and maybe a come back for him in PVE.

And i'm so sorry again for my message, is little immature to say that to you.

I've explained in the past why we deviated away from weapons such as this but I'll explain it incase anyone missed it.

In the short term these weapons make the class better, giving a class thats underperforming a weapon that gives Skill DMG can make a class which is not meta into the meta which isn't a bad thing. However, when you do such things you have the following 2 scenarios:

1. There has to be a class that said class has replaced, now people who main that replaced class are going to cry for buffs towards it either skills wise or weapon wise.
  2. This being the main point, you make the class too dependant on this weapon. So when you do release new weapons unless that weapon has the exact same effect as the previous one then simply people will not care for it or more often than not, complain that its not as good as the previous and they feel gimped by the patch.

So this means and this is what I've learned over the years, people are much more happy if I was to say give the skill more damage or give the skill +5 meters of range base and that way it doesn't become balanced around a single element of the game that changes twice a year.

11 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I've explained in the past why we deviated away from weapons such as this but I'll explain it incase anyone missed it.

In the short term these weapons make the class better, giving a class thats underperforming a weapon that gives Skill DMG can make a class which is not meta into the meta which isn't a bad thing. However, when you do such things you have the following 2 scenarios:

1. There has to be a class that said class has replaced, now people who main that replaced class are going to cry for buffs towards it either skills wise or weapon wise.
  2. This being the main point, you make the class too dependant on this weapon. So when you do release new weapons unless that weapon has the exact same effect as the previous one then simply people will not care for it or more often than not, complain that its not as good as the previous and they feel gimped by the patch.

So this means and this is what I've learned over the years, people are much more happy if I was to say give the skill more damage or give the skill +5 meters of range base and that way it doesn't become balanced around a single element of the game that changes twice a year.

I understand and it logic, thanks for the answer :)