Sign in to follow this  
Jordan

Classic Updates

eec_launch_logo_small.png

Introduction

Hey everyone, I would like to announce that we will be pushing forward with our content and releasing the much awaited content cap of level 65. I feel like enough time has passed for it to be reasonable to release this content. However, there is a couple of points that need to be address before we proceed with anymore content that will be explained in this thread.

Release Map

• June 18th 2020
    • We will be increasing the level cap to 65 and releasing the questing maps for this content (Witchcraft Forest, Gemsis Ridge and Shiver Peak).
    • We will be releasing the Ranger class and as per request we will be reverting its Meteor Shower to a place on the ground Area of Effect skill.
  • July 2nd 2020
    • We will be adding the level 65 Trials, including the Arena crafted sets and adding the 65 Weapons to the Roger boxes.
      • Note: The driver system will not be available at this time.
  • August 27th 2020
    • We will be adding the level 65 Awaken Weapons.

Now I just want to make something clear. There isn't going to be a complete dead zone between July 2nd and August 27th. However, this will be filled with suggestions, bug fixes, content that isn't planned at this current moment and Elysian Island (If we bring the driver system this will also be somewhere within this time frame).

Note: Dates are subject to change due to any changes with the maintenances or if any changes need to be made in regards to delays and such. These dates are targets only.

Discussion

There is something that needs to be said in regards to this server and its future and there is some big problems currently happening that is on you guys to sort out if you want this server to have a future. Here is some of the issues that need to be addressed:

Players who are hoarding stones and other equipment enhancing items for the next content without gearing for the current content.

So there seems to be a mindset that has appeared with this server where from the launch of 60 content a large group of players have had the above mentioned attitude of hoarding items until we release 65 cap and essencially only playing the game to gather items and not actually participating with the ongoing events like PvP and trials.

This attitude sucks for everyone as by doing this what is stopping you from being in an endless loop until the server runs out of content. There will always be future content and there will always be something coming in the next few months. Does this mean you cannot prepare? No you can prepare. However, you shouldn't really be preparing for something when you're not even geared in the current content. It's just ruining arena matches for people as there is people spamming it with +2 blue weapons being a burden to the team instead of helping the team making the players who do try and put time and/or money into being where they are feeling like they're wasting their time playing this game.

So what can I do about this attitude? Well theres nothing really I can do about it really other than explain the risks of doing this is that it damages the server overall. You're making the game overall less active with your behaviour and by the time the content comes and you are satisfied enough to fortifiy the gear you waited so long to be released the PvP could have died down and now you've just missed being able to participate while the PvP is at its peak activity. So all in all you're not only ruining it for others but you're also ruining it for yourselves.

Just to disclaimer, this is not something that I'm going to fault people who do it now that the cap announcement is released and its very soon. I'm talking about the 10-20% of the player base who have been doing this since 60 cap was released. However, if the same number of people pull this attitude towards awaken 65 weapons I will push their release back further so I will say this to the players who are actually playing the game now and putting time and effort into gearing now, hold your friends accountable for this attitude. Don't just sit by while they act like this and give them a good earful for it.

I also want to add that I'm not talking about players who are having bad luck or simply cannot afford to +10 their entire gear set. I'm talking about the players who are stockpiling 100's of stones and yet haven't +10'd any of their gears and have no intention to do so.

Players who burn through content and then complain that there is nothing to do and they want the next content to be released soon or they will stop playing entirely.

Now I'm fully aware there are players who will burn through content as fast as they can so they can be the top of the rankings or top of the kill board in TW. However, you then cannot come to me in tickets and in game and complain about running out of content and being bored as quite honestly you've done that to yourself. Now I understand people have had nothing to do since Covid-19 and that even though its been a blessing to this servers activity its also been a curse in which people have had more time to farm gold (Making the economy expensive) and more time to finish everything like achievements and class levels. Now I'm hoping with the eased lockdowns people have a bit less time to play all day and will slow down peoples progression but honestly speaking those players who are burning through it need to understand that I cannot simply patch the game weekly/bi-weekly with new content to do as I have both real life commitments and Awaken Server patch work to do (Which ideally needs 3x as much time as Classic patch work does as I have to make everything myself and not just release existing content).

Whats the solution to this? Well we need something thats somewhat repetative to do that can be added to the list of daily activities to do. One thing I came up with while discussing with another player about this issue was maybe having some sort of harder modes of the 0/10 dungeons or Trials that don't have EXP/CP/Drops/Gold but instead are time attacked based with a scoreboard ranking (Similar to the DOD dungeons from the Awaken Server). These dungeons can be made harder by adding HP and DMG to the bosses and then we can equally add a daily quest that gives a small reward encouraging people to complete it atleast once a day while also adding a ranking reward system that rewards the top parties with rewards on ranking reward day or even just weekly. This would add daily tasks for all players and something to work at for the top end players when they're already maxed out.

Another solution could be to add another TW like mode to week days which I mentioned on another topic. This could be based one TW participation making it worth trying in TW whether you're on a sure loss team or you simply cannot outcap the number 1 guild. This would encourage people to not give up and would hopefully make TW slightly more fun for everyone as there would be extra incentive for trying. This could also be an avenue to bring over Guild Arena from our Awaken Server as from what I'm told by the players who are currently playing Guild Arena (Since it's fixes) they've had nothing but good things to say about it. Again though this is just a thought and not something that has to happen.

I would like to hear other peoples thoughts on this matter so again this can be discussed in this thread on your thoughts.

Thank you for reading and please be civil on this topic. Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hello

Will there be an update on SSs? 

Aside from questions i want to contribute to the matter with my perspective. Im a F2P I try to play everynow and then, and simply just enjoy the game doing gold farming and trials with friends, im not heavily geared but do have a fully gemmed set, yellow +6 staff and the best trophies atm. So Im an average player in terms of dps. 

For me the biggest dificulty is the grinding, to get gold in order to do achievements and all of tjhat stuff. But as you once mentioned here in forums, I have no rush to complete them all, I just want to enjoy the game, for me the most stressfull thing about this game is being a burden in terms of DPS (Which is my main role) and not be able to do my job properly in order to help out, aside from that i pretty much dont care about other stuff since I know I dont have the time to dedicate to get best gears and be a Top PvPer, etc etc, not even have the interest to do that, I have more importnat things to do in my life then this game. This is just my relaxing time

Again this is all my perspective.

In a way I can understand why people save everything for new cap, Im starting to do the same, since I dont want to fall behind and take years to get new gear. If it becomes too grindy and time consuming for me ill just quit, theres more fun games out there. But since theres a large playerbase thats into PvP and those type of competitive content, that just speed rush everything and +10 everything (not literally ofc)  they will end up with best gears in no time and complete everything in the 1st week while for a player like me, probably a month or 2 is what ill need. In that sense theres nothing that can be done, i just play at my own pace and enjoy the game my way. So ill never have complaints about not having stuff to do in this game. 

I do think however that more events could make the server more dynamic. People will always complain about something. So the best thing is to come up with engaging activities. Something to look forward, aside from rankings

• Like 2

Hi,

Just a suggestion that I have in mind, to resolve the whole saving up stones for next patch. how about bring back the 75% stones, this way everyone can gear up and when next content arrives everyone can gear up again. I know there was a post somewhere that you said that stones wont be coming back except for ranking rewards and maybe events. but the thing is at this moment the 10% SS are sold for 750g when not on the altar and 600g when they are. people abuse that and only sell after the stones are gone. one month ago these same stones were sold for 500g but since all the rich people have +10 and 100 more in bank the prices keep getting higher and higher. The server is really feeling like Aeria 2.0. I love this game and came back after 10 years, but sometimes the frustration is upsetting when the prices keep getting higher and higher, specially for items that we need to gear up. I don't mind if customization like primes reach 10k each as long as I can have decent gear to be able to partake in the end game content, otherwise its not much fun after reaching level cap which takes 3 days. 

This is my opinion and I am sure a lot of players share this, hope there is something to be done. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Players who are hoarding stones and other equipment enhancing items for the next content without gearing for the current content.

So there seems to be a mindset that has appeared with this server where from the launch of 60 content a large group of players have had the above mentioned attitude of hoarding items until we release 65 cap and essencially only playing the game to gather items and not actually participating with the ongoing events like PvP and trials.

This attitude sucks for everyone as by doing this what is stopping you from being in an endless loop until the server runs out of content. There will always be future content and there will always be something coming in the next few months. Does this mean you cannot prepare? No you can prepare. However, you shouldn't really be preparing for something when you're not even geared in the current content. It's just ruining arena matches for people as there is people spamming it with +2 blue weapons being a burden to the team instead of helping the team making the players who do try and put time and/or money into being where they are feeling like they're wasting their time playing this game.

So what can I do about this attitude? Well theres nothing really I can do about it really other than explain the risks of doing this is that it damages the server overall. You're making the game overall less active with your behaviour and by the time the content comes and you are satisfied enough to fortifiy the gear you waited so long to be released the PvP could have died down and now you've just missed being able to participate while the PvP is at its peak activity. So all in all you're not only ruining it for others but you're also ruining it for yourselves.

Just to disclaimer, this is not something that I'm going to fault people who do it now that the cap announcement is released and its very soon. I'm talking about the 10-20% of the player base who have been doing this since 60 cap was released. However, if the same number of people pull this attitude towards awaken 65 weapons I will push their release back further so I will say this to the players who are actually playing the game now and putting time and effort into gearing now, hold your friends accountable for this attitude. Don't just sit by while they act like this and give them a good earful for it.

I also want to add that I'm not talking about players who are having bad luck or simply cannot afford to +10 their entire gear set. I'm talking about the players who are stockpiling 100's of stones and yet haven't +10'd any of their gears and have no intention to do so.

upgrade the SS's rate on alagas and there will be more people geard .. or up secu from altar to 50%, if it's not that expensive they don't have to wait like they do actually

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jordan said:

One thing I came up with while discussing with another player about this issue was maybe having some sort of harder modes of the 0/10 dungeons or Trials that don't have EXP/CP/Drops/Gold but instead are time attacked based with a scoreboard ranking (Similar to the DOD dungeons from the Awaken Server).

This sounds okay, IMO. I was thinking, since on Awaken we had daily rewards, perhaps the quest we complete thereafter could reward us with 30-50 HS so as to help with arena badges (for those who don't PVP) or some EP (10 perhaps?) for a small push on achievements.

Also, Jordan, about that TW mode. Would it be possible to make a free-for-all arena? If I recall correctly Grand Fantasia had something like this. Everyone can kill everyone, no parties. Just a thought, but I feel that'd be fun, too. 🙂

Hello
I Liked what you did there in regards of the dead zone we living now and the one we gonna live in that delay and i support you on that choice of pushing the content if people didnt play as normal as always because the overpricing that occuring right now.

Thank you Jordan for adressing this issue.

I believe one of the reasons people were not committed to upgrade their gear was lack of clarity when future upgrades would actually happen. Why fort your stuff if the next patch might happen next week or in 2 weeks. Now that we can see your planned release dates that will help people be more aware for how long their upgraded gear is relevant and plan accordingly.

Also there will always be people hoarding, but it is up to you to decide the rate and quality of stones on altars. The less it would cost to fort the more there would be people with max forts. Sure it is a fine balance to make it so that it would not be too easy, but I assume the game sages are there to actually monitor and let you know if the economy needs stone prices to drop so casuals could also fort their gear. I personally don't think sublimes should be added to altar, but maybe the ultramarine halcys from rankings could be changed to sublimes instead.

• Like 4

I think is a good idea of how release the content.

The issue of weapons needs to be thought out carefully, there will be a lot of people who will not improve the weapons in cap 65, because they know that the awakened ones reset everything and there are few that have stored stone or gold at the moment to put the normal and awekened version +10

About TW, there are some guilds that don't want play if they have a small chance (but a chance) of victory. This is not ur problem but a problem with this ppl. Now, the time of TW will need a change in nearly future, for us brazillian players with the end of quarentine the participation on tw will be gone. The TW now are 5pm (BRT) for us, most of workday end on 5-6PM here, so until we leave of our jobs and go home, we will lost TW and with no chance of winning, why try playing right? I know we are not a majority, but many Brazilians play tw every day at the moment and I guarantee that it will be a big loss if the schedule remains.

• Like 1

XDD rlly?

the server dies due to your decisions p2w

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Happy to see the new cap coming soon and I'm really excited for the future new features.

Something I'd like to have a discussion on is removal of 120% weapons in the upcoming cap. I feel that this system was implemented too early, and now we are all running around with basically level 65 grade weapons while remaining with only level 60 HP/stats. And this is coming from someone who understands resist, not some rando whiner who's constantly dying. I think that skipping 120% weapons for this cap would be a good thing and start to cycle out the overpowered damage that we all have now. And for the people from the first discussion thread talking about build "originality" in the first thread regarding percentages, this past cap should show there's none of that. So don't start with me! Aht aht! ^___^ ❤️ When 70 cap arrives we could start the conversation on if it should be added again, as 70 weapons could then be seen as an upgrade from awakened unlike how they were treated in the original server.

To address the stone problem in the future (if there even is a problem going forward), maybe there could be a stone wipe system like on original Aeria to stimulate the economy and stop hoarding. I would not recommend putting this in July though for the oncoming ragequits. Like maybe August depending on what's happening with them. Just saying that is always an option.

2 hours ago, Farelia said:

Will we get the 70 resistance cap with the lvl 65 cap?

70 resistance cap came at 75, so I don't think this is likely.

• Like 3

Im grateful that you defined a schedule for this so thank you for that. I think the uncertainty of when next cap would come was one of the reasons that caused this hoarding mindset (not the only one though).

Now, is there anything that could be done in regards of pre awakening weapons going to waste after awaken ones come out? I have taken a lot of time to gear up since achievements and other things are needed and to be honest as soon as I saw awaken weapons in your schedule a "hoarding" thought started to pop up: "do I bother +10ing a pre awaken or i just wait for awaken?", Im sure im not the only one thinking that.

I would gladly push for +10 pre awaken if that meant i wouldnt have to trash the weapon after awakens are out feeling like I have to redo everything, can anything be done to prevent that to happen? Like for example transform 1 pre awaken +10 into 1 sublime ultramarine and/or 1 sublime coral so we have an easier time when awakens are out plus making us feel like we didnt just waste all that gold and time? I believe if we could do this it would push for more people gearing up pre awakens (at least people like me, rich ones will do anyway right?).

Also I will echo some comments regarding TW times, where do most people playing the server come from? Is the schedule suited for those people? Right now I can play TW because of quarantine but when the situation gets normal it will be hard to come since TW happens in working hours here (4 pm) and Ive seen that TW times are bad for quite a chunk of active pvp people that Ive seen, so considering that I would like to ask if the pvp schedule is suited for the active playerbase.

• Like 2

All the reason, what good is it to upload something +10 if in the end it will go to the trash,
 it takes you 1 month if you have little time.
Let's be realistic, doing trial is a total disgust, no drop, just bps to make a team-weapon, 
and it is lousy and boring, chapter 60 is really 
boring, wars only last 30 minutes and the rest is simple, a game that you have to collect and 
save for a weapon that will go to waste with the next update, it's not even worth playing

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Shal said:

Now, is there anything that could be done in regards of pre awakening weapons going to waste after awaken ones come out? I have taken a lot of time to gear up since achievements and other things are needed and to be honest as soon as I saw awaken weapons in your schedule a "hoarding" thought started to pop up: "do I bother +10ing a pre awaken or i just wait for awaken?", Im sure im not the only one thinking that.

I would gladly push for +10 pre awaken if that meant i wouldnt have to trash the weapon after awakens are out feeling like I have to redo everything, can anything be done to prevent that to happen? Like for example transform 1 pre awaken +10 into 1 sublime ultramarine and/or 1 sublime coral so we have an easier time when awakens are out plus making us feel like we didnt just waste all that gold and time? I believe if we could do this it would push for more people gearing up pre awakens (at least people like me, rich ones will do anyway right?).

insanely good suggestion. I'm 100% certain that a system like that will make people actually use the pre-awa-weapons. 

+1

Edit: ofc only for the pre-awa-weapons, not for every weapon overall

3 hours ago, Jordan said:

We will be adding the level 65 Trials, including the Arena crafted sets and adding the 65 Weapons to the Roger boxes.

Arena crafted sets are already available. A lot of people already have enough medals to craft it and just haven't bought blueprints because no guild to craft.
If you say you are going to remove to readd later a lot of people will buy to make sure they can have the golden set as soon as any guild is level 7.
After all, no one want to farm medals to +6/+8 a orange set knowing that golden set will be achievable in 2 weeks.

3 hours ago, Jordan said:
  • July 2nd 2020
  • August 27th 2020
    • We will be adding the level 65 Awaken Weapons.

I can't see any positivie side in taking almost 2 monhts from trial release to awaken weapons release.
As you said yourself there are already people with stocks of stones ready for lv 65 awaken weapons and also people who doesn't want to play for gears before awaken.
Sadly, you can ask for people not stock stones or to play for every cap gear for the sake of the server, but we know people wont listen.
People have stocked a lot of stones because they have the intention to +10 multiple weapons, and they wont waste it in pre awaken weapons simply because 5%/7%/10% stones fails a lot and I don't know if I will need 200 or 400 stones to +10 4~5 weapons (And even 200 is already a lot of $ invested)
And then there are people who can't buy VGN, have to to farm, farm, farm and farm to see their stones failing to upgrade their items, those people see people with +10 weapons and +10 set reseted and they feel like they wont be able to acomplish it no matter how much they farm, that's why they call the game "pay2win".
So with that schedule, they have time to farm farm farm farm farm farm and buy lots of resets and stones so by the time awakens are released, they can be in the same "level" as those who spend money in the game.

That's not a problem, that is players dealing with their limittations: I don't have gold to match them in every cap, i will stack gold and match them when it matters the most.

There is no easy solution to that, but I think that schedule makes it a bit worst.
You could try to fix it by reseting CCM or something like that, but that would only make people who are already going back to work to simply quit the game and hate you forever.

So I'd suggest for you to start to looking for something really crazy and no classic at all to fix those problems.
Something like, making a different set of stones that is easier to obtain and farmable outside altar that only works on Orange set and Pre Awaken weapon or something like that.
So people will have a reason to farm and play before Awaken Weapons are released.

Making resets cheaper or adding a way to farm specific resets.
Updating 10% stones to 20% stones.

Because people who are saving stones and/or gold for cap 65 isn't wrong, they just know their limitations and what they need to do to have the gears they want +10
I think its up to "the game" to give enough incentive for that people to +10 and actually play gear before it.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Kibo said:

70 resistance cap came at 75, so I don't think this is likely.

well the weapon% system came with 75 cap too

Making resets cheaper or adding a way to farm specific resets.
Updating 10% stones to 20% stones. 

sounds really good this   but its not calssic, only when it combinees if you spend your time and $ (see 120%)

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Pluton said:

2 minutes ago, Araragudnai said:

Glad to see you read the post. Thank you for taking the time of reading what I said! Thank you sooooo much.

Now onto people actually worth my time.

2 hours ago, Annuia said:

Will there be an update on SSs?

2 hours ago, Norjomah said:

As mentioned in previous posts this is all designed for a healthy market. If we made Eden Crystal's 10x more expensive like they where on Aeria and had lower rates on our altar like theirs we could easily release 75% or 100% stones all day. However, the problem we have is our scaling its 10x worse. What I try to convey everytime topics get taken over by Safety Stone's is the simple fact that Safety Stones should not be something you can simply get enough to max your gear within an hours work. I mean just look how vast and different the market is on both servers.

What you need to remember if gear is maxed in a day, whats the purpose of grinding gold? Once people finish their achievements and once people finish gear what is left to spend gold on? Right now our Awaken server has 1 major problem with it. If we don't add new stuff that hasn't been released then simply put it will not pay for its own bills. So in order for this server to succeed we had to make some changes to improve its longevity. Like for example if you want to change class you have regear, regearing costs money and even if you don't spend a single penny on this game someone else would have had to land on that stone and someone else must have had to provide that Eden Crystal which landed it. When the stones are not 100% or 75% and take a couple of stones to actually achieve the upgrade it means the demand for the item is a lot higher than it would be if you bought 1 stone and achieved the target fort. This makes stones more profitable for people who are rolling the Altar and using their Eden Crystal's (Whether they donated or they bought the Eden Crystals with gold) and it also gives people who need to forts things to spend gold on, therefore making a stronger market than just primes and Eden Crystals.

There maybe some ways in future to add such stones in more rarer and limit capacity but as of the moment I'm mostly happy with how stones are and how they are in the market. I'd also like to state that my comment was aimed at people who have no issues buying stones and forting gears. My comment was against people who are rich enough to fort and have plenty saved but because they don't like x cap they're refusing to fort their gear.

16 minutes ago, Tuti said:

Arena crafted sets are already available. A lot of people already have enough medals to craft it and just haven't bought blueprints because no guild to craft.

Can easily just disable the blueprint until the 65 Trials are released. This isn't a move to stunt peoples growth but there will be people who are aiming for the 65 trial sets who cannot get it because the trials are not released. Therefore they'd be stuck with 60 sets for 2 weeks while others are moving on to 65 golds. This is a move to ensure that no matter what path you're heading towards your all on the same ground and has nothing to do with orange sets.

19 minutes ago, Tuti said:

Did people fortify pre-awakens on mainserver? Yes.

Could they have waited for awakens simply by seeing them on FNO? Yes.

Do we want to spread out our content so that 65 cap lasts longer than 2 months? Yes.

If people want to forify a 65 Pre-Awaken then they simply can get atleast 2 months of use out of it. I can't really see a world where people would want to stop 2 months after Awakens are released and will be itching for new content I.E. 70 content. Now are people not going to fortify 65 Awakens because 70 content comes out? Then what are they going to wait a couple of months before fortifying because if 70 comes I'm pretty sure 75 will come too?

I mean if 2 months is too short then we can increase it longer. However, starting 65 cap off and basically saying right everyone instantly upgrade to awakens is not really inspiring any sort of longevity of the server now is it. People fortified pre-awakens on every other server.

52 minutes ago, Shal said:

Also I will echo some comments regarding TW times, where do most people playing the server come from? Is the schedule suited for those people? Right now I can play TW because of quarantine but when the situation gets normal it will be hard to come since TW happens in working hours here (4 pm) and Ive seen that TW times are bad for quite a chunk of active pvp people that Ive seen, so considering that I would like to ask if the pvp schedule is suited for the active playerbase.

I believe if you get use out of the weapon for a couple of months there should be no reason to not upgrade your weapon. Everyone is aware that something new to fortify will always be on the horizon, this is the case on every server past so I don't really feel like this needs changing. However, their is a good majority of paying and non paying players with multiple +10's. I'm talking about specific people who have 0 intention of playing this cap and just cry about "when's 65". If people are worried about it not being worth it then the simple solution is to make the gap larger so they get more use out of the weapon right?

Onto the schedule point, I'd love to make things better for everyone but people asked for it to be earlier now people ask for it to be later. I have no idea which timezone is more favoured. I mean maybe someone can make a poll or gather the guild leaders together to discuss timezones with each other to see what best suits guilds and best suits players who actually bother to go.

1 hour ago, Kibo said:

We cannot simply make the rules apply for 1 set of weapons and not the others which would kinda suck for people interested in doing 50-59 Arena when the queue up vs someone with a 120% weapon while they're stuck with 100%. I know the drivers exists but your asking a lot from someone to driver only using 100% when the arena is already of a lower tier.

Stone wipes kinda rub people the wrong way. However, it might be a necessary evil to somewhat force people to actually bother gearing up and could even bring the market price down once people have already geared themselves for the people who haven't geared to catch up. However, maybe a better alternative could be simply to make stones gated by level similar to Corona's and such so that something like this doesn't happen again. Again though, Awaken weapons will need to have some sort of special case where they have awakened stones or something as they share a level with their Pre-Awaken version.

However, again I'm not someone whos against hoarding per say but more the attitude of "I'm not going to bother with this cause xyz will come at some point. However, I'm still going to queue arena with my +2 weapon because gotta get them Honor Stars". However, there is only so many people doing it so people are putting far to much weight into this when in reality it's more against the arguement of people hassling me and the other staff about when something is coming because they're unable to play the game until it comes.

3 hours ago, Marek991 said:

Also there will always be people hoarding, but it is up to you to decide the rate and quality of stones on altars. The less it would cost to fort the more there would be people with max forts. Sure it is a fine balance to make it so that it would not be too easy, but I assume the game sages are there to actually monitor and let you know if the economy needs stone prices to drop so casuals could also fort their gear. I personally don't think sublimes should be added to altar, but maybe the ultramarine halcys from rankings could be changed to sublimes instead.

I monitor it myself by logging in every couple of days when time provides for it and watch the peer sales and check out the auction / booths to see how things are going. I usually also try to make atleast 1 altar a week very good for stones and 1 altar a week thats very good for crafting with the 3rd being misc depending on how things are looking.

3 hours ago, hinseo said:

This sounds okay, IMO. I was thinking, since on Awaken we had daily rewards, perhaps the quest we complete thereafter could reward us with 30-50 HS so as to help with arena badges (for those who don't PVP) or some EP (10 perhaps?) for a small push on achievements.

Also, Jordan, about that TW mode. Would it be possible to make a free-for-all arena? If I recall correctly Grand Fantasia had something like this. Everyone can kill everyone, no parties. Just a thought, but I feel that'd be fun, too. 🙂

Well we will be planning Elysian Island during the 65 content strech. This is somewhat of a free-for-all arena but also has parties. A free for all could be cool though but I could see some underlying problems such as healers having 0 agency and classes with self heals and damage being really overpowered. Maybe I could repurpose deserted island for this as that was a bit like this as it was a battle royal mode (before they where cool xD).

Glad to have a response with out the mention of Safety Stones for once. :D

• Like 1

This is being made a seporate reply to get a point across.

I appreicate the discussion but from this point on I'd like to move it away from Safety Stones are its starting to get boring that every post turns into a Safety Stone discussion for the same few people. Please discuss the upcoming content and the relation to possible upcoming content.

If you wanna talk about Safety Stones more please make a new post thank you.

I think it's a bit of a far stretch to assume the server is dying. We haven't lost a lot of players and due to covid settling in most countries it is to be expected that numbers will fall. We understand some of you want new content and we understand the clarity concern however, it was made clear to everyone that when a content patch including level cap was being prepared it would be announced so everyone knows, if there isn't an announcement then it's pretty clear a patch wasn't being worked on yet.

The biggest concerns I had with launching a Classic Server are present and that's fine, we took that risk and we'll deal with it. We've done our best to minimalize as much as we can but we cannot predict every outcome unfortunately and again we're working on solutions.

Your gaming experience is of yours only, if you choose to play the way you do that is up to you. To assume we are PaytoWin though is again a far stretch, everything in the game is attainable without the need of spending money, I should not need to explain the concept of PaytoWin but players these days throw it around when they're unhappy it seems like it gets things done when it really doesn't.

If you're playing an MMORPG and you do not want to play it properly, that is again of your concern. You cannot go and ask to play Soccer then refuse to kick the ball.... the same basis applies here. We do take on your suggestions but expecting us to make the game super easy so you can remind us you're bored whilst not playing the game properly because it "takes too long" isn't of our concern, it just means this game isn't for you.

We have every means to listen, we've acted on your concerns in the past and we will continue to do so. It's been made clear a patch is in the works, your clarity has been addressed and if you have further concerns offer solutions in the suggestions section or if it's related to this patch then here and not some small half hearted paragraph expecting the world.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jordan said:

This is being made a seporate reply to get a point across.

I appreicate the discussion but from this point on I'd like to move it away from Safety Stones are its starting to get boring that every post turns into a Safety Stone discussion for the same few people. Please discuss the upcoming content and the relation to possible upcoming content.

If you wanna talk about Safety Stones more please make a new post thank you.

Don't see it as a discussion about safety stone. But a discussion about "its worth putting effort in this gear if I'm going to change it to awaken later?"
Regarless if its Stones, Resets or whatever. Some people, for exemple, wont even put enchants on orange set if they know golden will be available in 2 weeks.

That's the main difference about this server and other servers, people want everything fast and they know it wont take long for x or y content, so they stop putting effort in previous gears to focus their effort on next gears.
That would be fine, if those people wasn't going to join PvPs and sometimes ruin other people fun. (I'd like to point that this isn't happening with me since I don't play much 3x3 and its not a major issue in 10x10)
Back when I played cap 50/55 in Brazil we used to see people with +10 gears on trials, with a class fully geared looking to gear other classes. This doesn't happen here as much as it did in BR server, because people want 1~2 geared classes to get play content for the next cap and they will only gear multiple classes when they reach that content.

As much as you are tired to talk or to see people talking about stones, Stones and resets are mostly to be the main reason of that issue.
People rather spend time slowly farming medals for 65 while losing with shit gear than putting their effort in the current gear they have.
That's not your fault, its people mentality, but they have all right to farm and hold their stones and resets and everything for the content they are looking to have more fun simply because eveyrthing is a bit expensive.

I want to gear: Templar, Martial, Ranger, Samurai and Mage.
Sadly, I started with mage +10ing my staff and +8 my whole set to then discover I'm bad at mage.
Well, guess what? I will keep playing mage even if I'm bad because I wont spend the stones I have to gear a Martial if I can keep playing mage and then gear a martial when I get awaken cestus and x2 club.
Am I wrong to do that? No. I just don't want to go into a endless farm to use the stones and resets I currently possess in this cap and have more for the next cap.

I'm taking me as a exemple, but players like me who already have at least one weapon +10 isn't even the ones we should look for.
But those who have their gears +3 or +6 and look at people with +10 just like "oh he does't have that because he is rich and is spending a lot of $ in server. I wont waste my effort on this cap. I will save everythign so on 65 I can match them"

So looking at those issues that people are crying so much about might help those people by even making some stones that are stocked return to the market.
Increases server activity, avoid those people complaining about "noob gears" on PVP, etc.

Well, I wont insist in this, but that's my opinion to why talking about stones is important rn.

• Like 1

I believe if you get use out of the weapon for a couple of months there should be no reason to not upgrade your weapon. Everyone is aware that something new to fortify will always be on the horizon, this is the case on every server past so I don't really feel like this needs changing. However, their is a good majority of paying and non paying players with multiple +10's. I'm talking about specific people who have 0 intention of playing this cap and just cry about "when's 65". If people are worried about it not being worth it then the simple solution is to make the gap larger so they get more use out of the weapon right?

Onto the schedule point, I'd love to make things better for everyone but people asked for it to be earlier now people ask for it to be later. I have no idea which timezone is more favoured. I mean maybe someone can make a poll or gather the guild leaders together to discuss timezones with each other to see what best suits guilds and best suits players who actually bother to go.

If I dont hoard for lv65 cap I wont be able to +10 the pre awaken wep fast enough, I will have to farm and buy overpriced stones (since price will raise ofc), how long will that take me? 1+ month if i cant buy a lot of ap, get extremely lucky or go no life mode? at which point the awaken weps will be 1 month ahead or so, then why even +10 the pre awaken weapon if i only will get about 1 month of use and then i have to throw it to the garbage and redo it all over again?

I believe awaken weapons should in no way come in 2 months after pre awakens, thats too early unless you are rich and/or a hoarder which you already complained about.

If awaken comes in 2 months then at least gives us a way to not feel like +10ing a pre awaken is a waste (I already posted a possible way in my previous post).

Im sorry I talked about this again but I had to answer to your post, someone should open a new post for this.

Regarding TWs schedules i think a poll would be nice indeed.

2 minutes ago, Shal said:

If awaken comes in 2 months then at least gives us a way to not feel like +10ing a pre awaken is a waste (I already posted a possible way in my previous post).

I think a solution to this might be the idea of transferring your + from 65 normal to 65 awaken of it's same equip slot and type.

Obviously this wouldn't be allowed 65 awaken -> 70 normal but the same concept can then be applied to 70 normal -> 70 awaken and so on.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Bash said:

I think a solution to this might be the idea of transferring your + from 65 normal to 65 awaken of it's same equip slot and type.

Obviously this wouldn't be allowed 65 awaken -> 70 normal but the same concept can then be applied to 70 and so on.

Thing is this would make it actually too easy and wouldnt help the market, the possible solution I posted offers you a good help for getting the +10 awaken after +10ing the pre awaken but doesnt give it free since you will still have to at least raise 1 lvl of +7/+8 and 1 of +9/+10 so you will still have to buy stones and such, keeping the economy going.

Also my problem here is about awakened versions since they are a same cap content upgrade of the weapons, this should'nt be done for the jump from lv65 to lv70 weps for example, just for awakens versions.

I would say in aeria server most people didnt know about FNO, a new cap wasnt even a thought and so u felt fine gearing up since you didnt think a new weapon would come out to screw your current one. This isnt the case here though, most people here come from other servers and know whats ahead, that already boosts the hoarding mentality since some people wonder when next stuff will come. Also cap increases in here have been very quick between one another, which increases the uncertainty and makes you hoard more since "the new one might be soon!" (?.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shal said:

Thing is this would make it actually too easy and wouldnt help the market, the possible solution I posted offers you a good help for getting the +10 awaken after +10ing the pre awaken but doesnt give it free since you will still have to at least raise 1 lvl of +7/+8 and 1 of +9/+10 so you will still have to buy stones and such, keeping the economy going.

Also my problem here is about awakened versions since they are a same cap content upgrade of the weapons, this should'nt be done for the jump from lv65 to lv70 weps for example, just for awakens versions.

I see your point yeah, then maybe this:

You can take an upgraded piece of equipment to an NPC, you can have this piece of equipment destroyed and you're returned Safety Stones between 50% of the upgrade to the upgrade value (i.e. If you have a +7 you will gain between 3 to 7). These Safety Stones cannot be traded and have a higher % success rate.

Some things to consider obviously, we all want solutions these are basic ideas.

Another idea is to just let's see how the 65 content goes, the Stones issue seems to only be a select few people. I've seen a lot of input about this subject and a lot of people don't really seem as bothered as it's being made out here.

• Like 2