Sign in to follow this  
Tuti

Cleric Holy Smite Bug

I've experienced a bug in 10x10 a few times today.
When casting Holy Stime with target of a dead enemy body, my character instead of casting where I placed the skill was walking toward enemy body.
I know that there is a bug related with lag that makes your character walk instead of cast as skill, I had that in TW playing Cleric and its completely different.
I'm not lagging, or anything, my character just walks towards the dead body unless I lose his target, than I can cast the holy smite where I placed it, instead of walking.

As usual, can you provide some sort of visual aide to explain the problem as it makes it easier for me to understand the issue.

11 hours ago, Jordan said:

As usual, can you provide some sort of visual aide to explain the problem as it makes it easier for me to understand the issue.

I will try to get a video playing 10x10 today and send it to you later.

• Thanks 1

I couldn't record, my recording software doesn't want to record EE for some reason.
But Heavenly Phoenix Sword costume, that is on altar, is causing the bug.
We were experiencing the Bug and Jake noticed that he was targetting people with same Weapon as he was on 3x3, we asked them to hide it and then bug was gone.

I'm aware of this and has been an issue for years. I've tried my best to fix it but the fix only seems to affect it when in combat. I am still looking for a solution but its not really something simple as its an issue with the engine and not the game.

So why do you guys release that broken weapon if it doesnt have a fix? when people die with that weapon u cant avoid getting dragged into that body its really annoying.

cant you remove it from game? Please do it

Just now, Shal said:

So why do you guys release that broken weapon if it doesnt have a fix? when people die with that weapon u can avoid getting dragged into that body its really annoying.

cant you remove it from game?

Because the only issue ever reported to me about it was a tabbing related issue that was semi fixed. People said you couldn't tab target people with it but I managed to fix it so you can but only when its released which its always released in combat so the issue is minimal. However, now this issue has been brought to my attention and no we cannot remove it I will have to figure out a fix as soon as I can.

5 hours ago, Jordan said:

I'm aware of this and has been an issue for years. I've tried my best to fix it but the fix only seems to affect it when in combat. I am still looking for a solution but its not really something simple as its an issue with the engine and not the game.

I would honestly suggest just removing it. I don't think that its a highly desired prime, it was just accessible because it was on altar. The bug managed to affect me and my teams in all 3v3, 10v10, and even territory wars. It really made healing hell. So giving something that buggy that much accessibility for everyone probably won't have a good outcome

edit:  I noticed when you preview it theres kind of like strands of a glow spiraling out. Maybe if you removed the glow effects from it it could work

FWFG8.png

2 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Because the only issue ever reported to me about it was a tabbing related issue that was semi fixed. People said you couldn't tab target people with it but I managed to fix it so you can but only when its released which its always released in combat so the issue is minimal. However, now this issue has been brought to my attention and no we cannot remove it I will have to figure out a fix as soon as I can.

Please, at least come online and say that people shouldn't use it on 10x10/3x3/TW and if caught abusing bug will be punished.

Could someone please provide a video of the issue so I can investigate it properly thank you as I personally can only reproduce the tab targeting issue.

4 minutes ago, Kibo said:

edit:  I noticed when you preview it theres kind of like strands of a glow spiraling out. Maybe if you removed the glow effects from it it could work

This is unrelated to the bug as it doesn't appear like that for everyone and is related to this issue:

Since it features a Glow Mask and for some odd reason a recent GPU update has started having issues compiling this mask. I am trying to discover if there is something I can do to fix this or atleast bandaide it but I need shader files from someone whos having these sort of issues to investigate it.

19 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Could someone please provide a video of the issue so I can investigate it properly thank you as I personally can only reproduce the tab targeting issue.

I fixed my screen recorder, I will be able to record today.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Tuti said:

I fixed my screen recorder, I will be able to record today.

Nice one, thanks I'll sort it asap once I can recreate it.

3 hours ago, Jordan said:

Nice one, thanks I'll sort it asap once I can recreate it.

I've recorded Literally every match in 10x10 and my skill didn't bugged even once.
Probably becase people who were using the weapon yesterday, was playing without it today.
I asked someone who was also playing and said he had the bug in his team to record and he will be posting here later.
Sorry I couldn't help more.

Im not sure if someone already sent a vid of it, i also couldnt record a clearly one too but you can check on this video 

At 3:35 you can see that Hajime and AiAistim both using the phoenix swords make the casting glitched and dont allow you to use it properly.

If its not possible to fix i would say its better to remove it too, isnt a expensive iten so wont affect a lot of ppl.

If you don't find a fix in a reasonable amount of time and that you're sure the weapon is the source of those troubles, could you maybe put an hidden recipe in the arcane box so people could trade their bugged weapons for something else just like you did with the broken coronas... Set a deadline for players to do it and delete every bugged weapons that are left on the server after that deadline. Or make is punishable as Tuti said.
So we don't have to play in those conditions while waiting for bugfix

Heal 10v10 the same thing happened to me, if the person who used the item died and is just my target makes me walk and does not allow me to heal, it is uncomfortable, I have to be pressing the escape key every time

Heres the bug in action: @Jordan

Basically if you try to aoe you get dragged into anyone that has that weapon while they are dead, effectively canceling your aoe and not letting you cast until the person dissapears. It cancels any aoe skill i think, even heal ones (?

Im not sure if it also redirects your aoe when you do are able to cast one, before i died u can see that my animation showed like i casted the aoe on the corpse and not where i wanted to use it on but im not sure of this since my effects are off.

BTW ESC canceling the target doesnt solve the issue iirc, it auto targets when u try to aoe again.

On 6/16/2020 at 5:58 PM, Shal said:

Heres the bug in action: @Jordan

Basically if you try to aoe you get dragged into anyone that has that weapon while they are dead, effectively canceling your aoe and not letting you cast until the person dissapears. It cancels any aoe skill i think, even heal ones (?

Im not sure if it also redirects your aoe when you do are able to cast one, before i died u can see that my animation showed like i casted the aoe on the corpse and not where i wanted to use it on but im not sure of this since my effects are off.

BTW ESC canceling the target doesnt solve the issue iirc, it auto targets when u try to aoe again.

U Stay locked to ur target until it revives, that happen very often now,happening the same on trial party, if ur party member die and u get locked just fix dying again or relogging.

@Jordan I would like to bring awareness about this issue once again since I've seen people still using this bugged weapon in pvp (TW).

Why is removing it from the game an issue? Seriously today 1 guy in TW (DrakonEZ) stood afk with this weapon in spawn for about 5 minutes while he was dead, causing every aoe we were trying to use to get canceled unless u went far away from spawn (which wasnt that easy because it was a spawn camp TW).

Are we supposed to report every single person using it or what? its really annoying and more if we consider that you can just remove it from the game and it wouldnt be a big deal since the price was like 400-500g.

Why do we need to wait until this thing gets super abused before taking care of it? Why reach that point? Are we waiting for people to start leaving dead alts (equipped with this thing) in xtals of gvg or what?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've asked people to screenshot this weapon being in Territory war because if you actually read patch notes you would notice that it should be disable in PvP maps.

So if someone can show me that its actually visible then I know I need to look into it, otherwise its another costume causing the same issue and instead that costume needs to be looked into. I'm yet to be able to recreate this issue and I have other responsibilities that require my attention for atleast the next 2 weeks, so if you have a screenshot of someone using this weapon in TW (Which should be easy to come by) then please pass it to me here or in tickets and then I can investigate why its not disabled when it should be. If not see what other costumes the person is wearing and then see if you can figure out which one is causing it. I myself don't get this issue at all so its hard for me to fix since how do I know the fix works?

50 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I've asked people to screenshot this weapon being in Territory war because if you actually read patch notes you would notice that it should be disable in PvP maps.

So if someone can show me that its actually visible then I know I need to look into it, otherwise its another costume causing the same issue and instead that costume needs to be looked into. I'm yet to be able to recreate this issue and I have other responsibilities that require my attention for atleast the next 2 weeks, so if you have a screenshot of someone using this weapon in TW (Which should be easy to come by) then please pass it to me here or in tickets and then I can investigate why its not disabled when it should be. If not see what other costumes the person is wearing and then see if you can figure out which one is causing it. I myself don't get this issue at all so its hard for me to fix since how do I know the fix works?

Alright I will take SS next time if I remember.

And yes I did read patch notes and so I thought it was fixed, however here we are. If its the same weapon then we already gave u ideas on how to fix it, will see which one it is.