Sign in to follow this  
naru

World Boss Indicatorboard

12 minutes ago, SenorBernd said:

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the general rule -> first hit = claim = right to kill it? I don't understand how after years of practicing this, this suddenly is unclear to people that play for years @Matt ?

@Shal well that's easy to answer i guess. If someone tags the mob first, he claims it. It shouldn't matter if he then waits a min for his people to arrive. You can just go to the other 4 channels and kill them there in the meantime? 

As i said correct me if i'm wrong but it seems crystal clear to me tbh.

I know the proper thing, I'm just asking what you thought it may be since you want to change things already, figured you may want to change how it works with that too! Just simply asking for clarification :)

13 minutes ago, Wooloo said:

So you'll have to start recording everytime you wanna do a WB in case someone comes to steal it ? That's fucked up.

I'd gladly do that if it helps getting rid of some dickbags :D 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SenorBernd said:

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the general rule -> first hit = claim = right to kill it? I don't understand how after years of practicing this, this suddenly is unclear to people that play for years @Matt ?

@Shal well that's easy to answer i guess. If someone tags the mob first, he claims it. It shouldn't matter if he then waits a min for his people to arrive. You can just go to the other 4 channels and kill them there in the meantime? 

As i said correct me if i'm wrong but it seems crystal clear to me tbh.

Alright so keep the 1st hit wins it, fair enough. With timer I imagine kequa and company are gonna be so fun with 40+ aoes on the spawn.

5 minutes ago, Shal said:

Alright so keep the 1st hit wins it, fair enough. With timer I imagine kequa and company are gonna be so fun with 40+ aoes on the spawn.

How to know who hit it first if theres 20+ people spamming AoEs and people do inconsistent damage and lose aggro immediately?
Sounds like they'd have to implement another system to let everyone know so nobody kses!

8 minutes ago, Shal said:

Alright so keep the 1st hit wins it, fair enough. With timer I imagine kequa and company are gonna be so fun with 40+ aoes on the spawn. I guess people with bad pcs wont be able to do bosses for a while :)

I mean, if people spam AOE nobody will know who claimed it so if it instantly dies the people spamming just help the one who actually claimed it. That's actually a plus, makes it easier for everyone :D If any1 wants to reset it's either gonna fail because the boss dies too quick or it's blatantly obvious and easy to report.

No clue what bad computers should have to do with it since you can still spam skills at a certain point even with laggs. Things like turning off animations and players exist. I'm playing on a complete potato too but eden is the last game that will ever lag tbh. 

I do understand your point tho.

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

How to know who hit it first if theres 20+ people spamming AoEs and people do inconsistent damage and lose aggro immediately?
Sounds like they'd have to implement another system to let everyone know so nobody kses!

You wont know until its dead! fun times ahead :) 

@SenorBernd A lot of people just DCs when theres too many players (see TW), but yeah u can hide all the effects and models at least.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shal said:

You wont know until its dead! fun times ahead :) 

@SenorBernd A lot of people just DCs when theres too many players (see TW), but yeah u can hide all the effects and models at least.

Now that you say it, you're right. I see many especially BR players that complain about their connection/DCs.

Thing is, maybe it'll be the total end of the world like people try to describe it here for a little while when everyones going for the new released world bosses/awa drops. I'm almost a 100% certain that for older World Bosses nothing like yall described it will ever happen.

So here, perfect solution: just keep the currently relevant bosses(Jordan already said this would be ver ylow priority so if at all, this would come like late-ish into 65 cap?) OUT of the tracker. Like in 65 cap just keep Bazuda and Oisadar out and make the tracker only list Gore Render and lesser WBs. 

3 minutes ago, SenorBernd said:

Now that you say it, you're right. I see many especially BR players that complain about their connection/DCs.

Thing is, maybe it'll be the total end of the world like people try to describe it here for a little while when everyones going for the new released world bosses/awa drops. I'm almost a 100% certain that for older World Bosses nothing like yall described it will ever happen.

So here, perfect solution: just keep the currently relevant bosses(Jordan already said this would be ver ylow priority so if at all, this would come like late-ish into 65 cap?) OUT of the tracker. Like in 65 cap just keep Bazuda and Oisadar out and make the tracker only list Gore Render and lesser WBs. 

Yeh I mostly see the issue for newer bosses, specially the ones that drop items from awakened quests.

Its not a good idea, as everyone else who disagree says its just removing the advantage of those who time the bosses so they can kill it repeadly till they get the trophy.
I've seen people programing bots on discord to alert 5 minutes before a World Boss is spawning (obviously you have to add the time it was killed manually.
I've seen people using alarm clock to farm, etc.
Because when we time a world boss and no one else have the time, they have to either waits for us to stop farming or to camp a channel till they get the time.
This is a important achievement, gives a nice HP boost specially for PVP, a freature to make it easier for people who doesn't timer is actually making harder for people who do, because now they will have to dispute with everyone else because they pressed M and saw when is the next spawn.

I agree 100% with making some stuff less grind and/or easier because most people who play this game aren't kids/teenager anymore and have work to do before the fun. But in this case, when its removing advantage from someone who are putting his effort to farm, i'm 100% against it.

13 hours ago, SenorBernd said:

Keeping it for old bosses sounds good jordan can add the bosses each level cap.

lv 65 cap only bosses until lv 60 are in the timer and lv 70 cap the lv 65 just will be added. Or is it a problem to see older bosses too?