Sign in to follow this  
naru

World Boss Indicatorboard

I would like to suggest a Indicatorboard for boss monster respawns so we dont have to guess when they will spawn next time after coming on from work or what ever. The indicator should just show

- Is the Boss alive on X map and server

-When is it gonna respawn time in hours/minutes

Maybe even the buffs so you know where you should not go (bloodypayback)

it would help to farm the worldbosses (less time consuming)

• Like 1

Not a bad idea, although it might make it harder to farm since people will be able to time it easier ?

Would love to see what others think as the only negative point to this would be the above point. I don't think I'd be able to do it cross channel though however as simply the game doesn't share that information with channels other than the relavant one.

3 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Not a bad idea, although it might make it harder to farm since people will be able to time it easier ?

Would love to see what others think as the only negative point to this would be the above point. I don't think I'd be able to do it cross channel though however as simply the game doesn't share that information with channels other than the relavant one.

they can time it better, farm it better and get the trophy faster which means others can farm later on easier after the no life peeps are done. Across channels would be cool if you could make it work some how if its not possible its fine too.

I think it's a great and helpful idea, especially for retarded people like me that chose to main a different race after they did all Acheevos on one char x)

Also a very good QoL change for us working people/people who have less time.

I just don't really get how it would function? Like have a menu point that shows the current status or a random world shout that says "Mandragora has respawned on this channel"? Maybe i'm too tired right now i can't get a picture into my head right now.

The only downside could be that people get emotional if there are multiple parties going there. Like if Party A and B go there and party A gets first hit, party B may be tempted to try troll/reset/whatever. Tho for that thankfully this server has a very strict no-go rule and i hope if stuff like that happens, people will indeed be punished hard. Let's be real people that do stuff like that should indeed have no right to play since they will do other bad shit in other aspects of the game too.

why do i write so much lol

TL;DR -> nice idea, maybe troll potential but i'm confident that reports/monitoring will deal good with the badboys

1 hour ago, SenorBernd said:

I think it's a great and helpful idea, especially for retarded people like me that chose to main a different race after they did all Acheevos on one char x)

Also a very good QoL change for us working people/people who have less time.

I just don't really get how it would function? Like have a menu point that shows the current status or a random world shout that says "Mandragora has respawned on this channel"? Maybe i'm too tired right now i can't get a picture into my head right now.

The only downside could be that people get emotional if there are multiple parties going there. Like if Party A and B go there and party A gets first hit, party B may be tempted to try troll/reset/whatever. Tho for that thankfully this server has a very strict no-go rule and i hope if stuff like that happens, people will indeed be punished hard. Let's be real people that do stuff like that should indeed have no right to play since they will do other bad shit in other aspects of the game too.

why do i write so much lol

TL;DR -> nice idea, maybe troll potential but i'm confident that reports/monitoring will deal good with the badboys

I presume by board it would be some sort of GUI box with the timers on it.

I would just put it in mini map or under the same window where you find Pod and recommend events.

A time for elite mob waves would be cool too

Camping times has always been apart of the game. I don't think its beneficial to those that are willing to put the effort in to timing boss spawns and farming them until they get their trophy or achievement. Why reward players for being lazy? The game is already easy enough as it is, put in a little bit of effort and this sort of change isn't even necessary. All it's going to do is promoting boss resetting and stealing bosses because everyone will know the respawn time and sit there and wait for it spamming AoEs.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

Camping times has always been apart of the game. I don't think its beneficial to those that are willing to put the effort in to timing boss spawns and farming them until they get their trophy or achievement. Why reward players for being lazy? The game is already easy enough as it is, put in a little bit of effort and this sort of change isn't even necessary. All it's going to do is promoting boss resetting and stealing bosses because everyone will know the respawn time and sit there and wait for it spamming AoEs.

That's easy to say if you're someone that's nolifing 24/7 ;)

Literally everything you said got counter-argumented in the posts before.

4 minutes ago, SenorBernd said:

That's easy to say if you're someone that's nolifing 24/7 ;)

Literally everything you said got counter-argumented in the posts before.

It's not necessarily about no-lifing. Everyone on this forum seems to want to be spoonfed to make everything easier whether its class drops, higher drop rates or things like this. Most of the suggestions are suggested by the same people too. You're suggesting something that shows a timer, if you really think about it the kill message already does it. Just take a note of the time and the channel and guess which one is going to come next (hint: most people either go up or down from the channel they were previously in). The game is easy enough as it is, making it too easy is a problem - there's a reason things are the way they are.

• Like 1

I dont believe we should lower the timing on world bosses or make it easier to farm, it always been one of the only ''hard'' or time effort achiev in the game that you can do, all the rest is just put $ and buy a lot of 129 ep and finish all in 1 day (Besides runes).

And as mentioned before having a smaller time with a huge amount of ppl farming wont be easy as you guys think it would.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

It's not necessarily about no-lifing. Everyone on this forum seems to want to be spoonfed to make everything easier whether its class drops, higher drop rates or things like this. Most of the suggestions are suggested by the same people too. You're suggesting something that shows a timer, if you really think about it the kill message already does it. Just take a note of the time and the channel and guess which one is going to come next (hint: most people either go up or down from the channel they were previously in). The game is easy enough as it is, making it too easy is a problem - there's a reason things are the way they are.

Complete bullshit. You say it yourself. People that want things like class drops, higher droprates etc are always the same. And each and every time they post it, they get counter-argumented. You seem unable to read or comprehend the posts of people since literally what OP said was that for example you come from work and it got killed 5 minutes ago. You'll be busy for the next 55 minutes checking if it's up. You need to learn a difference between "making things easy" and Quality of Life. If i were to take a wild guess you'd be one to cry about it first if Eternal Points shop got taken out. That's the same thing, a QoL update. 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, SenorBernd said:

Complete bullshit. You say it yourself. People that want things like class drops, higher droprates etc are always the same. And each and every time they post it, they get counter-argumented. You seem unable to read or comprehend the posts of people since literally what OP said was that for example you come from work and it got killed 5 minutes ago. You'll be busy for the next 55 minutes checking if it's up. You need to learn a difference between "making things easy" and Quality of Life. If i were to take a wild guess you'd be one to cry about it first if Eternal Points shop got taken out. That's the same thing, a QoL update. 

You seem a bit triggered over something so trivial.. maybe you should calm down and count to 10.

Imagine living in a world where you couldn't ask in peer chat, guild chat or whisper a buddy asking if they've seen the world boss kill recently. How hard would that be? Are you a hermit that does not interact with anyone in-game where you can't do that? Whether it's a quality of life change or not, it will make things "easier" to track. This is something that is bad for the game because it will promote mass gatherings at the boss waiting for it to respawn, making people AoE for the boss on spawn and resetting the boss. If you don't think that will happen you didn't play EE when it was first launched. This was happening even without timers. In games that have timers such as this (MapleStory 2 for example) bosses are consistently camped like this and mass KSed. Using other games that implemented things like this as evidence, it shows that it's a bad system and unhealthy for the game environment (since people are already easily so trigger-able and salty over the smallest things).

Also, side note - you mention that monitoring and reports could be easily used to combat these malicious things, which already provides much more of a workload for the already small GM team. Every single day they'll receive dumb reports of people stealing world bosses, or what they think is "stolen" from them. I can already see the countless reports occurring from people that didn't first hit the boss and saying "X stole my boss from me."  

Reading and comprehending things and choosing to ignore moot points is also different, just because I choose to not respond to certain points does not mean I cannot comprehend them, you simpleton. 

• Like 4

Ok so you actively go and don't respond to the main point of the suggestion(because you're not a "simpleton" ofc) and instead go ahead and complain about things that got talked about already. 

Further i think you need to differentiate between games that actually make a use out of world bosses instead of EE where you kill them until you get the trophy and ignore them for the rest of your life(except you wanna tryhard for hero ranking but that's another topic). I never played MS2 so no clue in what way you need the world bosses there but i honestly can't imagine they are as "useless" as here. 

About your point of asking in peer/guild/whatever: 1. People that farm it actively too wont ever tell you the exact time(if we think like you) 2. everytime i see someone asking i see things like "could have died at X" or "maybe but not sure". Ofc nobody remembers the time because nobody cares except the people farming it.

Off-Topic: btw you need to learn the difference between being triggered and holding a discussion. Just throwing "haha lol you're so triggered" provocations proof how singleminded you are :) 

Timers for world bosses would be a good idea on games where WBs actually have a lot of HPs/Defense/DMG and require a lot of people to gather at the same place to work together and kill it.
But on EE, If everyone gets the timers, it's very likely that you won't be able to farm the WB on the 5 channels.
Also, I can only see it causing troubles. Y'all know this server is full of trolls , oscar winning drama queens, and BM players that are so rude that it makes you wonder if they got raised in the sewers with the ninja turtles to turn out like that.

So right now people are only against it because they're scared of trolls. Sad to see people have so little trust in each other and the report-system.

In the end it comes down to "you won't know if it works if you don't try it". Then again it'd be a time effort to program/design such things and even more time to deal with potential report tickets in the future resulting in less other content i guess. So i can understand if it's not happening even tho i still think the reason is very bad.

What kind of fuckery in this ? 

If you can't time hourly based WB you have nothing to do in a MMORPG

MMORPGs require time, it's fact, and it wont change 

If you can't afford it, it's time to change and play some more casual games 

With love ❤️.

Idk just playing devils advocate on both points.

There is an important point made in which when content is released, there is a certain advantage to timing bosses to get your achievements the fastest. You cannot argue against this as simply put why should people who don't want to time a world boss still be able to see its spawn timer against people who are willing to put in the effort of doing so.

That being said later into a level cap when all the try harding players have completed their achievements it can become a bit more of a pain than before as you don't know when bosses will spawn, sometimes people will drive by kill it so now the channels are out of sync so honestly it does become a bit of a "well when the hell is it spawning".

I personally think its fine as it is but I'm also not someone who cares enough about this kinda detail that would mind if a timer was added or not. It's not a priority for sure so it wouldn't be added for a while as I'm always super busy and things like this would always be top of the list priority (https://forum.vendettagn.com/index.php?/topic/11084-cleric-holy-smite-bug/).

4 hours ago, Menthe said:

What kind of fuckery in this ? 

If you can't time hourly based WB you have nothing to do in a MMORPG

MMORPGs require time, it's fact, and it wont change 

If you can't afford it, it's time to change and play some more casual games 

With love ❤️.

@MentheYou would understand it, if you would have a reallife to take care of :) . Some players would appreciate it to know after they just came on when the boss they need is about to spawn. With love ❤️ btw honey 😘 

And at all others who think it could start making issuses to be able to see the boss spawn times. Well first of all if you already camp the boss then it should not be a problem for you to camp it with a timer too. No one said you should stop camping the boss just because jordan adds a timer. Stealing worldbosses is reportable so you can just report that and the person will get punished if you do it right. Asking in peer doesnt work because you allways get answers like "idk maybe in X min/h". Ppl who tryhard and play 24/7 will get the bosses anyways that timer would be cool for ppl which are NOT online the whole time. You guys did literally just one arguement against it and thats the "everyone can see the boss and try to steal it" arguement like wtf. 

The tryhards are just afraid of that they get eventually more struggle to get the trophies because more ppl would try to kill the boss monsters.

@Yukani

1.  None said lower the spawn time of the bosses.
  2. You still need alot of time and effort to get the trophies. I mean yea now you see when the boss is about to spawn but that doesnt mean you will get the boss and even if you get the boss you still cant be sure to get the trophy. More ppl who tryhard will hunt the boss monsters so if you dont have time you will probably longer or maybe abit less depends on how much time you invest in eden.

@Matt

8 hours ago, Matt said:

Everything you said here is reportable, if you dont want that then just report it. Resetting is reportable and stealing too. I wouldnt call that rewarding the lazy ppl if the ppl just dont have the time to hunt the bosses because theyre busy with other stuff youre i guess the one whos lazy because you dont want to fight for a boss with other tryhards :) otherwise you can hard camp them just like without the timer.  

@Yukani

And i cant believe you actually agree Matt calling others lazy while you at the same time agreed with

me many times in forum and even on other plattforms with my suggestions and opinions about the eden economy about the thing with weapon % system. Like gurl do you even have your own principles or opinions ? If you dont like players being lazy and agree with matt then you should also agree others who say "forting stuff +10 is easy and not time consuming" or are you to lazy to farm gold? Im seriously curious. 

@Jordan

4 hours ago, Jordan said:

Idk just playing devils advocate on both points.

There is an important point made in which when content is released, there is a certain advantage to timing bosses to get your achievements the fastest. You cannot argue against this as simply put why should people who don't want to time a world boss still be able to see its spawn timer against people who are willing to put in the effort of doing so.

That being said later into a level cap when all the try harding players have completed their achievements it can become a bit more of a pain than before as you don't know when bosses will spawn, sometimes people will drive by kill it so now the channels are out of sync so honestly it does become a bit of a "well when the hell is it spawning".

I personally think its fine as it is but I'm also not someone who cares enough about this kinda detail that would mind if a timer was added or not. It's not a priority for sure so it wouldn't be added for a while as I'm always super busy and things like this would always be top of the list priority (https://forum.vendettagn.com/index.php?/topic/11084-cleric-holy-smite-bug/).

Thanks for the answer if you are gonna release a system like this after your important stuff is done could you tell me? :) 

2 hours ago, naru said:

@Yukani

And i cant believe you actually agree Matt calling others lazy while you at the same time agreed with

me many times in forum and even on other plattforms with my suggestions and opinions about the eden economy about the thing with weapon % system. Like gurl do you even have your own principles or opinions ? If you dont like players being lazy and agree with matt then you should also agree others who say "forting stuff +10 is easy and not time consuming" or are you to lazy to farm gold? Im seriously curious. 

Its two different topics and opnions, im not agreeing with him calling others lazzy, but i do agree that the boss hunting/hp achiev should stay how it is now, the forting gears and +10 are a totally different topic since it requires $ when hp achiev just takes time and effort.

Im against this. Trophy achievements arent a necessity really and I agree with matt and yes i do believe it would result in people endlessly resetting/stealing the bosses (mostly the ones that will come with next caps). Matt brings a good point in that it could result in a ton of reports that would easily overwhelm the GM/GS team so why add the fuel for that.

Also see you when awaken quest items start to drop from wb bosses, we will have the usual problem of 1 person being afk in spawn and calling the boss when it shows up saying he/she was there waiting the whole time while other party complaining and saying that he cant solo it and will just "steal it" then GS/GM would need to see whos right. If you add a timer then GS/GM better be prepared cos its gonna be an endless influx of reports of that kind which will easily overwhelm them.

• Like 3

At least some people who really deserve will get banned then :) They just need to make the punishment for resetting WBs an instant permaban. People will think twice about stealing them then.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SenorBernd said:

At least some people who really deserve will get banned then :) They just need to make the punishment for resetting WBs an instant permaban. People will think twice about stealing them then.

Do you understand that a lot of the reports will be wrongly reported tho? A lot of people that thought were in the right but actually werent right. Jordan will have to go through them, and if theres a timer there will be way more of them.

Also in my example, who are you banning? the afk or the party? If permaban is the answer then rules need to be crystal clear with no chance of mistake.

What declares the boss yours anyways if you implement a timer like this? The person who was AFK there waiting for it to spawn or the person who hits it first tagging the boss upon it's respawn? 

15 minutes ago, Shal said:

Do you understand that a lot of the reports will be wrongly reported tho? A lot of people that thought were in the right but actually werent right. Jordan will have to go through them, and if theres a timer there will be way more of them.

Also in my example, who are you banning? the afk or the party? If permaban is the answer then rules need to be crystal clear with no chance of mistake.

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

What declares the boss yours anyways if you implement a timer like this? The person who was AFK there waiting for it to spawn or the person who hits it first tagging the boss upon it's respawn? 

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the general rule -> first hit = claim = right to kill it? I don't understand how after years of practicing this, this suddenly is unclear to people that play for years @Matt ?

@Shal well that's easy to answer i guess. If someone tags the mob first, he claims it. It shouldn't matter if he then waits a min for his people to arrive. You can just go to the other 4 channels and kill them there in the meantime? 

As i said correct me if i'm wrong but it seems crystal clear to me tbh.

So you'll have to start recording everytime you wanna do a WB in case someone comes to steal it ? That's fucked up.