Daddy's messages

GoddessSand

@Daddy Besides the fact that we keep seeing these and that many haven't been implemented into the game since they started appearing, but the latest one I think is a complete waste of time to put into the game.

First, are the gold values of each item, that needs to be dropped unless you are selling mass quantities of them at once. Nobody wants to pay 25g for a single bike booster nor 25g for a single bike snare, nobody is buying bike snares to begin with at 10g. So, unless you plan on selling bundles of all these items I wouldn't want them and will take my chances without them in game. If people want to sell their gold for this type of advantage, hey go right ahead, it's not like people need gold to buy other items like unique jewels or enhance gears let alone want to spend their gold on AP items in AH. But hey, if people have the gold and want to spend it this way then whatever, I know for myself they aren't worth the price in gold.

Second, the cost of RP to get them. Ya, you can keep them even if you lower the gold cost I'll again take my chances of not using them because I won't spend RP to get them. It already will take till 2022 for my character to reach max rank capping everyday, I could only imagine how long it would take somebody starting out to reach that high. But now you are asking to take even longer to reach max rank by saying here's something that will give you a small insignificant edge with the cost of your RP. Are you planning on increasing the daily RP limits too beyond 100k? If so, I do recommend that you increase RP on mobs because pvping anybody is a waste of time for RP unless of course they are on the side of attacking my characters over me attacking theirs. Last night I was pvping with Sudoku whose Rank level was so low that I could get more RP from a mob than from him while he was getting 100 times that from me. Granted he wasn't really winning much against me but still I have to kill him 10 times just to recover the loss of RP from being killed just once by him and would have to kill him over 30 times just to equal the amount he gains from me. So, keep your items and I'll keep my RP. It's complete waste of time if this gets implemented and I am sure LunaNyx will agree since I already know he doesn't want use his RP even for obtaining the Jack of Blade utility skill. So, maybe think about this before you do it.

I can see this going unused except by noobs that can't compete without them and those that don't care about their gold spending habits or care about ranking up. Right now I can tell there are players that don't want to rank up because it keeps them under the radar when entering a zone so you can't tell they are there unless you have them on the rival list. I'd like to see the lvl 55 major mechs require spirit walker ranks to use personally, but I also know that would piss off a lot of people who aren't that high enough ranked even though it would help ease the low to high rank RP discrepancy at end game.

• Like 1

These messages are a form of teaser that I started doing due to player feedback. I can adjust cost but ultimately this is a long-standing NPC the game has had in every zone. Buying things with rp are not for everyone as you said. Personally this npc saved me in previous caps when I had no other way of obtaining certain items due to how asb was. This is to help bring in some things that should have been added with this cap a long time ago. As you said reaching max tank also isn’t for everyone.

rp will not increase past 100k due to community feedback from a large amount of players even high ranks.  RP has always been a currency and will continue to be. 

major mech Requirement will not be increased due to the significant advantage many players will have over newer one and those who don’t want to cap. Many will remember when first major mechs were introduced it caused a big backlash because many were overpowered by a select few. 

as a high rank you are obtaining status, HP, and additional titles that many will never be able to reach while also facing the consequences of that rank. If anything we can revisit the awful loss in rp to make it more worthwhile  

this will be going live very soon and will be npc I am very open to tweaking which is why I stated it in the most current post. Many have requested steps to improve amara and this is one of the ones we will be taking. There are also items in this patch that will help boost pvp unrelated to this npc that I hope you will all enjoy 🥳

1 hour ago, Daddy said:

These messages are a form of teaser that I started doing due to player feedback. I can adjust cost but ultimately this is a long-standing NPC the game has had in every zone. Buying things with rp are not for everyone as you said. Personally this npc saved me in previous caps when I had no other way of obtaining certain items due to how asb was. This is to help bring in some things that should have been added with this cap a long time ago. As you said reaching max tank also isn’t for everyone.

rp will not increase past 100k due to community feedback from a large amount of players even high ranks.  RP has always been a currency and will continue to be. 

major mech Requirement will not be increased due to the significant advantage many players will have over newer one and those who don’t want to cap. Many will remember when first major mechs were introduced it caused a big backlash because many were overpowered by a select few. 

as a high rank you are obtaining status, HP, and additional titles that many will never be able to reach while also facing the consequences of that rank. If anything we can revisit the awful loss in rp to make it more worthwhile  

this will be going live very soon and will be npc I am very open to tweaking which is why I stated it in the most current post. Many have requested steps to improve amara and this is one of the ones we will be taking. There are also items in this patch that will help boost pvp unrelated to this npc that I hope you will all enjoy 🥳

Well, you don't really leave these posts of yours open for commenting and there isn't a thread to discuss these patch implementations being told to us. So, I created this thread to open discussion and dialogue on what is being planned. I have my reserves of this being useful and I do have a hard time knowing that this is really what the community is asking for since I haven't really seen anybody suggest this particular item in any thread. In my opinion going this route will meet the same use as the Davidson's additional items where I would like to know who really is buying the items from Davidson?

I've made suggestions to improve Amara, like making bosses in Amara worth pvping over. The miniboss hounds(whatever they are called now) should be reduced in difficulty because nobody is really touching them except for people who have a PU that can pve the game with ease as they run TT faster than any character can in hard mode while WH's and ME's have no shot in finishing that DG, which is very unbalanced. But what Amara needs is bosses(not mini bosses) to drop 2 types of items, unique jewels and items to improve pvp gears and increase PvE drops. With the drops that increase PvE drops then go into the DGs and make drops that increase a players ability to pvp so it encourages players to pve to improve pvp and encourages those that pve to pvp for improved pve. Do the same with hourly bg rewards and then players will find themselves wanting to have a better pve experience will need to pvp and if they want a better pvp experience they should pve. 

But let's go over the cost of those items and let me explain the insane cost of them. I'm going to ignore commenting on medals because I don't know how common they will be.

Top insane price - Cronos buff - 500G, 200,000RP, and 25 medals. Are you insane? that's 2 days of RP capping first of all. 500 G is pretty high as well. Nobody in their right mind would even consider this a good deal, I suggested putting this item as a drop for Smog to encourage players to farm it to improve their pvp. But sure why not make people pay for them instead if they will do this. 

Next insane price - bike boost/snare - 25 G, 200RP, and 1 medal. Are these items going to last longer than 10 seconds or you basically get a 1 time shot at catching a player from running on a bike if you really need to catch them before they get away to a safe location. They aren't useful in stopping a player in AK other than slowing down players from catching a runner with the flag because the flag runner can't use a bike. But why do people really have to pursue players that hard that they should spend 25G and 200RP for that 10 second window. Sounds a bit too desperate to me.

unique scanners - 1500G, 1500RP, and 5 medals. So instead of making them a common drop item in DGs or Amara bosses players now have to spend 1500G and 1500RP to get them? Why not again just add them to smog, DGs, hounds, or other Amara bosses?

nerve control agent - 3g, 250RP, and 5 medals for a 10 second move speed increase to still not catch certain players like the SE in mech let alone with how fast they already move around. I have these items and I don't use them because either the players are too fast that they are pointless or slow enough that they aren't needed.

CP pots - I can mention the price tag, but I'm doing just fine with the 800cp pots, but sure charge players who want to stay infinitely in their mech.

HP/SP pots - I've been tossing mine away because they are of no use when I either get stunned to death or I by some miracle am able to escape now that players can easily stun lock any SW in the game. Players can kill us without much effort because the MEs can give them the skill boost they need to compensate for any lack their character was supposed to have when facing off against a SW. But sure charge players for this. 

passcard pack - are you making these the passcards for TT, SS, DTO, and DMHM or regular passcards? These seem like a complete waste if they are the passcards required for lower DGs that are pointless for farming. Also, why not get people to enter BGs by making them a drop in them and not just a reward?

MM's - I ran out of MM's because I used them all as they were taking up space, but I guess they are needed now since TT is a death trap even in easy mode and good for preventing loss of exp. I never really had a use for them other than quick spawning so that I didn't have to travel all the way back into the fight. Now that I'm out, I don't really miss them other than the amount of exp I keep losing in TT and I stopped farming TT hard mode because it was made SW anti friendly while other characters don't have to worry about the eva/ch-eva debuffs at bosses. Though one can get these in other vending machines so why not allow them to be purchased at 60 cap, so for this is like a meh whatever. 

All other items - that's some desperation I think if players have to resort to buying these items over going and farming for them.

The messages above the last one I am excited for, it does seem fitting to use a waste can as the NPC for those items since the items are just as useful as the can itself with their given costs.

• Like 2

Oh yeah I am not trying to attack you on your feedback.

Chrono: I originally made that price way back when I started writing the patch. It is reflecting a day's worth of capping which used to be 200k. It is now 100k on test server. This is also an overwhelming buff and the price is to deter spamming of the item. Personally I would use this item even if i lose a day of capping cus I really dont care and I am not the only one who feels that way. It has been a debate to even put this item in game because it can be overpowering and we crossed off adding other buffs like this into the npc.

Bike Boost/Snare are rare drops are technically AP items. The cost was to offset the loss of ap, even if they are basically cheap, if anyone chooses to go for the free route. Gold is inflated in our cap and 25g is meaningless to a lot of players. The new cap of RP also makes it easier to purchase RP items.

Vivi has stated before we do not normally leak or provide info to patches for the reason of the Unique Scanners. They are being added to more areas of the loot table. You are only seeing one side from a screenshot of 1 page of items. I would at least wait and see when it goes through. Often testing drops is difficult live versus test because of the outside luck buffs from the larger numbers of players in Live but it is coming. Unique Scanners are coming in a pack not a solo.

Nerve control agent is a 10 minute buff. As a medic I would buy this as speed is often one of our greatest defensive stats. As a DE I would use this to get at my high priority targets who are trying to run away.

For many of these, the RP/gold were not always cheap in previous caps as it is an alternative to drops and buying from item mall directly.

HP/SP Crisis are also provided here as an additional space to receieve these low quanitity items at a cost. Not everyone does pve or have loot chip out. This provides an opportunity to purchase this item directly.

Passcard pack is a mixture of legendary/regular passcards. Similarly to unique scanners they are being looked at where to be added back into the game. 

MMs were in previous RP machines and will be kept.

There are other items in this npc and more will be added in the future. Davdison items are generally purchased by newer players who need an instant bike before spending ap or players who just want the cool bikes since they are essentially free. Personally I have like 4 of those bikes cus they are cool and used the npc to convert other bikes to the 180 movement speed. 

In Aeria I saw this npc for those who werent really rich in game, weren't really able to farm a lot, and didn't have AP. The vending machines were helpful to myself and many of my friends who were undergeared trying to move their way up and compete with much higher geared individuals. To those starting out and seeing higher ranks, RP is useless besides major mechs as the energy required to cap consistently for a high rank isnt worth it.

This patch is part of an extremely long extensive patch that we are unable to give to you all at once that is aimed at addressing all player issues. As Vivi has mentioned before we generally do not release info until we know it is set and leave some suprises. This patch first started with Mechanical Craft + TT + those other changes connecting with this patch and the next several patches. I am aware it is a long annoying process but this is a private server. We are in no way ignoring suggestions and have taken many into consideration and into testing. At this time skill imbalances are a bit on back burner as players have requested more significant patch work but we are trying to fix some issues in the coming patches.

• Like 1

So far so good.* We always had those items in the Game different Levels

Since changes also ME/ WH can complete TT. ( I tried self with both normal and hard. )

Mh Just why does the Uni Scanner cost more then the Crono Buff or the MM ? Both of them dont drop in the Game. Is it a Pack? Or just one ? :V 

and i feel to add the CP is kinda useless? since banana crafter gave them without RP 1k too  o.o :D

the nerve Control is cool Idea, they from Soccer but wasnt they only for 10seconds? And now 10 minutes? Or did you Type wrong :D 

if possible @DaddySkill resets NT & EXP BOOSTER ? :V 

Even as high Rank Player (Angel)  i buy items from them  i often need buy pet food when i dont Farm with medic 😂😂 Not everyone in the game is like that and care about the RP gain/lose. 

@Archangel I think the nerve control isn't just for 10seconds now that I think about it. They could be for 10minutes though I think they are around 2 min unless they increased the time on them. But still they should add them to drops.

Though the ME and WH can complete TT given that they have to have a pve skill tree and use skill resets to make a pvp skill tree, it still takes them far too long to finish this DG in comparison to other characters. Balance is in highly in favor of the PU for farming.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoddessSand said:

Though the ME and WH can complete TT given that they have to have a pve skill tree and use skill resets to make a pvp skill tree, it still takes them far too long to finish this DG in comparison to other characters. Balance is in highly in favor of the PU for farming.

As medic you will need pve build sure, just speakin for my medic i can finish a full run in 20 min. Since DoT got boosted. And Sometimes i feel my medic Kali the Bosses faster down then PU 😂😂  and yes for that you need a lot Skill resets but only If pvp Happen and you want Join. 

For WH U can Mix builds for both, only If you went full tank U need to reset and  WH takes longer then medic. 

The thing is what i already told after Patch came, so you really want to do it with ME, then do If you have an alt as DPS Go for that. Its just about the time you want to offer.  

Okay this isnt about that topic so lets go.back to it. 😂

8 hours ago, Archangel said:

So far so good.* We always had those items in the Game different Levels

Since changes also ME/ WH can complete TT. ( I tried self with both normal and hard. )

Mh Just why does the Uni Scanner cost more then the Crono Buff or the MM ? Both of them dont drop in the Game. Is it a Pack? Or just one ? :V 

and i feel to add the CP is kinda useless? since banana crafter gave them without RP 1k too  o.o :D

the nerve Control is cool Idea, they from Soccer but wasnt they only for 10seconds? And now 10 minutes? Or did you Type wrong :D 

if possible @DaddySkill resets NT & EXP BOOSTER ? :V 

Even as high Rank Player (Angel)  i buy items from them  i often need buy pet food when i dont Farm with medic 😂😂 Not everyone in the game is like that and care about the RP gain/lose. 

Mm was always kinda cheap. Chrono is having a high rp cost over gold because it is a bigger deterrent but if you think it should cost more gold I don’t mind lool. Uni scanner is a pack of scanners and higher gold cost due to then being tradeable and are worth gold in game as well. The cp is just there since it’s always been and gives an alternative to the banana craft. 

nerve control used to be 2 minutes but it was changed sometime to 10 minutes. Vivi is also working on re adding soccer pitch but we have some road bumps so not sure when we will get to it. 

I will have to check if I am allowed to put skill reset and exp boost in future but that is a great idea. 

Edited by Daddy