Sign in to follow this  
Alicia

State Of The Economy

So I've been playing for a week now, and I love what you guys have done, but I think there's a few key issues that need to be addressed.

The Hoarding

I think it goes without saying that hoarding is a problem. I joined in late and it's difficult to find anything from essences and stardust to even regular safety stones. Even with the gold to spare, demand far, far outweights supply and those buying aren't actually using the stuff they buy. This is I believe, for two key reasons:

- Low supply: This I believe was done to keep people from going full +10 from the get go, and I quite like seeing peeps walking around with +2s and +3s. It's a fresh change from the awaken server, but on the flip side, even if you have the desire to go into PVP, unless you've been playing from the start or cash in like a mobidick it just doesn't make financial sense to try and upgrade equipment right now.

- No penalty for hoarding: I've heard someone else suggest it, but bringing back SS expiration would probably get rid of this in a heartbeat. If you buy or roll a SS. Either use it or sell it to someone who will.

Proposed solution: Increase supply and compensate by allowing SS, essences and chisels to expire. Players will have no other option but to upgrade and gear up for the current meta. If you decide to do this, give fair warning though :)

Gap between AP buyers and free players

I've put a hefty amount of AP into the game already. I run my own company and every hour I don't spend working has a cost attached to it, but as things stand right now, I can't imagine how a free player could concievably get their achievements done in a reasonable amount of time.

It mainly comes as a side effect of the hoarding of essences and stardust, but for example it cost me somewhere along the lines of 60-70k to get just over half my stuff done without essences (due to lack of supply at the time). Essences themselves don't even lower the cost most of the time, and some times it's the other way around. The primary culprits are rings and necklaces, which have success rates as low as 36%.

This compounds with the lack of safety stone supply to make PVP a sport that is really expensive to get into. I think many of us here agree that not having achievements done cripples your ability to compete in any meaningful way sometimes even more than having a +3 weapon does.

Proposed solution: Bump the craft rates of rings and necklaces to be in line with weapons. This should drop the costs to about 2/3rds of what they are now.

Longevity

It seems people are complaining about lack of stuff to do. I don't feel that way, but one possible solution would be to introduce regular balance changes to spice things up a bit. Making it something fluid and transitory should also give Jordan free rein to experiment.

That's all I've got to say. Other than that, having a blast :)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Alicia said:

I appreciate the detailed feedback provided and the clean sense of structure to your post.

Hoarding

I think the hoarding situation for sure is an issue but I believe issue is more related to a community movement rather than something that can simply be solved by throwing stuff at the players in higher volumes.

• The issues with Corona's isn't really a hoarding issue although I don't doubt their is a bit of that going on right now but it's simply down to it being a brand new server and there is 100's of people doing achievements daily. You have the casuals doing their achievements for 1-65 (Well 1-60 but preping for the 65's). Then you have the try hards who are farming gold formulas for ranking rewards. I believe once 65 cap has rolled around and the initial burst is over there will be much more Corona's floating around, I'm sure of it.
  • I do agree in part with the stones but honestly the only alternative is just throwing them at players like the Awaken server. I know you proposed a system such as timed but I just don't think the game supports this for items such as stones. Since it only seems to work for items you have to bind (From my knowledge, I could be wrong). Another alternative to this could be a stone wipe like Aeria used to have. However, again I don't really think this solves anything but lowering the worth of Eden Crystals and forces our hand to start spamming custom stuff from the other X-Legend games so that the game can still continue to function.

I think generally speaking and I know people will take this the wrong way but they already did that on the Classic Updates post but the problem I see right now from having insight into a lot of guilds and how they function and how their members act. There is a small amount of players who have the mind set of "This is coming soon, nobody should fortify gear" and they had this mindset since the 60 cap was released over 2 months ago. Now I'm not saying everyone who follows this thought is bad as there is genuienely people who will take a month or two to prepare for the next content. However, I'm talking about the people with 100's of Stones who are just sitting on them and not even bothering to gear minimally for 60 cap and spend all day complaining in peer/ticket/staff pm's asking "65 when?".

Donation Gap

Now I agree in some aspects of this but I also disagree on some. Now as your point did I'd also like to second on that point where achievements and Corona's are more of a problem of everyones doing it and obviously the donators have the edge cause they have more money to throw about. The same thing tends to happen on the awaken server too when big patches come out, people who have hoarded the items or have lots of gold are always out-bidding the free players and this will not change even by throwing Corona's of the game. I do try to do nice Corona altars weekly which I've recieved good feedback about and I've also been trying to include the lower level ones lower on the altar to help people get those achievements done but it still will never solve the problem that people who dontate will always get first pickings on the in-game economy.

For the crafting changes you suggest I'm not sure if thats a good idea. The reason being is weapons where suppose to be the same chance as Rings and Necklaces as thats how they always where. However, since we took a clean update of Aeria's when we opened this server I forgot about this change where they made all low level weapon crafts 50% chance base. This is a change that is only good for servers playing catchup and not servers which are new and only have so much to do. Obviously I couldn't revert it once I realised this change was in the game but I hope you understand why their is a difference between the two.

Longevity

I think this is a natural problem with servers like this. The issue mainly stems from the fact that everyones a pro at the content already so there isn't much thought behind it. A lot of people know the best places to farm EXP/CP and gold. So those players can burn through content while others who are more casual or started late (Like yourself) are left in the dust cloud at their heels. There again isn't a lot that can be done about this. I do however, have some ideas to keep these speed runners at bay to fill in the gaps between 65 trials and 65 Awakens.

You sound like you know your stuff so I'm sure you understand the problems that come with a cosmetic only market in a game like this that ties into its longevity. But if maybe you have some other ideas that could make stones more available for the foalks that cannot/do not donate them I'd love to hear them. I do have something in mind but again it's not much.

(If someone mentions Alpaca Crystals again I really am going to cry)

Thanks for the long post Jordan. Let me see how much of it I can address here. If I omit it then it's because I have nothing to say about it. xD

Sad to hear about the wipes/expiration being unfeasible but that's totally understandable. I think on the topic of hoarding I don't have much left to add. I have to admit I'm one of those "no point in upgrading now" types, and I can tell you from my perspective it simply comes down to value per dollar. It's just not economical enough for me to gear up a class to +10 that will be meta for a couple of weeks, so I've been instead investing in achievements and fame, things that will carry over with me to 65.

I'm not hoarding either though.

Onto the gap between donators and free players. I have some thoughts, some that could potentially fix the issue. The first is that currently the baseline, bottom of the barrel resource for upgrading is not freely available, that's regular safety stones. They are only relevant to get equipment up to +6 so I think if it could be incorporated into loot tables it would make things significantly better. How about throwing it into boss tables to encourage people to run more trials and 0/10s? Hell, it would help bring people back to lower level content so newer players can catch up after the server moves on. They could be NT so they don't have an effect on the economy. Then on the altar, you could have lucky+ stuff instead, and tweak rates accordingly.

The alpaca coin suggestion was pretty funny. But those are too easy to get and I don't want to spend all day thrashing dyes just to get a few stones.

Onto longetivity: I'm taking some inspiration from destiny here, but here's some random thoughts:

- Have time-limited changes to loot drops on certain dungeons. Perhaps adding things like essences or alphas? Or whatever you think might be balanced.

- Introduce *hard* versions of dungeons with higher % drops, and perhaps some unique drops.

- More extreme balance changes with the condition that they are temporary. Like having a special bard week where vocal bomb becomes a triple hit. Stuff to make us shuffle around our gear andf think of new possibilities. Age of Empires 2 DE is constantly changing the balance of the game to bring a fresh feeling to it, and it's a 20+ year old game at this point.

• Like 2

The only thing I think that could help the hoarding issue is to make safely stones capped by level just as corona stardust/essence are, that way people would not be able to hoard for chap 70 hence making stones prices more accequible for new players. Also with stones cap I would be easier to help new player to get into the game by given them a way to farm low lv safely stones like for example giving viridians safely stones of lower lv wth alpaca coins (for example lv 55 on chap 65, lv 60 on chap 70 and so on) giving new players the oportunity to get a more or less decent gear to do current lv trials and do more on pvp.

The problem I see is that people who where not allowed to hoard stontes would just keep their gold and when a new chapter arrives the price of stones would be very high since those people who saved their gold will pay more to get those stones raising the price.

I like the idea of adding buffs/changes to certain classes every now and then in order to promote variety. Maybe this could be done in a monthly or bi monthly manner when content is starting to lack and I think it could help spicing things up if done properly.

Yup, and it would be a good testbed for permanent balance changes. So if a change is really popular it stays, if not it gets rolled back on the next balance change and such.

Idk, waking up one morning to read that a bunch of class changes are coming and suddenly Warlock is the new meta for a couple of weeks just sounds really exciting. I think EE's biggest problem with longevity is everyting is so static. XLegends rarely if ever made any balance changes when admittedly they should have done plenty.

• Like 1

People say they want class balancing up until the point of where their class that they play gets nerfed or made redundant by another class. In a game where you have pay with either money or time to gear a class it's one thing to theorize shifting the meta and another thing to actually change it.

This is before going into the details of the person who has to take the flack for a change people don't like and also the amount of work it is for me to change things to a degree where it becomes meta shifting. I just don't have the motivation to do such things on both servers as honestly speaking doing all 40 awaken classes 3 years ago has pretty much scared me. I don't mind doing QOL changes but generally I think the entire point of this server is to have the classes "as is" and not be changing them all the time as that experiance is granted on the Awaken server.

Again this doesn't mean I will never do any changes. However, it does mean doing things like constant class updates and tweaks is most likely not going to be happening here. I know as you mention would be nice to wake up and see Warlock is the new meta, but what about the Illusionists who geared a grimoire and are now forced to gear a staff or deal with the less than optimal weapon choice.

It is always better to keep the core gameplay the same and then tweak the surroundings of the game instead so that other classes become more useful.

• PvE Example: You make a boss that has high resistances to Ice or Fire but weak to Dark, Mages and Illusionists can now swap to Warlock to experiance another class.
  • PvP Example: You could make a new TW map or a new PvP mode and have an element in the map that fears people on a regular basis. Something like Belk or the Totem. Then Warrior and Warlock become S-Tier classes in regards to dealing with that element of the map that can maybe push itself over the edge of using an Illusionist.

These are just simple elements but they're much better ways of tackling such issuses without making the current set of classes useless. Like just remember this is something I always think about when balancing. What role in the party can this class take, what class would be taken away for this class and is the class its taking a way still able to be interchanged with it (Although people claim they would play a class simply cause of the class it is and not because its the strongest in it's role, often times this is false and an arguement that sounds good in theory but isn't so good in practice, especially in a world where PvP parties are built heavily based on class).

41 minutes ago, Jordan said:

People say they want class balancing up until the point of where their class that they play gets nerfed or made redundant by another class. In a game where you have pay with either money or time to gear a class it's one thing to theorize shifting the meta and another thing to actually change it.

This is before going into the details of the person who has to take the flack for a change people don't like and also the amount of work it is for me to change things to a degree where it becomes meta shifting. I just don't have the motivation to do such things on both servers as honestly speaking doing all 40 awaken classes 3 years ago has pretty much scared me. I don't mind doing QOL changes but generally I think the entire point of this server is to have the classes "as is" and not be changing them all the time as that experiance is granted on the Awaken server.

Again this doesn't mean I will never do any changes. However, it does mean doing things like constant class updates and tweaks is most likely not going to be happening here. I know as you mention would be nice to wake up and see Warlock is the new meta, but what about the Illusionists who geared a grimoire and are now forced to gear a staff or deal with the less than optimal weapon choice.

It is always better to keep the core gameplay the same and then tweak the surroundings of the game instead so that other classes become more useful.

• PvE Example: You make a boss that has high resistances to Ice or Fire but weak to Dark, Mages and Illusionists can now swap to Warlock to experiance another class.
  • PvP Example: You could make a new TW map or a new PvP mode and have an element in the map that fears people on a regular basis. Something like Belk or the Totem. Then Warrior and Warlock become S-Tier classes in regards to dealing with that element of the map that can maybe push itself over the edge of using an Illusionist.

These are just simple elements but they're much better ways of tackling such issuses without making the current set of classes useless. Like just remember this is something I always think about when balancing. What role in the party can this class take, what class would be taken away for this class and is the class its taking a way still able to be interchanged with it (Although people claim they would play a class simply cause of the class it is and not because its the strongest in it's role, often times this is false and an arguement that sounds good in theory but isn't so good in practice, especially in a world where PvP parties are built heavily based on class).

Classes are balanced no nerfing or buffing people complain cos they want to play just 1 class and dont want to gear  others, not my problem nor do i care, just one class wont let u be called heared and secondly gearing a whole branch of class is best tbh if u like orange classes gear all of them best so u wont be told that u suck or whatever. People should know to play all classes atleast if pdps all pdps classes mdps all mdps classes.

I think just some changes on the altars could change a lot of the economy, such as removing the lvl 50-55 essences or stardust and putting the lvl 60-65 ones on the blue tiers (Besides heartflames) also putting all the prime gathering tools on the blue tiers too, because for players that doesnt spend a lot of $ the best way to get a good amount of gold is by making alts and selling racials, selling runs is also good but you gotta have at least decent gears for.

And again i still believe on the next diamond altars we should have halcyon stones, i dont think it would make the lucky stones worthless or allow ppl that put a lot of ap to stack tons of those for months, because diamond altars are only like 2 times per year and diamonds are not so easy to land so i dont think it would be a problem.

EC 120g
Reset Scroll 1k
Coral Lucky Safety Stone 950g

Ultramarine Lucky Safety Stone 800g

U guys are fk idiots for let this price be "normal". Good job to all of u....

I think putting the Star DIamond Altar in so early was a huge mistake since that is what raised the EC prises to 100g+ from usually ~80g.

Of course people willl sell the items from Altar more expensive if ECs are more expensive BUT it's also the people that "have too much gold" that simply buy items so overpriced. See for example Roger Enchant cests II, they are bought by a few people for 800g ea right now which everybody knows is simply insane ~

You can't just pinpoint it to the Devs / Sellers / Buyers since it's a constant flow inbetween all of them being dumb sometimes tbh. sure Devs will try to do things that make people cash more / sure people always try to make the most gold off of selling stuff / sure there always are some people with enough gold that are desperate enough to buy stuff way overpriced.

I will stand with my point tho that the Star Diamond Altar pretty muich started things going "out of hand"

• Like 1

Yeah but then again everybody rushed trhough content, on day 3 of new cap there were already people with +10 gold gear. So in turn they start to cash in and sell more and higher. Its all playerbase fault, everybody treats this game like a business marketing place. Selling BP, auctioning outfits for 20k, etc etc. There will always be people trying to rip off more gold in any way they can. So its the players fault, its the community fault thats in the state it is right now, I agree with the diamond altar thing, it shot up the price of EC, but thats because people get greedy easilly and they want to make more profit out of something they know has some value, and look at the state of it now, Diamond altar is long gone yet EC price never dropped, in fact it raised with no apparenbt reason, it became the norm because people profit more, the cashers in this case, because as for the rest, poor fellows will have to grind like nuts, create alts, devise ways to get gold, EC right now isnt worth the risk, the profit you make out of ec is less then before, thats for sure.

Now the question is, why dont people drop the prices? If one drops the price, the others will follow and things will drop overall making it less expensive to get everything, so why does nobody do that, I wonder?

To be honest sometimes this doesnt feel like a game, its like a gambling, dealer type of application where people enjoy spending, selling, collecting and whatnot

23 minutes ago, Annuia said:

Now the question is, why dont people drop the prices? If one drops the price, the others will follow and things will drop overall making it less expensive to get everything, so why does nobody do that, I wonder?

Are you talking about ECs specific there? Because if someone sells them for 80g they are gone in 10 seconds and on the market again for 100g. This would work with things that are harder to obtain but i doubt EC prices will drop ever again. Even if they do a super shitty altar the cashers will simply not cash and wait for a new good altar to sell again. 

In the end we gotta admit that there are more chances to gain gold now(more 0/2 and 0/10, new armor chests etc) but - and here is the common problem that was always there - you need even more time now as a casual to grind it all out.

I do not agree with your point on not being able to roll altar for profit since i know multiple people that still do it pretty well. You just need time and patience(but that was always the case)

2 hours ago, SenorBernd said:

Are you talking about ECs specific there? Because if someone sells them for 80g they are gone in 10 seconds and on the market again for 100g. This would work with things that are harder to obtain but i doubt EC prices will drop ever again. Even if they do a super shitty altar the cashers will simply not cash and wait for a new good altar to sell again. 

In the end we gotta admit that there are more chances to gain gold now(more 0/2 and 0/10, new armor chests etc) but - and here is the common problem that was always there - you need even more time now as a casual to grind it all out.

I do not agree with your point on not being able to roll altar for profit since i know multiple people that still do it pretty well. You just need time and patience(but that was always the case)

Yes i meant EC in this case, but you gave a solid point about their prices.

And yes the grind has always been there now its even longer, still, some people figure out the best way to farm gold in less time, problem is since most things are more expensive now, you do have to grind more like you said. 

About rolling for profit, I mean for some players who dont have much EC, and only buy EC with gold instead of purchasing them with AP or something, it can be tricky to get good profit, as it will take even longer to recover the amount you spent, and since EC price raised some stuff that gave profit on altar are not really worth getting anymore like tools for instance, unless you raise the price of tools from 150 to 200, you wont get much out of them. even mounts are not worth it right now, unless and again, if you raise their price. But on another note it depends on which altar we spend EC, clearly not every altar is worth spending EC, some have better items in better rows then others, so its all about playing smart, but in my opinion, its not as easy to profit as it was before, specially for newer players

I don´t think that Star Diamond Altar has to be blame for this situation, of course it raise the EC price but it was the community who keeped this price long after Diamond Altar was gone. A toxic player base would find new ways to be toxic so even without Diamond altar we would still reach the same situation sooner or later . 

The EC prices should drop out a little after the Diamon Altar, but they are still rising up, which is funny because a few weeks ago when EC was 60-80g you could get corals on 700g but now with EC at 100g you get them at 900g which is a rise of 25-28% of both products which means that you still get more or less the same amount of stones now than before from cash and the prices continues to rise but at least for stones the ratio is still the same.  This situation heavely hurts F2P since they now have to spend 30% more time farming gold (still rising) to get the same items that they get before while cash player still gets the same thing with the same amoung of cash which is really discouraging for new players since they dont have good weapons to sell runs at century or gold saved to buy EC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just remember higher level monsters tend to drop more gold/silver and higher level drops sell for more gold/silver. So with every content update the amount of gold in the games economy will increase regardless.

This is likely why you've seen Eden Crystals rise with the Diamond Altar. They would have risen regardless of the Diamond Altar just over a longer amount of time due to the increased amount of gold being generated by the game (Not a very long time, just a longer amount of time).

So all in all it hurts free to play players less than you would think, although ofcourse any increase in prices will hurt them but just remember the above information.

• Haha 1

Question: Why do people hoard stones?
- Low success rate %.
- High cost and prices are still rising up, so if i dont need it now i cant risk selling it to make gold cause i will need it later and they can cost 150% of what im paying for this now. 
- At +8~+10, if fortification fails, the % amount that increases in your success rate barely makes difference and its not permanent.

Jordan, there's no way to implement a permanent progression system for fortification? 

Let's say that I'm a F2P and I farmed the whole day and bought 5 ULSS.  My weapon is +6 and i failed all stones. So all my work were throwed away cause the RNG god didnt look after me.

Basically the same logic were used to explain why driver system is needed, I guess?

Idk if its possible but would let people use them knowing that even if this fails, this wouldnt be thrown away. Two of the reasons why people hoard them would be fixed and you don't need to change stones %. 

BTW,  last week I tried to +10 my Ishtar set and failed 140 Coral Luck Safety Stones and got 2 pieces +10 only.
140 stones
x2 +10 pieces

I can't say I'm a f2p player and I may not to be the luckiest player but this shouldn't happen at all.

• Like 7

The price of Coral Lucky Safety Stone was from 700g to 850-900g in less then a week. A f2p with normal time spend in game do 2k-5k for day of farming (if he sells runs). So he can buy 4-5 stones a day and the chance of he fails all stones is extremaly high due to 10% chance is more like 1% (i failed 20 Corals and my club still +8).

I really tired of farm gold all day and throw away in less then 5 minutes later with this fk stones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sasori said:

BTW,  last week I tried to +10 my Ishtar set and failed 140 Coral Luck Safety Stones and got 2 pieces +10 only.
140 stones
x2 +10 pieces

Just do the maths of how much it costed in AP/VGN/USD to +10 2 parts of ur set.
At this point, that's no longer a matter of keeping server longivity or paying for the servers to be online.
With all respect, that's either unbelievable greed from staff or you guys just can't see what is happening with those stones.
It costs at least 30$ to +10 one piece that is already +8. I'm not even counting the stones to go +8 before. That's just EA level of greedy.

59 minutes ago, Tuti said:

Just do the maths of how much it costed in AP/VGN/USD to +10 2 parts of ur set.
At this point, that's no longer a matter of keeping server longivity or paying for the servers to be online.
With all respect, that's either unbelievable greed from staff or you guys just can't see what is happening with those stones.
It costs at least 30$ to +10 one piece that is already +8. I'm not even counting the stones to go +8 before. That's just EA level of greedy.

By the way, i'm not even talking about reset scrolls yet.

1.2k each? Really?
And that's not only community fault. That's because of it being ages off altar and also having a shit rate to land on.
That thing went from 200g after beeing in altar like 4~5 altars in a row, which was already expensive when you were looking for perfect forts (which eveyrone instead of just giving +6+8+10 reset keeps the same blablabla u dont need perfect forts) to 1200g each because it comes to altar once every 10 days. Now its expensive even to reset without looking for perfect forts, thank you.
VGN is pushing us a "I need to make it harder for server longevity" but honestly what is happening is:
Who ever has $ can +10 and reset his set in 2 days if he wants to spend a absurd amount of money for a private server
Who ever doesn't stay at +6 after days of farming, thank you.

A way to fix the fortification problem is increasing the buffer system of ultramarines and corals, in a way that when you fail 10 or more of them you can at least get a 40% + chance on the next forts it also would lower the price of sublimes and make it more acessible to more players.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jordan said:

Just remember higher level monsters tend to drop more gold/silver and higher level drops sell for more gold/silver. So with every content update the amount of gold in the games economy will increase regardless.

This is likely why you've seen Eden Crystals rise with the Diamond Altar. They would have risen regardless of the Diamond Altar just over a longer amount of time due to the increased amount of gold being generated by the game (Not a very long time, just a longer amount of time).

So all in all it hurts free to play players less than you would think, although ofcourse any increase in prices will hurt them but just remember the above information.

Higher lvl mobs does gives more gold per iten but doesnt mean it is more money per hour than highlands because their spawn places/mobs are not close enough to be worth camping them, i dont think there's any place outside dgs that gives more than Highlands still.

14 minutes ago, Yukani said:

A way to fix the fortification problem is increasing the buffer system of ultramarines and corals, in a way that when you fail 10 or more of them you can at least get a 40% + chance on the next forts it also would lower the price of sublimes and make it more acessible to more players.

I think this actually is a pretty good idea. Nearly all games have a "you fail so and so much you get it for free" system if you invest enough. So since 10 Lucky SS would make it 100% it would be fine to make it at least 40 or 50% chance from the 11. stone on. 

In the end it all comes down to the % increase system(and i dropping completely if you close the window) so i really think this should be adressed with higher priority.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Baraca said:

EC 120g
Reset Scroll 1k
Coral Lucky Safety Stone 950g

Ultramarine Lucky Safety Stone 800g

U guys are fk idiots for let this price be "normal". Good job to all of u....

These prices are high cause Pay4Convience players don't have any value on gold since its just a swipe away for them.  Prices in this game are determined by them and will always be cause no f2p player who rolls these things by chance on altar are going to say "Well I guess I'll just sell this for 500g when some rich Pay4Convience player will pay 1k"  Also all of these items are only obtainable by paying to play anyway (Unless you count warstone ec, please don't)  Obviously new cap came out and all Pay4Convience players were throwing money at gear to become the best for as long as it takes for others to catch up.  The prices won't come down because people saw others buying for those prices so they are assuming/Going to stay firm on them.  EE has been a casino since its release and will probably always be like that I guess.  Who ever is lucky/can throw the most $ at it will eventually come out ahead.

The suggestion about the % being rolled over has been talked about I believe and he said after you close the window the system forgets about it entirely. (Unless you mean making the % Increase higher, which would work still I'd hope.)  My suggestion instead would be just make ULSS/CLSS Arcaneable.  10stones=1halcyon.  Maybe less, Maybe more.  I personally failed ~80 stones on my staff to get it to +10.  60 of those stones were from 6 to 8.  

Edit: I do appreciate the minor but good changes as far as altar goes.  The Viridian and stardust(lvl 50) being on lower tier is good and with stardust at least has brought many on market and for much lower prices.  VSS however somehow have risen in price cause of insane community.  Though its probably more because of ec rising in price.  My suggestion for it is just make it x2 VSS so that in turn its more worth to land and take these.  If this doesn't work then yea players just insanely greedy for w/e reason.

• Like 2

Prices raise because there are people willing to pay those prices. I would say rich ap spenders/hoarders raise the price since they mostly buy in bulk without caring about the prices, they want their upgrades now and its understandable, however it hurts the f2p community since they set a high bar price wise.

I would say theres no real fix for this in the short term besides stone wiping/heavily increasing stones availability. You could potentially wait for rich people to get their stuff done and then buy when demands is lower however that might not even lower the prices much since rich people might start hoarding for next cap (?

I support the idea of SuperDork in which you could transform X amount of lucky stones into a halcyons, that could help avoid situations where u fail a ton of stones in a row. Deciding on which X to set would be tricky though.

Regardless of all this I do appreciate the higher availability of viridian SS even tho their prices havent dropped much.