Sign in to follow this  
Alicia

State Of The Economy

3 minutes ago, ted said:

As a F2P player who almost finished to get it +10 set (have 2 parts +8) I do have to say that even if having a 10+ set is pretty it is not a requirement for pvp just a 10 weapon and 6 set is enogh. On the las 2 weeks when I was still using my lv 60 +6 set and lv 60 bow I use to oneshot Ilus on arena quite easily and frequenly and among them they were many who already had 65 set +10 and weapons. 

The economy of the game is currenly at a bad shape but you are over exaggerating a lot of things which some of them don´t even have to do with the current problem, It just sound like you want X or Y thing and you are angry because you don´t have them yet. 

6 minutes ago, Kibo said:

I'm confused.. 65 cap is supposed to be very long including new custom content being added. This will be longer than both 55 and 60 cap. Why don't you think you can max armors? Not attacking, just asking. Also awakened weapons will be viable at 70 cap (just like they once were), so if anything at 70 cap you'd just be forting new awakened sets which will last you for all of 75 cap too. There's a lot of time to max things out.

I've the same answer for the two of you. Stop assuming that I find having one geared class for an entire content cap acceptable. That was never my assumption when I joined. Stop assuming I find any enjoyment in walking around on a +6 set. Stop assuming that this game was designed around playing one class like it's tera or something. The fun is in experimentation, builds, theory crafting, unconventional setups, etc. Maybe you find being semi-viable in pvp fun, I don't. The experience I wanted, if I were to just pay in cash right now, would be nearly $2000 USD to get + all the required grind.

I'm gonna go and take my lofty expectations elsewhere, like the countless games that respect my time and money.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Alicia said:

I've the same answer for the two of you. Stop assuming that I find having one geared class for an entire content cap acceptable. That was never my assumption when I joined. Stop assuming I find any enjoyment in walking around on a +6 set. Stop assuming that this game was designed around playing one class like it's tera or something. The fun is in experimentation, builds, theory crafting, unconventional setups, etc. Maybe you find being semi-viable in pvp fun, I don't. The experience I wanted, if I were to just pay in cash right now, would be nearly $2000 USD to get + all the required grind.

I'm gonna go and take my lofty expectations elsewhere, like the countless games that respect my time and money.

Also, it doesn't cost $2,000 to +10 full armor sets, maybe $500 tbh (know from personal experience).

bye dont let the door hit you on the way out. The entitlement some people have.. "MAKE IT MY WAY OR I WONT SPEND MY $50" 

712216048450928722.png?v=1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Alicia said:

You can literally +10 more than one set and gear more than one class quite easily which is why I'm asking why you're acting like this cap is such a small time-frame where you're incapable of doing more than one thing... especially if you're swiping. (which you said you were/would) Your response is weirdly aggressive for no reason :'D

On top of that a lot of +6 players are far more viable than people with +10s. Maybe you just lack skill in general? Oh and $2000 is an insane overestimate. But ok I'm out ^w^

19 minutes ago, Alicia said:

tbh im still unsure why you're complaining still when you said that you "QUIT"

11 hours ago, naru said:

just to get insulted by the devs

No one is insulting you, we are allowed to disagree with you.

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Also, it doesn't cost $2,000 to +10 full armor sets, maybe $500 tbh (know from personal experience).

bye dont let the door hit you on the way out. The entitlement some people have.. "MAKE IT MY WAY OR I WONT SPEND MY $50" 

712216048450928722.png?v=1

@Matt i think she/he was talking about more then one set + wep you big brain. I already needed 100$ for my lv 60 staff when ecs were at 85g ea and viridians at 400,ultramarine around 500 and corals around 600-700g ea. We are talking about the current situation if you want to play more than 1 class you have to pay way more than 500$.

2 hours ago, Bash said:

No one is insulting you, we are allowed to disagree with you.

@Bash i dont think you want me to search some nice quotes of you and jordan. Disagree is okey but being rude at the same time not, maybe you didnt do that in this thread but in some others. Tutti made even a whole thread about it, that the devs are insulting ppl weeks/months ago lmao. 

6 minutes ago, naru said:

@Matt i think she/he was talking about more then one set + wep you big brain. I already needed 100$ for my lv 60 staff when ecs were at 85g ea and viridians at 400,ultramarine around 500 and corals around 600-700g ea. We are talking about the current situation if you want to play more than 1 class you have to pay way more than 500$.

I literally just forted two sets to +10 this weekend for friends, it does not cost the amount of money that you guys claim even with bad luck (spent about $200ish). I have suspicion that you guys just misuse your money/items you buy with AP and that's why its so expensive for you to complete things.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I literally just forted two sets to +10 this weekend for friends, it does not cost the amount of money that you guys claim even with bad luck (spent about $200ish). I have suspicion that you guys just misuse your money/items you buy with AP and that's why its so expensive for you to complete things.

If you forted two whole sets to +10 with 200$ it wasnt bad lucky, in fact it was almost the best case possible if you do the maths of 200$ been around 200-210k and saying that you used 10 corals or ultramarines per piece wich would be the ''odds'' it would be around 175 just with corals and ultramarines, if you also count viridians you were really far from been with bad lucky there and im pretty sure most of the server wouldnt be able to +10 two sets with only 200$ .

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Matt said:

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Just gonna leave this here

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Might sound ridiculos but can I ask you guys why are you talking about irl costs to make something +10? I doubt that's the title of the thread. I'm pretty sure that you guys who pay irl money have already a huge advantage so please don't bring up the fact that 200$ aren't enough and bla bla, it's your choice, no one is forcing you to spend those money. We were talking about "in game" cost. Let me repeat for blind people, "IN GAME" wich means gold. Now I can easily make 10k per day as a f2p player and buy how many stones you want, that's not the problem. We were talking about how bad those +10% stones are and about people raising the prices for no reason. The first thing is a game issue, the second is a comunity issue. And believe in me is not related with people who buy things with irl money. As they were doing it at the start, they are doing the very same right now, so not much difference, they have their way more linear to their objective rather than a f2p player cause they aren't scared to use their stones.  Still this doesn't imply that the economy is getting screwd thanks to them.
I hate the fact that they have advantages but that's not the issue here. So stop talking about irl money and find a solution.
And no one is insulting anyone here, if you are talking no sense you are already insulting yourself, blame it on yourself.

2 minutes ago, AceFire said:

Might sound ridiculos but can I ask you guys why are you talking about irl costs to make something +10? I doubt that's the title of the thread. I'm pretty sure that you guys who pay irl money have already a huge advantage so please don't bring up the fact that 200$ aren't enough and bla bla, it's your choice, no one is forcing you to spend those money. We were talking about "in game" cost. Let me repeat for blind people, "IN GAME" wich means gold. Now I can easily make 10k per day as a f2p player and buy how many stones you want, that's not the problem. We were talking about how bad those +10% stones are and about people raising the prices for no reason. The first thing is a game issue, the second is a comunity issue. And believe in me is not related with people who buy things with irl money. As they were doing it at the start, they are doing the very same right now, so not much difference, they have their way more linear to their objective rather than a f2p player cause they aren't scared to use their stones.  Still this doesn't imply that the economy is getting screwd thanks to them.
I hate the fact that they have advantages but that's not the issue here. So stop talking about irl money and find a solution.
And no one is insulting anyone here, if you are talking no sense you are already insulting yourself, blame it on yourself.

The topic is the state of the economy, thats why they were talking about $, if you are talking about stones price without considering the price/profit of AP you're the one missing something here, dont matter if you can spend 10h daily farming to get gold in-game if you cant buy any stone or ec to get stones without someone actually buying $ and selling ecs.

8 minutes ago, Yukani said:

The topic is the state of the economy, thats why they were talking about $,

You get the same amount of corals from selling 100 ec now than when EC were at 85 g ea so people who spend $ on the game have not been affected by the current state of the economy and the raise in price of stones, on the contrary they are getting more advantage over other F2P players simply because the inside currencies of the game (gold) has each day less value. 

Just now, Yukani said:

The topic is the state of the economy, thats why they were talking about $, if you are talking about stones price without considering the price/profit of AP you're the one missing something here, dont matter if you can spend 10h daily farming to get gold in-game if you cant buy any stone or ec to get stones without someone actually buying $ and selling ecs.

You can farm ecs as well if you want, even if isn't the huge amount like 100-1000. As everyone said till now, this server exist to bring up a "memory of the past", and at least in my server there weren't many people spending $ to buy sell things. Still I could see a lot of ECs and Stones around.
This very issue you're talking about got "kinda" fixed with the introduction of gem's altar but not even that much. EC's come in game in different ways, you can get them for free from daily events, you can get them from 10v10, you can get them "to sell or use" from rankings, you can get them in many ways for real. Now the thing is, the p2w factor here is huge cause a lot of people are p2p. But again, let me write it again, it's not like they started spending $ yesterday, they are doing it from the start of the server, and the price has always been the same. So why now is raising exactly? What's the problem with it? It feels like someone woke up a random day and decided to do so.
Making them pay more or less won't fix the fact that +10% stones are bad. Am I wrong? I think not. It can go to an infinite cycle of trying and trying while failing and failing over and over again. Cause hey if math is a thing then 90%failure>10%success. So it depends too much on luck. The only issue between p2p and f2p players is that, the price of them for p2p players won't change, for f2p players instead will change cause someone randomly woke up and decided so. Why is the economy getting so bad in the game? It's not cause of the p2p players, they are spending the same amount of relative money from the start of the server till now, the price for them never changed. There's no reason to ask for more "golds" if you are paying the same amount of $ as before to get them. 
This is a thing only if you say that the whole server is p2w.
But if you keep saying that the server is okay right now and doesn't have any type of influence from the p2w factor, then I think there's not even a need to discuss this. Right? This shouldn't be appeaning if this is the case.
HOWEVER IT'S APPEANING because the server is damn p2w. So I'm pretty sure that the person who woke up and decided to change prices randomly are actually those same people who are spending $ and don't realize that nothing changed from the start of the server till now. It's still the same for them as it was before. They are just making it harder for f2p players to keep it up.
And Jordan if there's a better income of golds from grinding is just around 500g+ per day unless you wish to spend literally 24/7 on a game and grind everyday everysingle 0/10 + 0/2, + trials. It takes quite some time. Especially for someone who doens't have a +10 weapon.

16 minutes ago, ted said:

You get the same amount of corals from selling 100 ec now than when EC were at 85 g ea so people who spend $ on the game have not been affected by the current state of the economy and the raise in price of stones, on the contrary they are getting more advantage over other F2P players simply because the inside currencies of the game (gold) has each day less value. 

Ye I know Ted I know. But I don't recall anything like this appeaning on aeria, wonder why. As I said before this isn't a game anymore, it's just who feeds more $ to the other one.

The problem is: everything in this game comes from Altar, stones, chisels, coronas, resets... and the only source of Eden Crystals is Cash, farm EC from fragments/arena isn't realistc. I don't think a model where literally  all stuff we need comes from cash can work in a long term anymore. We need another source of Eden Crystal in game, maybe daily quests or boss drop in 0/2 dungeons, so everyone can get 20-30 EC/day and don't rely exclusively on the good will of cashers to spend their money and inject items in the economy.

48 minutes ago, Elementalist said:

The problem is: everything in this game comes from Altar, stones, chisels, coronas, resets... and the only source of Eden Crystals is Cash, farm EC from fragments/arena isn't realistc. I don't think a model where literally  all stuff we need comes from cash can work in a long term anymore. We need another source of Eden Crystal in game, maybe daily quests or boss drop in 0/2 dungeons, so everyone can get 20-30 EC/day and don't rely exclusively on the good will of cashers to spend their money and inject items in the economy.

That's sounds ok, cause we have one way to farm on Awaken Server, 75 Trials gives around 40-45 EC daily per char, i do in 3-4 when have good altars, but before on aeria we haven't a way to farm this.
Real solution on top of this turn popular stones and bring their money with costumes and cosmetic stuff as they always did, but that's not possible cause they always say gonna be like awaken which have x2 halcyon or on special events some x2 sublimes.
On awaken we have ez ways to farm stones and we can get them easly farming money too.
Why not try same altar rates but for Viridian/Ultramarine/Coral Lucky Safety Stones if they are x1 on altar we still need around x150 of each to fortify full gear (i mean for coral and 50-60 for ultramarines).
Will be enought? right? just try , topics like this will disapear from forums.
@Bash @Jordan i understand Awaken Server is so easy we can put full set +14 in 40 min without spend any  money, but on classic we can't do +6 in 1 day without spend as minimum 10$ (which is nothing for USA players)

@Matt you should know how much is 50$ for ppl that don't live in USA.

We wanted classic server which should means classic content (Normal Classes, Funny PvE, Diversity of classes)but not like NotAura too which gave everything free.

I know now Classic is the most popullated cause COVID but after this alot of players will quit cause no time to farm 18h a day.

@naru don't get VGN answers as ofense if u feel it as attack just wait a minute before answer, they have their reasons to be that ''agressive''.(has being like that in the last 2 years, since ppl come to forum to attack and say bullshit, i was one of those)

Wish we can bring back good memories and keep this server up for long time.

Also why not wait until all plans from vgn? they can't turn everything in 1 maint cause if they do bad decision can be the end of this server.

Okay nice suggestion, but a bit too much, 20-30 per day? That's too much, that would break the game. 4-5 would be nice and realistic.
What I think would be good, is remove all the items that affect the game from the shop, change the shop to have only costumes, remove all the prime costumes from altar and change them with something useful in the game. Cause here I'm gonna say it, the same people who are bla bla bla about the economy, are wasting money everyday to have a better costume.
Costumes in the AP/VGN shop (make them available only in that way, no more altar) and altar for utility items and upgrades.
Wich is more realistic. 

1 hour ago, infecttado said:

That's sounds ok, cause we have one way to farm on Awaken Server, 75 Trials gives around 40-45 EC daily per char, i do in 3-4 when have good altars, but before on aeria we haven't a way to farm this.

We don't have class drops here, so even if they put EC and SS in trials, would be pretty impossible to "farm" them.

9 hours ago, Yukani said:

If you forted two whole sets to +10 with 200$ it wasnt bad lucky, in fact it was almost the best case possible if you do the maths of 200$ been around 200-210k and saying that you used 10 corals or ultramarines per piece wich would be the ''odds'' it would be around 175 just with corals and ultramarines, if you also count viridians you were really far from been with bad lucky there and im pretty sure most of the server wouldnt be able to +10 two sets with only 200$ .

I didn't buy any stones though? I just played the EC and won on average what everyone else is. (If you're playing a ton of ECs, you do notice an average). There is a reason why players are buying hundreds and thousands of ECs at a time (RainbowDash, Archie, Monettcita), you make more money playing EC on average than if you were to sell them. I think with two of the three altars this past week (the first one and the one from sunday night -> last night) you would make an average of 2~5k per 100 EC you rolled if buying them for 100g each. If you're buying AP and selling EC you're not maximizing your profits - you make more money playing the altar. And I wouldn't say I had good luck, just average luck with fortifying. Some pieces took a few stones to upgrade to the next level and one of them took 40 corals to go from +8 to 9. Law of averages always works itself out if you do enough of something.

Two weekends ago I forted two Giantslayer sets to +10 and a level 65 Club because I was going to play warrior, I used in total 140 Coral LSS, 100 Premium SS (from +3 -> +7) and 80 Ultra LSS. At market value of the time (ULSS 700g, CLSS 800g, SS 300g) that equals out to about 198k.

As I said previously, I think people just don't know how to maximize their gains with what they have and utilize resources. People spam ULSS for +6-7 when it's more efficient to use premium SS to go to +7. Also the sets I forted for my friends this weekend used 0 of the colored stones, purely only premium lucky/SS. I'm unsure why people don't utilize luckies as much, but they don't.

The real killer of the sets and making them good is fort resets (all of the costs above are without resetting them, that's what eats up a majority of the gold IMO not necessarily the fortifying itself).

1 hour ago, infecttado said:

That wont work because we are on classic server. The only class with life steal is Warlock and later warrior with awaken axe. You simply cant solo trials on this server unless you have the awaken axe and good gear then maybe. That means you have to farm the ec with a party and everyone will try to get the ec. @infecttado Anyways dont try it just wait for jordans "solution" so many pve players already quit jordan and bash forget sometimes that half of the ppl in aven are selling alts and the guild towns are full with alts farming too. Looking at login numbers doesnt mean anything im right now in a pve guild with alot of casual f2p players and the guild became the last few weeks pretty inactive, more and more ppl just quit the game. 

56 minutes ago, naru said:

That wont work because we are on classic server. The only class with life steal is Warlock and later warrior with awaken axe. You simply cant solo trials on this server unless you have the awaken axe and good gear then maybe. That means you have to farm the ec with a party and everyone will try to get the ec. @infecttado Anyways dont try it just wait for jordans "solution" so many pve players already quit jordan and bash forget sometimes that half of the ppl in aven are selling alts and the guild towns are full with alts farming too. Looking at login numbers doesnt mean anything im right now in a pve guild with alot of casual f2p players and the guild became the last few weeks pretty inactive, more and more ppl just quit the game. 

WRONG, I solo trials already with +2 weapons as MA. And if you think it's hard, find someone to share the loot with, someone who can heal you, if not your alt giving you life cure. ECs and SS comes in lower level trials as well, no one ever said you are forced to do end game lvl trials

But I think you are right, it's sad to see so many players quit already.
I think they did what they did because there's not much to do right now. And most of them are f2p players because they don't see theirselves getting even close to the p2p. So they just quit.

2 hours ago, AceFire said:

We don't have class drops here, so even if they put EC and SS in trials, would be pretty impossible to "farm" them.

i know, that's why i said ''real solution''.

1 hour ago, naru said:

@infecttado Anyways dont try it just wait for jordans "solution"

nah i real like jordan solutions for stuff, but the fact hes not acception 1-2 doesn't mean his work is nothing, in 5 years he did nice deal (expect for Dragonside Sanctuary :'D , hate this dungeon).

1 hour ago, naru said:

Looking at login numbers doesnt mean anything im right now in a pve guild with alot of casual f2p players and the guild became the last few weeks pretty inactive, more and more ppl just quit the game. 

Sadly some did, but this happend to awaken too, was SUPER popullated and sometimes wasn't.

Anyway i'll wait for future changes, if they don't change i'll keep playing and using my own ways to farm stuff and get geared.

22 hours ago, naru said:

@Bash i dont think you want me to search some nice quotes of you and jordan. Disagree is okey but being rude at the same time not, maybe you didnt do that in this thread but in some others. Tutti made even a whole thread about it, that the devs are insulting ppl weeks/months ago lmao.

So we should be held accountable for it at all times? Because if that's the case....

Should we begin by pulling everything stated to us in the past by yourself and many others? Soon as you don't get your own way you start pulling these little stunts by holding things against us like we're meant to be some conglomerate ran on procedures and executing like robots.

You forget this is a few person team and we're players just like you, we don't have to treat you with such respect when a lot of us do this in our spare time for YOU and then we're met with such responses like we're only in this for the money and don't care. So when you want to try and place yourself on the high horse here remember one thing.... I'm not the one being entitled and kicking and screaming whilst not playing a game properly.

We are allowed to disagree with you, we are allowed to challenge your suggestions. This isn't a take relationship and never will be. If you don't like it go to NotAura or some other shit pserver who before even having a stable server placed donations up and shut down when necessary, can't fix bugs and full of fucking idiots who for whatever reason you all hold in such higher regard.

Granted I've earned my fair share of hatred, I don't take crap from anyone. But trying to use past events as a basis to justify why you don't want to play a game properly is a poor fucking excuse and I apologise if the truth hurts.

23 hours ago, naru said:

1 hour ago, Bash said:

So we should be held accountable for it at all times? Because if that's the case....

Should we begin by pulling everything stated to us in the past by yourself and many others? Soon as you don't get your own way you start pulling these little stunts by holding things against us like we're meant to be some conglomerate ran on procedures and executing like robots.

You forget this is a few person team and we're players just like you, we don't have to treat you with such respect when a lot of us do this in our spare time for YOU and then we're met with such responses like we're only in this for the money and don't care. So when you want to try and place yourself on the high horse here remember one thing.... I'm not the one being entitled and kicking and screaming whilst not playing a game properly.

We are allowed to disagree with you, we are allowed to challenge your suggestions. This isn't a take relationship and never will be. If you don't like it go to NotAura or some other shit pserver who before even having a stable server placed donations up and shut down when necessary, can't fix bugs and full of fucking idiots who for whatever reason you all hold in such higher regard.

Granted I've earned my fair share of hatred, I don't take crap from anyone. But trying to use past events as a basis to justify why you don't want to play a game properly is a poor fucking excuse and I apologise if the truth hurts.

Lets not take this too personal, because theres no need for that and thats not the point of this thread, also why attack eachother? It will only leave a bigger bitter taste in everyones mouth.

Anyway, i think having EC to be dropped on dungeons would be nice too, same way like class medals, which btw, was pretty awesome addition tbh :). 

Im not a spender so i dont know if this exists but, how about when people buy AP they get free EC? Like imagine you invest 20$, you get like 50 EC along with with the AP, instead of using the AP you bought to buy EC, of course you can still to do that, sort of like a bundle. 

23 minutes ago, Annuia said:

Anyway, i think having EC to be dropped on dungeons would be nice too, same way like class medals, which btw, was pretty awesome addition tbh :). 

ye this would be great.

23 minutes ago, Annuia said:

Im not a spender so i dont know if this exists but, how about when people buy AP they get free EC? Like imagine you invest 20$, you get like 50 EC along with with the AP, instead of using the AP you bought to buy EC, of course you can still to do that, sort of like a bundle. 

This instead would be bad, cause those people would have more resources and they already have too many if we compare them to f2p players. Now if you think that this would improve economy, I doubt it. If they decide to put on the market honest prices yes, but I seriously doubt it.