Sign in to follow this  
Alicia

The SS Situation is simply unacceptable.

Hi, I'm a sucker who:

• Put $220 USD into this game
  • Got all the achievements (available as of the 60 cap)
  • Got all the necessary trophies
  • Ishtar set
  • 160% grimoire.

You'd think I could have fun in arena right now, maybe participate in some PVP and not be a punching bag. Nope, not a chance, +4 weapon. As of this morning I'm sitting here with 20k in gold and 40k in ap and I can't do anything with it. I somehow have enough corals and ultramarines to +10 a weapon if I wanted to.

Seriously, what the hell is this nonsense?

Did you know that in the most greedy, egregious of servers, around this meta, you could get the safety stones needed to upgrade your weapon AND set to +7 and +6 respectively for a "mere" $100? How did VGN, a group that I trusted, that I worked as a GS for in the past, conjure an economy that you can't even P2W unless you join at the right time and gamble for SS all day?

I had hopes, this is my favorite time in the game with the lv65 content. Sure, if I had known about this 2 months ago I would probably be apathetically looking at this post thinking "whatever I've got my stash." I don't blame hoarders for hoarding, it's VGN's job to provide a fair and balanced economy and this is anything but.

I'm not even going to get into the joke that is not having lv65 chisels available, don't need to. The SS situation alone is enough for me to want to quit and cut my losses.

+6 is a baseline, a standard, the bare mininmum. Every single player in this server, or any for that matter, should have immediate access to this, without having to sort through thousands upon thousands of dyes from the alpaca capsules. This is not a nice to have, it's required for the game to function as intended. And even Aeria Games knew of this.

EDIT=I've been since found just enough SS through a guildie who had been saving up. My opinion hasn't changed, but at least the game isn't literally unplayable for the time being.

• Like 5

Third day of cap 65 and people already are complaning about don´t having weapongs +10 full slots and all archivements complete...🙄

Take it easy, there will be stones and chicels in due time on altar and I bet that by next week you will have what you asked.

The normal safety stones or the viridian kind are usually on atleast 1 altar a week in enough quantity that if you takes them when you land on them you can get a +6 in less than 100 Eden Crystals (Unless you have extremely bad luck). This also means that their price in game end up less than half that of what a Coral or Ultramarine is. Now I'm not sure why +6 has to be free as it certainly wasn't on Aeria or FNO for that matter and was as cheap as it is here.

Now I understand I may have messed up with altars this week and focused too much on the higher graded stones (Coral and Utramarines). However, quite honestly who would actually be forting this week when its already been stated that the trials new gears would be brough out next week on the last patch notes? So althought again, I did mess up and not put enough of the stones used for +6ing a weapon this week. It doesn't actually effect much of nothing as people should be more focused on leveling and preparing for the next update rather than wasting their resources on a previous gear tier.

Last week 2/3 Altar's had a plentiful amount of the +6 stones more than they did when I did my testing above of +6ing in 100 Eden Crystals.

• 15th/16th/17th June
    • Safety Stone x1
    • Safety Stone x2
    • Lucky Safety Stone x1
  • 11th/12th June
    • Viridian Lucky Safety Stone x2
  • 6th/7th June
    • Safety Stone x1 (Low tier, high rates)
  • 4th/5th June
    • Safety Stone x1
    • Safety Stone x2
    • Lucky Safety Stone x2
  • 1st/2nd3rd June
    • Viridian Safety Stone x3
    • Ultramarine Lucky Safety Stone x1
    • Coral Lucky Safety Stone x1

Now I'm not really sure what the arguement and inclusion of your money spent has to do with anything either as to be quite honest what you're pointing at is that there is a supply issue. Yeh maybe that there is a small arguement that could be made that spending said money should have got you safety stones at some point but usually it does, just look through the Altar thread, every week atleast 2 altars had stones for +0-+6 range and in most cases it was 3/3. Now again, I hold my hands up and say clearly this week was my bad I didn't include them and focused too much on the higher tier stones and I apologize for that. I will try to avoid making mistakes like this in future 😪

The normal safety stones or the viridian kind are usually on atleast 1 altar a week in enough quantity that if you takes them when you land on them you can get a +6 in less than 100 Eden Crystals (Unless you have extremely bad luck). This also means that their price in game end up less than half that of what a Coral or Ultramarine is. Now I'm not sure why +6 has to be free as it certainly wasn't on Aeria or FNO for that matter and was as cheap as it is here.

First of all, let me preface by saying that was a 5am rant and that I was not in the best state of mind at the time. I did not mean to be insulting so apologies there. That said, point still stands.

It's not about rarity or price. This was not my point at all. it's about availability.

Corals and ultramarines are one thing, but regular SS should always be available, prices respond to how hard it is to land on altar, but cycling the cheapo, basic SS just makes people hoard them cause they don't know when they'll be back next. If they were at the very top of the altar every day then the price would still be high but you wouldn't see droughts like these. For new players, timing is everything, waiting a week is a week where arena isn't getting done and stuff not getting worked on.

What happens when people hoard them? New players, donators or not, cannot catch up and start doing arena. I joined two weeks ago, I have to compete with people who have full gold +10 sets and weapons and having a +6 weapons just about puts you into not-punching bag territory. That's why it's the absolute minimum for pvp.

I've had to put two months of grinding in the past two weeks. I'm worn out and tired, but I caught up and I'm happy about that, it just sucks to do all of that and be hard stopped by a drought in safety stones lol.

The point of putting the amount of money I've put into the game is to compare to the aeria servers. At the very least on this particular issue, things are way worse at the moment. That's a whole lot more insane than classic ever was lol.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ted said:

Third day of cap 65 and people already are complaning about don´t having weapongs +10 full slots and all archivements complete...🙄

Take it easy, there will be stones and chicels in due time on altar and I bet that by next week you will have what you asked.

Let me put this through my perpective. I'm a brand new player. I started less than a week before the 65 cap released. I'm also a pretty hardcore pvp guy. I have to catch up and compete with people who have been around for like two months grinding every single day.

And I did. I'm level 65, got all the gear I need, and the achievements. As of today, lv65 mostly done. I should be at the tippy top of the explorer rank when it updates. Two weeks of hardcore, nonstop, tryhard grinding, and what stops me from kicking ass in arena is... safety stones.

Yeah, easy to say "wait a week." that's half the time I've been playing on this server lol.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alicia said:

Well as I said, the majority of altars have regular safetys or viridian safeys on the altar in some capacity, sometimes generous sometimes not as generous. However, as I stated and apologized for was an oversight on my part that made them very lacking for this week in-particular and it wasn't by intention either.

This is the first time it has happened and I apologize for that but I don't really think the amount of citizim given is very fair to be honest. I understand your frustration and I'm not undermining it by any means. But I mean for someone who has only being playing two weeks as you said, I think it's a bit early to judge on that. Anyway if its just a supply issue then it should be sorted by next maintenance. Sorry for the trouble.

Yeah, as I said before, my original post was not fair to you or anyone. I was just exhausted and incredibly angry lol. My bad. Please don't take it as a personal attack.

To be honest i believe a lot of ppl got disappointed after seeing a diamond altar without even halcyon stones, there is just no excuses to put the same 10% stones from normal altar on diamond, it just makes more and more ppl quit because of how p2w it is if you wanna actually pvp and not take 1 month to gear a class and then the cap changes.

A lot of ppl are already gone from pvp and it will keep happening until you guys stop been so greedy with $ on this server, even increased higher lvl wills from 1 to 2 ep which is a lot for ppl that need fame for new sets, literally everything been made on this server unlike awaken is to suck more $. a server been pay to win while rushing cap is the worse thing possible. Seems like all you guys are trying to do is to get as much $ as possible while the server is active and not thinking about the future.

And im not complaining because i never have gold or money to gear, when new gears come i'll also +10 at least a weapon on first day so i can actually pvp but the point is that not everyone else can even if they grind a lot because of the rng on those stones, and just because aeria was like X or fno like Y  you guys dont need to do the same thing (Or worse on stones) its not a oficial server there is no reasson to be greedy as them.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Jordan said:

Now I'm not sure why +6 has to be free as it certainly wasn't on Aeria or FNO for that matter and was as cheap as it is here.

It actually was basically free on the FR server, you could even go up to +10 for free with enough grind. Seeing the SS rate in alpaca capsules here, +6 here is probably the same grind as it was to get +10 there

Obviously not asking for the same here, would be dumb, but i doubt making +6 accessible for free would be a bad thing. Viridians would still be bought by all the loaded people out there and you could release halcyon viridians in altar if you really want people to buy +6 stones.

3 hours ago, Astraea said:

It actually was basically free on the FR server, you could even go up to +10 for free with enough grind. Seeing the SS rate in alpaca capsules here, +6 here is probably the same grind as it was to get +10 there

Obviously not asking for the same here, would be dumb, but i doubt making +6 accessible for free would be a bad thing. Viridians would still be bought by all the loaded people out there and you could release halcyon viridians in altar if you really want people to buy +6 stones.

You cannot expect us to ever take note of other's actions. Every server is of it's own direction and just because x, y and z done a, b or c does not mean we should ever follow suit.

If we should follow suit should we go to the rate of prices Aeria and FR offered? In the end you get more for your money and that's something you (and many others) seem to forget when you have tunnel vision.

TBH I know Jordan is tired about stones discussion.
But I think the problem isn't just the players, or it not being on altar for 1 week, or antyhing.
It's just the 10% stones.
The rate is just so low, sometimes you need 30 stones to put something from +8 to +10.
Obviously when you have a lot of money and you see people selling stones you will buy to save it for when you need.
That's not even wrong, its just players collecting what they need duo to the success on fortification being so low.
Update the 10% stones to 25 or 20% and you will see the stones market goiing better in 1 maint.

And in this post people are only complaining about the suply, that never increases regardless if stones are on atlar or not, because 90% of people who are playing altar are saving the stones for theirselves.
We could still discuss F2P situation. After farming a whole day to level all my classes to 65 I ended up getting 2.8k after running Century, Century T, Venin T, Sturmfrau, Skleros Ice Abbys.
2.8k with the insane amounnt of failure we have isn't enough even to fortifiry 1 item from +6 to +7

@Edit I farmed those dungeons twice, before and after reset.

• Like 5

I'd like to add that I've seen Jordan talking about the 10% stones several times, I know that there is a reason he added 10% stones instead of halcyon or sublimes.
I think it was a good idea at the start. Keep stones in market, don't allow people to +10 everything to fast so they have more time palying to grind, gives more longevity to the server, etc.
But in the end, it didn't worked.
Its making people who can affort stones hoard them. And people who can't spend that much in the server to get trustrated with they items +2/+4/+6.
If you get your player base frustrated like some are right now, doesn't matter how much you tries to protect the market. People will see that market isn't only ecs but will still be frustrated with the game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bash said:

You cannot expect us to ever take note of other's actions. Every server is of it's own direction and just because x, y and z done a, b or c does not mean we should ever follow suit.

If we should follow suit should we go to the rate of prices Aeria and FR offered? In the end you get more for your money and that's something you (and many others) seem to forget when you have tunnel vision.

I'm also free to not donate to this server if I feel like the decisions made are worse than the very servers we stopped playing on for their greed. And until I see change I will not donate another cent.

Why don´t make a poll?

Continue the server at it is or try to change everything to look close to aeria  which means shit EC rates, aeria insane prices and if I am not wrong increase the rate of alpaca capsules on cap 70 where I remember they were released.

I agree. I had someone who sold me Century runs yesterday and he had a +2 weapon, had to help him kill the mobs.  

On a serious note, I too agree. Please make it more available to the mass and not just the ones who spend £500 a month. It's starting to feel like how ArcheAge:Unchained was (and you know how that game went), farm all day just so you get a "chance" to matter in PvP. A chance, because as you already know, sometimes it takes 30-50 stones to +10 and that amount in gold is way too much to farm for the majority of people who can only play a few hours a day and even then, when those who do not cash finally catch up, it's the next cap or their gears they worked so hard for kinda starts becoming obsolete.

1 hour ago, Bash said:

What Jordan said wasn't 100% right that's all.

And to answer your question, as someone who won't spend hundreds of $ weekly i couldn't care less what your rate of prices becomes if that means we get easy alpaca stones.
Coming back to the main subject though, pretty sure most non-hardcore/non-spenders would have a complaint or two about safety stones right now if you asked them, maybe it's time to start addressing the issue ?
Like Alicia said i think +6 is a minimum, so it should be easily affordable by any regular player, yet only LSS are available right now, so you just need to get unlucky and who knows how much you'll spend on a single +6. I really don't think it's that hard nor gamebreaking to release 50% or 75% viridian stones ? That or you could juste make regular viridians (NT) available in alpaca capsules at a better rate than what it is now. A combination of both could work too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Astraea said:

What Jordan said wasn't 100% right that's all.

And to answer your question, as someone who won't spend hundreds of $ weekly i couldn't care less what your rate of prices becomes if that means we get easy alpaca stones.
Coming back to the main subject though, pretty sure most non-hardcore/non-spenders would have a complaint or two about safety stones right now if you asked them, maybe it's time to start addressing the issue ?
Like Alicia said i think +6 is a minimum, so it should be easily affordable by any regular player, yet only LSS are available right now, so you just need to get unlucky and who knows how much you'll spend on a single +6. I really don't think it's that hard nor gamebreaking to release 50% or 75% viridian stones ? That or you could juste make regular viridians (NT) available in alpaca capsules at a better rate than what it is now. A combination of both could work too.

This morning I posted a world call about this, a free player came to me and said "I have 3 +10 weapons"

He had played hardcore from the start and that's all he had. Nevermind a +10 set, the way things are, that's never going to be possible for a free player at all. The difference between a guy with a +10 weapon and a guy with +10 everything is ASTRONOMICAL. There's just no comparrison.

All free means to obtain SS have been essentially removed. You can't use EP, Alpaca Coins got nerfed hard, class bonus was removed, can't even get them from the freaking AP store. Literally, you only get SS when VGN feels like it, and you get the ones they want.

I do not believe in the current situation that even a guy spending $20 a month would be able to gear every class to +10 by the end of the 65 meta. This is beyond ridiculous.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Alicia said:

You can't use EP, Alpaca Coins got nerfed hard, class bonus was removed,

Well those things were not on cap 65, they were implemented on cap 70 and 75 so having them since the begining (EP and alpaca coins) I think is good even if they are nerfed cause they made things actually playable without being too easy ( people seems to forgot how insanely hard was to do archivements before EP was implemented).

@Jordan @Bash I'm not going to just bitch about the problem. I have a plan that I believe would satisfy all parties involved.

Staggered Halcyon Releases

- At the start of every cap, all Halcyon SS get wiped from the server.

- During the length of the cap, Halcyon stones will become available in order. First viridians, then ultramarines, and during the last third, corals.

- Regular SS / Lucky Ultramarine / Lucky Coral should be available on the EP store at a fixed price, this will ensure the value will remain constant based on the cost of EC. These do not get wiped at the end of a cap.

This will ensure that 1: tryhards can work/donate to get their +10s early, 2: the value and supply of SS remains consistent and predictable, 3: free players will be able to catch up to the meta at the very least during the final stages of the cap, and 4: easy means to get +10 will be purged before they can be used on the next cap.

The Cap 65 will stay there for a really long time, what make it so urgent to get all +10 ? Isnt a Classic server ? Back in the days it was even harder and grindy.

Whatever the game you will play you'll grind as much as hell. For example : Albion Online, for a single farm item to rank 8 it take minimum 2 week and you have 6 different thing to farm and this is only farm not craft and gear. 

Jordan is doing his best to keep it as balance as possible but you can't forget many awaken player had cap gold and could buy ton of VGN. Free Player are playing it the balance way.

Sure things, taking your time is the best way to enjoy the game like it was back in the dayz. Going fast is for Awaken.

1 minute ago, MaD2210 said:

The Cap 65 will stay there for a really long time, what make it so urgent to get all +10 ? Isnt a Classic server ? Back in the days it was even harder and grindy.

Whatever the game you will play you'll grind as much as hell. For example : Albion Online, for a single farm item to rank 8 it take minimum 2 week and you have 6 different thing to farm and this is only farm not craft and gear. 

Jordan is doing his best to keep it as balance as possible but you can't forget many awaken player had cap gold and could buy ton of VGN. Free Player are playing it the balance way.

Sure things, taking your time is the best way to enjoy the game like it was back in the dayz. Going fast is for Awaken.

Long time, but rn we need to use a endless amount of stones to +10 pre awaken items that will be released next week

To then reupgrade then when awakens are released.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bash said:

Your post comes off as "at least we're not as bad as Aeria". That's not a good mentality to have. People come to play this server because it's assumed the admins will listen to people's complaints, not to find out how close you can get to Aeria without actually becoming it.

Right now the only ways to get SS are: hope someone has the EC, is landing on whichever SS you guys feel like we should have, and not hoarding it so I can buy them for outrageously high prices, or buy the EC and gamble myself. And even then, you have the issue of these stones being 10% only, and not everyone is going to have tens of thousands of gold on standby for whenever you release the right SS on the altar, so they can spend dozens of them to get a single weapon +4 to +6.

People complain because they're unhappy with this. At the end of the day, this is a videogame. No one wants to spend months grinding for stuff like it's a full time job just to be able to have fun playing it. Giving players a more consistent way to get the lower tier SS would be a good start.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MaD2210 said:

Then get it +6 over +10 ? Why going +10 absolutely ? It not only about power but strategy ?

Because people who throw hundreds upon hundreds of USD into the game also happen to be good at it? This isn't 2012, you're not outsmarting anyone at this point.

1 minute ago, MaD2210 said:

Then get it +6 over +10 ? Why going +10 absolutely ? It not only about power but strategy ?

Because unless ur a bard or a healer you need at least a +10 weapon to compete with the other parties, dont matter what strategy you use, you wont beat a pt with full gears if you're in one with all the dps's wearing +6 weapons.

• Like 2