Sign in to follow this  
Folkichan

My 5 Cents on the Current State of the Server

@Jordan @Bash  (Writing from my wife's forum account)

Greetings, GMs, and folks. 

I'm not usually the one to talk or comment on any Forum, to be honest, but it was brought to my attention this whole discussion about what's good and wrong (mostly what's wrong) about this game to which I would like to touch on. I know this is a long read, but there are many things that have to be said that just cannot be explained in a few words without being taken out of context. 

First, a little background. I feel like I need to voice my opinion too based on two factors. First, because I have been playing EE for 8 years starting in EE-ES, then EE-EN after ES closed, the first EE-Private Server, your now EE-Awakening and now the EE-Classic seeing the same thing happening over and over again. Second, my drive on seeing things from behind a GM's perspective. I worked for other videogame companies for a few years now and I understand the point of view of people like Jordan, Bash, etc. that want to make a profit out of a game, servers are not cheap nor free to be run and unlike most people, I know how of much it costs to maintain a game running seeing for myself over the years up close and in person.

Now, let's be honest, most of the MMORPG games fail or end up closing because there is always a lack of balance between P2W and F2P players, which is a cancerous situation that has been happening for years within companies and the only way to fix this problem is to maintain or create this said balance. There are a few exceptions to this fail rule which end up being the only currently popular and surviving MMORPG games, and their secret is that they did crack this balance issue and it works. You have a huge advantage to your end, that since this isn't an original server, you have the chance to use that power and modify the game to your liking as you have been doing with Awakening to strive for a better future to fix this ongoing problem. 

How do you fix it? My suggestion for fixing this problem is very simple, change your focus on trying to be a generic P2W MMORPG in the sense of marketing to be run more like a MOBA instead. Why? People here, in Aeria and the majority of MMORPG games, have always the same point of view: "After I'm done gearing myself, finishing all achievements, what else can I do?" The answer is very simple. PVP. If there was the right balance within the game, there would be enough F2P players to fill arenas and more than enough of P2W players to sustain the server expenses and keeping it running because sooner or later you will gear yourself up and have nothing else to do other than PVP.

Delaying the gearing up process only makes it that F2P players leave frustrated and P2W players have nobody to compete against, making the experience boring and ultimately, leaving. People are not complaining about wanting things easier but rather about not seeing any kind of goal being met overtime, feeling like you're wasting weeks of your time to ultimately nothing. MOBA games have a different more competitive approach to this since they only ever sell customers vanity items like skins, not the actual gear or gameplay which anyone can get free or by grinding. This way F2P players can win against anyone and people that love to spend their money can shine in arenas by looking better than anyone else making companies richer than ever. 

The first change I would suggest is to change the Ranking Reward System. Currently, there are 4 Ranking which you can aim for to which there are only rewards for the first 20 players on each ranking. This needs to be changed and adjusted properly so everyone that lands on there, even the lower rankings, has at least some kind of reward given out for the effort. The first Ranking Board should be aimed to be for the TOP Players of All Times for overall score and have the same rewards and would be more difficult for anyone to try and compete in, but not impossible. The second, third, and fourth rank should be for Effort, such as one for Crafting Points, second for Boss Hunting Points, and third for Class/Lv up or similar and have different prizes for all rankings.

This is done to incentivize everyone to do more ranking competition since if you don't land within the first few ranks, it doesn't matter how much you spent or how much time you got into it, in the end, you get nothing. As an example of a decent incentive for the other rankings could be: 

Rank 1: 2500 APs +5 special rewards
Rank 2: 2400 APs +4 special rewards
Rank 3: 2300 APs +3 special rewards
Rank 4: 2200 APs +2 special rewards
Rank 5: 2100 APs +1special reward
Rank 6-10: 2000 APs + 1 special reward 
Rank 11-30: 1900 APs + 1special reward
Rank 31-50: 1800 APs
Rank 51-60: 1700 APs
Decreasing the reward every 10 levels, up to around 500 APs to all first 100-1000 in the rankings.

Second would be to change the way one can obtain upgrade stones. Any stones needed to upgrade gear from +2 to +8 should be available to be purchased by AP directly but also to be able to be obtained from Altar. This way everyone, both F2P and P2W players, has an opportunity to obtain them.

Stones from +9 to +10 should not be added to the AP store or Altar and should only be given as a reward for finishing a hard mission like completing X quantity of Boss killing, Guild Reps, Monsters, Elites (but not World Bosses because this would be unfair). Say something like:

Kill 50 Trial Bosses
Kill 3000 Monsters.
Kill 50 Elites (Lv 55 Up)
Complete 30 Guild Reps.

Reward: 1 Stone +9-+10 50% Chance.

This mission should take about a week or not being able to be completed within a day or two so it gives people something to work for but limiting it to only be able to complete it 2 Times a Week getting 2 50% Stones. This way, one would not be able to get geared +10 in a day or a week whilst giving a good reward for both P2W and F2P players which would help both for PVP and PVE.

Third, take away all vanity items (Head, Face, Mouth, Back, Body and Weapon Costumes) from Altar and make them exclusive purchase by APs, however, these need to be rotated every Week/Month and these rotations have to include a wide variety of said vanity items, making sure that these items have a reasonable price, like 5 to 10 USD maximum per object.

Include the rest of the items that are necessary and have an impact on gameplay in Altar only, Mounts, Pets, Bags, Enchants, Racial Gathering, etc. making them available for everyone to get. You need to make it worth for people to use the EC and getting something useful or needed out of it, which currently, is almost nothing. EC's don't sell, P2W people don't make money or progress with their cash, ruining the economy.

With these few changes, the majority of people would have a bigger incentive to play, be it to have fun in PVP/TW/GVG, show off wealth or to be able to grind Top Ranks for rewards. The change of stones would give a very needed balance between P2W and F2P players which would make people get involved more into TW, GVG and PVP since currently, the servers are slowly dying because nobody wants to get into Arenas or Guild Content due to getting shot down immediately one hit or that their guild has 1% chance of actually competing since it seems always to be only a war between 2-3 Guild whilst nobody else has a chance. If players had an actual chance to have equal or very similar odds, Guild Content and Arenas would become more competitive and defined by the abilities and skills of the players themselves rather than defined by the amount of money you spend or by being able to play 24h a day. If you invest money into a game it is because you wanna get things done easier and faster either because you don't have as much time to invest or you just want things quickly, however, if someone has time but no money should equally be able to gear up just like the people with money but over time.

Also, with the change of vanity items, it would be a way to ensure that the company has their finances secured continually since players never stick to only one look for too long and would strive to rock the latest grabs and show off how rich they can be.
This way, P2W and F2P players and the company can all make the game survive and even strive for a mutual benefit and have fun doing it. These are some ideas that need to be looked upon, tweaked, and adjusted obviously but they could be a base good enough to start getting a balance for the true long run of this game.

Also, these are examples based on other games that are very successful and work for them beautifully. You said that you have no obligation to take note or notice of what other games do and you're right, you have no obligation, however, you can still take some ideas and personalize them to your liking. Besides, you should listen to your people since you're making a game aimed for the community, the community should be able to ask what they want. You should listen to what the players actually want and need and should not try to convince them of what they should want or need instead. 

You lose nothing by trying new things, in the end, if it doesn't work, you just return everything as it once was. It's a risky business, sometimes you gotta take chances just as you did when you decided to open this server or any other server you currently own. It is a gamble that may or may not end up paying off. It's up to you if you're committed and want to do a change with your game or if it's too much work for you and easier to just leave it be and see how far longer it can be stretched without a change.

PS: I've seen topics regarding issues being closed, deleted, or even comments being deleted and I don't think it is right. You shouldn't suppress people's opinions because you're fed up reading the same things over and over or not wanting to deal with it. If they're voicing themselves it is because they feel like they aren't heard and you have a duty to listen to your people and their cries of help. A good leader is the one who discusses ideas and opinions openly, taking both the positive and negative comments, letting them speak. If you silence people you will only naturally instigate people to keep opening new posts and continue because they feel like they're being silenced to ultimately put under the rug. I used to do the same a few years back when I first started managing forums, however, this only led to more flooding. I discovered that by being honest and responding to people they feel like their voices matter and that they're being heard ultimately calming them down.

Seek constructive comments and posts, even if you don't like what is said, its still someone's opinion and you should respond to them, give them a chance to respond to you. Remember, even if it's just a person, they still matter.

Just a humble opinion from a veteran that has spent years grinding and also spending cash in EE.

Best Regards and Stay Safe.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Folkichan said:

You lose nothing by trying new things, in the end, if it doesn't work, you just return everything as it once was. It's a risky business, sometimes you gotta take chances just as you did when you decided to open this server or any other server you currently own. It is a gamble that may or may not end up paying off. It's up to you if you're committed and want to do a change with your game or if it's too much work for you and easier to just leave it be and see how far longer it can be stretched without a change.

You cannot say you lose nothing by trying new things but then say in the next sentance it's a gamble. You also cannot make changes like this and then simply just "revert" them when things go wrong cause again anyone who spent money before a change like this, during a change like this and after a change like this could be screwed over.

I'm also not saying an idea like this is bad as it has its merits but it also has its down points. This is a baseline kind of system can't just be implemented on a game that already has progress and already has a playerbase, this is something that should either be implemented day 1 or implemented never.

41 minutes ago, Folkichan said:

PS: I've seen topics regarding issues being closed, deleted, or even comments being deleted and I don't think it is right. You shouldn't suppress people's opinions because you're fed up reading the same things over and over or not wanting to deal with it. If they're voicing themselves it is because they feel like they aren't heard and you have a duty to listen to your people and their cries of help. A good leader is the one who discusses ideas and opinions openly, taking both the positive and negative comments, letting them speak. If you silence people you will only naturally instigate people to keep opening new posts and continue because they feel like they're being silenced to ultimately put under the rug. I used to do the same a few years back when I first started managing forums, however, this only led to more flooding. I discovered that by being honest and responding to people they feel like their voices matter and that they're being heard ultimately calming them down.

You're 100% right I hate locking topics. But what else can I do? Go look through past threads that I've tried to avoid locking they just keep going and going and going until they're locked. You can only say no to the same suggestion so many times before it becomes a waste of everyones time involved and every single response I have to make is a waste of time that I could be spend making the game better or making the awaken server better.

I have real life responsibilities too that extend outside of this game and the more time I spend writing paragraphs about the same suggestion that is brewing to being less and less about the point of the posts original topic the less time I have to spend on doing things actually meaningful. It also isn't good for anyones mind to read / respond to posts that get like this which is why they get locked. Not to mention the specifics you're talking about is quite simply that there is a handful of people who decide to derail every single subject to make it about another topic which then spikes the people who disagree them to argue back and then it makes someones topic become a massive arguement about something un-related or "loosely" related.

At the end of the day I offer my opinion and my voice here to make you know that you're heard by someone meaningful. I let people know why I do what I do, if its possible to change what I do and why I think something is bad. I also allow people to respond to let me know why they agree/disagree with me so they can give feedback accordingly and I acknowledge that I've read what they've had to say and give my thoughts and not many other games give this sort of power to the players (I can see why now too). Nothing falls on deaf ears and I've made several changes to this server based on feedback but you cannot expect that everything on the forums will be changed just because the same couple of people take over other peoples topics to re-ignite the same arguement post after post. This just ruins other peoples suggestions.

Thank you for the suggestions and comments.

I think it's important to remember that we are allowed to counter people's comments or disagree with them.

I did spend a while replying to each area then just deleted it as I can only imagine people will pick out the bad parts and focus on those as the basis of their arguments so I'll just be clear with what I am saying and I hope it doesn't offend anyone.

------------------------------

You've basically just asked us to take a marketing model from a completely different genre of game that has 1,000,000's of players playing over a game that even at it's prime never touched above 10,000 players on official. Your suggestion on vanity items being one time purchases is a good one, but it wouldn't work here unfortunately. The reason being is we only have x amount of players compared to y amount of players playing a MOBA game. Even 1% of y would be a huge amount of cash against x who might not even be enough to keep the lights on.

The main issue I keep seeing is the refusal to play an MMORPG properly. Time is of the essence I am a busy man myself so I respect people being busy however, the people claiming time to be the problem have hours of daily login time recorded and when checking their logs to see what they're doing, they're sat rambling on for hours in peer chat or personal conversations doing nothing. This is your concern as a player, if you refuse to play then so be it but we cannot just adjust a whole game full of people playing to appease the lack of efforts from a specific group of players.

Now I aint saying we are not discussing ideas to improve Safety Stones (if they're even a problem) but we do not act on impulse and just do, we have to analyze and assess the impacts of any changes thoroughly which takes time. You have to also remember that YOU as players are hoarding Safety Stones and refusing to market them in-game, I even found conversations of a specific group of players doing this on purpose to force our hand.

As for your rankings suggestions, this isn't a participation medal kind of environment and never should be.

This now seems like just another thread where a bunch of you have sat in Discord rambling on and someone has bit the bullet to assess the "state" of the server in yet another thread as if it's failing when it's doing fine. After Safety Stones are fixed I am sure another new discussion where players refuse to play the game because it "takes too long" so then it then results in yet another assessment of the "state of the server" as if it's failing.

Now I am sure the next replies will be related to us not caring, you not donating or just clearly quitting. That is of your choice as is your response and actions but we have made it clear we are working on a solution you're just not going to be happy after that as well because clearly everyone just wants to login, be done in an hour and then come to the forums demanding something to do and discuss the "state of the server" yet again on that basis as well.

In the end we cannot win and that's fine but we're doing what we believe is right and is exactly why we boast of a 11 year existence as a network.

• Thanks 1

I'm gonna just respond to the actual Suggestions since i don't really care for the whole "drama" around it.

1. Completely disagree. Rankings are absolutely fine as they are and also very easy to get into(especially the Hero and Explorer. Sure if you need to catch up Adventurer and Master will take a while but whhat do you expect. People at the top of those Rankings are pouring effort into it from the very Start)

2. As everybody should know i agree hardly on the server needing SS in PvE content, tho i don't really think your suggestion is the best. There are many many really good Suggestions around in the previous threads already.

3. I totally think it's fine to have cosmetics in the Altar. They'd need to fill up like 11-14 slots in every single Altar with different actual ingame things. It would either end on a complete trash altar every single time or be just way too OP as i don't think with ~35 items that are all useful for the actual gameplay you can balance it out correctly.

Edit: Btw. i do not think the server is dying at all tbh. It's just that some people feel like it because the same people are unhappy with the SS situation. That by no means affects everyone on the server tho, people just forget that they aren't the only ones playing here :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much for your quick answer, very much apreciated.

However, after reading your comments, I can see that my ideas were probably not very clear so I will try to explain them a bit more clearly.

Regarding the Ranking System, at no point did I mention to make it be easier, in fact, the changes were to make it a lot harder since people are going to try to Rank on it making it much more difficult to get on the board instead of just most players not caring about it because they won't get anything out of it. Maybe people will never be able to Rank for Top 1, but that is not the point of the change. The point was that everybody would care more about it just to get a weekly/monthly reward, the rewards I gave are just an example, it could be less, it could be other things, that does not matter. The concept of more rewards is what matters. Its just meant to give people something to do after they have done everything else and it would not destroy any of the current system, just make it more incentive for more people playing the game to actually care for. The system should remain the same, just give rewards for the tops 21-100 (or even top 1000 if the game was to reach that player base), in that way the whole Rank 100 is going to be competitive and not just the 20 ranks. I don't want it easier, I want it more competitive and harder.

About the Safety Stones, again, in none of what was written I said there was a lack of SS or that they should be easier to obtain so I don't know why that was even brought up, in fact, I'm pointing out that it should be a lot harder to get them, but for all players both P2W and F2P equaly. Having them in the cash shop would please the P2W players as they would get them sooner or latter, that would not change anything about the current situation regarding them. As for the F2P, they would grind gold to get them by buying them from the P2W players or from using EC. However, all of that would only be to just to get +6 or +8 (either would be a good idea) but the whole point of the idea is to make the last upgrades a lot harder for all the players and to make sure that you play the game, not buying your way through it. 

You complain that people sit and talk and don't actually play, make them play if they want to max out. It would take about 3 months to get a full set of gear to +10 for both F2P and P2W alike. That is going to make a very needed balance for all players. Arena and Guild Battles against the same people over and over is extremely boring, but giving everyone the same odds to gear up will make it so more "new people" get into the PVP territory. Also, this could be reduced in time, it is just to make sure that you cannot max out your gear in one day, but rather in weeks/months but giving the opportunity for all the playerbase, not  P2W or F2P only.

The vanity items (costumes) idea is just to make a secure profit, but it could be thrown away if there is no current need for that. From past experiences I learned that the company needs to make some money from something, and that was the only point of that idea. Trying to bring more money for the server's running.

And to explain better why I had those Ideas I'd like to give a brief history of my past as GM. I worked around 3 years for a company called MoveGames for their Steam Games and their own platform, those games where Redemption, Asta Online, Power Rangers Dash and Digimon Masters Online.

The game Redemption is an Offline video game, so there is nothing you can take from that game.

Asta Online attracted some player base and we had really good revenue start during it's early weeks through Steam, sadly the Marketing Team never listened to us (the GMs and the community) and the game went down pretty quickly. After that failure, that Marketing Team was promptly fired.

PRD is a mobile game, so again it doesn't really apply here.

But what I'm going to talk about, is from Digimon Masters Online or DMO. When I was transferred to the main GM Team and took charge the game was in a pretty bad state. About 100 players per server only (5 Servers total), everything was completly P2W and nothing else going on at that time. We brought the game onto Steam and decided to change a lot of the things starting with making new events and bringing the changes the players truly wanted and needed. It honestly took about two years, but after that, we got results from having 500 players between 5 servers to going as far beyond crossing 1,500 per server at peak times. The company started to make a lot of revenue and the changes we did were really small to be honest. Currently, I'm not working as GM of that game anymore, but even with the ongoing bad decisions from the new staff that took over after me and my colegues', their game keeps bringing a fairly decent amount of revenue thanks to just a few small changes we made on it a few years ago. 

The whole Ranking idea came from the current company I work for which is called Com2Us. Like MoveGames it is a Korean company. Within our games we have one called Summoners Wars, which is the one I'm currently working for, and the whole point of the Ranking rewards came from that game. When we researched more and tested some aspects about the Ranking System, it was found out that when we started giving players more things to do or higher hopes for them to get better in "Ranking", it attracted way more people. For us F2P, P2W, or any kind of players are great  because at the end of the day, we value every person playing our game since they contribute to making us and our servers better, be it by investing into it with their money or enjoying the game F2P content and spreading the word about our servers to other people. 

No changes will yeld great shocking changes within a day or two and these suggestions are certainly not mean for the short run, but rather for the long run. It worked for us. 

In no way I want the game to be made easier, it would get extremly boring. I quit Awakening a few months before Classic was released due to it being exremely easy to finish and max out, which I did in a matter of 5-6 months (the only thing really holding me back the daily capped entries and Sky Tower/Dragon time entry limit). I came into Classic because I was craving the challenge again, to spend weeks running my classes, doing dailies to grind for the gear I needed, grinding trials with low ratings to be more fun. If I wanted things easier as it seems to have been perceived for some reason, I'd have said to just put sublimes into Altar everyday, put drop class on, exp/cp x2, drop x3, give out the golden gears you give out on Awaken for Lv 50-60, etc. I haven't said it because I hate the idea of getting free stuff and easy.

Thank you for reading again, I hope I made myself more clear now on my stance about this situation.

35 minutes ago, Folkichan said:

I think the point you're missing is adding things to the cash shop doesn't make things harder it actually makes things easier. Because with this game most people spend their AP on Eden Crystals. So to compete with that you have to make it "better" or more cost effective. A lot of your arguements go towards this as being better for income for the server when simply it's not the case, as Eden Crystals are always the way to go as you can provide various different items that you can take when your bonus hits x2 making it more cost effective than buying from a cash shop along with adding a slight RNG to it so sometimes you win something and sometimes you lose something. You can also sell them in game for some quick money to put towards your achievements and such. While I don't doubt people would appreciate having a flat price for everything thats just not how the gaming world operates these days unless you have a subscription model or a huge player base as mentioned by Bash.

I also don't see how putting Safety Stones in the cash shop makes it anymore fairer for free to play players. To be quite honest it's fair how it is now just certain people don't seem to grasp how to effectively gain gold without putting money into the game. They also have to balance it with the fact that achievements are expensive but are a one time purchase, so right now people have a lot to spend money on. But, give it a few more weeks and that will drastically change since everyones rushing their achievements down and everyones burning their gold on multiple angles.

Why would you ever want to take away the convience of donating away from people? If someone dontates they deserve benefits for their donation as they're the ones keeping the machines turned on for free players to login and play the game without spending anything. This doesn't mean they get an advantage, not at all but do they get convience? Yeh ofcourse. So you tell me why I would want to donate if it doesn't save me from doing farming and it doesnt give me any advantage on time than it would if I was someone who didn't donate. This isn't a game like League of Legends where the amount of people who play is so large that some are bound to top up. Lemme bring up some points as I'm tired of this Pay2win rubish to be quite honest.

Pay 2 win angle

Idk how to say this but this game is very far from pay to win and I'll explain in comparrison to other games. Yes forting is expensive and yes realistically if you want to be able to gear multiple classes you might need to top up. However, can you sit in a map and grind gold for as many hours as you like? Yes you can simply go to Highlands and run around the back area by the Petra spawn to farm rings and such to make a lot of gold without suffering from dungeon caps. Can you also farm your daily dungeons to earn good gold? Yes you can.

Now what makes a game pay2win? A pay2win game usually has boundries set by the game systems that can be bypassed by spending money. So a simple example of this would be the original Echo of Souls game hosted by Aeria games (Idk about Phoenix as I haven't tried that myself). You could enter a dungeon x amount of times a day/week. However, you could extend these entries by buying dungeon tickets that would allow you to enter past your dayily / weekly limits which in turn gives you more chance to get drops and gold. So this ultimately gives you an advantage that simply cannot be matched by farming in a map for a couple of hours.

What else can make a game pay2win? Another thing that can make a game pay2win is being able to buy currency with your gold directly or having items that you buy directly with AP that are not able to be traded. This again is something many other games do such as X-Legends newer games like Laplace. This again gives the paying player advantages that can't simply be bartered with other players.

So what are you all forgetting

Everyone seems to be forgetting the simple fact that spending 1hour farming Alpaca Capsules (That you all seem to want to be buffed) is no different than farming dungeons for an hour or maps with good drop tables for an hour. Like IDK the price of a stone right now but I saw a ULSS is like 700g normally. So at most if I didn't mess up the altar the regular safety stone should 400g at maximum. So if it took you an hour to get 100 capsules and you wanted those Aeria FR/ES rates is it much different than grinding an hours worth of gold and then paying for the stones from another player? Not really, yeh you might get an extra piece or two depending on luck but in the end you're helping the economy of the game work as people who have spent money or gold on EC's can get a return on that and people who farmed can get the item they want.

Closing thoughts

This game isn't really pay2win at all. There isn't anything that hard work cannot earn you. There is games that I've played where the top donators will spend $500-$1000 per week. to get advantages over others. Games where if you're not atleast spending $50 a week you will lag behind everyone else and theoretically be behind for months on end until the paying players hit the characters maximum progressible state. This game doesn't even scratch the surface of pay2win.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jordan said:

Closing thoughts

This game isn't really pay2win at all. There isn't anything that hard work cannot earn you. There is games that I've played where the top donators will spend $500-$1000 per week. to get advantages over others. Games where if you're not atleast spending $50 a week you will lag behind everyone else and theoretically be behind for months on end until the paying players hit the characters maximum progressible state. This game doesn't even scratch the surface of pay2win.

I think everyone says game is pay2win becaise being realistic it consumes to much gold to get even 1 single +10 item right know.
So you might say that its okay, a +10 weapon gives you a advantage over people who have +6 or something like that, that you don't need a +10 set, a +6 set with +8 chest or something similar is enough.
And this isn't wrong.
But that's sill a lot of farming just for 1 class. You can't really expect to have 3~4 classes geared like that if you are a F2P, what kinda defeats EE porpuse to play around several classes.
Even when you use VGN to speed your progress, you need to think: Should I fortify and reset a set for Ranger or for Templar? You are most likely to be tempeted to gear a Light set since you will be able to use it for Engineer, Martial Arist and Ranger.
So as much as we all understand that as GM you need to be concerned about logenvity, we also want you to understand our side, because we know you were a EE player too. In your free time, would you be able to build at least 3 classes you want to play, without feeling that people who are spending a lot of money to gear all classes aren't having a unfair advantage?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tuti said:

I think everyone says game is pay2win becaise being realistic it consumes to much gold to get even 1 single +10 item right know.

I agree however most of the suggestions I see on forums just try to make the game more P2W, rigth now cash players want gold for mostly for 3 things:

1. Buy stones. 

2.Doing archivements (BP and crafts cost money). 

3. Chisels and cosmetics. 

If you add stones to the cash shop they will be complaining next about chisels only being on altar and then costumes, then on cap 70 or maybe in a few weeks  if these changes are implemented and when there are no more archivements they really wont be needing gold at all since they can just cash up everything the game has to offer. Then the gold which is the currency that free players handle would be worthless and free players would just start quitting the game since they don´t have means to cacht up with the rest.

On free to play games it is needed somehow of balance between ingame currencies and cash shop items in order to let the game last longer by keeping the population of the server.

Most people say than on X or Y server they do this or that and want to implemente those things here but the server conditions are really different, alpaca capsules were implemented on servers which were more than 2 years old as a way to help new player to gear, for example I remember that being implemented in aeria spanish server on cap 70 or 75 were 14 stones were released ( I remember using they to upgrade my awaken set while keeping altars stones for my weapons ). But this server only have months It is still to early at least in my opinion specially since there is not that much content as in awaken server at the current time. 

I do still think that the way upgrade system it is at the moment need to chance since it is still difficult for free players to gear up but any suggestion should  be made with caution to do not make things worse. For example I still think that stones capped by level (like chisels and stardust) should be a somewhat realliable option however if applied it should be on cap 70 with time to the community to manage  since applying right now would do more harm than good to the economy since a 180 degree change like that out of nowhere would be really awfu. Also not only cash player are harding stones, some free players too.

• Like 1

Greetings, everyone.

It seems like a crucial point is being very much overlooked which is that P2W players are also complaning about the current situation, not only F2P players. As things are right now, and I cannot and won't speak for everyone, P2W players (like me) are fed up for spending their money and just not seeing any kind of change. You say that EC are the thing that is selling most from the cash shop and that would be absolutely right, and that is only because there is literaly nothing else to spend your cash on. Let me break it down for you from a perspective of someone that charged cash within Classic recently.

You charge whatever amount you can afford and that would go either towards your personal benefit of gearing up by buing upgrades such as Stones, Chisels, Costumes, Mounts, etc. You open up cash shop and realize there are 0 Stones, 0 Chisels, only a handful of the same white basic costumes, 0 Mounts, etc. The only thing worth buying at the current state of the cash shop content is either EC and EP packs (if you're still working for achievements but once you're done, no current usage to buy them) and that's pretty much it. See now why you say only EC's are selling out? Because it is the only option to use your AP on having no other choices.

Now, you say, ok I will buy ECs so I can get the benefit I need, for example I wanna spend cash on fortifying my set but I cannot buy stones directly. I will either a) Roll the Altar and see if I get lucky or b) Sell the ECs to F2P people and buy the stones directly from someone that rolled Altar. Theres only a big catch with both of those options:

Option a) Rolling Altar: If you roll the Altar, and if you're lucky, you might get some 10% stones. If you're lucky. I personally rolled the Altar multiple times (Over 100 ECs at once) and got hardly 4-10 Stones. Now, it has already been established that you need over 30-50 Stones to just try to fortify 1 Item from +9 to +10. Total you'd need some over 100 if not more stones (SS, +7-8,+9-10 stones) to get just 1 peace of gear to +10. This is something that has been mentioned before that even if you roll your chances on Altar, you may just not get at all enough stones to fortify just 1 peace of equipment at all, regardless if you spend 30-100 USD on it. Yes, you may get other things along the way and sell them to ultimately buy the stones from someone else but that leads me to the second option.

Option b) Selling ECs: You decided that you don't wanna take your chances on Altar and getting nothing, you'd rather sell your ECs and buy the stones directly. Only that ECs don't really sell that well. Everyone is selling them and only a handful really buys them because of the mentioned above odds. The few people that decide to buy a few ECs at a time will most probably get between 1-2 stones from their roll which they will use for themselves with a 99% confidence. At one point it was said that not only P2W players "hoard" their stones but also F2P players, and that might be right. The reason for this is that P2W players that roll Altar get only enough stones for themselves to use. The spare they get are being held onto until a better weapon drops or they make a new set they really need. Why do they hold onto them to? Because it is extremly difficult to get them again and they don't want to risk selling the few they have only to needing to get them again in a few days and not being able to. You cannot really buy them from people because theres very few people actually selling them, for the above mentioned reasons, and the few that do sell them are really pricey. Like above mentioned, around 700g one stone.

Now, if you payed attention its at least 30-50 for one item to roll +9 to +10. Imagine having to buy 30 at least just for 1 weapon that's 21k of gold. Okay, it's doable, I'm not saying it's not. I can make that money in a couple of days just by doing daily entries, however, the gold isn't the issue. The supply is. Even if you got the 21k of gold, you will not find someone selling you 30 stones. At best you may get 1 or two from multiple people.

Conclusion. Nobody is complaining about the rates, nobody is complaining that there isn't enough gold, nobody is complaining that things are too hard to farm. You want people spending AP but those people have nothing to spend the AP on. What should they buy, Exp Charms that you can farm for free? After they're done buying Auric or Iris Jewels and got all to 65 (Which on it's on takes about a week max) what then, buying expensive furniture for their Base? White or Green pets? Tons of World Calls? Racial gathering that you can buy from others cheaper? You're not giving P2W players to spend their cash on since ECs are virtually worthless if you want to roll them to gear up unless you spend 500 EC to try and get enough stones to fortify 1 item only, you cannot sell them to get enough gold, and even if you do the gold you get it's extremly hard to find someone selling the stones you need. 

Like it was mentioned earlier, this is a multiclass game, you cannot expect anyone to pour weeks to months to gear up to +10 and +6 set for 1 class only, what about the rest? Yes, don't make it easy to gear up everything in a week, but you cannot expect people to also spend weeks/months to gear up just one of the current 16 Classes and nothing else, it's just not entertaining since the whole point of this game is the multiclassing. You cannot expect people to stick to only 1 single class. Besides, the amount of money and time you need to gear up only 1 class is very much plausible that by the time you reach that point a new cap has been released and all that you worked for you didn't even have any chance to fully take advantage of and becomes obsolete. Same way as you cannot expect to make people believe they should not get their gear to +10. You need to give the opportunity for people to chose if they want themselves geared to +10 or +6 only, it's not your call to make. If someone wants to make their Gun for PVE purposes +10 it's their call, not yours and they should not be having the oportunity taken away just because you feel like it's "unnecessary". Don't chose for the people, give the choice to them.

If you're unhappy with people wanting to have their gear +10 to which you keep repeating that at the current state you do not need to get +10 then why did you even give the choice to the people? You could just easily have taken the resources necessary to get +10 gear and only make everyone max getting +6. Obviously if you give people the oportunity to be +10 they will want to take it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tuti said:

Although you points are valid you also need to factor in the futue.

What do I mean by this? Well how much of the gearing gold is being spent on achievements and how much gold right now is being spent on achievements? It's fine to sit there now and say "fortifying is too expensive" but what about in 6months time when 80% of the population is done with achievements and that constantly gold sink has been removed from the game for the most part. How much money out of peoples daily income can now be put towards stones and other misc items to help them gear a class. How much extra gold will people have that they didn't have before. You can't just make stones rarer in the future as then that just gives the hoarders a fast track to gold in future. I don't see why people have such an issue with spending a couple of hours for a few days to get atleast 1 gear maxed is so hard?

6 hours ago, Tuti said:

So as much as we all understand that as GM you need to be concerned about logenvity, we also want you to understand our side, because we know you were a EE player too. In your free time, would you be able to build at least 3 classes you want to play, without feeling that people who are spending a lot of money to gear all classes aren't having a unfair advantage?

Regarding this specific point. I'd love a server like this if I was still an EE player this is so refreshing to see it be actually hard to gear classes. I'm not someone who's going to get hung up over a bit of grinding, I love the grind and I only wish I was allowed to play this server because I'm telling you now I'd love every second of it. Ofcourse it sucks to be limited to 1 or 2 classes to focus on but at the end of the day thats how the game always was before private servers came along.

I also wouldn't find it "unfair" for people spending a lot of money to gear all their classes because thats how life is. Some people have more money than others and nothing will ever be fair. Is it fair that some people are stuck with same phone for 2-3 years when others swap their phone yearly? Is this something the person who has the older phone be something they can blame the person selling them for or something they need to fix on their own by working overtime or finding a more effcient way to earn money? Life is life and the richer people in society will always have an edge but as stated in my original response its far from pay2win. You can easily bridge the gap by working harder than them.

3 minutes ago, Folkichan said:

To be quite honest nothing said here make much sense or atleast is on the fence about how relevant it actually is. Eden Crystals work because they're diverse. You can get charms if you want to get charms, you can get fortification stones if you want fortification stones and you can get them. Then if you feel out of luck and just want some money to spend on things instead you can sell them to others and use the gold earned to spend on other things. Who in there right mind for example, would buy a flat price costume in game in-order-to trade to another player unless the player is either a friend or paying what is perceived to be way over the costumes worth. Flat price never works in this type of environment as the chances of profitting are dragged down because of it.

Now onto the arguement you both made about putting months into gearing a class.

I have news for you, this game is free to play and there is addiquet ways to make money within the game that will give you gold that in return you can trade for various different items such as stones, corona's, eternal coins. There is no justifyable arguement that "I have less time" or "people don't have the same time they used too" as simply this is incorrect. Many players sit in game for 6-8hours a day farming and using various means to earn gold, this is more of a you issue than a game issue. You cannot expect things to be made easier because of this as it ruins if for the others who take it on the nose and get on with it, like they did before.

Now can we make stones easier? Ofcourse but that isn't the point. The second we made Safety Stones easier the next complain comes at their upper tiers and then at Corona's and then at something else. This is a mindset issue where people expect it to be like Awaken where 1 day of your dungeons can effectively gear a class. Which is fine for a server we so much stuff that can be done on a daily basis that most people have to miss out on certain content as they simply don't need it much or don't have time for it. But what does Classic have? Achievements? Gear? Then what? PvP only takes you so far before you get bored of having too much of it, trials only have so much value before you have everything you want from it and whats the point in farming gold when you have nothing to buy? Nobody ever factors in the shelf life of this content. Things get better in the later level when content starts to get wider such as Sky Tower / S-Trials / Temple Knight but right now you only have trials and pvp.

To be honest this topics becoming rather stale and going on about making changes that don't fit on a private server with a good player count but nothing that could ever match the official server. None of these changes such as flat prices will provide any benefit to the server and if not just hinder the non-paying players more as you're basically slowly killing the value of spending AP in a mindset of making money rather than getting a nice costume. So I'm going to more or less leave this topic as it stands. If I see something of value I'll make a response to the specific point but to be honest Bash said it best.

Just to add at the end...

The only arguement that I see that can be made fairly is the fact of time. Why should you invest in your gear when X gear comes in Y time. Thats the only arguement that in my eyes at the moment has some good fundamental backing other than "I want things cheaper".

• Like 1

Greetings.

First and foremost I will put this on the begining of my text because I know you don't actually care enough to read because if you did you would at least uderstand what we're talking about rather than taking snipets and just commenting on that.

Gold is easy to farm but there is no sellers of stones to buy from. Period. So stop saying over and over that we want gold farming easier and stuff like that that wasn't mentioned at all not even once within this whole thread.

Again for the 3rd time the crucial fact is overlooked, there simply isn't enough stones suply to either buy or use because nobody sells them, the few that are sold are not enough and you also hardly get any from the Altar. You say that ECs work for everything, yes, but if  you're aiming for something specific you might just not get it at all. Gearing up shouldn't be a spinning wheel of luck of "What will I do this week? I only got racial farming so I guess I'll do that. Oh this week I got 5 SS, I'll gear up. Oh this week I got lots of charms, I'll do leveling" but a thing one should be able to do any any given point they feel is necessary, not to be taking your chances on having the gold and not being able to buy what you need regardless of how rich you are. You need to gear up, you do it.

You say there is no point on buying the rest of the totally not useful things from Cash Shop then why do you even put it in there? Rather than that put things that actually matter, heck even in the official servers you have 10% Stones for AP purchase directly, Primes and Golden Gear on literally 1st row of Altar and it has just as many people running around Aven and leaving Shops as this server and yes I downloaded the US Aeria version to check it.

Spoiler

dx8fEqJ.png

Spoiler

KCnBmSn.png

Their Altars have stones, Costumes Prime and Legendary and change all the time whilst yours give Alpha costumes, always the same ones, alpha pets, 10% stones, and lots of useless stuff like the gathering aids (you can farm tons free), repair hammers (unnecessary due to guild repair), TP stones (useless after qusting is done), 2 times Megaphones? Seriously? And you expect me or anyone else to pay cash to that? I might just get more rolling my AP on the 1st 2 rows on the official server and get more than some dyes and repair hammers or a white repeated mount in here.

You say for being a PVT server it's easier and cheaper but as I see it in comparison is just as bad or even worse than the official server.

The GMs refuse to see that there is a stone supply issue, they believe that everything is ok, that the only people complaining are people that don't spend money and when people spend money and complain also then it's just your trouble, not of the GMs. People that play since the server opened and have gear to +10 which they profited when the server started keep on GMs side just because they already got geared and don't wanna others to catch up and the ones that cannot catch up are imediately tagged as lazy crybabies just because it is impossible to catch up if it isn't in a months time at which that point would everything already been obsolete due to the next cap.

I came here with respect, pouring time into thinking my words through, reading through all topics to see what the people are asking for and finding a vaild argument that would make you see what you obviously don't want to see, that you have a problem but you're content enough to sweep it under the rug because you still got some people left supporting you. Once they're gone and this server ends up abandoned just like Awakening, then what will you do? Once you lose people, you won't get them back and I'm tired of writing and explaining every single point to a degree a toddler would understand just for you to keep saying that "there is no problem with anything, everything is fine as it is." If everything was fine, then there wouldn't be people complaining, and I see it daily, donors leaving, F2P players fed up, P2W players complaining that PVP isn't happening, it's just spiraling out of control and you refuse to take any action because you're just too scared of what would people think of you.

I gave my money and my time into this server believing it would be different this time, that when all of the past servers I played on EE failed or closed down that this time it wouldn't happen again, that this time the GMs would actually listen and do something before it was late, but it seems like EE has a curse and either it was designed to fail from the beginning or it's just unlucky to always be managed by the same type of people. People that don't care to listen and give people what they're asking for and thinking they know better.

It was a good run, I will probably give this server a few days more worth of grinding for the old times sake and nostalgia and then move on to another game that at least gives some attention to their community.

PS: Just close down this topic, it doesn't matter how many people come forward you just won't read any of it regardless. I tried to voice the issues again after seeing closed topics thinking this time at least something would go through to you but I understand now why nobody else wants to pick up the fight, because you just don't take any of the comments seriously. 

There is no point talking to a rock.

15 minutes ago, Folkichan said:

Gold is easy to farm but there is no sellers of stones to buy from. Period. So stop saying over and over that we want gold farming easier and stuff like that that wasn't mentioned at all not even once within this whole thread.

As the last topic addressed this was a one single week issue. Every single week I log on and every single week the booths are full of stones and so is the peer chat sellers. This was already something addressed in the previous topic so stop beating a dead horse. My bad will be fixed next week stop going on about it.

17 minutes ago, Folkichan said:

You say there is no point on buying the rest of the totally not useful things from Cash Shop then why do you even put it in there? Rather than that put things that actually matter, heck even in the official servers you have 10% Stones for AP purchase directly, Primes and Golden Gear on literally 1st row of Altar and it has just as many people running around Aven and leaving Shops as this server and yes I downloaded the US Aeria version to check it.

21 minutes ago, Folkichan said:

Their Altars have stones, Costumes Prime and Legendary and change all the time whilst yours give Alpha costumes, always the same ones, alpha pets, 10% stones, and lots of useless stuff like the gathering aids (you can farm tons free), repair hammers (unnecessary due to guild repair), TP stones (useless after qusting is done), 2 times Megaphones? Seriously? And you expect me or anyone else to pay cash to that? I might just get more rolling my AP on the 1st 2 rows on the official server and get more than some dyes and repair hammers or a white repeated mount in here.

You say for being a PVT server it's easier and cheaper but as I see it in comparison is just as bad or even worse than the official server.

Congratulations you logged into a server that has legendary costumes and +17 fortifications! Guess what, the cash shop didn't look anything like that when the game was in this server current state so not really sure what your angle is here. Going by your logic why don't we shove +17 stones in, mana infuse so people have to burn through 100's of Alpha costumes and Legendary costumes.

You're comparing the state of a server at level 90 content to a server at the start of 65 content. If this is really the level you stoop to then this really is a waste of everyones time. Nobody wears prime costumes anymore as your missing out on stats. Also to the fact that their Blue EC's are like 80%+ land chance vs ours that never cross the 50% mark, never have never will.

People asked us not to release Legendary Costumes from day one. Legendary costumes didn't exist until 75 cap was already mostly done and even then they where half complete junk. So I don't get why you're again beating a dead horse.

Why are you comparing our server to Aeria today. Apples to Oranges.

I'd also like to point out we never advertised our server as a private server where things are easier or cheaper. However, I can promise you this if you spend $100 on Aeria in 2010 and you spend $100 here with the same setup. You'd get more for your money for sure here. You can't compare a server thats throwing stuff at the players because they simply don't care about the game to a server thats doing everything in there power to keep people busy.

24 minutes ago, Folkichan said:

The GMs refuse to see that there is a stone supply issue, they believe that everything is ok, that the only people complaining are people that don't spend money and when people spend money and complain also then it's just your trouble, not of the GMs. People that play since the server opened and have gear to +10 which they profited when the server started keep on GMs side just because they already got geared and don't wanna others to catch up and the ones that cannot catch up are imediately tagged as lazy crybabies just because it is impossible to catch up if it isn't in a months time at which that point would everything already been obsolete due to the next cap

Idk if you bothered to even read the other post but I took ownership of the supply problem. I apologized for it. Nothing can be done till next maintenance and to be quite honest 99% of people would simply wait for the trials to drop before forting at this rate anyway. There isn't normally a supply problem and I can verify this for a fact as I'm always logging in checking the booths checking the chat  this was a first. Don't come at me saying I don't bother to read your responses when i've already addressed this issue in another post (Which you refered to in your current post)

29 minutes ago, Folkichan said:

I gave my money and my time into this server believing it would be different this time, that when all of the past servers I played on EE failed or closed down that this time it wouldn't happen again, that this time the GMs would actually listen and do something before it was late, but it seems like EE has a curse and either it was designed to fail from the beginning or it's just unlucky to always be managed by the same type of people. People that don't care to listen and give people what they're asking for and thinking they know better.

You came here suggesting we change the entire backend of a game system, the entire fundamentals of what markets this game on a whim that "hey can't knock it till you try it".

-------------

You're very hypocritical to be quite honest. You reiterate the same points over and over pushing your agenda of "This is marketed all wrong, make it like MOBA" and then complain when instead of reiterating what I've already said isn't possible just simply addressing the points that haven't been address you claim its being ignored. But then you go on about how theres a supply issue which has already be brought up and addressed in the post that inspired this. You then compare a server that has legendary costumes and +17 stones that charge 10x the price for Eden Crystals with the attitude of "They have it why can't we".

I've already stated in the other post I'm not against making stones more accessible and making more ways for the free to play market to join in but can't just remaket an entire game on a whim. There is a lot of people happy with the way the game currently is and there is a lot of people unhappy with how the game is. I'm constantly making changes and looking into suggestions but often times my time is wasted replying to posts such as this when someone can't let something be and insist on pushing something instead of agreeing to disagree.

The post labels it as the  "Current State of the Server" but that simply isn't the case. You can walk around around Aven and see that this isn't an accurate representation of the server at all. Now again I'm not saying everythings rose petals and fairy tales but your posting acting like the servers on fire when its simply just not. You'd also be a fool to call it worse than Aeria at the same content stage. If people want easy fortifications and legendary gears they have Awaken Server for that. If people want old school gameplay with primes and hard fortifications then we have Classic for that.

I'd also like to point out I did read your suggestion and I will just simply state I did explain why nothing in this thread would be done. Please read my original response for that.

-----------

I apologize if anything I've said has come across as ignorant or rude. That is not my intentions as I hold nothing against people who make suggestions.

4 hours ago, Folkichan said:

The GMs refuse to see that there is a stone supply issue, they believe that everything is ok, that the only people complaining are people that don't spend money and when people spend money and complain also then it's just your trouble, not of the GMs. People that play since the server opened and have gear to +10 which they profited when the server started keep on GMs side just because they already got geared and don't wanna others to catch up and the ones that cannot catch up are imediately tagged as lazy crybabies just because it is impossible to catch up if it isn't in a months time at which that point would everything already been obsolete due to the next cap.

I came here with respect, pouring time into thinking my words through, reading through all topics to see what the people are asking for and finding a vaild argument that would make you see what you obviously don't want to see, that you have a problem but you're content enough to sweep it under the rug because you still got some people left supporting you. Once they're gone and this server ends up abandoned just like Awakening, then what will you do? Once you lose people, you won't get them back and I'm tired of writing and explaining every single point to a degree a toddler would understand just for you to keep saying that "there is no problem with anything, everything is fine as it is." If everything was fine, then there wouldn't be people complaining, and I see it daily, donors leaving, F2P players fed up, P2W players complaining that PVP isn't happening, it's just spiraling out of control and you refuse to take any action because you're just too scared of what would people think of you.

You've spoken previously about you working in this kind of job. You know what it's like to make decisions and act in this kind of situation or were you just a clerk answering tickets like a robot?

The only problem I am seeing here is you're not happy we didn't agree with you and are kicking a fuss over it.

You speak about there is a Safety Stone issue let's see, out of 9913 different players currently playing our game the following amount of Safety Stones exist:

Viridian Lucky Safety Stone : 3054
Safety Stone : 2887
Lucky Safety Stone : 1651
Viridian Safety Stone : 1421

Where is the problem?

May I also add, this is on the basis that Safety Stones have not been as common this week due to Jordan admitting he messed up a little. So what is the problem here? You're asking us to make changes when YOU the players have control of this item not us it seems.

Numbers do not lie and we can see there isn't a problem with how many a player can obtain but more what YOU the playerbase are doing to these items yourselves so please.... Don't go starting to say we're not doing anything, we see the numbers ourselves and we know the problem, we're just trying to find a medium that doesn't go screwing everyone.

Those are also weak attempts at trying to insult us btw when all we've done is disagree with you and your ideas (which we are entitled to may I add).

4 hours ago, Jordan said:

I also wouldn't find it "unfair" for people spending a lot of money to gear all their classes because thats how life is. Some people have more money than others and nothing will ever be fair. Is it fair that some people are stuck with same phone for 2-3 years when others swap their phone yearly? Is this something the person who has the older phone be something they can blame the person selling them for or something they need to fix on their own by working overtime or finding a more effcient way to earn money? Life is life and the richer people in society will always have an edge but as stated in my original response its far from pay2win. You can easily bridge the gap by working harder than them.

I kinda understand what you say here, and it is truth. But we are not in the society, we are in a game where some stuff can be change to diminish the gap between those people.
This gap NEEDS to exist, even if its for gearing faster or just for costumes. That's how a FreeToPlay MMO works. You either have people droping a lot of money for costumes or for gearing faster. We know that servers where people paid a lot just for costumes ended up with a kinda bad economy. So its actually good to have a server where people are paying more to grow than to be cute.
But all I'm saying, and I'm trying to make suggestions is about making that "gap SMALLER"
I do agree that some people are coming with crazy suggestions about it that will just feed the server with a lot of stones and defeat your idea to make progress slow for the sake of longevity.
But I'd also like to hear your thoughts about some of those. Not just like "its possible or its not possible."
One suggestion I'm been giving is about making the 10% stones to 20% or 15%.
That would be possible like, to be done even with racial crafting like we have the +2% on Lucky and Normal stone.
I'm only using this suggestion as example because I've given that like 2~3 times and I never got a answer like "I don't think that's good because of x or y" and when we hear why you don't think a suggestion is good we can think about how to make it better to make it a suggestion possible to work.
I think at this point that we have a lot of people quite happy with the server and a lot of people unhappy, everyone has to give in a little bit. People need to accept that fortification will NEVER and should never be easy in this server. And GMS (I believe you guys are doing it) also accept that I can't be THAT hard.
So I understand that reading forum and writting answers consumes a portion of your time you could be making actual changes, but in some subjects and suggestion is good to have you doing that because we can then addapt and look for new ways to improve something we want to be changed.

I'm sorry I'm kinda going off topic not discussing his suggestion.
Not trying to attack anyone, but I'm just tired that every suggestions seems to be something like: Feed the server with 900000 stones for F2P to be happy leaving people with 0 reasons to buy VGN in classic.
Or add 3000 rewards for cashers to have all items +10 easier and leave the F2P unhappy so they can quit and people will have 0 reasons to buy VGN in classic because its pointless to have a lot of +10 gears but no one to fight against.
I'm also not point the OP suggestion to be going in any of those directions. I just went a bit off topic because everywhere is a new discussion about stones and Jordan already said its not possible to make his suggestions.

We understand that you guys are looking for a slower progression but i believe half of the people that are complaining about the server been too ''p2w'' are because you guys put 3 caps in 3 months not leaving any time for casual players or the ones that doesnt spend $ to catch up, thats why we have this hoarding stones problem because as soon as someone fort a weapon they are already thinking about the next cap, why is it like this? because there is not enough places to farm gold, highlands you will get 600-1k gold on cap 60, on 65 is even less, all dgs if you aren't geared enough you gonna take years to clearn 0/10 and to be honest even if you wanna sell run everything is sht xp/cp besides trials and century 0/10, increase the drop rate on other dgs, and lower the cp from century runs so ppl have more runners and dgs to sell instead of only century been worth buying.

Also stop with this cap rush, if you guys are looking for longevity there is no reasson to rush to the last cap this server will have in only 1 year, i also hope you don't change anything on the awaken weapons so ppl can choose between keeping their old 65 goldens or the awaken ones, it would just make more ppl give up when they are forced to +10 more weapons right after finishing others.

56 minutes ago, Yukani said:

We understand that you guys are looking for a slower progression but i believe half of the people that are complaining about the server been too ''p2w'' are because you guys put 3 caps in 3 months not leaving any time for casual players or the ones that doesnt spend $ to catch up, thats why we have this hoarding stones problem because as soon as someone fort a weapon they are already thinking about the next cap, why is it like this? because there is not enough places to farm gold, highlands you will get 600-1k gold on cap 60, on 65 is even less, all dgs if you aren't geared enough you gonna take years to clearn 0/10 and to be honest even if you wanna sell run everything is sht xp/cp besides trials and century 0/10, increase the drop rate on other dgs, and lower the cp from century runs so ppl have more runners and dgs to sell instead of only century been worth buying.

Also stop with this cap rush, if you guys are looking for longevity there is no reasson to rush to the last cap this server will have in only 1 year, i also hope you don't change anything on the awaken weapons so ppl can choose between keeping their old 65 goldens or the awaken ones, it would just make more ppl give up when they are forced to +10 more weapons right after finishing others.

It's been explained numerous times about the caps and yet you still use that against us? Pathetic.

Beta was meant to be 60 cap from the start but we agreed to do 55 and launch at 60 due to us being in a more stable position if we intended on rolling back any changes made during Beta (Explained in numerous introduction posts but you choose to ignore it and use it against us, weak). We're not burning through content, YOU and many other players demanded us to update to 65 cap or you'd quit already because of boredom.

55 cap does not hold enough content for longevity and neither does 60 cap. However, 65 has different phases and we can phase this in longer, as does the other caps, you're missing that part here as well for someone who claims to know the game very well.

Don't even go there about "casual" players either, there are several top players in this server who play casual and are top above the paying player. The difference we're missing here is the EFFORT required that you can't grasp because you'd rather click 3 buttons and be done.

The biggest issue here with Classic is everyone expected similar rates to Awaken when it was made clear to everyone that we were not aiming for a quick experience. That was made clear with the rates we chose as well, we don't mind holding back content but when there is a huge demand and you know the "we're not listening" phrases threw about we have to act.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Bash said:

It's been explained numerous times about the caps and yet you still use that against us? Pathetic.

Beta was meant to be 60 cap from the start but we agreed to do 55 and launch at 60 due to us being in a more stable position if we intended on rolling back any changes made during Beta (Explained in numerous introduction posts but you choose to ignore it and use it against us, weak). We're not burning through content, YOU and many other players demanded us to update to 65 cap or you'd quit already because of boredom.

55 cap does not hold enough content for longevity and neither does 60 cap. However, 65 has different phases and we can phase this in longer, as does the other caps, you're missing that part here as well for someone who claims to know the game very well.

Don't even go there about "casual" players either, there are several top players in this server who play casual and are top above the paying player. The difference we're missing here is the EFFORT required that you can't grasp because you'd rather click 3 buttons and be done.

The biggest issue here with Classic is everyone expected similar rates to Awaken when it was made clear to everyone that we were not aiming for a quick experience. That was made clear with the rates we chose as well, we don't mind holding back content but when there is a huge demand and you know the "we're not listening" phrases threw about we have to act.

This post is kind of more funny than useful.

I have looked through the forums again and news post again just to be sure somehow I didn't miss something.  There was no "Schedule" for the future caps other than 65 (which was posted like 2 weeks ago).  If I'm wrong then sure my bad.
This doesn't change the obvious problem of if you don't play the game as a job or use your job money in the game you will not be able to compete.  I don't personally know who would want 65 cap so fast other than the 5% of players who rushed through the content to gear.  Up until the last week I've seen many players STILL trying to finish a lvl 60 weapon for one class but ok everyone wanted 65 cap.
I won't deny 65 cap has more content in it and definitely easier to plan around.  But your claim everyone wanted it is kind of silly as its just obviously not true.  Who is your top casual player that is higher than the others?  You base this on hours played or the amount of $ spent?  For me a casual is 4-5 hours a day and even that is high sometimes.  There are very few top players atm who are "casual" without spending a lot of money.  
No one is asking for rates similar to awaken.  What we want is the ability to enjoy the game like on awaken.  Atm a hardcore player can build 1 weapon and 1 set? and probably won't waste time on another cause who knows when the new cap is cause there was no schedule.  If you want to complain about people giving you feedback and giving suggestions you should probably disappear again like you did before.  Many if not all posts regarding the game have had feedback and a suggestion, while not always good, its not always bad either.  The disregarding of the post is ridiculous and should be looked into rather than insulting a player trying to give you their feedback to help the game they love.  
Calling someone pathetic because you get upset is laughable and pathetic in itself.  The game is in a silly spot and yes its part the players fault but its not all their fault.  Take responsibility for some actions rather than just say its for our best interest without any concrete proof its good for us.

1 hour ago, Bash said:

No it doesnt been explained numerous times since you guys only mentioned and accepted that you guys are looking to be more clear about when the new patches are coming less than 1 month ago.

And if what you are saying is true there wouldnt be this stone hoarding problems as even YOU accepted there is, because they would know when a cap is coming out or if its worth to gear or not, And if i am weak, someone that delete,edit and close any post that he dont agree with or make you get less $ is what?

And if you wanna talk about ''ignoring'' stuff no one forgot of you saying that you guys already pay for the BEST server there is, then 1 month later say that you guys are upgrading for a BETTER server, or when your great GS Vyzer that me and half of the server always reported for abusing of ecs, gold and dupping bugs to have unlimited gold what happened? nothing untill he get banned for sharing a video of ur other great main GS, and the biggest joke is that he back with all his gold and ecs and kept doing the same sht until he gets banned again after years that he back and kept abusing of all bugs possible. And if you wanna be smart and lie saying he didint get banned because of sharing something on discord and the reasson was because of the exploiting and dupping abuse i actually have 2 tickets one of you guys saying he got banned because of the bug and other of jordan saying he got banned because of the discord thing.

You can also find any post of ME saying i wanted cap 65 so fast or anytime, you or vivi are also welcome to search my chat logs in-game (Even private ones btw) like she did last time to try to find it. Thats one of the reasson why half of ur server population either quit awaken server or hate you and ViVi, not because everyone is wrong, because of how antiprofessional you both are,Thats the only reasson they made another private server and some ppl went there, not because they loved normal class, they were just tired of you two.

Another funny thing is that your classic server ''casual'' players who doesnt spend $ have gold and gears since day 1 because they all had unlimited gold and itens on awaken server and sold all for AP to use on classic server and get advantage over others since day 1, gratz to your old gs and friend Vyzer that you guys took 3 years to ban even after knowing everything he did

Can also go ahead and make more rules of ''Staff'' harrasment or another topic on forums like before because of 1 player replying you on the same way you do with everyone else on forum.

And if you wanna talk about knowledge or been a good ''casual'' player you seems to have the same knowledge on this game of someone that started 1 week ago if you think the only thing that the server wont be able to hold the players because they are 1 month without new content when they haven't finished the previous one yet, following ur logic the game would reach the last cap in 1 year and then what? since the only thing that hold the playerbase is the content not pvp, also if your so worried about me only wanting to press 3 buttons, which is more than enough for half of the classes on this game btw, you can search for someone that can beat me in any class on ur awk server.

1 hour ago, SuperDork said:

It was always stated that 65 would arrive in time for Summer so people always had a ballpark time frame for when 65 was coming and the reason we gave time frames on 65 cap was because of feedback that people would prefer an exact date rather than a ballpark figure.

You only have to spend 10mins in game and looking at tickets to see a very clear community wide message of "When's 65 cap". We have GS staff who hate logging into the Classic server because the second people know they're online they're being spammed about when is 65 cap and its one of the reasons the whole "rant" by myself was made on the announcement thread because you have a lot of the community not even trying to play 60 cap and just crying about 65 cap. June was always my target date for 65 cap and the demand was clearly there for it hence why it was released. I do however plan to extend 65 as long as possible as its a much more desirable cap than 60 cap was for the majority.

Calling someone pathetic because you get upset is laughable and pathetic in itself.  The game is in a silly spot and yes its part the players fault but its not all their fault.  Take responsibility for some actions rather than just say its for our best interest without any concrete proof its good for us.

You're talking to a person who doesn't really touch the game outside of what I need him to do. So his only exposure to the player base for the most part is these forums which as you can imagine from reading it's hard to have a positive attitude to many of you as quite honestly a lot of the shit that is posted here is as whiney as the next. Now I'm not going to sit here and say Yukani is terrible and all their posts are waffle but idk if you've looked through their posts but more often than not its a very bold and usually a very negative opinion about anything and everything. So if your only exposure to that attitude from a person who can your default reaction to seeing them post be "Here we go again another complaint".

3 hours ago, Yukani said:

Just to state this is a response to your original response and not your most recent.

Idk where your logic comes from that at 65 you get less gold? If you farm Highlands at level 60 or level 100 it doesn't matter, you don't get more or less drops depending on your level and you don't get more or less gold based on your level either. So I'm not really sure what you're trying to prove here.

I'm also not sure if you're blind or not but there was technically no level 55 cap. If you even read our beta post we state fully from day 1 that 60 cap was our actual launch cap and that the only reason we capped the beta at 55 was so that people could progress their character but not max it out in beta. So unless you're blind this is a pretty ignorant excuse on your part. However, if you feel the 65 cap was too soon that can be a discussion to be had and we can try to extend 65 longer if you feel this is best for the game. Having a bad attitude however, against someone who the moment he got online was asking me for information and looking over the in game stats with me to try and see the game from your guys angle is not the right approach either. Yeh you can call his response a bit much but you came here with an attitude that sucks and you always do, every single post you direct at us is always so negative. So Idk what you expect when people talk back to you like you talk to them.

I also don't really care if you dislike me or them or both. If you enjoy the game and you want to put forward your opinions to make the server better you can go about it better. I know you genuinely care more than you say you do since you're the first to put in a ticket when you feel something unfair or something needs fixing and you're also very active on forums.

• Thanks 1

Take 5 minutes to read the difference in your posts.
Yes I personally don't agree with everything you do Jordan and yes I saw in game basically same 5 people spamming 65 cap.  It has already come can't change it.  Same problems exist still and will continue to exist.  I see your side of the argument but I'm sure you can see mine.  There needs to be more things in game to enable players to keep up with work and have it not be relying fully on RNG.  I've said many times you can fail these stones many times and that is the main issue.  Essences and stardusts are both expensive too because of altar placement.  Yes it has gotten better in last altars with 55 being lower tier at least but I'm sure you understand this point as well. All I ask is take the suggestions into consideration instead of write almost all of them off as "Its just whining and want things for free"  
Bash, you are a joke of a GM and I wish you would keep your low intelligence comments out of the forums.  If you have to go to Jordan for info you clearly are not in the loop enough to comment.  Leave it to Jordan.  Go to a people speaking school maybe too because for some reason you feel like its going to fix the server if you try to belittle me. 

This post is kind of more funny than useful.

I have looked through the forums again and news post again just to be sure somehow I didn't miss something.  There was no "Schedule" for the future caps other than 65 (which was posted like 2 weeks ago).  If I'm wrong then sure my bad.
This doesn't change the obvious problem of if you don't play the game as a job or use your job money in the game you will not be able to compete.  I don't personally know who would want 65 cap so fast other than the 5% of players who rushed through the content to gear.  Up until the last week I've seen many players STILL trying to finish a lvl 60 weapon for one class but ok everyone wanted 65 cap.
I won't deny 65 cap has more content in it and definitely easier to plan around.  But your claim everyone wanted it is kind of silly as its just obviously not true.  Who is your top casual player that is higher than the others?  You base this on hours played or the amount of $ spent?  For me a casual is 4-5 hours a day and even that is high sometimes.  There are very few top players atm who are "casual" without spending a lot of money.  
No one is asking for rates similar to awaken.  What we want is the ability to enjoy the game like on awaken.  Atm a hardcore player can build 1 weapon and 1 set? and probably won't waste time on another cause who knows when the new cap is cause there was no schedule.  If you want to complain about people giving you feedback and giving suggestions you should probably disappear again like you did before.  Many if not all posts regarding the game have had feedback and a suggestion, while not always good, its not always bad either.  The disregarding of the post is ridiculous and should be looked into rather than insulting a player trying to give you their feedback to help the game they love.  

There is no schedule for caps no, my statement was based on how we presented 55 and 60 cap. @Yukani held it against us about doing 3 level caps in 3 months when we clearly advised to everyone due to the lack of content 55 had we would launch with 60 and use 55 as a basis for Beta. You forget we had a Beta that only lasted 2 weeks so technically your first cap was 3+ months later not 3 caps in 3 months. It's a weak and pathetic statement to use as a basis to where we are apparently going wrong.

Also I never called anyone pathetic, the statement was pathetic not the person.

We had a lot of requests on a day to day basis to release 65 cap and from a whole range of players, we've had conversations on the forums of people demanding it to be released. We acted based on a lot of factors that we believed were right for the server, infact we grew again once the patch was released so explain exactly where we went wrong here?

65 has a lot of content we can shift in it's own pace and we have said numerous times now that we are working on a solution for the concern of Safety Stones and other areas. We've proven in the past we intend to act on suggestions and feedback but the problem is when it's denied or not an instant agreed upon feedback or suggestion we get this shit right here.

I am also not complaining about people giving feedback or suggestions. I am however allowed to voice my opinion on said feedback and suggestions in the exact manner the playerbase is displaying to us. We are allowed to deny, counter or simply ignore suggestions or feedback.

As for my disappearance since you gladly threw that one in there. Being told you're going to die isn't a joke and you'd walk away with a click of a finger as well so go fuck yourself.

We're also taking responsibility for our actions, you're just not impressed that we are not jumping to the same beat as you're expecting and that's the real problem here. It's not as if we're not sat discussing or planning to fix areas that need addressing. You're just assuming the worst because a solution hasn't come within an hour.

1 hour ago, Yukani said:

No it doesnt been explained numerous times since you guys only mentioned and accepted that you guys are looking to be more clear about when the new patches are coming less than 1 month ago.

And if what you are saying is true there wouldnt be this stone hoarding problems as even YOU accepted there is, because they would know when a cap is coming out or if its worth to gear or not, And if i am weak, someone that delete,edit and close any post that he dont agree with or make you get less $ is what?

And if you wanna talk about ''ignoring'' stuff no one forgot of you saying that you guys already pay for the BEST server there is, then 1 month later say that you guys are upgrading for a BETTER server, or when your great GS Vyzer that me and half of the server always reported for abusing of ecs, gold and dupping bugs to have unlimited gold what happened? nothing untill he get banned for sharing a video of ur other great main GS, and the biggest joke is that he back with all his gold and ecs and kept doing the same sht until he gets banned again after years that he back and kept abusing of all bugs possible. And if you wanna be smart and lie saying he didint get banned because of sharing something on discord and the reasson was because of the exploiting and dupping abuse i actually have 2 tickets one of you guys saying he got banned because of the bug and other of jordan saying he got banned because of the discord thing.

You can also find any post of ME saying i wanted cap 65 so fast or anytime, you or vivi are also welcome to search my chat logs in-game (Even private ones btw) like she did last time to try to find it. Thats one of the reasson why half of ur server population either quit awaken server or hate you and ViVi, not because everyone is wrong, because of how antiprofessional you both are,Thats the only reasson they made another private server and some ppl went there, not because they loved normal class, they were just tired of you two.

Another funny thing is that your classic server ''casual'' players who doesnt spend $ have gold and gears since day 1 because they all had unlimited gold and itens on awaken server and sold all for AP to use on classic server and get advantage over others since day 1, gratz to your old gs and friend Vyzer that you guys took 3 years to ban even after knowing everything he did

Can also go ahead and make more rules of ''Staff'' harrasment or another topic on forums like before because of 1 player replying you on the same way you do with everyone else on forum.

And if you wanna talk about knowledge or been a good ''casual'' player you seems to have the same knowledge on this game of someone that started 1 week ago if you think the only thing that the server wont be able to hold the players because they are 1 month without new content when they haven't finished the previous one yet, following ur logic the game would reach the last cap in 1 year and then what? since the only thing that hold the playerbase is the content not pvp, also if your so worried about me only wanting to press 3 buttons, which is more than enough for half of the classes on this game btw, you can search for someone that can beat me in any class on ur awk server.

It just really seems like you have a chip on your shoulder from past events you clearly have no idea about.

I was going to reply but you need to get your facts straight and stop holding so many grudges.

58 minutes ago, SuperDork said:

Bash, you are a joke of a GM and I wish you would keep your low intelligence comments out of the forums.  If you have to go to Jordan for info you clearly are not in the loop enough to comment.  Leave it to Jordan.  Go to a people speaking school maybe too because for some reason you feel like its going to fix the server if you try to belittle me. 

I'm sorry I don't comply with 2020 and today's standards of how to address a snowflake.

I'll make sure the school I pick is full of anime inspired stories about how to be an entitled little prick.

To think, I'm the one who's been pushing for change and playing the game the last 2 weeks to find out where we're going wrong. Jordan wanted to leave as is, he thinks the server's current state is in good condition lmao. I don't know what's going on though, right?!

4 minutes ago, Bash said:

I'm sorry I don't comply with 2020 and today's standards of how to address a snowflake.

I'll make sure the school I pick is full of anime inspired stories about how to be an entitled little prick.

I've never met a more clueless person before now.  Congratulations you have allowed me to find the person single handedly lowering the IQ of the EE community.  You start to insult rather than have an intelligent conversation.  I guess its out of your criteria.  And you disappearing because you were going to die, sure its a good excuse.  If I were going to die if I went to work I would leave too but i definitely wouldn't just disappear as if they don't matter.  Good GM btw.
Probably should read your posts before you post them so you don't have to delete them later to not look so silly 😃

35 minutes ago, SuperDork said:

I've never met a more clueless person before now.  Congratulations you have allowed me to find the person single handedly lowering the IQ of the EE community.  You start to insult rather than have an intelligent conversation.  I guess its out of your criteria.  And you disappearing because you were going to die, sure its a good excuse.  If I were going to die if I went to work I would leave too but i definitely wouldn't just disappear as if they don't matter.  Good GM btw.
Probably should read your posts before you post them so you don't have to delete them later to not look so silly 😃

Clueless? Sure, you just don't like what you're hearing and that's fine. As for a low IQ, I'm not the one repeating myself every 5 seconds even though an answer has been given :)

I really have no idea why it went this way tbh, you're the one assuming I am offending people because aside from my last post wtf did I say? I disagreed with people and said we're working on a solution for the 100th time. I am sure in the pipeline my first answers were probably polite but, after repeating myself a ton of times and you're not listening there is surely going to be some annoying jabs here and there because you're not listening.

I didn't just disappear like they didn't matter I took a break and couldn't go into details about it as I prefer to keep my life private. Surely that can be respected in this day of age given my stance in this network. I was still around I just didn't work as much and was actually intending of walking away for good which then, everyone would have been told what's going on.

So I'd suggest you and your little girlfriend get some facts together and realise we've answered this topic and it's being addressed. Just have some patience and shut the fuck up.

• Haha 2