Sign in to follow this  
Norjomah

The Rant about racials

Lately I'v been seeing a lot of posts about racials of people demanding nerfs and changes not only on forum but also in game.

I just wanted to make this clear to everyone, when u all came back to this game you all played it before. you all know what zumi's do and what anuran's do... why keep crying about it?

I play anuran only because the racial passives and skills fit my play style, I love playing a healer who can sit in front of the boss because of my aoe heal... I love the orange immobilize that works as a stun and makes me able to stun after. but I pay the price of frogs looking beyond disgusting... its hard to find a good outfit to look decent but its okay because this fits my play style... 

I'm sure that what goes in the mind of everyone who creates a character in this game is not how the race looks but what stats come with it... and match it with their favorite classes.

please stop demanding changes to things that have been in the game from 2010... think about the people who choose to pick a race and invested all of their money into achievements... if the racials are changed they would quit because all of their build is now wasted on a race they didnt pick because it got changed. (unless it will be possible to race change).

Thank you, Just wanted to share a point of view.

• Like 3

I only think that racial should not be allowed just on 1vs1 arena since there is no way to countermeasure them and some of them are way to broken on 1vs1 arenas. However on the rest of the game (including 3v3, 10v10 ..etc)  I´m fine with racials and wish them to continue on since without them we will loose diversity on pvp. 

• Like 1

I get your point of view, and believe me when I say that I like the race's differences, but not that big, if I made a post to nerf them or remove them is because I like this game and I want it to be perfect, it doesn't even matter because as long as we get higher levels racials become useless anyways because output from weapons is just gonna be crazy high. But again it would be nice to see all the racials of all the races working in the same way but being different eachother to keep them unique, and not seeing a frog MA with an AOE immobilization wich is a long stun in reality (so even typo is wrong) and a tornado wich you can't really reduce the dmg of, while humans have racials that you can literally use only in pve, if you get what I mean you picked anuran because is broken and u literally said it: it looks disgusting in appearence but you pick it anyways because is broken, like anuran healers have a parry/block reflect and a good HoT when humans have a lower malice ? really usefull I guess in pvp, nope that's only pve and what the out of combat thing, okay if your enemy is a new player or something like that you have a chance to make it works in pvp and probably revive someone maybe or change class, but there's too much difference.

2 hours ago, Micene1975 said:

I get your point of view, and believe me when I say that I like the race's differences, but not that big, if I made a post to nerf them or remove them is because I like this game and I want it to be perfect, it doesn't even matter because as long as we get higher levels racials become useless anyways because output from weapons is just gonna be crazy high. But again it would be nice to see all the racials of all the races working in the same way but being different eachother to keep them unique, and not seeing a frog MA with an AOE immobilization wich is a long stun in reality (so even typo is wrong) and a tornado wich you can't really reduce the dmg of, while humans have racials that you can literally use only in pve, if you get what I mean you picked anuran because is broken and u literally said it: it looks disgusting in appearence but you pick it anyways because is broken, like anuran healers have a parry/block reflect and a good HoT when humans have a lower malice ? really usefull I guess in pvp, nope that's only pve and what the out of combat thing, okay if your enemy is a new player or something like that you have a chance to make it works in pvp and probably revive someone maybe or change class, but there's too much difference.

Humans are not that weak as a race, even the cleric you mentioned they basically have the most usefull cleric/blue classes in pvp because they can get out of combat and revive anyone without having to run out of range.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Yukani said:

Humans are not that weak as a race, even the cleric you mentioned they basically have the most usefull cleric/blue classes in pvp because they can get out of combat and revive anyone without having to run out of range.

Again only vs new players or people who have 0 reaction time

The whole talk about races comes back to 1 question, why didn't u pick X race... we all know the game and we all know what each race does... also humans are not weak at all, look at all of the humans topping the game being the strongest.. I find humans very balanced such as every other race. and as I said any changes to racial that worked the same way for 10 years will cause X race to want to change and race change is a problem because the % stats are different. 

I do think that some racial skills are just way to broken on 1v1 which I actually tested some days ago. I went to BD arena with my anuran alt equiped only with a lv 20 dagger and a blue lv 60 shield (didnt use armor) and just won quite easily against other players. That time I couldn´t find a +10 geared player just +6 at most but still I was able to win without putting any kind of effort and I think in this case it is way to unfair there are no ways to counter those racial and I hear guildmates complaining about something similar with ursun orange classes on 1v1. 

people cry about everything. these racials been here for a decade and ppl acting like they just got released bc some are so "broken". u had your choice to choose a race and class and you knew what the racials did yet you still chose not to select that race. deal with it or make a different race. no one said you couldn't. you're not limited to one race/char per account :^)

15 minutes ago, Yogi said:

people cry about everything. these racials been here for a decade and ppl acting like they just got released bc some are so "broken". u had your choice to choose a race and class and you knew what the racials did yet you still chose not to select that race. deal with it or make a different race. no one said you couldn't. you're not limited to one race/char per account :^)

yes people knew but on 1v1 there is no way to go around it as on the other pvp events. It is just way to frustrating to spend hours farming a weapong on trial then spend either cash or time to upgrade it just to lose against some random anuran with a lv 20 weapons as the people I faced with my anuran alt did. 

Of course If this is not solved I just have to adapt and make more race and I just hope that people won´t complain on samurai arena because some anuran frog with shield and lv 20 1h weapon just start to get all the victories. 

1 hour ago, ted said:

yes people knew but on 1v1 there is no way to go around it as on the other pvp events. It is just way to frustrating to spend hours farming a weapong on trial then spend either cash or time to upgrade it just to lose against some random anuran with a lv 20 weapons as the people I faced with my anuran alt did. 

Of course If this is not solved I just have to adapt and make more race and I just hope that people won´t complain on samurai arena because some anuran frog with shield and lv 20 1h weapon just start to get all the victories. 

You are clearly overreacting and overexaggerating. I ignored it in your first post but now that you repeat it, it's hilarious my dude. Back when i played around a bit on my frog i had like trash-equip, +3 set and +2 blue boss weapons. I stood no chance anyways even with using the frog racial. You can call me bad yeah, but you simply can't tell me you won arena matches with a lv 20 weapon. 

Just for you, some simple counter play to frog stun/ursun fear/whatever: 1. don't get hit by it in first place 2. if you do happen to get hit, think of ways to not next time and use things like shield switch to stall the time you're in it.

It got said multiple times that all races have ups and downs, racials are to deal with. It also got confirmed(iirc even multiple times) that racials will never be started to get balanced because if you start once you wont ever be able to stop(and screw over people that started on races just for the racial).

I think we should give Jordan and the Team some time to actually breath after all those threads that blew up to incredible shitshows over the last days. You literally know that you won't get what you want so you might aswell just leave it be for now pls. Let's just all calm down and enjoy the game for a minute :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SenorBernd said:

You are clearly overreacting and overexaggerating.

I know it is hard to believe I also coudn´t believe it when I was doing it but is true and you can try if you want, theres is a sequence of skill to do it maybe that is why you didn´t used back then but is true. The player I faced had shields and nevertheless they died. 

5 hours ago, SenorBernd said:

You are clearly overreacting and overexaggerating. I ignored it in your first post but now that you repeat it, it's hilarious my dude. Back when i played around a bit on my frog i had like trash-equip, +3 set and +2 blue boss weapons. I stood no chance anyways even with using the frog racial. You can call me bad yeah, but you simply can't tell me you won arena matches with a lv 20 weapon. 

Just for you, some simple counter play to frog stun/ursun fear/whatever: 1. don't get hit by it in first place 2. if you do happen to get hit, think of ways to not next time and use things like shield switch to stall the time you're in it.

It got said multiple times that all races have ups and downs, racials are to deal with. It also got confirmed(iirc even multiple times) that racials will never be started to get balanced because if you start once you wont ever be able to stop(and screw over people that started on races just for the racial).

I think we should give Jordan and the Team some time to actually breath after all those threads that blew up to incredible shitshows over the last days. You literally know that you won't get what you want so you might aswell just leave it be for now pls. Let's just all calm down and enjoy the game for a minute :)

I lost 1v1 to a friend playing alt with a lv50+2 cestus, no accessories, trash trophies and a shield.
He just used frog racial and then I was dead.

I will just say what I did in other post again.
Racials shouldnt be removed from PVP/game. Some like Cleric - malice human racial could be changed, yes. Not necessary but could be changed.
But "broken" racials shouldn't be changed because of people picking a race to play it.
Everyone knew the racials before creating their characters and they could pick it too, if they think its broken.

I agree of removing it from 1v1, because there are racials with no counter-play.
But on 3x3, 10x10, TW and GvG they all should stay how they are rn or only buff useless racials without nerfing any.

• Thanks 1

If active racials are removed, passive racials must also be eliminated and there the crying will start again. No crit on Samu human, no mcrit half cleric, no dagger dmg on human, and more xDDD

• Like 1