Sign in to follow this  
Lexs

10vs10

Hello, being an active player in 10vs10 I would like to suggest removing the "defector buff" from this arena since this arena is an alpaca factory, it is really annoying to go into 10vs10 to be 5-10mints and get "alpaca" and between reloging and wait for the defector buff finish is another 10mins, and the 10vs10 arena takes a long time which makes you wait another 5-10mins in queue after the defector buff is finished, so you literally lose between 20-30mints for each alpaca, and being honest 10vs10 without alpacas it is not 10vs10, sometimes you get up to 2-3 alpacas in which you lost all the time already and as we know it is the easiest way to farm medals.

• Like 1

Think it could be a good idea if people's logs are actually looked at (if people are accused of dodging) but I can see how it'll easily be abused.

Since this game is bug central I support a rework of defector. I dont think removing it completely would do good unless GMs can trace people dodging in a consistent way but maybe reduce the time abit? like half of current time (to 5 min or so)?

This game is full of bugs and its pretty common to see people getting dc in 10v10, also AMD gpu users (like myself) need to deal with screen freezes on top of that. Its really annoying to join in and immediately getting screen freeze, then i have to afk and wait till match is over (risking a report and making teammates hate me) or close the game and get 10 min defector because of game bugs. I usually spam 10v10 and there have been days where my screen froze half my matches, effectively losing so many matches due to a very long defector.

What about adding a surrender vote system in the 10v10 so no waste of time if everyone or at least 8 of 10 agrees the game is a forfeit

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lexs said:

Hello, being an active player in 10vs10 I would like to suggest removing the "defector buff" from this arena since this arena is an alpaca factory, it is really annoying to go into 10vs10 to be 5-10mints and get "alpaca" and between reloging and wait for the defector buff finish is another 10mins, and the 10vs10 arena takes a long time which makes you wait another 5-10mins in queue after the defector buff is finished, so you literally lose between 20-30mints for each alpaca, and being honest 10vs10 without alpacas it is not 10vs10, sometimes you get up to 2-3 alpacas in which you lost all the time already and as we know it is the easiest way to farm medals.

That would be great due to the amount of alpaca/random dc we have in 10x10.
But we got to remember that 10x10 is here to protect us from people quitting just because they got a bad team or anyshit like that, so its not really a good idea to remove it.

I mean most people have said it here already that the purpose of the defector is to stop people just rage quitting or leaving but I do understand that defector is a bit of a pain. Maybe it can be shortened but it's a very tricky situation. Maybe if I can find some time I can try queue 10v10 myself when its active and see if I can replicate crashes to see if they can be fixed but just time is not something I have a lot of at the moment.

6 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I mean most people have said it here already that the purpose of the defector is to stop people just rage quitting or leaving but I do understand that defector is a bit of a pain. Maybe it can be shortened but it's a very tricky situation. Maybe if I can find some time I can try queue 10v10 myself when its active and see if I can replicate crashes to see if they can be fixed but just time is not something I have a lot of at the moment.

No please.
I've saw people saying "I rather wait 10 min than go into x match" and quit.
Shorting it would just make more people start doing it.
I play 10x10 daily (couldn't play last few days because of my connection, sadly) and I know how painful is to alpaca and get the deflector.
But its way last painful than keep having people ragequiting on a arena that is already making a lot of people alpaca.