Astraea

Altar safety stones change

I really hope this x1 regular viridian in the altar is a bad joke or a one time blunder because i really fail to see how it is going to help the current situation. Lv 70 chisels are on the row above and regular safety stones x2 are available higher up, not mentionning the ULSS/CLSS x2 too.

I know you're trying to make money off this thing but this "solution" won't work if the only stones we're going to get on lower rows are regular x1 stones, might aswell go for stones wipe right now if this is the best you can offer.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

We need to remember that the chance to a successful fortification for lower levels are higher, that's why they are using normal stones. +5 to +6 chance is way highter than to +8/9/10.
The real problem of the solution is that doesn't fix anything about how costly it is to +10 gears on the server.
But for +6, lets see how much viridians will cost before starting to complain and asking they to change it already.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how your mind works if you think this wont help?

The stone is lower so even at the same rates you still have to travel through less fail chances and less items so just right of the bat you get more chances to get it. Even though the rate is higher than above still thats just common sense really.

As for your other point, did you even real the post Bash made??

Let me quote it for you:

On 6/24/2020 at 2:26 PM, Bash said:

Step 1: Altar Changes

We will be amending Altars to allow Viridian Safety Stones to be on a lower prize pool so they become a more common item for everyone. It is common practice that a lot of players purchase EC either with AP or gold so we believe it is good to start here first.

I don't see here anything different than what has been done in game.

Nobody said we're going to start throwing them at you like they're free we're simply just increasing the availabillity so that more can be in the market which will in-turn bring down the price of the item. We're actively monitoring the item quantity in game to see how effective the change is. Judging the change after an hour or so when a new gear patch has come out and they're in demand, well that is just foolish to be quite honest.

5 hours ago, Tuti said:

The real problem of the solution is that doesn't fix anything about how costly it is to +10 gears on the server.
But for +6, lets see how much viridians will cost before starting to complain and asking they to change it already.

We never intended to make the +8 and +10 part easier as everyone agreed that +6 is a base line, a minimum. It's not so wrong to grind for a while to +10 a weapon as realistically armor only needs to be +6 so after +10'ing your weapon you can start on the next class.

1 minute ago, Jordan said:

We never intended to make the +8 and +10 part easier as everyone agreed that +6 is a base line, a minimum. It's not so wrong to grind for a while to +10 a weapon as realistically armor only needs to be +6 so after +10'ing your weapon you can start on the next class.

Just mentioned it because part of the old discussion was people complaining about gearing classes with $ was to expensive.
I'm not complaining about the solution you guys are bringing, in fact, I think that's sad that took just a few minutes for someone come to complain but no one said anything abou class tokens dropping on 0/2. Like you said, that they want just to complain.
I'm a bit afraid that this solution will lead to people complaining about how expensive is +8/+10 when everyone have +6 and demand for +8/+10 stones increase, but i'm leaving that to future, if it happens.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tuti said:

I think that's sad that took just a few minutes for someone come to complain but no one said anything abou class tokens dropping on 0/2. Like you said, that they want just to complain.

I mean, it's the suggestions part of forum, you can't expect people to come here to give thanks, flowers and a box of chocolate.
People who asked for it are happy about the class tokens drop, but they do not need to come on the forum to write it on every walls just to make it look like the community isnt angry all the time. Not mentionning that a lot of people actualy just don't care about medals in 0/2 tbh. Anyway it's something the community asked for, the GMs should already know they did something good with that.
People don't complain just to complain, they wanna improve their gaming experience. 
And about what OP posted, ngl that's not really a suggestion 

6 hours ago, Wooloo said:

I mean, it's the suggestions part of forum, you can't expect people to come here to give thanks, flowers and a box of chocolate.
People who asked for it are happy about the class tokens drop, but they do not need to come on the forum to write it on every walls just to make it look like the community isnt angry all the time. Not mentionning that a lot of people actualy just don't care about medals in 0/2 tbh. Anyway it's something the community asked for, the GMs should already know they did something good with that.
People don't complain just to complain, they wanna improve their gaming experience. 
And about what OP posted, ngl that's not really a suggestion 

You're right and we do understand you and @Astraea point of view here. We did say we're slowly tinkering though and it's not even been 24 hours since the patch. Give it time and see how things unfold but please note our motives are not driven by the lining in our pockets, we've just got a server that is almost 6 years old and we've made a fair few mistakes there to learn from.

May I also add, Viridian Stones have grown by 40% in the last 12 hours and there have been a huge amount of Stones used as well so this change applied has made a big difference. I even took it upon myself to monitor players who purchase EC via gold or AP and it's not just a surge from AP buyers here.

• Thanks 1

Yes there are viridians stones in circulation now but i'd say it's mostly due to the fact there were basically none in circulation before this altar. People are more or less forced to take them because it's the best way they have to uncap their new gear if they didn't hoard stones beforehand. Price went down though (i think?), i'll give you that.

About the huge amount of stones used it's probably due to all the hoarders uncapping their new gear. Unless you meant regular viridians specifically.

I think this is a comunity problem, as rare as those stones were before, the price was just 250g, now that are common the price is 300g+ wich makes no sense, it's not the system this time, it's just the comunity trowing random prices to ruin everything

I got mine for 200-250g ea, depends who you're buying from i suppose. Can't avoid people trying to sell at higher prices when there was a shortage just before.

43 minutes ago, Astraea said:

Yes there are viridians stones in circulation now but i'd say it's mostly due to the fact there were basically none in circulation before this altar. People are more or less forced to take them because it's the best way they have to uncap their new gear if they didn't hoard stones beforehand. Price went down though (i think?), i'll give you that.

About the huge amount of stones used it's probably due to all the hoarders uncapping their new gear. Unless you meant regular viridians specifically.

You confuse availability with supply and demand i think.

The literal sense of them putting Viridians on the bottom row AND increasing the amount of SS on the higher rows was because there was a low >availability<(meaning you simply never had any viridians except sometimes 2 lucky in high rows and low rates on the higher rows SS). Now that there are more Safety Stones to get ofc people try to get them, where supply and demand comes into the game. Ofc on day 1 of the cap people sell SS, Chisels etc. way over the regular price. Take chisels for example as they suddenly go for 650g+ on a rather easy catch-rate on altar. 

We just need to stay calm and watch the changes unfold for a few days/weeks. You can't just come here 1hour after the release and "complain".

So again we keep in mind -> Availability NOT = supply/demand

The players on this server are very dumb, they come here on forum to complain about the value of the stones. But there in the game they are practicing ridiculous prices aiming only greed profit. There is no use coming to cry here and go there and do the same thing.

You simply cant appeal to everyone....

I think its amazing that +6 your gear becomes easier now, as it should, it gives a ashot to everyone to have proper gear, and people will always complain and want the cheapest way possible to get everything +10 or everything they want, and just because they will complain about +8, its how it is, you cant have it all in a flash like some people do. And ive noticed specially since new altar and cap came out, people will try to rip off more gold from others simply because they have something people want and take advantage of that because of people's needs. JLike everyone said, its not something the GM's can control, its the community. 

Regardless of how easy or hard it is to get SS on altar, your bound to the price people sell them for. If they wanted to sell CLSS for 2k, and everyone did the same, then you could only  buy it for that price, unless someone sold it for 800g, iIn the end, its the community that decides the value of the items in the game, and many take advantage of that fact to overprice some items. 

A good example is when you see people selling BP vs those giving BP away, the same type. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to say that but but wiping stones as a steps is bad solution and it’s effect me as Ap buyer I don’t sell any dam stones I buy it to use it alll with my golds, the best suggestion is to increase the landing rate on stones or put 10% stones on altar first and second raw and upper altar put stone 50% succes rate this will drop the prices for sure you can play with altar rate as you want..

thanks

• Like 2