Sign in to follow this  
Yukani

Driver system

Weapon upgrade system  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have the driver system at 65 cap?

• Yes
    • No

On 7/4/2020 at 3:12 PM, AceFire said:

Then bring down the % of the awaken instead of increasing to 120% the gold

This is even worse. Players who wants to play with non-awakened weapons already will have what they need for the rest of the cap?

But if he implements driver system for lv65 weapons and bring them down to 100% (max 110 or 115% with upgrade), so maybe this can work... idk, maybe too much work for not much

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Sasori said:

This is even worse. Players who wants to play with non-awakened weapons already will have what they need for the rest of the cap?

But if he implements driver system for lv65 weapons and bring them down to 100% (max 110 or 115% with upgrade), so maybe this can work... idk, maybe too much work for not much

Do you even realize that people are already oneshotting with max resistences? What's the point of having more attack? Lowering it would make everything more fun. And please people who have already 110% weapons +10 will make them 120% at day 1, it's not like they gonna grind for a month for them.

Still no concrete answer?
For me at least this topic is important, because I am not one of those who can get everything in 1 day, and an accurate answer would help me prepare for both cases, time passes and that limits the options of many at this time with the future arrival of AWK weapons. For my part I want this system, since sooner or later you can be on par with others, as well as you have something else to do.
I would appreciate a concrete response on this matter.

Greetings and thanks for the work you do.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, AceFire said:

Do you even realize that people are already oneshotting with max resistences? What's the point of having more attack? Lowering it would make everything more fun.

Do you even realize that 10% more or less weapon matk won't make that much difference? The only class I can see "oneshotting" (using 1 dmg skill) is Ranger bombard and patk boost skill (forgot the name). Any illusionist will drop kd in your head and with more one or two deadly icicle you will die. Only shield swap can save you if you are lucky...

The point on having more attack is not only to deal more damage by itself... the point is to give to players more options to build they classes. We don't really need more attack, we need that non-awakenable weapons still be a good option when you think about what build you should go for...

And "make everything more fun" in my pov, with the things you are suggesting, is utopic.

1 hour ago, AceFire said:

And please people who have already 110% weapons +10 will make them 120% at day 1, it's not like they gonna grind for a month for them.

That's why I suggested implement a harder driver system, to be as hard as Awaken Weapon quests or even harder. 

• Like 1

I would like the driver system to be added in cap 65 so everybody don't stick to just awaken their weapon, some of the awaken weapons are bad for certain classes but like sasori suggests, implement a harder driver system so people have to do more stuff than just feeding the weapon with another weapon to increase the % and make it as hard to get as awaken weapons. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Holiwis21 said:

Still no concrete answer?
For me at least this topic is important, because I am not one of those who can get everything in 1 day, and an accurate answer would help me prepare for both cases, time passes and that limits the options of many at this time with the future arrival of AWK weapons. For my part I want this system, since sooner or later you can be on par with others, as well as you have something else to do.
I would appreciate a concrete response on this matter.

Greetings and thanks for the work you do.

50% yes, 50% no. Unless its more towards 75% yes and 25% no this will not be added.

• Like 2

Why not just capping the % at 115% like the awaken weapons so both weapons have the same amount of matk/atk and you can build like you want. Even if jordan doesnt release the driver system for lv 65, 110% and 115% arent that different. Idk why you guys act like you get 20k more atk/matk with 115% or 120%. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naru said:

Why not just capping the % at 115% like the awaken weapons so both weapons have the same amount of matk/atk and you can build like you want. Even if jordan doesnt release the driver system for lv 65, 110% and 115% arent that different. Idk why you guys act like you get 20k more atk/matk with 115% or 120%. 

Okay from  110% to 120% there's an increase in m-atk of 1669 on Staff wich is even higher if we talk about the axe(I'm taking in consideration all achievs done and the use of 4x green certs). Thse might be a low value in general for you, but if you equip that staff is not just 1669 more m-atk is ways more. Especially when u get it +10 wich increases it even further beyond going up to 3k difference becoming in reality 5k more m-atk when you equip it. Hey okay might be no difference at all for you alright. But then if there's no difference at all why are you even asking for it? Also an awaken weapon is not 115% but right now for lvl 65 is 117% wich is higher than you tought, and for lvl 75 is 123%.
I think we don't need that 5k more m-atk, if we talk about mage that 5k will be a lot higher.
And I'm not talking about magic weapons just because I'm a p.dps main, I said at the start Axe would be even higher.
Again if you don't want to be forced to do the awaken one cause you want an alternative to it. Like, I'm totally fine with it, I can understand, guitar awaken is pretty shitty, same for club, same for mace if you want to use it as a dps templar. I understand it. But then if you want an alternative, just ask to lower the awaken weapons damage. You know what appeaned when they putted driver system for lvl 60 weapons? I loved that system. It's something new that I really didn't use. But that makes the game insanely pay to win in pvp. Cause in pvp you want to min/max, and even 1 more p-atk/m-atk does the difference.
Have I been clear enough? Want something different, lower the atk of awaken weapons. Don't ask for more damage, there's no need of it. Unless you want to end up like aeria where you don't even need a party, you straight oneshot everything. Cause step by step, we're going in that direction again. Keep it classic.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AceFire said:

Okay from  110% to 120% there's an increase in m-atk of 1669 on Staff wich is even higher if we talk about the axe(I'm taking in consideration all achievs done and the use of 4x green certs). Thse might be a low value in general for you, but if you equip that staff is not just 1669 more m-atk is ways more. Especially when u get it +10 wich increases it even further beyond going up to 3k difference becoming in reality 5k more m-atk when you equip it. Hey okay might be no difference at all for you alright. But then if there's no difference at all why are you even asking for it? Also an awaken weapon is not 115% but right now for lvl 65 is 117% wich is higher than you tought, and for lvl 75 is 123%.
I think we don't need that 5k more m-atk, if we talk about mage that 5k will be a lot higher.
And I'm not talking about magic weapons just because I'm a p.dps main, I said at the start Axe would be even higher.
Again if you don't want to be forced to do the awaken one cause you want an alternative to it. Like, I'm totally fine with it, I can understand, guitar awaken is pretty shitty, same for club, same for mace if you want to use it as a dps templar. I understand it. But then if you want an alternative, just ask to lower the awaken weapons damage. You know what appeaned when they putted driver system for lvl 60 weapons? I loved that system. It's something new that I really didn't use. But that makes the game insanely pay to win in pvp. Cause in pvp you want to min/max, and even 1 more p-atk/m-atk does the difference.
Have I been clear enough? Want something different, lower the atk of awaken weapons. Don't ask for more damage, there's no need of it. Unless you want to end up like aeria where you don't even need a party, you straight oneshot everything. Cause step by step, we're going in that direction again. Keep it classic.

lv65 awakens are not 117% you can ask a gm if you dont believe it theyre 115%ish the lv 75 are 120%+ thats why i suggested that. You will allways get one shotted by mages theyre just unbalanced deal with it and let it go they dont want to rework the classes. 

On 7/11/2020 at 3:14 AM, Jordan said:

50% yes, 50% no. Unless its more towards 75% yes and 25% no this will not be added.

I understand, on the other hand, is the idea of implementing this system with the current% considered? I mean, being able to raise a weapon up to 110% with this system. Several of us have weapons 107-109% and I think that many of us would like to reach the limit (110%) although it is more for personal satisfaction, since the difference is minimal.
Sorry if it is annoying to continue with the topic, greetings and thanks for answering :).

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Holiwis21 said:

I understand, on the other hand, is the idea of implementing this system with the current% considered? I mean, being able to raise a weapon up to 110% with this system. Several of us have weapons 107-109% and I think that many of us would like to reach the limit (110%) although it is more for personal satisfaction, since the difference is minimal.
Sorry if it is annoying to continue with the topic, greetings and thanks for answering :).

Yes would be cool if we could use drivers to cap pre awakens at 110%, im getting triggered that i cant reach 50k m atk base on mage :(. As jordan said tho the dmg difference isnt that noticieable, is mostly an aesthetic thing.

Was just coming here to say that I think drivers up to 110% should be implemented; just for something to do. I don't think 120% is necessary on this cap though.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Kibo said:

Was just coming here to say that I think drivers up to 110% should be implemented; just for something to do. I don't think 120% is necessary on this cap though.

+1, 110% should be with drivers, 120% is not needed. If u make it to 115% the same day that awaken comes (if awakens are kept at 115%) wouldn't be bad.

If the damage difference is the problem, then the drivers can be up to 115% (to match the Awakens). What is the problem with diversifying the weapon options? You also give the possibility to 115% weapons for ppl who already hv the pre-awaken +10.

5 hours ago, Astr said:

If the damage difference is the problem, then the drivers can be up to 115% (to match the Awakens). What is the problem with diversifying the weapon options? You also give the possibility to 115% weapons for ppl who already hv the pre-awaken +10.

It may not be fair to leave with the same attack/m-attack as an awakened weapon, because you spend time and gold to awaken. I believe that 110% is better, so people will still have the advantage of awakening a weapon.

9 minutes ago, Agdelman said:

It may not be fair to leave with the same attack/m-attack as an awakened weapon, because you spend time and gold to awaken. I believe that 110% is better, so people will still have the advantage of awakening a weapon.

That make no sense. You spend time and gold to make the drivers and the plus of the awaken is the new ability. 

3 minutes ago, Astr said:

That make no sense. You spend time and gold to make the drivers and the plus of the awaken is the new ability. 

You are right. But try to compare Aven fame, books fame, books price, crystal cross medal, novice exp. trial medal and other things versus 500g for a driver.

6 hours ago, Astr said:

I think we should keep awakened as the better weapon. If it isn't then people will just complain about lack of content because there's nothing to do. 110% is fine for regular gold 65 weapons. Awakened weapons should have higher stats considering all the time and effort it takes for the quests.

9 hours ago, Astr said:

why should a normal weapon as be good as a awaken weapon that doesnt make sense. 110% is totally fine tho...

Okay guys at a 115% of a gold version vs 115% of the awaken the awaken is still better cause gives more stats, procs are stronger + additional effect, so is not too wrong to put 115% on those gold weapons for people who wants variety but at the end of the days you would still go for awaken.

It's not as simple as just "locking it to 110%" without having the knock on effect of hitting the currently available weapons nore is it worth the time to fix that and then make 5 drivers per weapon just for a small negligible % change of 1 or 2%. Last time Karah spent 1 day making those drivers and then another day or two testing them.

It's 120% or nothing and I will only add it if the poll is atleast 70-30 with real voters (We can check).

Also unpopular opinion but who cares, not all awakens are better than the pre-awken/normal 65 weapon. Also the ones that are better are sometimes not worth the upgrade as the difference is so minor its mainly just for the asthetic purposes.

I will lock this thread as its just becoming a back and fourth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2