Sign in to follow this  
Yukani

Driver system

Weapon upgrade system  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have the driver system at 65 cap?

• Yes
    • No

So I've asked and have been asked this so I just want a clear answer for both me and those asking. Will the driver system be implemented to allow 65 gold weapons to reach 120% or not? and if it will arrive on around the same time it came on the previous cap.

• Like 2

To add:

If there is no definitive answer, can we have a community vote on it? I don't think it's really a useful system with awaken weapons at a set date already. Would also create less work for the development team (since you'd have to figure out how to balance the awaken weapons because of the added attack on the bases)

• Like 1

I believe the general community opinion was that they didn't want the system added as it cannot be limited to 110% without conflicting with the 60 and 55 versions. Since the drop rate in 65 trials is higher than in 60 trials too (By default). However, please correct me if I'm wrong about this and we can open a vote or something but I'm currently of the impression that people didn't want it.

• Like 5

This topic for me is hit or miss.  Obviously 120%  is more mattk/attk than awaken and would be a viable option to ignore the content.  But the awaken weapons (Such as bow and rapier off the top of my head) are still better in other aspects.  Obviously the best option would be to allow for some type of reroll to get 110% if that is what someone desires  since then the Awaken weapons are better (attk wise) than a 110%.  If its not possible as you say then idk balance wise its hard to say.  
If it is not possible however, I would like to know if there was ever a decision on your idea (I think it was you) @Jordan on possible refunding in some way stones for those who do +10 a weapon before awakens.

I'm against adding drivers to 65 weapons. As others and myself said before, just keep them at 110% max and keep awa weapons at 115%. Sure the 20 people that use the double-dmg club instead of awaken would love to see a 120% but it's afaik the only weapon that's better than Awa.

I see no need at all for driver system. Also i guess it's a bad idea to make a poll since literally every single poll that was ever made here got sniped by alt accounts. This decision should be made from the comments on this thread if at all.

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, SuperDork said:

This topic for me is hit or miss.  Obviously 120%  is more mattk/attk than awaken and would be a viable option to ignore the content.  But the awaken weapons (Such as bow and rapier off the top of my head) are still better in other aspects.  Obviously the best option would be to allow for some type of reroll to get 110% if that is what someone desires  since then the Awaken weapons are better (attk wise) than a 110%.  If its not possible as you say then idk balance wise its hard to say.  
If it is not possible however, I would like to know if there was ever a decision on your idea (I think it was you) @Jordan on possible refunding in some way stones for those who do +10 a weapon before awakens.

Well if the system ever did come its not like we can't follow suite with Awaken 75's and have them either the same as 120% or slightly above (I think it was maybe 121% or 120.5% for 75 awakens).

As for my opinion I don't see the need in having to refund stones for fortifying a pre-awaken. We don't offer it on awaken and Aeria/X-Legend didn't offer it either so I'm not really sure why it would be needed now. Pre-awakens unlike 60 weapons can compete with Awakens and I remember on US Aeria atleast there was a player who used a purple 75 staff for the entire 75 cap even once the Awaken staff was released and still did perfectly fine in TW's and thats with a weapon that gave a Double DMG proc as its competition. People can choose to forify Awaken weapons after the fact or choose to ignore them as its in the best interest of budget. People can also use 65 Awakens into 70 cap as its like you said, Awaken Weapons have decent proc effects that makes them outweigh a number of the 70 weapons.

This comes down to budget and class range. Simply if you wanted to play more classes then the best choice would be to Awaken something you don't already have and fortify that. But if you only play one class then it's not really a waste of gold to improve your current weapon by getting a better version of it.

I'd be much more of the opinion that its better to push Awakens further back if people think the timeframe is too short than refunding anything as if we are going to be refunding things then whats the point in even having a delay patch schedule. This is before even jumping into the rabbit hole of "Well 65 -resistance bow is likely better than pre-awaken bow for ranger but then awaken bow is better than than that bow" arguement (Which you can't argue with a direct refund cause then people who wanna change class will just refund their gear and use it to for a new class which defeats the purpose of forting on an item by item basis).

2 minutes ago, SenorBernd said:

I'm against adding drivers to 65 weapons. As others and myself said before, just keep them at 110% max and keep awa weapons at 115%. Sure the 20 people that use the double-dmg club instead of awaken would love to see a 120% but it's afaik the only weapon that's better than Awa.

I see no need at all for driver system. Also i guess it's a bad idea to make a poll since literally every single poll that was ever made here got sniped by alt accounts. This decision should be made from the comments on this thread if at all.

Comments always have just as much impact as polls in most decisions as if 100 people vote yes and 10 people vote no but 10 people give valid points while the 100 do not then it would be pretty dumb to follow the poll results right.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Well if the system ever did come its not like we can't follow suite with Awaken 75's and have them either the same as 120% or slightly above (I think it was maybe 121% or 120.5% for 75 awakens).

I like this idea if chisels happen didn't know it was easy.  If this is the case I would definitely like to see this option even if its released with awaken weapons.

15 minutes ago, SenorBernd said:

Sure the 20 people that use the double-dmg club instead of awaken would love to see a 120% but it's afaik the only weapon that's better than Awa.

The club will be better than the awaken whether its 100% or 120% if someone plans to do club+w/e weapon.  This more affects classes/players that would like to play dps bard as there is no dps guitar or dps cleric with mace or templar since again, no dps mace.  Yes 110 is still sufficient technically but then any 1 trick players don't really get content if they main these certain classes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

I believe the general community opinion was that they didn't want the system added as it cannot be limited to 110% without conflicting with the 60 and 55 versions. Since the drop rate in 65 trials is higher than in 60 trials too (By default). However, please correct me if I'm wrong about this and we can open a vote or something but I'm currently of the impression that people didn't want it.

I think most of the people that complained about the driver system was because we could only increase the % to 110+ with more weapons, would be better if we could increase but also drop/craft 110+. but if the 65 drop rates isnt as bad as the 60 was it may not be needed.

• Like 3

I don't think 120% is required and awaken weapons being around 115% of the dmg it's fine, especially when you compare lvl 60 weapons to lvl 65, from lvl 50 to 55 and from lvl 55 to 60 the difference in dmg is 1k for 2h weapons and 500 for 1h weapons, meanwhile from lvl 60 to 65 it's already double so 2k and 1k difference between the two levels of weapons, I don't think there's a need to make it even higher, it would make the game boring, it's already high enough

Can someone announce ingame to ppl come here and vote, any GM or GS, before players start buying or crafting a thousand items for Drivers?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yukani said:

I think most of the people that complained about the driver system was because we could only increase the % to 110+ with more weapons, would be better if we could increase but also drop/craft 110+. but if the 65 drop rates isnt as bad as the 60 was it may not be needed.

I agree with this.

And having this system would slightly increase the possibilities of builds. Awaken Procs vs more base damage. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Yukani said:

Jordan said something about lowering weapons to 110% on cap 55 so everyone would stay at a "close stage" to begin when feed system was available.
So I think making it for 65 weapons and letting 110%+ drops would be the best choice for this cap.

I have nothing against the driver system comeback, however, Atk of awaken weapons should be adjusted to be the same than 120% weapons. 
I don't really get why someone who just sit in Aven buying weapons in peer but does not put the effort of farming cristal cross medal, trial medals, increasing their fame and trying to kill the WBs that'll get camped for sure when awaken are released, should have a weapon with more atk than someone who actually spent their time doing all of the above, just because awakens have procs. ( PS1:Some procs are honestly not even that good )
( PS2: I'm saying this as someone who just sat their ass in Aven buying 60 staffs to get it to 120%. )
Standard gold weapons with more atk than awaken just goes against the principle of awaken weapons

If the atk of awaken weapons is not adjusted, then it's a flat no for me because it will encourage people to skip awaken content

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Weapons awaken shouldn't be changed.
The best part of having 120% weapons on cap 65 is exactly the fact we can work iwth builds other than awakens weapons.
If a proc isn't that good, simply don't make the awaken version and use a 120 (?)
Nom-Awaken Bow is 10 times better than pre-awaken. The reason we make the Awaken bow is exactly because of the prox.
If it was bad, we would keep the - resist debuff.

People say a lot of "build variety"but when there's a minimal chance that can really happen people try their best to screw it.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Wooloo said:

I have nothing against the driver system comeback, however, Atk of awaken weapons should be adjusted to be the same than 120% weapons. 
I don't really get why someone who just sit in Aven buying weapons in peer but does not put the effort of farming cristal cross medal, trial medals, increasing their fame and trying to kill the WBs that'll get camped for sure when awaken are released, should have a weapon with more atk than someone who actually spent their time doing all of the above, just because awakens have procs. ( PS1:Some procs are honestly not even that good )
( PS2: I'm saying this as someone who just sat their ass in Aven buying 60 staffs to get it to 120%. )
Standard gold weapons with more atk than awaken just goes against the principle of awaken weapons

If the atk of awaken weapons is not adjusted, then it's a flat no for me because it will encourage people to skip awaken content

If we are going to buff awaken weapons atk there is no point in bringing the system back at all, the purpose of it is to allow ppl to choose beetwen a bit more of atk vs the procs on some of the awaken ones, if they also gives more atk you wont see anyone with golden weapons because it wouldnt be better in any way.

• Like 1

let me remember you that increasing atk any further would indeed require another cap to elem resistences and def, and I see already people complaining about them being too low, seriously leave them as them are, if you really want a choose between awaken and gold 65 then lower awaken weapons atk and leave the gold as them are already, anything different from this would create chaos again. 120% is too much the weapons are already enough strong, nerf them instead and give a chance to fight and not just show some crazy numbers like on awaken

• Confused 1

Its not about skipping content... the staffs, for example, has different purposes, fits different builds... and they are equally strong except for the fact that double hit staff has lower MATK. The driver system allow us to go for different build, which is not that easy cause you have to work on it too.

I know that if you are going for Awaken Weapon, you may feel that is not fair if ppl doesnt need to do all the work to get good weapons. So I suggest  Jordan to change the driver system to make it a bit hard, in a way that not envolves only buying weapons to feed your main weapon (not talking about rng here !!!)

• Like 1

I just want to say that whatever is going to be decided, it has to be ASAP.

Before people starting stack lower % items to feed and then its decided that it system wont be added
Or people start selling lower % cheap and then need to remake it to feed their weapons.

@edit also before its to late to fix since we are on a countdown for awaken weapons

21 hours ago, Tuti said:

Weapons awaken shouldn't be changed.
The best part of having 120% weapons on cap 65 is exactly the fact we can work iwth builds other than awakens weapons.
If a proc isn't that good, simply don't make the awaken version and use a 120 (?)
Nom-Awaken Bow is 10 times better than pre-awaken. The reason we make the Awaken bow is exactly because of the prox.
If it was bad, we would keep the - resist debuff.

People say a lot of "build variety"but when there's a minimal chance that can really happen people try their best to screw it.

Having awakens changed to equal 120% wouldn't really change anything in regards to your comment.

In bow case you'd still awaken bow and for staff case you'd still debate if the 5 elemental reistance and couple of points on the proc is worth awakening it. It's honestly worse if you release 120 and then not increase the awakens as you just make them generally worse unless the case is like bow where simply its just better.

7 hours ago, Tuti said:

I just want to say that whatever is going to be decided, it has to be ASAP.

Before people starting stack lower % items to feed and then its decided that it system wont be added
Or people start selling lower % cheap and then need to remake it to feed their weapons.

@edit also before its to late to fix since we are on a countdown for awaken weapons

I'm staying out of this decision as I know personally it doesn't really effect anything and I'm leaving it to the community to decide on this one. Everyone seems to have this idea that 120 is the devils fruit and that everything that went wrong on the last cap was mostly down to it.

Also the countdown can always be extended if people think its for the best, just never shortened. But, you're right people need to decide but even if it is decided to come I have things to do for Awaken that have been pushed back due to Classics demands and my IRL work. So this will be my priority for the next couple of weeks atleast.

2 hours ago, Jordan said:

Having awakens changed to equal 120% wouldn't really change anything in regards to your comment.

In bow case you'd still awaken bow and for staff case you'd still debate if the 5 elemental reistance and couple of points on the proc is worth awakening it. It's honestly worse if you release 120 and then not increase the awakens as you just make them generally worse unless the case is like bow where simply its just better.

I'm staying out of this decision as I know personally it doesn't really effect anything and I'm leaving it to the community to decide on this one. Everyone seems to have this idea that 120 is the devils fruit and that everything that went wrong on the last cap was mostly down to it.

Also the countdown can always be extended if people think its for the best, just never shortened. But, you're right people need to decide but even if it is decided to come I have things to do for Awaken that have been pushed back due to Classics demands and my IRL work. So this will be my priority for the next couple of weeks atleast.

Oh, its okay, I don't mean it need to be release next week or anything like that. We just need to know what will be decided so we can know if we should keep weapons with low % or to just sell.

It be sooooooo good if we have an answer about this. Then i can focus on get a 110% weapon and sell my 101% garbage that is block a slot in my bag -.-

• Like 1

the 120% weapon gives more variety to the game, bard mdps, templar with matk mace, being able to use the palace staff, using the mayor's dagger along with the bow, I do not mention any more so as not to have to demonstrate one by one each weapon, but if the game would be more attractive, without 120% just awake all the same and boring.