Sign in to follow this  
Wooloo

Turn 10 vs 10 buffs, into buffs as they should be

Lame introduction, blablablah, here is what I have to say

1 ) Ormormus buffs
The ormomus buffs that you get from the vases are considered debuffs ( listed in debuff bar ) and purif removes them.
It would be nice if they could be considered as buffs by the game because currently, only thing these buffs are doing ( since you can not keep them if you have a cleric in your party ) is to make it harder for your supports to debuffs the CCs on you.
Some buff are actually kind of cool, so it's such a shame that we can't make use of them.

2 ) Surrender vote
I believe it would be useful to have a surrender vote in 10v10. Sometimes even if the whole team agrees to give up and go suicide at mid, the game lasts really long, or turns into an easter egg hunt. There are also cases where there was those guys who absoluetly refused to give up and went invisible with thiefs/mages/illus all the time even though we knew the game was lost, wasting everyones time.
PS: In my opinion, this surrender vote wouldn't be needed if victory condition for 10v10 was kill count based or something as such though.

Lame conclusion, blablablah, ty for reading

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I was thinking about ways to add a "surrender system" before giving this suggestion, because I think it wouldn't be simple for Jordan to implement a intire system for that. (like, the one you vote and etc)
Well I could not really found a good solution. But its possible to make something like a GvG bomb but that only affects allies?
We could spawn with a tradable item. So if we want to surrender we can just give it to someone and with 6 (out of 10) he can trade to a bomb that wipe his whole team making him lose.
I know its not a really good solution, but it was the less worse solution i could think of for a surrender system p_p

On 6/29/2020 at 6:40 PM, Tuti said:

I was thinking about ways to add a "surrender system" before giving this suggestion, because I think it wouldn't be simple for Jordan to implement a intire system for that. (like, the one you vote and etc)
Well I could not really found a good solution. But its possible to make something like a GvG bomb but that only affects allies?
We could spawn with a tradable item. So if we want to surrender we can just give it to someone and with 6 (out of 10) he can trade to a bomb that wipe his whole team making him lose.
I know its not a really good solution, but it was the less worse solution i could think of for a surrender system p_p

No lul that would make everyone just troll not surrender,

it can even be a command in chat like /surrender and if like 7/10 or 8/10 writes /surrender is auto lose
no need to be a fancy thing

Surrender vote will never happen, more of a technical aspect than anything else. However, might be nice to hear some suggestions on the victory conditions as I've had some complaints in the past about the current one.

I think its not really the buff / debuff thing thats and issue but just the fact that they can be removed am I correct on that? If so I can easily fix that for the next patch.

3 hours ago, Jordan said:

I think its not really the buff / debuff thing thats and issue but just the fact that they can be removed am I correct on that? If so I can easily fix that for the next patch.

Yes, all correct.

About victory conditions I honestly can't think of anything for now though

Why not just decreasing the time of one round from 10 to 5 min. If you wipe the enemy team fast youre out in few secs anyways but it just starts getting annoying if the round last for more than 8 min even if its obvious which team is dominating. 

1 hour ago, naru said:

Why not just decreasing the time of one round from 10 to 5 min. If you wipe the enemy team fast youre out in few secs anyways but it just starts getting annoying if the round last for more than 8 min even if its obvious which team is dominating. 

Its already 5 minutes per round thinkingface:

@Jordan for victory condition maybe there could be a death counter per round. Like if your side kills 40 people in that round then win the round automatically. Or maybe the game could check the lead of kills per round, like if your side takes a lead of 40 kills then win the round. Not sure if this is possible to implement though.

Imo the number of kills should be high though, because its usually hard to regroup when your side starts wiping and so taking a decent lead isnt that rare. However, ive been in a lot of matches where we regroup at last minute and win the round back, so yeah if this can be implemented then the lead count should be quite high in order to allow this kind of scenarios to happen (which are quite funny imo).

P.s. after thing back on it I like the lead idea better because it shows the difference between the two teams.

9 hours ago, Shal said:

@Jordan for victory condition maybe there could be a death counter per round. Like if your side kills 40 people in that round then win the round automatically. Or maybe the game could check the lead of kills per round, like if your side takes a lead of 40 kills then win the round. Not sure if this is possible to implement though.

Imo the number of kills should be high though, because its usually hard to regroup when your side starts wiping and so taking a decent lead isnt that rare. However, ive been in a lot of matches where we regroup at last minute and win the round back, so yeah if this can be implemented then the lead count should be quite high in order to allow this kind of scenarios to happen (which are quite funny imo).

P.s. after thing back on it I like the lead idea better because it shows the difference between the two teams.

A team deatmatch basically instead of a king of the hill? Doesn't sound too bad. Maybe 40 is a bit too much tho, the average is around 30, 40 kills appeans only when is literally one sided like all veterans vs new players

5 hours ago, AceFire said:

A team deatmatch basically instead of a king of the hill? Doesn't sound too bad. Maybe 40 is a bit too much tho, the average is around 30, 40 kills appeans only when is literally one sided like all veterans vs new players

In my opinion 10v10 should end sooner only if it's definitely one sided in which coming back is really unlikely and thats why i gave that number. Like the scenario I gave above it isnt that rare that your side can make a come back after regrouping from some wipes. But yeah maybe 40 is too high and it could be a lead of 30 kills instead .

On 7/16/2020 at 12:42 AM, Shal said:

1 fight is 6 min it starts at 5:59 and you forgot the 1 min in spawn when we are joining the arena. so its 14 min each round jordan could reduce the time from 6 to 4 min each round and it would be 10 min with spawn time and fight time. :)