Some questions from an old SB player

Vic79

Hello, I played SB for a little over a year on Aeria game, it was quite fun. The futuristic bikes and mechs were a big selling point for me. I had managed to get a decent setup, not top of the line but good enough to have a fighting chance at pvp, and then the news of the game shutting down comes and I was devastated. It was around that time I heard about this server starting, but I was busy with work and eventually forgot about it, until recently. Starting from scratch again years later, I do have a few questions and appreciate any help.

1. The site doesn't look like it has the regular web shop like from Aeria games, where they sold different items on different weeks and months. I say this because as a brand new player getting started is the hardest part, basic equipment can only take you so far. Quite frankly the equipments in the marketplace is so overpriced it would take years of money grinding just to get one thing, very inefficient. I know pay to win is at the discretion of the player, but I would settle for upgrading a fast bike first as a starting point. That being said, does this server have such web shop, perhaps once in a while, or just the in-game shop?

2. Is the drop rate for rare items dramatically increased? Every few minutes I would see global messages of some player getting a string of unique equipments, is this why you guys don't have the web shop because the game is saturated with rare items already?

3. On average how many players are playing? I ask this because no one seems to be playing the pvp maps like Janus or Turnpike, which seems to suggest there's very few low lv players around. Meanwhile, I guess those quests that requires you to join those matches will just have to remain in the quest log uncomplete, correct?

4. This may be a bug or not. I bought 10 narak to increase the success rate of upgrading my bike, and for some reason instead of being 10 separate pieces it was all stacked in one slot in the inventory. So when I drag it onto the enhancement slot it only fits 1 slot instead of 4. I can only think of 3 scenario: Either the enhancement will use the max number possible (4), it only uses 1, or worse case treats the stack of 10s as 1 and eats it all. I'm hoping it's #1, given how many people frequently upgrade their stuff this couldn't be a serious bug, some clarification is appreciated.

Thank you for your time, and happy to be back in the game. Cheers.

1. There are web shop that sells mystery boxes and in-game shop that sells this-and-that but none of which sells items that instantly makes yer toon tough and strong. It's still p2w but not as direct as ya might think. Ya can't buy the good stuff from the server but ya can instead buy vgn points (unsin real-life dough) and sell it to players for gold which ya can use to buy the gears ya need. Ya can't buy instant lv-up items but ya can bribe endgame players to power level ya.

3. No need to complete those quests unless ya have ocd. There aren't many new players around, thus less lowbies. Actually, there are plenty of fully geared lowbies. Be thankful they're not around cuz most of em are such immature that they would make ya regret palyin sb.

4. Hold <shift> while draging-and-droping those naraks into an empty slot in yer inventory.. This would enable ya to divide stacked-up items.

On 6/27/2020 at 10:16 PM, Vic79 said:

Hello, I played SB for a little over a year on Aeria game, it was quite fun. The futuristic bikes and mechs were a big selling point for me. I had managed to get a decent setup, not top of the line but good enough to have a fighting chance at pvp, and then the news of the game shutting down comes and I was devastated. It was around that time I heard about this server starting, but I was busy with work and eventually forgot about it, until recently. Starting from scratch again years later, I do have a few questions and appreciate any help.

1. The site doesn't look like it has the regular web shop like from Aeria games, where they sold different items on different weeks and months. I say this because as a brand new player getting started is the hardest part, basic equipment can only take you so far. Quite frankly the equipments in the marketplace is so overpriced it would take years of money grinding just to get one thing, very inefficient. I know pay to win is at the discretion of the player, but I would settle for upgrading a fast bike first as a starting point. That being said, does this server have such web shop, perhaps once in a while, or just the in-game shop?

2. Is the drop rate for rare items dramatically increased? Every few minutes I would see global messages of some player getting a string of unique equipments, is this why you guys don't have the web shop because the game is saturated with rare items already?

3. On average how many players are playing? I ask this because no one seems to be playing the pvp maps like Janus or Turnpike, which seems to suggest there's very few low lv players around. Meanwhile, I guess those quests that requires you to join those matches will just have to remain in the quest log uncomplete, correct?

4. This may be a bug or not. I bought 10 narak to increase the success rate of upgrading my bike, and for some reason instead of being 10 separate pieces it was all stacked in one slot in the inventory. So when I drag it onto the enhancement slot it only fits 1 slot instead of 4. I can only think of 3 scenario: Either the enhancement will use the max number possible (4), it only uses 1, or worse case treats the stack of 10s as 1 and eats it all. I'm hoping it's #1, given how many people frequently upgrade their stuff this couldn't be a serious bug, some clarification is appreciated.

Thank you for your time, and happy to be back in the game. Cheers.

Hello, and welcome back.

1.) As Sicat said. This game is based on Mystery boxes if you wanted to spend VGN points, but you can also spend them in game, if you press V for pet chips, pets, etc. The mystery boxes on the website are just costume and bike based with an exception of smaller items like fireworkers, pet hunger hacks, and I believe even mother miracles.
2.) Drops are pretty high at end game. There is always some sort of unique drop from every boss there. However, just because there are unique drops, doesn't mean they are exactly "unique" as they are not worth anything, especially most Kappa gears like suits, shoes, gloves, etc. You also have a high drop rate in TT (Tartarus which is level 60+) when it comes to unique costumes which were not on the Aeria server ever. They are not top priority at end game due to how little stat bonus they provide, but it gives a little difference. Pretty much, Vendetta is less P2W compared to Aeria for sure and drops are easier to get. Pretty much if you spend once in a while it will be easier than how it was with Aeria where if you had spend a lot of money to become the best of the best gear wise unless you constantly farmed all the time for hours.  Spanners are extremely cheap along with ancient spanners. Also, crafting gears is a thing as well and if you rather not spend tons of gold  for gears in AH, you can ask friends for Recognition medals which you use to craft gears along with unique and rare scanners.
3.) The player base is not huge for sure. Typically it's the same players and not many new players are coming. However, once you get to end game and/or join a helpful guild (I always recommend Filomena's guild, if you join RG as Filo is EXTREMELY helpful to new players) you will get things going and form some bonds with other players.

Thank you guys for the info, occasionally I hear on chat of someone wanting to buy AP (the vgn points) So how exactly would it work? I know you can send items to players via the mail, but not sure if it can send AP. Also what would be the conversion rate for 1:1, let's say for example 50000 points= ?gold. Thank you for your time.

Ya cant directly send AP to anybody. When people say they wanna buy AP they mean to buy AP items using gold.

The usual transaction goes like this. e.g. We need pet chips which the server sell for AP. We have gold but no AP, thus we cant buy those chips directly. We ask real-life wealthy players to purchase those chips usin their AP. We trade those chips from em using gold.

Buyin/sellin AP for 1:1 means 5K AP worth of items = 5K gold. Tho profiteers in consignment usually sell AP items twice or thrice its value in gold.