Sign in to follow this  
Shal

Please raise arena HP

Recommended Posts

The title has my request, its time to raise the hp in arena. Illus 2 shot with capped ice resis since 60 cap pretty much, never mind now that 65 weps are out. Theres no thing such as survival against that if you are trying to play a "tanky" class. Illu dmg is just too high so at least raise the HP.

Illu 2 shots makes most classes pretty pointless. Even on cap block u still gonna die pretty quick.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shal said:

The title has my request, its time to raise the hp in arena. Illus 2 shot with capped ice resis since 60 cap pretty much, never mind now that 65 weps are out. Theres no thing such as survival against that if you are trying to play a "tanky" class. Illu dmg is just too high so at least raise the HP.

Illu 2 shots makes most classes pretty pointless. Even on cap block u still gonna die pretty quick.

Thanks.

If you die in 2 shots raising the hp to 1/3 of your actual hp just take 1 more skill, HP doesnt make you survive, DMG reduction and resistence does.

At 65 cap Illu will do that easly on 70 doesnt cause have sage certificate. (20% of m dmg recived reduction)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Increasing the HP wont solve this issue as it just makes the weaker classes weaker and the stronger classes are still strong. Whats the difference between being 2 shot and being 3 shot or 4 shot when another class which may take 6 or 7 hits will then become 12 or 14 hits.

 

9 hours ago, infecttado said:

At 65 cap Illu will do that easly on 70 doesnt cause have sage certificate. (20% of m dmg recived reduction)

Sage Certificate doesn't really have any effect when it comes to normal classes as M-CRIT DMG Taken is like being hit with 2.8 M-CRIT DMG which isn't really much. What kills Illusionist or atleast nerfs it is the introduction of the Sage class itself and it's Anti-KD aura which will remove 1/3 of the Illusionists DMG.

Along with the DK certificate of -8% total damage reduction which is more than the Sage Certificate since its overall damage and not just M-CRIT DMG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jordan said:

Sage Certificate doesn't really have any effect when it comes to normal classes as M-CRIT DMG Taken is like being hit with 2.8 M-CRIT DMG which isn't really much.

I don't think that 20% less DMG is "not really much" tho. You can expect every illu that 2-shots you to have near 100% m-crit-r and 3.0 m-crit-d so you can basically say it is indeed 20% less dmg. Or does the cert work in a different weird way again?

 

Apart from that yeah, increasing HP won't do much i agree. Btw. i saw screensots of MA basic attacks hitting for 40k+ so it's not just an illu problem if at all :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean increasing HP could mean surviving an illu KD to CC them back, but sure I guess its pointless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SenorBernd said:

I don't think that 20% less DMG is "not really much" tho. You can expect every illu that 2-shots you to have near 100% m-crit-r and 3.0 m-crit-d so you can basically say it is indeed 20% less dmg. Or does the cert work in a different weird way again?

Apart from that yeah, increasing HP won't do much i agree. Btw. i saw screensots of MA basic attacks hitting for 40k+ so it's not just an illu problem if at all :D

It's not 20% of the total damage but 20% of the critical damage. So to simulate you can simply compare an Illusionist with 3.0 MDMG and 2.8 MDMG and thats the difference right there. Granted its still damage but as I was saying in my original response it's not what makes Illusionist weaker when 70 cap comes as the original poster was saying. Most people actually didn't use this certificate until Awaken classes came as it's mathmatically worse than the Dragon Knight -8% one and having 2 -DMG certificates can hinder the abillity to have 4 greens as when 70/75 cap comes that becomes a more feasible certificate build.

4 hours ago, Shal said:

I mean increasing HP could mean surviving an illu KD to CC them back, but sure I guess its pointless.

Yes but what about the rest of the classes is what I'm trying to say. Not every class can 2 shot you and this change hurts those classes too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand your frustration. However at this point in the game I feel like buffing HP would just buff cleric and templar to extraordinary levels and leave other classes almost useless against them, until maybe awakened weapons.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jordan said:

Along with the DK certificate of -8% total damage reduction

Isn't 4% on official version? thought u has changed it on awaken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, infecttado said:

Isn't 4% on official version? thought u has changed it on awaken

No it's a typo. Why would it be 4% for the level 1 and 2 version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just put a -dmg received in every pvp mode and a -healing received as well, easy, like on sakura. There's a reason why people go in sakura to test things, cause it's more realistic. The dmg you get from gears it's good when we talk about pve, but in pvp is a bit too much in everysense. I see illu oneshotting randomly having +10 staff or grim, in the same way me as MA with +2 cestus + shield, I think I do a bit too much dmg to cloth users since I can stun them and instantly k.o them except for some who have +10 set with all achievs and perfect stats. Reduce the dmg, reduce the healing, keep the hp the same, reduce the duration for every cc in arena since you can literally be chain cc for your entire life by 2 different holy smite or 2 different kd wich doesn't make any sense since you should get the "anti stun/kd" after the 1st effect, to no talk about fear wich lasts 10 seconds or so unless you are a warrior or warlock(in the case of those classes you can fear the whole enemy team so don't give me the crap about it's team game, we are all feared who's gonna cleanse me? Obviously the problem goes away with sage for most things). Yesterday I got randomly stunned for 9 seconds by the very same holy smite used by a single guy and not 2 different guys, I hope that's a bug, but literally stunned for 9 seconds by a single person holy smite spam. Sleep lasts ways too long but it's counterable with bard so not a big deal, but those things like stun/kd/fear are a bit too broken, also those npc selling anti things in arena are just unfair, there are people out there (not me) trying to gear up, and people who don't care at all since they have already everything who just spend honor stars on those pots and make everything ways less enjoyable.
Also block as it is in other games, shouldn't "block" attacks, but reduce the dmg incoming from them by the % of block, there's too much RNG in that 50% block, it's not skill expression, it's just luck, reducing it to 20%-30% and giving it the value of reduce dmg and not block them randomly would give a good point to the pvp, as it would make swapping a thing and not a based on luck thing.
This is just me writing down things, I don't expect things to change, I'm actually enjoying as it is right now. It's just my personal opinion on something that would make everything better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AceFire said:

Just put a -dmg received in every pvp mode and a -healing received as well, easy, like on sakura. There's a reason why people go in sakura to test things, cause it's more realistic.

It's more realistic because I changed it to be that way. It's based on Territory War which is designed for party of party skirmish and not 3 people vs another 3 people.

1 hour ago, AceFire said:

Sleep lasts ways too long but it's counterable with bard so not a big deal, but those things like stun/kd/fear are a bit too broken, also those npc selling anti things in arena are just unfair, there are people out there (not me) trying to gear up, and people who don't care at all since they have already everything who just spend honor stars on those pots and make everything ways less enjoyable.

This is an avenue to make changes or make suggestions as I'm sure there would be many people who'd rather spend gold or something else for these potions. There is a lot of wiggle room here that doesn't deviate from the classic experiance much.

1 hour ago, AceFire said:

Also block as it is in other games, shouldn't "block" attacks, but reduce the dmg incoming from them by the % of block, there's too much RNG in that 50% block, it's not skill expression, it's just luck, reducing it to 20%-30% and giving it the value of reduce dmg and not block them randomly would give a good point to the pvp, as it would make swapping a thing and not a based on luck thing.

Not the correct server to be working on changes like this. Classic is aimed at giving people the same experiance they had 10 years ago and not changing how core mechanics work. Although I don't disagree with a change like this since block is a very overpowered stat for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jordan said:

It's more realistic because I changed it to be that way. It's based on Territory War which is designed for party of party skirmish and not 3 people vs another 3 people.

This is an avenue to make changes or make suggestions as I'm sure there would be many people who'd rather spend gold or something else for these potions. There is a lot of wiggle room here that doesn't deviate from the classic experiance much.

Not the correct server to be working on changes like this. Classic is aimed at giving people the same experiance they had 10 years ago and not changing how core mechanics work. Although I don't disagree with a change like this since block is a very overpowered stat for sure.

Yes I totally agree, that's why I said I don't expect any change, cause the game is what it is and we liked it back then the way it was. I'm just trowing down ideas ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this