Sign in to follow this  
ewolf0113

Resist Cap Increase

Hello friends,

With the addition of 110% weapons and gear upgrades that can add another 8-10% to weapon damage, the scales have become unbalanced when compared to original classic EE. Even with capped(50) resists, it is impossible to mitigate the damage dealt in PvP, meaning that fights end 2-3 seconds after they begin. I personally feel that increasing max resistances in PvP settings(GvG/TW/Arena) by 10-20, and then adding a flat 10-20 all resists as a passive for being in PvP would remedy the issue. This would compensate for the increased damage dealt by players without having a negative impact on PvE, and the passive +10-20 would allow for the change without needing to release level 4 gems or invest further in resist sources. The cap and number of resists added are arbitrary amounts that you could tailor a bit for balance, but I feel that the easiest way to fix the damage scaling issue is simply to bump up the mitigation.

Thank  you!

• Like 1

I kinda agree in that damage dealt (mostly magic) is out of hand right now, but this is mostly in TW where a few guilds (1 rlly) stack parties and run together dealing crazy dmg and idk how this could be balanced properly since reducing general dmg could backfire and actually hurt guilds that only have 1 party to fight.

Still its pretty annoying having 50 fire/ice/holy + capped block and still dying in 1 kd, it feels kinda like theres not much u can do about that and idk how healthy that is.

Now instead of resistances there could be HP increase or KD boosted dmg nerf, maybe lowering KD boost multiplier might be better in this case but idk.

Now, what I think adds to this issue is snow storm immobilize, which DOESNT BREAK LIKE IN THE "ORIGINAL CLASSIC" SERVER and prevents you from avoiding dmg by moving away of aoes once hit, and so if you actually survive the KD push now you have to deal with a immobilize and dont u ever expect your healers to PW that when you have 5+ debuffs on you at the same time (gun/broken shell etc) and they will  probably get CCd themselves. I would personally like if jordan reverts snow storm to the way it originally worked because right now it adds fuel to this issue and is too OP by itself.

I agree, but I doubt that's possible. There are no lvl 4 gems so even with cap 70 there's no real way to go over 50 without giving up the stats that u need.

I agree that to accommodate the extra damage dealing power players have now, we should have damage reduction in pvp increased as well. People simply hit too hard to outheal currently, as even with full WIS forts healing simply hasn't been boosted to the same level as dps has. It's not unheard of for a party to have 4 healers on certain days when there are a lot of damage dealers on the other side. Make the -15% CRIT DMG buff in pvp a higher value, give flat or invisible resist, *something* should be tweaked a little because people die so fast even with all levels of mitigation available capped.

2 hours ago, AceFire said:

I agree, but I doubt that's possible. There are no lvl 4 gems so even with cap 70 there's no real way to go over 50 without giving up the stats that u need.

I mean thats why OP asked for a fixed base increase, but yeah idk if its good to do that. However what I think could help is reduce the range of aerolite (idea of one person in another post). I would say boosted range aerolite is one of the main issues because the range is insane and interrupts + boost the dmg taken on everyone involved (which is pretty much all the party since the range is huge).

I think in the original server it wasnt that much of an issue because the level of knowledge overall was lesser than here (most people know what to do and how to optimize their builds here) + there werent as many people geared up like here (from what i remember). Here in TW you see 2 pts coming to u at once, drop KD and then all dead.

Yes at least in my server, there were just 2-3 people with +10 weapons at lvl 65, all the rest were max +6, with a playerbase of more than 1000 players. One of the gms knows about it xD He was playing with me at that time. Sadly here is +10 or nothing. And even at +10 they want the % of the weapons increased to 120% wich for me at least doesn't make much sense. We are having issues now already, even if it's an increase of 1-2k, it would be only a negative thing. Just lower the dmg and healing received in pvp. That's the only solution honestly, for pve the game is perfect.

@ShalI already suggested something different to Jordan, something like changing the block value from "blocking" to "blocking the amount of dmg wrote as %". Let me explain this suggestion:
right now if you equip a shield, you can have up to 50% chance to totally delete an incoming damage. What I suggested was instead to reduce the max block value to a cap of 20%-30% and make it 100% block the amount of dmg written by the block %, so instead of blocking the dmg it would reduce the dmg received by 20%-30% whenever your equipping a shield.
However as a fellow programmer, I do understand that this is impossible, and probably none of the suggestions made by other people are actually any better to take in consideration. Those may sound good, but would totally change the nature of the game.
What we can do is wait for next cap and a proper 70 elem resistences cap.

No. 

Resists are fine rn its just there's ALOT of people. 10k's are not high hits with 50 current resists, which is generally the topnumber hits in TW rn.

3 mages = 30k

14 mages = 140k

ofc it feels like you're getting blasted, but trust me it's legit bc of co-ord and proper teamwork and hella people playing mage.

On MA with capped resists/block/eva I don't feel like i explode. Dunno just think if you're dying in one KD you're probably just not building enough block/resist. Or you're getting blasted by the triple hit/sadness meta..

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mehzu said:

No. 

Resists are fine rn its just there's ALOT of people. 10k's are not high hits with 50 current resists, which is generally the topnumber hits in TW rn.

3 mages = 30k

14 mages = 140k

ofc it feels like you're getting blasted, but trust me it's legit bc of co-ord and proper teamwork and hella people playing mage.

On MA with capped resists/block/eva I don't feel like i explode. Dunno just think if you're dying in one KD you're probably just not building enough block/resist. Or you're getting blasted by the triple hit/sadness meta..

I agree, however block isn't really saving you, it's luck what saves you. And sometimes there's just no luck. Luck shouldn't be a pvp wincondition at least in my opinion. Sometimes with 50% block I feel like blocking everysingle attack they trow at me, sometimes I just don't block anything at all. It's not consistent that's why I gave my suggestion about block rework.

I dont think raising the ressist cap or lowering the dmg taken at the moment is a good idea, maybe after awaken gears could be possible but doing both or mainly the - crit dmg taken would just make all other classes weaker than it already is and it would be even more mages inside tw and gvg because all other classes just wouldnt have enough dmg to be used.

I think if we are going to increase the elem cap it could be just for ice, since the biggest problem in arenas are ilus 1shooting ppl after kd and in tw all the mages hitting at the same time, it wouldnt make either of those classes useless because ilu always gonna have high dmg because of the triple hit and kd, and mage have fusion reaction that does a lot of dmg. Also wouldnt be that easy to reach 70 ress on this cap for the majority of players anyways.

4 hours ago, Yukani said:

I dont think raising the ressist cap or lowering the dmg taken at the moment is a good idea, maybe after awaken gears could be possible but doing both or mainly the - crit dmg taken would just make all other classes weaker than it already is and it would be even more mages inside tw and gvg because all other classes just wouldnt have enough dmg to be used.

I think if we are going to increase the elem cap it could be just for ice, since the biggest problem in arenas are ilus 1shooting ppl after kd and in tw all the mages hitting at the same time, it wouldnt make either of those classes useless because ilu always gonna have high dmg because of the triple hit and kd, and mage have fusion reaction that does a lot of dmg. Also wouldnt be that easy to reach 70 ress on this cap for the majority of players anyways.

Totally right, however illu isn't the only class hitting too hard. We have templars (tank classes) hitting for 20k+, Clerics with a spammable huge aoe skill with glyph hitting for 20k+ (not to say that the very same aoe skill comes with a stun of 3 seconds that is actually bugged and can be stacked), warlocks using mace and shield and still hitting for 10-15k. I mean this game has a lot of problems, it never been good pvp wise honestly, I would call it a one sided pvp. 3v3 dominated by magic classes, and don't give me the crap : you can counter it, I can't counter an aoe stun and sleep and fear and immobilization, let's say I've a cleric in team and he gets kd with me, who's gonna save me? In 3v3 glyphs make everything pretty much pointless, The aoe skills are just too big.
And for some reasons those very aoe skills have the longest cc duration for no reason at all.

Holy smite = 3 seconds stun, Sleep = 12+2 seconds sleep, Snow Storm = 3 seconds immobilization, Death threats = 5+2 seconds AOE fear, Aerolite = 3 seconds AOE KD. Warrior stun is single target stun for 2 seconds, MA is for 3 seconds. Templar is the only pseudo magic class, and since it's also magic I can see why 4 seconds kd and 3 seconds stun. Look like magic classes came to be broken. Warrior fear is a 5+2 seconds small aoe fear, and has a 2 minutes cooldown, Ranger fear is single target and shares the same cooldown of the ranger fear wich is single target. Then we can start talking about glyphs, and every aoe becomes insanely broken. Then we can start talking about wb's trophies and here is the big thing: looks like every magic class related wb's trophy is broken, while for p.classes it's just a buff duration+. Warlock can have +4 seconds on a aoe fear for no reason up to 11 seconds fear, nice. Cleric +2 seconds stun. The sleep can be +4 seconds as well. For some weird reasons there's no such a trophy that increases arrow of fear duration. But for magic classes there's one. Hey don't take me wrong I don't want a buff on rangers, this class itself is already too broken as well and I can notice it cause I'm playing it sometimes.
In general magic classes come with an insane kit of dmg and cc.

Again I would recommend a aoe dmg reduction in large scale pvp, for 3v3 I guess increasing all elem resistences by 10% wouldn't be that bad, and possibly lowering all the cc duration by half, (all, not only magic classes) with a nerf on heals.
Again don't take me wrong, I know that physical classes can be broken as well. I know it pretty well. But honestly this is not a classic server, this is just awaken server but harder. Melee classes are supposed to shred cloth users, but here's the thing:
cloth users have +10 sets already so def is quite high, then we take in consideration that you can reduce the p.dmg even better by putting p.resistences, and even more by swapping to shield wich is more effective vs p.dps since it doesn't give you only block but also defense, Vs magic classes? well you have to try your luck with block only, swapping to shield most of the times doesn't change anything. Defense is max 50% and then you have the extra p.resistences that realistically speaking will go up to 20% max even if cap is 50%, so 50% dmg reduction and  then another 20% on the result (I've seen people with capped p.resistences btw) while elem resistences will reduce the magic dmg only by half at cap, and most of the times building 50 elem resistences is gonna sacrifice a lot of your dps.

Having 50% block will obviously make you feel like you aren't exploding. You're effectively halving the dps you are taking, allowing healers to keep up. 2H classes have no real way to avoid damage altogether, considering the ease of +10 and gear upgrades invalidating evasion. Doing everything possible to mitigate damage still can't save you from 2-3 mages aoe'ing you on a 2H class, and I feel that is a problem. Tack on an aerolite damage multiplier + an 10-15k initial fire damage hit on the kd, and there is just too much damage being output, in my opinion.

2 hours ago, ewolf0113 said:

Having 50% block will obviously make you feel like you aren't exploding. You're effectively halving the dps you are taking, allowing healers to keep up. 2H classes have no real way to avoid damage altogether, considering the ease of +10 and gear upgrades invalidating evasion. Doing everything possible to mitigate damage still can't save you from 2-3 mages aoe'ing you on a 2H class, and I feel that is a problem. Tack on an aerolite damage multiplier + an 10-15k initial fire damage hit on the kd, and there is just too much damage being output, in my opinion.

True but I wouldn't consider block as a " counter option" cause it's just a luck value, it can block as much as it can't.

On 7/10/2020 at 5:53 AM, Mehzu said:

3 mages = 30k

14 mages = 140k

Pretty much the above.