Sign in to follow this  
AceFire

Physical Resistences!

Okay, fast and clear. I've noticed that we can go over 30 physical resistences wich wasn't a thing till lvl 75 cap. And you all know about it. Cap at 65 and 70 was just 30. 50 came with 70% def cap and 70 elem resistences cap. Why do we already have the 50 physical resistences?
Aren't 50% def + parry+ 30 physical resistences already enough to ruin a p.dps life? Just writing it now cause I just witnessed someone with 50 resistences on everything.

Okay im going to be blunt in my answer, you wrong!

You said urself in aven a week ago that phys resist is useless when u were Dueling a frog named Baskervile. He had  a ranger with bade 41 on all phys resist because " you deal the same dmg to ur couple who is a cleric with alot less resist". Also ur going to arena with +2 weapons... Ofc ppl with high resist will survive ur dmg. Another thing to add phys resist is hard to get unless ur a ranger atm we have ring enchants that give 6 and 1 cert that gives 5 including achievement add another 10 and 15 for strike thats base 21 resist. If u need to go higher u need to give up alot of dmg to add  gems and since each gem gives 3 even if u gem a full set with all 3 phys resist u wont reach the cap.. and no1 does that because ice resist is more important and they need the dmg. Im sorry to say it but u complain alot in forum while ign ur always speaking of how these resist dont matter to you. 

• Like 1

Not going to say 20 pts of resistance is negligible because its not. However, if your struggling as a PDPS now even if this is changed you will still struggle. This is a prime time of the game for PDPS. Hard forts, +10 being the cap, no battle mounts, lower movement speed and lower HP totals.

Also I'm not sure when the 50 physical resistance was added but I will check later when I'm working on stuff as I can check when they where added on FNO/US server. For example, 70 Elemental Resistance was increase with Sky Tower's release.

70% Defense was added with Dragon Knights release. I personally didn't ever use to build Physical Resistance back in the day and generally speaking most people didn't build much resistance since we where all bad back then so I didn't even know the cap for it until Mimic came out and suddenly half the servers running around with Awaken Greatsword PDPS Mimics.

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

Not going to say 20 pts of resistance is negligible because its not. However, if your struggling as a PDPS now even if this is changed you will still struggle. This is a prime time of the game for PDPS. Hard forts, +10 being the cap, no battle mounts, lower movement speed and lower HP totals.

Also I'm not sure when the 50 physical resistance was added but I will check later when I'm working on stuff as I can check when they where added on FNO/US server. For example, 70 Elemental Resistance was increase with Sky Tower's release.

70% Defense was added with Dragon Knights release. I personally didn't ever use to build Physical Resistance back in the day and generally speaking most people didn't build much resistance since we where all bad back then so I didn't even know the cap for it until Mimic came out and suddenly half the servers running around with Awaken Greatsword PDPS Mimics.

No no I don't struggle, was just to say, ye mb lvl 70 not 75 cap.

2 hours ago, Yukani said:

I also believe parry was capped at 50% on cap 65 and on the server atm we can reach 70%.

True I forgot about that

On 7/12/2020 at 3:21 PM, Norjomah said:

Okay im going to be blunt in my answer, you wrong!

You said urself in aven a week ago that phys resist is useless when u were Dueling a frog named Baskervile. He had  a ranger with bade 41 on all phys resist because " you deal the same dmg to ur couple who is a cleric with alot less resist". Also ur going to arena with +2 weapons... Ofc ppl with high resist will survive ur dmg. Another thing to add phys resist is hard to get unless ur a ranger atm we have ring enchants that give 6 and 1 cert that gives 5 including achievement add another 10 and 15 for strike thats base 21 resist. If u need to go higher u need to give up alot of dmg to add  gems and since each gem gives 3 even if u gem a full set with all 3 phys resist u wont reach the cap.. and no1 does that because ice resist is more important and they need the dmg. Im sorry to say it but u complain alot in forum while ign ur always speaking of how these resist dont matter to you. 

don't give me this crap tnx u, no one talked about it being a problem for me. I'm saying it cause people keep mentioning that this is aeria version cap 65 but brought back to vendetta cause people wanted it, but when we ask for cap 70 on elem resistences everyone says no, but this for some reasons is changed, when it should be 30 p.res and 50% parry max at this cap, I don't care if I do less damage, this post is to make everything fair.

So you are making a post to complain (suggest) something that doesnt even affect you? if some1 has a prolem with the current resists or any stat then they should come and speak about it, because from what im seeng ur making a post about how the life of pdps are "ruined" but its not something that you personally experience? maybe come and provide us with something you experienced with evidence on how lowering the resists will help these pdps that u "saw" complain... 

And yes resists were 25 in 65 cap but this isnt really a classic server, we are in a private server that is trying to improve the "classic" and tbh no1 does 50 resist on physical except for ppl who are sacrificing their lck gems to put on gems that give 3 to each resist... its hard to build these type of resistance and if some1 choose to go beyond the cap which is supposed to be 25... thats on them... not even healers have base presist above 25 unless they use the event buffs and healers need these type of resist more than any1. 

As I said before ur whole point is invalid unless you provide proof on how much physical resist reduction will help these players that you "heard" complain :)

and as for ur last line if u want to make things fair before coming to complain about resist which are a personal option in builds maybe make a post about the % on weapons? which we had since 60cap and that sure wasnt in "classic". and thats something that not an option for everyone because getting a higher % doesnt sacrifice anything in ur build unlike physical resist.

Thank You

1 hour ago, Norjomah said:

So you are making a post to complain (suggest) something that doesnt even affect you? if some1 has a prolem with the current resists or any stat then they should come and speak about it, because from what im seeng ur making a post about how the life of pdps are "ruined" but its not something that you personally experience? maybe come and provide us with something you experienced with evidence on how lowering the resists will help these pdps that u "saw" complain... 

And yes resists were 25 in 65 cap but this isnt really a classic server, we are in a private server that is trying to improve the "classic" and tbh no1 does 50 resist on physical except for ppl who are sacrificing their lck gems to put on gems that give 3 to each resist... its hard to build these type of resistance and if some1 choose to go beyond the cap which is supposed to be 25... thats on them... not even healers have base presist above 25 unless they use the event buffs and healers need these type of resist more than any1. 

As I said before ur whole point is invalid unless you provide proof on how much physical resist reduction will help these players that you "heard" complain :)

and as for ur last line if u want to make things fair before coming to complain about resist which are a personal option in builds maybe make a post about the % on weapons? which we had since 60cap and that sure wasnt in "classic". and thats something that not an option for everyone because getting a higher % doesnt sacrifice anything in ur build unlike physical resist.

Thank You

Please man, don't say this, it obviously affects me, the thing is I just don't care about it affecting me since I'm playing the game as casual. Again is to make things fair cause when you want to say anything about m-classes the answer is always no doesn't matter how right I am or whatever, while changes have been made for p-classes. Again if we want to be fair there were only Humans and Halfkins in 65 cap so the problem but this is a good thing, because it brings new aspect of the game. But what I'm talking about is a balance between m and p classes wich in this case you can say whatever you want, right now is not fair, and if the answer at everyproblem that the comunity says is: well it wasn't in aeria and this is an aeria based server. Well this wasn't in aeria thanks.

Also don't take it as an accusation, I'm just watching the server slowly dying because nothing has been done to fix these things.
Also yes weapons % wasn't here and I was totally opposed to seeing it here. We discussed this but hey what can we do, a minority is asking for fair things. Well it's a minority. no one ever cares of the minority so even if that "group of people" is 1000% right, no the majority will become a thing even if is totally wrong. The simple thing that 120% with drivers came on even is 1 atk is a p2w factor, f2p can't farm for real for that cap at this speed, each patch is too close to the next one there's no time and don't say there's enough time, there's enough time only when you give up trying to compete with those players as a f2p. 
If we want to talk about unfair things, I've so many things that are unfair but wich are actually not a VGN fault, because the game was made like this, like how unfair the fear classes are for example: when we talk about warlock for example it has a fear wich is ranged and is aoe, wich can't be stopped because is bugged or glitched I think and that was on another thread that I posted, the sad part is that fear is AOE, RANGED,INSTANT CAST because everyone has instant cast, can go up to 11 seconds, oh btw 1 min cd. When we see p.classes about it we see warrior with 2 mins cd and u have to expose urself to use it , small range, 7 secs max while ranger 7 sec max, ranged and single target and you can't cast it with a mace/shield ;) Both the p.classes fear can be reduced from 2 mins cd to 1 mind cd with glyph.
Yet this isn't the main theme of the thread. 
I can list up to 5 pages probably of things being unfair in the game(some being for m-classes, some for p-classes), but I do understand some are x.legends fault or aeria and not vgn so I just don't. However this is a thing made by VGN. 

You said that if you waste space for resistences gems or eventually on some classes talents and if you want you can put certs as well. However let me say, lck gems don't add that much crit or m-crit, the best build you can bring for any set is to max out your resistences. Since a bit of lck and a 5% additional crit rate or m-crit rate  won't really change much, you get crit rate basically from accessories or trophies if you really want, either you put full resistences on gears, either you put them on weapon. Now since the server is one way around = mage/cleric/illu/templar/ranger you need only holy/ice/pierce resistences. So there's not really a problem choosing, there are few resistences wich are useless in the current meta.

Now I don't remember if it was 25 or 30 the cap, if it was 25 even better, but I'm sure that it wasn't 50. As well as Yukani said parry wasn't 70% as well but just 50%. I don't think this is an hard thing to do honestly and I think it is needed. 

Now I don't want to use as an excuse the fact that people are quitting because of it cause is 50% true and 50% false. Cause there are other reasons, however I know so many great players that I know from years that have actually quitted cause of this simple "being unfair".

I tested it few days ago and the actualy damage reduction is visible, having 50% p.res results in an additional 25% dmg reduction in total with def so up to 75% dmg reduction if you really want to put 50 p.resistences. I do understand it, is a bit unreasonable to do cause is not worth it. But if you do the dmg difference is huge.

But as stupid as it might sound, I just want the server to be balanced and fair.
Hey to be honest, I did a post where I complained about my main class = Martial Artist being too strong in 3v3. So don't take me like: oh this guy just wants things to be easier for him, no man no I want things to be good, to be fun, to be enjoyable for everyone and not only for 1 person or a group of people in the server. Everysingle one of them both p2p or f2p players. I don't want to ruin anyone's experience, I want to make things better, I want the server to live since it was such a good idea to open this server. Yes is so sad to see it slowly and slowly dying. Proably half of the people that quitted are just waiting for awaken, but I mean awaken patch is not that big of a thing, it's just new weapons nothing else is not new content, are the same weapons that you are using but just a bit stronger. I'm pretty sure if they come back for awaken patch, they will just quit right after doing them because is just boring, you go in tw and you see the typical mage/cleric aoe spam + illu, magic bear to aoe fear. It's always the same thing. GvG is the same thing. Rarely you see a templar or any other class. I don't know in my personal opinion it's just boring so more people and more people will keep quitting. Doesn't matter if we have more stones or whatever (stones thing will just improve the economy maybe) but in general is boring, it was more fun in awaken to be honest. There were things to do. Ye I get it everyone that is playing classic or at least a good 90% of the total player base is a player wich years of experience in this game so obviously something that lasted like years on aeria is gonna last 1 or 2 months here. But still there are so many things that can be improved and in some cases fixed because I've never seen some of those things on aeria cap 65, and I'm not saying this cause I want them to copy aeria, is because some things are better while some are 100% worst.

This is my personal opinion, you are free to think how you want to think. But I see the numbers going down, and this overall situation is quite sad.

Let's try to collaborate, and fix things step by step. I'm a programmer myself and I do understand it takes time to make things better, I'm not rushing anything, that's not what I want to look like. But step by step we can change the whole situation instead of always being kids on forum and insult eachother for no reason when we should work together to have actual results in the game.

You guys can close the thread I don't want to argue with anyone. I was just giving some info. Take your decisions on what to do and let us know about it. Obviously talking about the resistences thing, I don't need to discuss it with someone, there are proofs that resistences were capped at 25 or 30 I don't remember exactly was long time ago. Parry yes I do remember it, if I find a good old video about it I will post it. I don't care if I do less damage, I don't care if I do more damage, but yes this is how things were supposed to be and how I personally expect them to be, since this is not a private server as you multiple times said.

Sorry for the tone, but this makes me a bit angry when I see someone talking about things that makes no sense, cause the only thing I see in this server is a one sided game, only m.classes being played and those 2-3 people that play p-classes not only they can't do really much, they get flamed for being useless. And this whole thing makes it even worse for not being as it should be.
When I will see something being unfair for m-classes instead like I did in the past, I will do it again, like I wanted a somewhat nerf for my main class wich is MA I will do it again, if I think that becomes unfair for them.

Well ur wrong again because pdps classes arent useless at all, rangers are too strong (its just that there arent much good rangers in the server) but rangers can kill illu and healer really fast. Also GEARED ma are really strong and can shut down the rise of healers that we have. At this cap pdps are really strong and with a good shield (orange or gold +3) they can survive illu and counter kill them. Atm 3v3 and 10v10 is filled with wariors that can 3hit any1 like Udo and Waldruf not sure about the name kf its correct also we have ppl like dani and heart. So to reply to ur first post not even gonna react to the essay u wrote. No physical resist is fine as it is and the game isnt dominated by mdps that much its mot like 60 cap. If a pdps feels like he is weaker than mdps then what he needs is to fort his gear and build it right not ask for lower resist. And trust me even with +6 on everything the dmg is enough so +10 is sure to do the job.

I'm not really going to get involved in the whole "This resistance is too high" as I agree with Norjomah in saying that most people likely don't even have 30 Physical Resistance as with the amount the gems currently give and the amount of places to get Physical Resistance from is very little, you'd likely need to use resistance pots to cap it unless you go all out on it or playing a class with Physical Resistance passive/KP which again is very few.

Personally I don't really care and it can be changed in no time but as the attention on this post would suggest its not something people really care for (If you compare this post to half the other posts on this forums which almost always turn into flame wars). So if people actually care for something like this asside from the OP then speak up.

5 hours ago, AceFire said:

Now I don't want to use as an excuse the fact that people are quitting because of it cause is 50% true and 50% false. Cause there are other reasons, however I know so many great players that I know from years that have actually quitted cause of this simple "being unfair".

I mainly wanted to comment on this topic of "people quitting because of x". I can assure you now, if people had a problem with Physical Resistance and they where quitting over it then something would have been said to me in tickets, privately or on here. People are anything but quiet with issues with the game and if its something that drives a person to quit the game, it would have been mentioned elsewhere.

There has been a few people "quitting" the past few weeks and there is a couple reasons why. Some might be due to covid and people not having time to play anymore as they're going back to work / school. Some have quit over the nostalgia dying out (as expected, WoW classic was the rave for a couple months and now you don't really hear about it anymore right?), people who have quit over losing in TW/GVG (Which is the most recent trend and again expected as it happens on the Awaken Server and has been happening for years) and ofcourse there will be some that don't appreciate the decisions made by us (VGN) in game direction which again is expected.

No game is safe from people quitting and magically kissing there ass and begging them to stay doesn't do any good either as they will just quit over the next thing they don't like. People where quiting Aeria and Awaken almost daily at their peak activity as thats what people do. Now again I stress this, this is not me saying fuck off to anyone who wants to quit if they don't like something but honestly anyone who says they're quitting over something minor like Physical Resistance without me hearing a whisper about it, they're just full of it.

So if you're one of these "quitters" or you have a complaint about physical resistance nows your time to speak up. This isn't a post for flaming each other and this isn't a post for defending points with "people are quitting because of this". Simply put your opinion in the reply box whether you agree or disagree and thats all thats needed. No need to back and fourth argue with someone over it, if you have something you disagree with you can do it in a civil manor and thats it.

Also I'm fully aware now that I've responded this could turn into another Safety Stone flame war. Just going to state it now if your post includes anything about Safety Stones or direct attacks towards anyone on this post not only myself then I will simply just hide your response. This topic is about Physical Resistance and things relating to Physical Resistance, nothing more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MDPS always were and will always be >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PDPS in PvP. We've seen many times in the past that neither the community or Jordan care about doing something against it and honestly i'm fine with it. At least PDPS are good in PvE.

That said i think i've never seen someone with all phys res capped? And if so, they may tank a bit but also deal 0 dmg i guess so who cares. As Jordan hinted, i too think this is one of the last things people would ever quit over tbh :D And i'm saying this as a PDPS main owo(ok to be fair i gave up on PvP a longer time ago on this server but still it's pretty much correct)

Guys I don't care if no one has them, why is it like that when it shouldn't be, that's the problem. I don't care if I do less damage, I don't care if I do more damage, I said it already but things should be as they should be. And seriously Jordan I don't want the war, sometimes I just talk too much cause I get angry really fast if is something that I care about, sorry about that. But I know for sure that there are people who quitted for how p.classes are treated.

Now my thinking is, maybe it's true having them limited to 25 or 30 won't really change much because almost no one goes to that cap, true(parry 70% is easily achievable, even without capes crafted so that at least should be changed). However as I said before it's just a matter of being fair with all the classes. I personally think that showing that type of interest would change a lot of things, would promote the use of p.classes and would balance just a bit the disparity between both p and m classes, even if it doesn't change much. In reality it does because there are a lot of people who put on the whole weapon full pierce gems and well not even ranger is good anymore there. In this server is not really hard to achieve 50% def even if you are a cloth user. Then after that you add the p.resistences and it becomes weird, then you add a parry that has a great chance of working and you won't do any damage anymore cause parry works for p.dmg only and it works if you equip a 2h weapon only wich is the main weapon for a m.dps class. Unless you decide to change defense to apply on m.dmg as well, cause everyone here knows m-dps do ways ways more dmg than a p.dps.
And you are right p.dps don't really need +10 to do dmg because most of their damage comes from being fast and not from heavy hitting, sustain over burst, while mages are burst over sustain. However having a cestus +2 or +10 doesn't really change much in terms of damage, the formula of this game is quite simple 1000 p..atk = 100 more dmg on hit. I personally have 30k p-atk with +2 weapons and +10 weapons users have 37k or at max 40k with dual wielding (wich can't apply parry for some reasons because x-legend decided it to be like that but it's okay). That's a differeof 1000 damance that you get on hit multiplied by 3 in case you have 3.00 crit damage. But then you have to deal with def reduction, then p.resistences, sometimes parry, and even more DEF reduces p.crit dmg received for some reasons.
My question is why there's so much on p.dps. And you can't answer to this because you didn't create the game itself.
And that's what I'm asking you, to fix this by giving what is fair. I'm trying to give a chance to them since is something that concerns myself as well. I never tought about it because both aeria and awaken I've always been a .m.dps user from the start but now I'm seeing it. It's weird.
I'm not trying to insult anyone, I'm just giving a suggestion.

14 hours ago, SenorBernd said:

As Jordan hinted, i too think this is one of the last things people would ever quit over tbh :D

Add me on discord I will give you 50+ screens of people quitting for this exact reason and even more if we talk about the disparity of p and m classes. Ye I've proofs about it, I'm not talking just to talk.

1 hour ago, AceFire said:

My question is why there's so much on p.dps. And you can't answer to this because you didn't create the game itself.
And that's what I'm asking you, to fix this by giving what is fair. I'm trying to give a chance to them since is something that concerns myself as well. I never tought about it because both aeria and awaken I've always been a .m.dps user from the start but now I'm seeing it. It's weird.
I'm not trying to insult anyone, I'm just giving a suggestion.

I mean you don't have to have made the game to answer this question.

The simple answer is PDPS classes have basic attacks that with capped attack speed can get you 3x as many attacks in atleast over MDPS classes. When they added Magic Basic attacks in the future games they also added Magic Defence too. There was a reason they raised the Defence cap first too as 70% defence came with Dragon Knight and I know that for a fact as they're referenced together just like Elemental Resistance and Sky Tower are.

PDPS only have 1 problem in the game and thats been the same problem since day 1. They are easily kited, hence why on official using those -Move Speed gears was a thing. And no adding dashes to every pdps class isn't the be all end all solution to this problem either.

I mean just look at a awaken. I gave small edges to PDPS classes such as slightly longer skill ranges on some classes and movement speed and damage buffs and now PDPS pretty much ruin all balance on the game. Yeh you have some MDPS classes that are still top tier like Mecha but for the most part people run dungeons on PDPS classes, dailys on PDPS classes, EXP runs on PDPS classes and even PvP on PDPS classes.

1 hour ago, AceFire said:

Add me on discord I will give you 50+ screens of people quitting for this exact reason and even more if we talk about the disparity of p and m classes. Ye I've proofs about it, I'm not talking just to talk.

Also I wasn't saying people where not saying this is the reason. But I can promise you if 10 people said they quit cause lifes unfair as a PDPS. 9 of those 10 people are lying for sure as most people in the 4-5 years of me working on the game and the 7-8 years playing the game most people who quit who are relevant in the games late game quit for either lack of content or bruised ego. You can tell this by the fact in a few months they join a winning guild and then suddenly come back and are winning again and suddenly these "PDPS problems" that are unchanged are no longer a problem. Whether you believe me or not I don't really care but I've been around long enough to experiance this happening with multiple "top" guilds and their members.

Edit ~ Important

I'd just like to add after looking into it, I cannot find a single referance to Physical Resistance being lower than 50 pts. This is not me saying people are wrong but I'm yet to see confirmation of it ever being capped below 50.

I have found referance to Parry being 50% and that was capped at 50% up until when Dragon Knight was release (Same as defence). I'm yet to find anything on Physical Resistance so if anyone has any confirmation then please do provide it.

3 hours ago, Jordan said:

I mean just look at a awaken. I gave small edges to PDPS classes such as slightly longer skill ranges on some classes and movement speed and damage buffs and now PDPS pretty much ruin all balance on the game. Yeh you have some MDPS classes that are still top tier like Mecha but for the most part people run dungeons on PDPS classes, dailys on PDPS classes, EXP runs on PDPS classes and even PvP on PDPS classes.

True you did such a great job there balancing everything.

And sadly I don't have videos and screens so old, I'm looking to old channels but I can't find it so easily, might take time, or if we can somehow check old old patches of aeria there should be one probably lvl 70 cap saying that. I think. I will check and post here anything that I find relevant.

For some reasons on aeria and even on forum there's no lvl 65-70-75 patch, they literally skip from 60 to 80. Unfortunately I don't really understand FNO languages.

I think the game is FAIR between mdps and pdps if you know how to play it (not counting minor class bug)

it just pdps harder to play and built than mdps, because mpds easy to build, easy play and easy result (burst). So majority people will chose easy road (mpds) than hard road (pdps), be it f2p or p2w player.

If you know how to play pdps, it easy to kill mdps

If we trace history majority of people play mpds for so looooong years like more than 5 years, until jordan do some adjustment on awaken pdps and player start moving to pdps, because pdps became easier to play, it then make this people realize the value of raw gem pdps and explore it.

My self main mdps because i like mage/wizard thing, but when on top i become bored mpds, I need new trill build raw gem pdps which people rare to play. My target 1-2 hit kill assasin back then. this before jordan do adjusment. 

Cheer up bro, dont be sad because u play minority class or over some minor like p-rest. You will get the trill and happinest to craft raw gem.

-----

As for fairness between f2p and p2w, hehehe, be it real world or virtual world, people with more power always win. Money is power, Grind is power, Intelligent is power. 
If we want fairness between f2p and p2w, the answer is NO, server and staff need money to run. people with money will get more booster than free one, it hard rule in so much game. so f2p need to get more power by more grinding and intelligent than p2w player.

-----
btw I don't like parry as it lack compared to eva. overcap parry still make u die than overcap eva. yeah overcap, because it better to overcap than cap it, when you get debuff, you still get reserve to patch.