Other class outfits as Costumes

SenorBernd

Hi!

Since many of the real costumes look pretty shit on Rats/Frogs/Bears and the implementation of Mimic class outfit worked out pretty well i thougt it'd be nice to ahve more of the class outfits as real costumes. Let's be real some of them look pretty neat on the "other races" for example martial artist or ranger but in general many of them.

Would be nice to see, don't know if honor stars would be the best choice for them tho, maybe like CCM or even pure Gold(would also make a neat goldsink for the economy).

9 minutes ago, Herakles said:

I like the idea, I already have an idea that we can add, but I don't know if it's better to buy them with Honor Stars or CCMs. We'll have to see with Jordan.

PS: I'll give you the list. Jordina

for mimic 5k honor stars is TOO much since we will need to acumulate ALOT until lv80-85.
I think ccm is good deal like 10-15k.
(Would be nice see this on awaken too but with diferent way to get them)
Idea:Add to top rank prize from 1x1,box give you coins that u can trade for it. (Only 1st place get it), each class give specific coin.
this will make 1x1 arena playable on awaken (can be used on Classic too)

I don't like this idea.
Imagine trying to fear a martial artist in arena and it turns out to be a warrior/warlock who cant be feared.
I know that would be hard to happen since you can see the class of your opponents pressing Y and when targeting him. But if it can happen once means that this costume can get you a advantage it shoudln't.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Tuti said:

I don't like this idea.
Imagine trying to fear a martial artist in arena and it turns out to be a warrior/warlock who cant be feared.
I know that would be hard to happen since you can see the class of your opponents pressing Y and when targeting him. But if it can happen once means that this costume can get you a advantage it shoudln't.

I think that's a pretty weird argument. I mean i don't now how much time you have in arena to zoom in and look at how your opponnent looks, but i just tab around and hit things tbh. Apart from that i don't think it would cause any confusion at all, except you're literally blind.. Do you also think you're fighting a mimic when someone has their outfit on? Or fighting a schoolgirl if they have the uniform on? 

I mean i can see where you're coming from but that's really just a bit nonsense tbh

Apart from that: not everything in this game revolves around PvP and Arena, something many players and sadly even some Devs still don't appreciate/understand :D

Just now, SenorBernd said:

I think that's a pretty weird argument tbh. I mean i don't now how much time you have in arena to zoom in and look at how your opponnent looks, but i just tab around and hit things tbh. Apart from that i don't think it would cause any confusion at all, except you're literally blind.. Do you also think you're fighting a mimic when someone has their outfit on? Or fighting a schoolgirl if they have the uniform on? 

I mean i can see where you're coming from but that's really just a bit nonsense tbh

If you take warlock as example, you can't simply tab and cast fear since its a paceable AOE.
Same for Illu sleep, even tho it has a bigger area, you could try to sleep a knight that is using another class skill.
Even if you tab, there are situations that you need to move your mouse and click and someone will be at a disadvantage by having people playing x class with y costume.
You can argue that any costume can have this effect since we can't know the class someone is playing just by looking at it, but t least normal costumes only "hides" the class someone is playing, don't misslead you to think they are playing something else.

Well we'll have to see Jordans opinion on this but i still think it's not as big of a deal. 

Maybe it even brings some more life innto the dull "mages >>>>>>>>>>>>> rest" meta. Talking the "build variety" and "tactical gameplay" people are always talking about here. Who knows :D 

• VGN GM
2 hours ago, infecttado said:

for mimic 5k honor stars is TOO much since we will need to acumulate ALOT until lv80-85.

5K honor stars for a costume that shouldn't really just be a hand out isn't a lot at all. Gives people purpose to queue arena other than for sets as not everyone will be making arena sets and certain people queue so much arena to not need it. We need to be making Arena more rewarding not less rewarding.

1 hour ago, Tuti said:

To a degree but lets face it, the only mode this actually effects much if anything is 3v3. Other PvP modes have battle armor that half the players use anyway that shows all classes as looking the same. This is something so minor that really doesn't matter.

~~

Would always be Honor Stars something like this as it adds flavour to the arena other than Armor sets. It's a good reward that is completely optional but something that people would actually want. Especially If you added the later ones like most of the level 90 ones look really good.

The issue and the only reason I won't add them is icon's. It was a pain to get the Mimic one sorted and had to call in a favour from a friend. So unless a community member is willing to make icon's and the standard of them is good enough then I will not add them.

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

To a degree but lets face it, the only mode this actually effects much if anything is 3v3. Other PvP modes have battle armor that half the players use anyway that shows all classes as looking the same. This is something so minor that really doesn't matter.

Its possible to disable it in 3x3? Otherwise I don't think its a Minor thing since its the PVP that is open for more time for people to play and its always active.

@Jordan if i were to say i'd do the icons, would leave a few questions tho:

1. how do we chose/know which class outfit will be taken? do you just chose one and tell us(/me)?

2. will it be done for all classes or just a select few?

3. if you say you do it if someone creates the icons, will you put a timeframe or can it take it's time?

don't know if messaging in private may be the best option here :D

1 hour ago, SenorBernd said:

@Jordan if i were to say i'd do the icons, would leave a few questions tho:

1. how do we chose/know which class outfit will be taken? do you just chose one and tell us(/me)?

2. will it be done for all classes or just a select few?

3. if you say you do it if someone creates the icons, will you put a timeframe or can it take it's time?

don't know if messaging in private may be the best option here :D

I can try to answer

1 The lv 90 Outfit would be a good start.
2 I think we can take them all, as long as someone's motivated to do the icon's.
3 It can take as long as he wants, there is no time limit. It's at the whim of the person who wants to help us.

I can give outfit numbers if anyone wants to make them. To know which ones we're talking about

3 minutes ago, Herakles said:

I can try to answer

1 The lv 90 Outfit would be a good start.
2 I think we can take them all, as long as someone's motivated to do the icon's.
3 It can take as long as he wants, there is no time limit. It's at the whim of the person who wants to help us.

I can give outfit numbers if anyone wants to make them. To know which ones we're talking about

Sweet. With outfit numbers you mean the actual number of the Class Outfit within the interface right?

Also another question i forgot before: do they need to have the green/blue(for alpha/prime) frames around them on the icon or does the game do it by itself?

• VGN GM
15 hours ago, SenorBernd said:

Sweet. With outfit numbers you mean the actual number of the Class Outfit within the interface right?

Also another question i forgot before: do they need to have the green/blue(for alpha/prime) frames around them on the icon or does the game do it by itself?

A single icon is all that is needed. If you know someone you can send in a ticket for them to contact me privately for more information on what to do.

44 minutes ago, Jordan said:

A single icon is all that is needed. If you know someone you can send in a ticket for them to contact me privately for more information on what to do.

can't you use somthing different than an icon that represent the costume, like samurai coin for the samurai's one ?