Suggestions on ATK SPD system

Michael

Hi. I am calculating the relationships between ATK SPD, the ATK SPD %, and the ATK SPD cap. I would like to share what I have found and to make some comments on the ATK SPD system. The main idea of this post is to suggest a small buff on (some) Ranged DPS Classes by granting them the ability to break the ATK SPD cap. 

Conversions between the value, percentage, and actual ATK speed

The value and the percentage can be interconverted through:  ATK SPD (in %) = Value / (0.4*Lv +1)

So, if a Lv. 120 player has 1111 ATK SPD, they will have like 1111 / (0.4*120 +1 ) = 22.67% ATK SPD (in %)

And the actual increased ATK speed is not 22.67%, but it varies with respect to weapons.

For an axe with 2.0 attacking time, 22.67% ATK SPD is actually granting you 40.5% actual ATK SPD.

ATK speed cap and ways for increasing ATK speed

The attack speed cap is 1.5 hit/sec. No matter how hard you build you attack speed, you can only do 1.5 hit for a second.

Apart from adding ATK SPD value from equipment, players can increase their ATK speed by putting on +20% ATK SPD pets, +15% ATK SPD certificate, or by skills (e.g. Asura's Rage). Those ways are all directly granting players ATK SPD (in %).

The problem is: no matter it is an axe (2.0 attacking time) or a dagger (1.4), it only takes you about 49%~73% ATK SPD (in%) to gain that 1.5 ATK SPD cap. They can be build up so easily compared to CRIT rate or EVA, and there is no way that you can break the cap.

Suggestions

I think the Ranged DPS class (except Rifleteer) is a bit weak compared to tank DPS and melee DPS classes. So I am thinking of, like, adding skills/KPs/class passive to grant those classes ways to break the 1.5 hit/s cap. So, after the buff, other already-existing DPS classes can have good P-ATK and DMG dealt increase while Ranged DPS can have high ATK SPD to deal damage. I hope Ranged DPS classes will have a better pick rate after this buff. Thank you. 

• VGN GM

Cant seem to find the document on this but from what I remember the max range was between 60-70% depending on the weapon.

Also this wouldn't change anything for ranged classes as they are already good just mostly in PvP. People already underestimate how strong Basic attacks are so adding more wouldn't change that.

Reaver is pretty much always been used, good solo class good party class.

Rifleteer is as you mentioned really strong.

Mecha Ares is pretty much the best PvP class or atleast top 3.

Annihilator has similar potential as Mecha Ares but is more of a BP killer in PvE.

Lethal Arrow can be strong if built right and Celestial Arrow is very good for debuffing enemies with CC equipment.

As for Trainer I hear its got damage potential but I cannot say for certain and Devil Hunter has been pretty quiet even after its rework.

I thought about your feedback and I have come up with another similar idea. For the classes (not only the Ranged one), is it possible to un-cap the attack SPD cap by granting them a gradually increased maximum attack speed?

e.g. "continuous attacking (the same target) will grant additional 0.02 to cap attack speed to a maximum 2.X hits/sec."

So it is not gonna significant affect the balance of PvP while can rescue some classes for PvE. It is really dull to see only those DPS classes in PvE with the same set of gear/accessory and I think uncapping the maximum attack speed is really a potential area (We have got many ATK SPD+20% pets in this server).

• VGN GM

I just dont really see a need to mess with a stat that is functional and balanced as it is. Basic attacks give pdps a lot of edge over mdps classes especially in PvE and its one of the main reasons they're the more popular classes to use in PvP as they give more damage this way.

I know that many people overcap attack speed at this point but this is similar with most stats in the game right now as stats are generally speaking very easy to cap since 90 gears onwards. The only way to bring this down is with level caps as stat requirements go up and if the gear is lower than the cap then the gear usually struggles to cap all stats.