Please help with RaGEZONE's Scarlet Blade private server development

Terresa

Hello there.

This is my first post on this forum so I hope I submitted it in the right section.

First, thank you for keeping this game alive, we really apreciate the effort you put into making this game community possible and we hope that it will be going forever. This game is very important for us since most of the players grew up playing it (I play it since i was 16 yers old)

There is a little project on RaGEZONE forums to ressurect an earlyer version of Scarlet Blade (that I am sure you are aware of). One developer there managed to start the server and log in the game on a local network. Unfortunately the game is still unstable and needs some tweaks in the server database and maybe some earlyer version of the game client. I did not follow all the dev logs until now but it doesn't seem like they could get it to work properly without some help. Would you please asist them in making this little project work ? I think it would be great if (with your help) they will manage to get it to work (at least to level cap 39....or even 29). I don't by any means try to ask you to unveil how you did your version of the game, just to help them a little bit with what they did until now. Currently, the only 2 I've seen to work on the files are Hyker and DNC, I think one of the devs might be even you @Bash or @Vivi. I am sorry for asking this, I kow you have other trouble to deal with, and if you don't want to participate in their development thats fine. I hope I will not get myself into any trouble by posting this, I just wanted to ask for help, you might even already work with them and I wouldn't know.
http://forum.ragezone.com/f857/scarlet-blade-server-files-client-1163598/

Have a nice day.

Btw sorry for my bad english.

• Like 1

if you read that topic that you did link, you can see there that DNC have said that have he dont have time to spend on that game project anymore and that hycker have not speak in that topic almost over year so i think they not really working on it anymore and why could VGN help with this ,since helping them could make new potential private servers to rise that could be threat to their own server to stay alive longer

• Like 1

Just because the main devs stopped that doesn't mean the project is dead, there are people that sill try to run the game (the last one i recall was AlphaLove). I can ask them if they want to rejoin. Also, if you can't find the files i can link them to you.

Hello, I take the liberty of answering to say that we won't help any other developer for any other version of our current games or any other type of game. Our Developers already have enough work with our current games to be able to take care of other versions, unless one day Bash and Vivi decide to make their own version of Scarlet Blade, but in that case we will do it ourselves. (If I'm wrong, sorry, Vivi or Bash, don't hit me, Y.Y)

As long as you have copy of the server files or if you dont you can just listen to vendetta packets vendetta and see what data client sends and what you recieve then you build the server from scratch, not advisable though, after that  reverse engineering the whole game only takes time but is not impossible.

But what's the point of recreating the game? Making them is one thing, but maintaining them is another, you will also need to deal with all the problem they went through from these past years, plus dedicated sofware devs that knows what they are doing. Can you explain what's the purpose for bringing this up?

Just wanted to run it locally on my PC for fun, also it would be nice if we had some other servers that are capped for low levels. I was just asking for a little help on that project; I am convinced they also asked for help at some point (on the xentax forum at least), so why not helping someone back ? Thank you for answering , and sorry for wasting your time reading my post. I will not bother you again.

Peace out.

• Bash locked this topic