[EE] Game won't launch

Shihaisha

Hey everyone,

After downloading the game, whitelisting everything, adding the game folder on Windows Defender exclusions, turning off my firewall (I don't have any antivirus software installed), verifying my files, rebooting my PC and reinstalling the game, the game still won't launch.

Managed to see the game launch briefly twice while opening it through the bat file, but it closed after a few seconds. I don't have any options left but to ask for help here. T-T

EDIT1: Setting the game to Windows XP compatibility mode worked once.

EDIT2: Closing the game and trying to open it again (same settings) failed.

On 7/19/2020 at 5:54 PM, Jordan said:

The error in the second screenshot is usually down to your Anti-Virus. From the looks of your screenshot it looks like you're using Windows 7. Try adding the game as an exception on Windows Defender / Microsoft Security Essentials.

I don't have antivirus and I'm using Win10 with Windows 7 compatibility mode.

I've figured it out tho. It seems that SOMEHOW, even though my Windows Defender is completely shut off, because my game was installed in a external drive, launching the game was triggering some security response from my system. 

Copying the game folder to my internal drive worked. 

• VGN GM
2 hours ago, Shihaisha said:

I don't have antivirus and I'm using Win10 with Windows 7 compatibility mode.

I've figured it out tho. It seems that SOMEHOW, even though my Windows Defender is completely shut off, because my game was installed in a external drive, launching the game was triggering some security response from my system. 

Copying the game folder to my internal drive worked. 

Windows defender doesn't like being disabled and even if you shut it off it doesn't actually go off. Glad you got it working.