Please change my game account e-mail adress

Terresa

Hello.

I submitted a ticket regarding my problems with the current e-mail (I no longer have acces to it and I can't recover my account if I forget my password or mistipe when I change it). The staff memeber that responded to me said they can't change my game account e-mail adress, but after telling this to another player they told me they actually had the same problem once and they got the old e-mail adress replaced. So, by submitting this post, I ask once more if you can change my account e-mail adress. Please help me if you can @Vivi, I have this account since you re-opened the server, and I don't want to lose it.

Thank you very much, and have a nice day.

On 7/26/2020 at 12:51 PM, Terresa said:

Hello.

I submitted a ticket regarding my problems with the current e-mail (I no longer have acces to it and I can't recover my account if I forget my password or mistipe when I change it). The staff memeber that responded to me said they can't change my game account e-mail adress, but after telling this to another player they told me they actually had the same problem once and they got the old e-mail adress replaced. So, by submitting this post, I ask once more if you can change my account e-mail adress. Please help me if you can @Vivi, I have this account since you re-opened the server, and I don't want to lose it.

Thank you very much, and have a nice day.

There's an issue that GM's might have about doing this. That is how do they know that you have rights to access the account? Just because you give them the email address of the account, how do they verify that that email was actually yours and not some other player? If somebody found the email addresses associated with my vendetta accounts and GM's were being told that the email addresses needed to be changed by somebody that wasn't me, they could really mess with my accounts. So, I am not sure if the other player is giving you correct information on the subject.

Can you email that email account? If so and it doesn't come back as a non-existent email address, then you know that account is still active. The next option for that email address is to see about contacting the company that supplied you with the email account to see if they would unlock the account and allow you to put a new password with it. I know with Hotmail or microsoft accounts, their tech support will often ask you a series of questions to verify that you are the owner of the account. Other than asking for personal information they have those security questions, maybe a phone number linked to the account, or another email linked to the account. The more you know and can answer the better chances you have of recovering that email. I am just not sure how well the GM's would help a player gain access to a gamer's account if they have no way to verify you are the rightful owner.

• Like 1

• VGN GM
On 7/26/2020 at 7:51 PM, Terresa said:

The staff memeber that responded to me said they can't change my game account e-mail adress, but after telling this to another player they told me they actually had the same problem once and they got the old e-mail adress replaced.

I'm not sure which player told you this, but we have never (that I am aware of) changed someone's email. All tickets about an email change have been/will be denied.

• VGN GM

Unfortunately we do not change email addresses assigned to accounts for many reasons. I understand the situation you're in but until it's offered on the website (https://www.vendettagn.com) for all players we cannot do such requests. We are currently in the middle of re-designing our entire infrastructure, I may add such a feature in the future but for verification purposes the process most definitely will require you to login to the current email address and the new email address. I don't see such a feature assisting you since you do not have access to the original email address.