Ch-120% Atk & Ch- Atk +16

GamiaQ

In cases like Immolation or Electric Tempest, the individual strikes are not affected by boosts.  Boosts affect the total amount of damage the skill inflicts.  The divided damage you see from the individual strikes are just for show.

As for the %ch-atk, rumor has it is that it doesn't work as intended.  I haven't gotten around to verifying it, though.

The unique chk atk jewel being cheaper than a normal crit atk jewel is a good alternative for a whipper.

the % jewel does work as intended but it is just not so effective by just multiplying the base damage. Whereas the flat jewel gets multiplied by all the % including whatever the attack skill has itself. The character stats window does not include stats from an attack (or rather assumes a basic 100% attack) so the flat atk jewel SEEMS to be weaker there. 

On 8/1/2020 at 5:12 PM, Tropical said:

The unique chk atk jewel being cheaper than a normal crit atk jewel is a good alternative for a whipper.

the % jewel does work as intended but it is just not so effective by just multiplying the base damage. Whereas the flat jewel gets multiplied by all the % including whatever the attack skill has itself. The character stats window does not include stats from an attack (or rather assumes a basic 100% attack) so the flat atk jewel SEEMS to be weaker there. 

Is still still the case that ch atk will always be better to ch% jewels even if you are full ch accessories and gears? 

6 hours ago, rabbit said:

Is still still the case that ch atk will always be better to ch% jewels even if you are full ch accessories and gears? 

Well, by stacking chk damage high you will obviously improve the % jewels. I played with my excel and I actually can get closer to both jewels being equal than I thought.

In my case of a pve whipper with a crit weapon, non-hp Bangle, Eta gloves and all Wizard/Ghost accessories (trinket is only rare) i have a base min/max chk damage of 1324/1901 including 45/46 for being level 65. Min/max % is 14% from pet chip and earrings.

So in my character stats I see 1324*1.14=1509 min and 1901*1.14=2167 max.

You can easily see what happens if you add flat 16 here or 2.4% there. Just looking at the max stat:
1917*1.14 = 2185  with 1 rank 2 chk atk jewel
1901*1.164 = 2213 with 1 rank 2 chk atk % jewel
% jewel shows higher value in character stats

But I am not attacking with a 100% attack. Checking the stats sheet, the rank 8 Electric Tempest has a 400% multiplier (and conveniently for keeping it simple no bonus damage). So instead of multiplying 1.14 we multiply 4.14.
1324*4.14 = 5217 min damage
1340*4.14 = 5548 with 1 rank 2 chk atk jewel
1324*4.164 = 5513 with 1 rank 2 chk atk % jewel    

1901*4.14 = 7870 max damage
1917*4.14 = 7936 with 1 rank 2 chk atk jewel
1901*4.164 = 7916 with 1 rank 2 chk atk % jewel    

You can see, the % jewel scales with your base damage, the flat damage jewel scales with your attack skills, more precisely their multiplier.
I my case, attacks that have a multiplier of around 280 will have both jewels about same. But most of the attacks that matter, also looking at mech, have 300 or more.

For other classes it's probably completely different. Can't be bothered to calculate that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rabbit said:

Oh so more or less its the same for higer level caps for both types of jewels. depends also on the class I guess

In my 65 punisher (full CH build) the % one gives a lot more than flat jewel. I just look the number in stats, I don't know if it's the real damage in fight. After level 55 the numbers are a mess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Filomena said:

In my 65 punisher (full CH build) the % one gives a lot more than flat jewel. I just look the number in stats, I don't know if it's the real damage in fight. After level 55 the numbers are a mess.

That is the point Filo. Stats window only shows full effect of the % jewel. The other one you have to calculate yourself from your actual attack skills. It is much stronger than it appears to be.

the ch %s mainly just increase the numbers in the menu lol the flat ch has been tested many times to be much stronger than %s. I wouldn't realy waste your money on them.

in the damage forumula that Lime provided. the %s seem to have minimal effect to the overall formula.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daddy said:

the ch %s mainly just increase the numbers in the menu lol the flat ch has been tested many times to be much stronger than %s. I wouldn't realy waste your money on them.

in the damage forumula that Lime provided. the %s seem to have minimal effect to the overall formula.

But, before or later someone will fix it, right? Right? Right? RIiiiiightttt?

• 3 months later...

Unless you are a CB with rank 3 ch-atk% and want to have a 1 hit kill on the center ball of SP, Ch-atk% really aren't all what is cracked up to be.

You really have to look at who/what you are attacking and what their weak points are, their strong points, and how to get the most damage on them as possible. We can completely ignore using anything other than Crit atk/crit rate jewels for pve as pve mobs and bosses are weakest against the multiplied atks when you crit on them vs just getting a ch-atk hit. So, we can say don't use ch-atk/ch-atk% for pve.

PvP is another story, characters who are weak against ch-atks that you could exploit more damage through ch-atks are SE's and PU's when buffed because they don't have a buff to increase their ch-resist or ch-eva. The DE, ME, and WH all have high Ch-resist if they want it and that is where you have to consider on using greater ch-atks or trying to go with greater crit-atks on them.  The SW's are pretty much an easy kill using a potato gun once their buffs are gone so using Ch-atk jewels on them is going to kill them when they aren't buffed, but you are pretty much going to kill them if you use rare rank 1 acc jewels too. 

When it comes to a particular character that may take a good advantage with them against another, I might consider the CB using them against a buffed DE, WH, or ME. The ME however would also depend on which path they took to increase their Def. Not sure I would use it on any other character after that but maybe the WH, but that would depend on who the WH is up against.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

ch% jewels are best when you're full chakra build and have Max atk passive.

How the % works it adds to your buff and other party buffs so the more % atk buff u have the greater ur damage is.

so full UNI % jewels with UNI lingerie jewels is 34.5% + my 40% atk passive and my buff Eagle eye 20%  that's 94.5% chakra damage increased 

Flat chakra jewels increases your base damage on your skills just like when your using chakra accessories more stable overall damage. 

Since coming back and being so active i been doing so much testing with all these changes 

so yes % jewels are good when you have buff or party buffs the output on damage is crazy.

currently using this set up and i hit like a truck YOUR WELCOME FOLKS!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

The effect of %chatk jewels is heavily dependant on the class you use them on and the base multiplier of each of their skills but the tl;dr explanation is that % jewels are literally only good if you want to boost your auto-attacks for some reason lol (or if your build somehow involves having a ton of skills with only 1 point into them)

flat chatk jewels have way too low numbers to make a difference in endgame caps (especially 68 if it comes with new rings and necklace) so unless the meta has somehow shifted into everyone stacking absurd amounts of Crit-EVA (but considering how gear has always worked in this game it's more likely that everyone has just stacked a ton of CH-Res without noticing instead) then crit-based gear builds will still outperform all the others

• 5 months later...
On 8/6/2020 at 1:22 AM, Filomena said:

i also use uniq ch-atk% rank 2, in my opinion, if u use ch-atk% with random crit-rate then the build will shine i can even 2-3 shot every dps class w/o FS/offensive cacon if critical land, ch-atk% give more dmage on C rather then ch-atk, its proven since ive already tested it with my pu ckMY, as for other class im not sure, but for PU if u are using ch-atk% then u need to work on increasing your crit-rate (my critrate using ch-atk% is 7.9k unbuffed) if u can hit that high then u can see diffrent in your skill damage, and u must use ghost set/wiz to complete the ch-atk% build,

• Like 1