suggestion for new players

naru

Improvement for new players  

9 members have voted

1. 1. yes or no?

• yes for letting new players catch up faster
    • no for letting new players catch up faster

New players need to much time to catch up in my opinion. Without the help of geared old players they need weeks/months to get to that level of someone who played the past months/years. Ik thats normal for a mmo but it just sucks to search for hours a party for the new content. Most of the geared ppl have their main member to go HoO or something else its annoying to get a good party with geared or medium geared player. I would suggest :

1. give new players with lv 100 the lv 100 gold sets.
  2. give them chisels level 100, so they can gear gems too or atleast just give the lv 100 sets already with slots
  3. Release a quest where you can get after killing x amount of Dos mobs 1 lv 95t weapon. ( One quest for each kind of weapon 1h,2h,2h mdps, 1h heal)
  4. maybe even let them be able to +10 gear until lv 100 for free.....

You need for lv 110 trials mid geared - geared player to be fast otherwise theyre one shot the whole time. Same with lv 100 trials and gop and i dont even start with DS. HoO is just about dmg but if they have abit gear they are atleast able to do this dgn even if it takes abit longer without super geared players

coming from my time helping new players get up there it isn't just gear that they have a problem with. for instances i helped this person do their shaxia quest to get the reps and 12 lvls later they were still weak because they didn't know the 2nd bar of exp on quest rewards was class exp

• VGN GM

Your poll and post are not really related to each other and let me explain why.

The answer to the poll should and always will be yes. However, your post is the completely wrong way to go about this. Almost every patch in 2019 had changes to increase accessibility to new players and even some patch this year also aimed at this. Things such as increased rates on 95 awakens quest items, increased access to CCM, level up packages that contain several useful items, repeatable quests that are good for leveling classes to 105/110. There is plenty of changes being made actively to make the game easier to catch up.

Going over your points:

• Option 1, this doesn't really solve anything as the TK armor scales to level 100 so the stats would be actually better on the TK set due to having all sets worth of stats.
  • Option 2 and Option 4 both will benefit people forting 95 awakens and the odd 95 weapon that is still good.
    • I'd like to also point out that again, level 80 TK weapons scale to level 100 so again the stats and attack would be the same, these weapons can also be fortified to +14 for free. This being another one of many changes we made for new players specifically.
  • Option 3, this would hinder instead of help as a lot of new people don't have the gear to survive in DoS so then they just end up asking people for help killing stuff in DoS instead of asking for help with someone running the 95 trials which pretty much ends up with the same amount of help being requested.

The whole problem with new players right now is the urgency people put on them to rush through the content. You can't have it both ways, new content will always be designed for old guard players as the whole purpose of new content is to keep them playing the game and keep their attention on the game. New players are naturally always going to not be able to do this content and although I try my best to make things easier for them they're still need to put in some level of effort to get started.

There is no reason a new player cannot survive in 110 trials. They get access to free gems, they have access to a TK set that will have boat loads of stats and has +10 worth of defense for free. They have access to TK weapons that again scale to level 100 and are free to +14 (only requiring scrolls). Then they get a free ring x2, free necklace and free cape that gives easy HP, Resistances, C/M-CRIT DMG giving a grand total of:

• 3600 Scaling HP
  • 3600 Scaling MP
  • 16 P-CRIT DMG
  • 16 M-CRIT DMG
  • 20 Physical Resistance
  • 20 Elemental Resistance

Then after all that they also get every single Vingot Lab, Devastation Dimension and Battle of Time and Space trophy. Which are still all completely usable and good for easy resistance.

Like you tell me how much a level 100 set and a free level 95 set is actually going to have on that? Yeh the set bonus might have a little extra +DMG and the weapon might have a bit of skill damage but realistically you can't really argue that is going to help them survive in 110 trials.

What will help them survive is achievements and HP, which again with a little time and effort of grinding gold for low level SD (Which they get some for free in the level up packages) and a little bit of grinding on the highest level map to complete the chest quests they can easily get 100-110 HP classes and 1-65 achievements.

~

The above being said I will tell you what new people need.

They need to have some good guides that can help improve there efficiency on leveling. Things that help them understand whats good to spend their gold on, whats the best ways to gain gold, what should be prioritized, etc.

They also need to have a helpful community. This is not a dig at anyone as I know there is a number of players like yourself who do help newer players with the older content but there is very little people doing so. This is why I always recommend new players join an active guild, as active guilds tend to help lower level players when they're in guild, more often than they would help someone asking for help in peer chat.

This isn't really a content issue anymore. People just need to understand that you don't have to strive for the best gear from day one. You always have to remember, a new player is stuffing 10 years of content into a few days, yeh you can skip about 5-6 years of said content but at the end of the day it's always going to be difficult for them. This isn't me saying no but this is me saying these changes are the wrong way to go about this and they will actually hinder people more than help.

~

So TL;DR

New people need help but more from a community stand point than a content stand point.

People need to stop playing down the value of things such as TK gear and Resistance Trophy Combos. They also need to advertise that its ok to start out using the free gems in the free sets as its a small price to pay for a couple of chisels to gain a big advantage in the long run.

Changes are always being made for the past year and a half to increase the speed in which players are able to get into the game.

• Like 3

There is a big difference between lv 95 weapons effectwise and between a tk set and a lv 100 set the dmg diff is insane i know that i used tk too until i reached 100 to buy lv 100 gold sets back then ....  ofc not with the scaling once but still tk just sucks. I know player which need with lv80+14 tk 10-15min for 1 round pod to farm gold... ofc none wants to farm if they cant do it fast and need hours for it and that just means they wont improve gearwise. Most of the community want fast trial runs even with a good trial party the runs already take 5-10 min if everyone is geared (depends on the worldboss inside 110t). Imagine taking 5 ppl with tk gear in a trial party for lv 100t or lv 110 ...... Theyre just one shot all the time by mobs or boss monsters and if theyre not one shot they dont deal dmg either way it just sucks and its fking annoying. None takes time to gear up someone from 0 to 50% or even more i did it serval times and it take ages to gear someone up. I also never said that the free gems in aven are trash btw but tk sets are. Lv 100 sets are strong enough for a new player to be able to farm fast gold and actually participate in high level pve dmgwise.

29 minutes ago, naru said:

There is a big difference between lv 95 weapons effectwise and between a tk set and a lv 100 set the dmg diff is insane i know that i used tk too until i reached 100 to buy lv 100 gold sets back then ....  ofc not with the scaling once but still tk just sucks. I know player which need with lv80+14 tk 10-15min for 1 round pod to farm gold... ofc none wants to farm if they cant do it fast and need hours for it and that just means they wont improve gearwise. Most of the community want fast trial runs even with a good trial party the runs already take 5-10 min if everyone is geared (depends on the worldboss inside 110t). Imagine taking 5 ppl with tk gear in a trial party for lv 100t or lv 110 ...... Theyre just one shot all the time by mobs or boss monsters and if theyre not one shot they dont deal dmg either way it just sucks and its fking annoying. None takes time to gear up someone from 0 to 50% or even more i did it serval times and it take ages to gear someone up. I also never said that the free gems in aven are trash btw but tk sets are. Lv 100 sets are strong enough for a new player to be able to farm fast gold and actually participate in high level pve dmgwise.

I just cant agree with you about the TK Sets.

Ive played this game a long time before i took a break and then came back. Lots of updates happened inbetween with new content and stuff, but my new char that i created is like a month old and i leveled up all the way to my current lvl 117 with only TK 80 Set +14 and lvl 80 +14 weapons. 

Ofc you cant straight do all the latest content, thats actually the sense of the game, to do some work before being able to join the lategame content. 

And its not that hard to get the 110 gold sets at all. As i said my char is like a month old and im close to get my gold 110 set and no, im not playing 24/7 so its absolutely possible to do. 

A lot of people just want to get to lategame fast, which is not the sense of a long running mmo , as Jordan said, its content from about 10 years. You have to spend some time to get to where you wanna be, like everyone else does.

They already made this game too easy even for newbe's, you get tons of free stuff as Jordan mentioned, free Starter Packs,  free tk sets, free weapons, free upgrades to +10/+14 with 4 extra scrolls which are not hard to get at all, free accessories/trophies, and all the free EC's in the lvl up boxes, which you can use on the eden altar to get scrolls and other useful stuff, some even are lucky enough to get some good items from those altars to sell for lots of money, and use it wisely to get their gear. 

I dont see any problems with those things. 

Thats not a content issue, its just that people start  a new char on a 10 year old game and expecting to be able to do all the lategame content in a few days, which is not the sense of an mmo. 

• Like 1

• VGN GM
53 minutes ago, naru said:

Yeh but your still not explaining how the damage oriented effect of a level 95 weapon or a level 100 armor set will stop a player being one shot? There is a damage difference yes thats somewhat undeniable but there isn't a damage reduction difference between these options.

Damage doesn't stop you getting one shot. Also again, the damage difference has very little to do with the weapon.

Lets take 8 classes that are quite new player friendly.

• Executioner
    • 3% P-ATK, Helpless Hands DMG +30%.
  • Blood Knight
    • 5% P-ATK, +15% DMG.
  • Asura
    • Crushing Uppercut +30%, Imperious Onslaught +20%.
  • Blade Acrobat
    • 5% P-ATK, Sword Dance range +5 meters, Electrifying Rhythm +20%.
  • Mecha Ares
    • Robot Grenade +15%, Total Annihilation Cooldown -30%.
  • Gravity Manipulator
    • 5% M-ATK, Black Hole +20%, Gravitation Field Cooldown -20%.
  • Demon Taimer
    • 5% M-ATK, Hellish Foray Cooldown -20%.
  • Totem Master
    • Let it Rain Healing +15%.

Green = Good Impactful
Yellow = Not impactful but nice to have.
Red = Zero effect on the outcome of anything
Purple = Good for farming but no impact on trials

As you can see only 2 our of the 8 classes picked where actually impacted a lot damage wise by the level 95 weapons. Then as for 100 sets your looking at about 5% damage difference. None of this makes 110 trials impossible for someone with 80 TK weapon and 90 TK set and if it is impossible for someone with that setup then nothing about 100 sets and 95 weapons make it more possible than without them.

As i mentioned in my last post that you completely ignored, survival in trials comes down to the following aspects of the game:

• Achievements / Resistances
  • HP Class levels
  • Build (Certificates and such)

As I said new people need help, but everything you suggested will do nothing to help them.

~
New players need clarity on what to do, how to spend there time.

Letting them know to do there 10 Palace runs a day, letting them know that classes can be leveled easily at Fallmyst. Focus on collecting level 65 stardust to do the 1-65 achievements, make sure to use certificates like DK certificate to survive. Like event stupid things like -Malice certificates are really nice for squishy people in trials so they don't accidently get boss agro on bosses that are mostly single target. Things like this are whats needed and not just. GIVE THEM MORE FREE STUFF! They get plenty of that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoxBox said:

I just cant agree with you about the TK Sets.

Ive played this game a long time before i took a break and then came back. Lots of updates happened inbetween with new content and stuff, but my new char that i created is like a month old and i leveled up all the way to my current lvl 117 with only TK 80 Set +14 and lvl 80 +14 weapons. 

Ofc you cant straight do all the latest content, thats actually the sense of the game, to do some work before being able to join the lategame content. 

And its not that hard to get the 110 gold sets at all. As i said my char is like a month old and im close to get my gold 110 set and no, im not playing 24/7 so its absolutely possible to do. 

A lot of people just want to get to lategame fast, which is not the sense of a long running mmo , as Jordan said, its content from about 10 years. You have to spend some time to get to where you wanna be, like everyone else does.

They already made this game too easy even for newbe's, you get tons of free stuff as Jordan mentioned, free Starter Packs,  free tk sets, free weapons, free upgrades to +10/+14 with 4 extra scrolls which are not hard to get at all, free accessories/trophies, and all the free EC's in the lvl up boxes, which you can use on the eden altar to get scrolls and other useful stuff, some even are lucky enough to get some good items from those altars to sell for lots of money, and use it wisely to get their gear. 

I dont see any problems with those things. 

Thats not a content issue, its just that people start  a new char on a 10 year old game and expecting to be able to do all the lategame content in a few days, which is not the sense of an mmo. 

I made this thread to get more ppl geared enough to do trials lv 100+, ofc you cant be instant totally op that wouldnt happen with my suggestion anyways since you still have to do achievements,crafting awa gear, farming trophies and other stuff from trials/dgns. Its just annoying that youre looking 6h for a party getting like 10 times pmed from lv 120 players which just spammed bk and still using tk set. There are not many geared players doing pve with randoms they rather doing it with guildies or ppl they know which is understandable. lv 100 sets are good enough to get fortified and gemmed until you can make awaken sets lv 100. You can easy level those sets for HP and other stats (exspacially the pdps sets) and they just give better stats in general.... Getting a lv 110 set and forting it to +14 is totally gold waste since you will awake them anyways. Gemming 110 sets is useless too cuz you will lose those gems after awakening it and you will lose the gold for the chisels lv 120 too. 

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

Yeh but your still not explaining how the damage oriented effect of a level 95 weapon or a level 100 armor set will stop a player being one shot? There is a damage difference yes thats somewhat undeniable but there isn't a damage reduction difference between these options.

Damage doesn't stop you getting one shot. Also again, the damage difference has very little to do with the weapon.

Lets take 8 classes that are quite new player friendly.

• Executioner
    • 3% P-ATK, Helpless Hands DMG +30%.
  • Blood Knight
    • 5% P-ATK, +15% DMG.
  • Asura
    • Crushing Uppercut +30%, Imperious Onslaught +20%.
  • Blade Acrobat
    • 5% P-ATK, Sword Dance range +5 meters, Electrifying Rhythm +20%.
  • Mecha Ares
    • Robot Grenade +15%, Total Annihilation Cooldown -30%.
  • Gravity Manipulator
    • 5% M-ATK, Black Hole +20%, Gravitation Field Cooldown -20%.
  • Demon Taimer
    • 5% M-ATK, Hellish Foray Cooldown -20%.
  • Totem Master
    • Let it Rain Healing +15%.

Green = Good Impactful
Yellow = Not impactful but nice to have.
Red = Zero effect on the outcome of anything
Purple = Good for farming but no impact on trials

As you can see only 2 our of the 8 classes picked where actually impacted a lot damage wise by the level 95 weapons. Then as for 100 sets your looking at about 5% damage difference. None of this makes 110 trials impossible for someone with 80 TK weapon and 90 TK set and if it is impossible for someone with that setup then nothing about 100 sets and 95 weapons make it more possible than without them.

As i mentioned in my last post that you completely ignored, survival in trials comes down to the following aspects of the game:

• Achievements / Resistances
  • HP Class levels
  • Build (Certificates and such)

As I said new people need help, but everything you suggested will do nothing to help them.

~
New players need clarity on what to do, how to spend there time.

Letting them know to do there 10 Palace runs a day, letting them know that classes can be leveled easily at Fallmyst. Focus on collecting level 65 stardust to do the 1-65 achievements, make sure to use certificates like DK certificate to survive. Like event stupid things like -Malice certificates are really nice for squishy people in trials so they don't accidently get boss agro on bosses that are mostly single target. Things like this are whats needed and not just. GIVE THEM MORE FREE STUFF! They get plenty of that.

Yes Jordan i know they will still need guidance i never said that they wont. But someone who wears a +14 lv 100 set with aven gems for resistance will ALLWAYS be more usefull then someone wearing the lv 80 tk set +14 or the lv 90 tk set +14 ..... lv 90 tk set +14 is rare anyways since they cant afford to +14 a set after lv 80 anyways. Statwise/effectwise are the lv 100 sets more usefull and worth leveling/enchanting them too for HP. the lv 95 weapons would help them too since they can start doing stuff solo like DoS bosses with berserk or farming pod with the BA sword. No time waste to farm lv 95 trials which are useless at the end anyways.... the important content for new players starts with gop and obviously ends with HoO, everything before that became trash you simply dont need it anymore. 

• Confused 1

• VGN GM
1 minute ago, naru said:

Yes Jordan i know they will still need guidance i never said that they wont. But someone who wears a +14 lv 100 set with aven gems for resistance will ALLWAYS be more usefull then someone wearing the lv 80 tk set +14 or the lv 90 tk set +14 ..... lv 90 tk set +14 is rare anyways since they cant afford to +14 a set after lv 80 anyways. Statwise/effectwise are the lv 100 sets more usefull and worth leveling/enchanting them too for HP. the lv 95 weapons would help them too since they can start doing stuff solo like DoS bosses with berserk or farming pod with the BA sword. No time waste to farm lv 95 trials which are useless at the end anyways.... the important content for new players starts with gop and obviously ends with HoO, everything before that became trash you simply dont need it anymore. 

The level 90 TK set cannot be forted, thats why its rare. It already has the defence of a set that is forted.

Also the level 95 gears only make the above easier, they don't make it possible. I actually don't see how Beserker is gated by a level 95 weapon either as all it gives is skill damage. Additionally if a player is new enough to struggle catching up then the player obviously wouldn't be able to pick up Beserker and start soloing content right away as they're probebly new.

Also you kinda counteracted your point. You said that giving them DoS quests would be helpful, yet if the gear was so bad they wouldnt be able to farm any of the hard monsters in DoS so they'd still need to ask for help. So either way they're asking for help, mayaswell get the help in the 95 trials since most end game players can solo those.

Either way I don't agree that your points help at all and if I'm looking for things to help new players they will be based on what I agree with or I feel like makes sense for new players. Like the resistance gear we give, like scaling armor and weapons and like Stardust we give for achievements.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naru said:

lv 100 sets are good enough to get fortified and gemmed until you can make awaken sets lv 100. Getting a lv 110 set and forting it to +14 is totally gold waste since you will awake them anyways. Gemming 110 sets is useless too cuz you will lose those gems after awakening it and you will lose the gold for the chisels lv 120 too. 

Idk what you are talking about dude, but awaken sets are lvl 110 sets, not lvl 100. Weapons are lvl 100.

So its not a waste of gold nor waste of gems and chisels at all. 

110 awa sets

110 Awa sets guide

Idk maybe im wrong and i missed something in the last few patches??

As Jordan said, those TK 90 Sets scale up to lvl 100 so what differene would it make to add extra lvl 100 sets, if the stats would be the same as TK 90 sets? Giving more items for free wont help them survive trials or anything else. 

Actually it is so easy to get geared, ofc it will take a bit time, but if you keep your focus on your wanted gear, its absolutely possible to get it. I made my way with the free accessories and trophies, Tk set and weapons, idk whats the problem. Ofc i cant do trials yet but thats why you should lay your focus on farming money, and there are a lot of ways to do that, so its not hard at all to get money for your gear. And if you finally get your gear, you will be able to start doing trials and stuff. I dont know, maybe its just me, but actually i like the way, how you have to work for your gear first, before you can do higher lvl stuff by yourself.

And im more happy about getting my set because i worked hard for it, i just done it by myself, than getting all the free things thrown after me, so i have nothing to do ingame and can just sit on my lazy ass and getting bored.

I dont see a problem in catching up with others. Its just a question of time, until you get your gear. Ofc you have to spend time to farm stuff etc, thats the way, and farming with normal TK sets is possible. So i dont see the problem tbh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jordan said:

Also you kinda counteracted your point. You said that giving them DoS quests would be helpful, yet if the gear was so bad they wouldnt be able to farm any of the hard monsters in DoS so they'd still need to ask for help.

You can easy solo the mobs in Dos with lv 100 gear and the lv 80 tk weps since the set gives you the stats you need for a solo class like berserk. This suggestion should just speed things up i didnt say that they shouldnt ask for help but lv 95 trials are just waste of time at this point theyre not necessary anymore. Even if they cant solo with lv 100 gear they can ask for help for the suggested quest and after that they should be able to solo alot of stuff with some advices from old players. I helped alot of new players before lv 110 awa release in lv 95 trials to get the awaken gear/ awaken nerd achievement and i know how time consuming it is to do this trials over and over again. 

1 hour ago, BoxBox said:

Idk what you are talking about dude, but awaken sets are lvl 110 sets, not lvl 100. Weapons are lvl 100.

So its not a waste of gold nor waste of gems and chisels at all. 

110 awa sets

110 Awa sets guide

Idk maybe im wrong and i missed something in the last few patches??

As Jordan said, those TK 90 Sets scale up to lvl 100 so what differene would it make to add extra lvl 100 sets, if the stats would be the same as TK 90 sets? Giving more items for free wont help them survive trials or anything else. 

Actually it is so easy to get geared, ofc it will take a bit time, but if you keep your focus on your wanted gear, its absolutely possible to get it. I made my way with the free accessories and trophies, Tk set and weapons, idk whats the problem. Ofc i cant do trials yet but thats why you should lay your focus on farming money, and there are a lot of ways to do that, so its not hard at all to get money for your gear. And if you finally get your gear, you will be able to start doing trials and stuff. I dont know, maybe its just me, but actually i like the way, how you have to work for your gear first, before you can do higher lvl stuff by yourself.

And im more happy about getting my set because i worked hard for it, i just done it by myself, than getting all the free things thrown after me, so i have nothing to do ingame and can just sit on my lazy ass and getting bored.

I dont see a problem in catching up with others. Its just a question of time, until you get your gear. Ofc you have to spend time to farm stuff etc, thats the way, and farming with normal TK sets is possible. So i dont see the problem tbh.

tk sets are not worth spending abit money in thats the problem read what i wrote and then answer. 

4 hours ago, BoxBox said:

You wrote about getting the lv 110 set and i just said that its not worth to spend money to work futher on a lv 110 set after crafting it. You will lose just gold gemming forting and enchanting that set. thats why its simply more worth to work on a lv 100 set if it was free for new players since you will use it for a long time. 

The other thing is Jordan and i know thats a community thing but still fact. Newbies dont get alot of help to get their gear fast enough, majority of the geared players are aven mains xd . And there are also not alot of ppl like me with patient to carry noobs for hours in a trial party. And honestly im getting tired too since i really dont want to play the whole day but sometime it takes unfortunalty few hours to be done with something cuz of the lack of gear.... not even medium geared just fully useless

2 hours ago, naru said:

tk sets are not worth spending abit money in thats the problem read what i wrote and then answer. 

Sorry but thats not true. Actually the TK Sets are the Sets you use the most, before being able to get a lvl 110 Awa Set.

I wouldnt waste a cent of my ingame money to craft anything else, since the TK Sets are free and good enough to farm anything you need!

You wrote about getting the lv 110 set and i just said that its not worth to spend money to work futher on a lv 110 set after crafting it. You will lose just gold gemming forting and enchanting that set. thats why its simply more worth to work on a lv 100 set if it was free for new players since you will use it for a long time. 

Yeah i wrote about the lvl 110 Set because its the AWA  Set. Maybe we both got each other wrong, misunderstanding.😕 The lvl 110 Awa Set should be everones focus for getting gear. Thats what i said, and you started to talk about that it is a waste of money, gems, forts and stuff. Dude idk for how long you play that game, but that is something you should know, if you are interested in endgame content.

Fact is, no one needs unnecessary lvl 100 Sets added into the game, cause TK Sets are scaling until lvl 100. And after that you focus on your Awa Set anyways.

The other thing is Jordan and i know thats a community thing but still fact. Newbies dont get alot of help to get their gear fast enough, majority of the geared players are aven mains xd . And there are also not alot of ppl like me with patient to carry noobs for hours in a trial party. And honestly im getting tired too since i really dont want to play the whole day but sometime it takes unfortunalty few hours to be done with something cuz of the lack of gear.... not even medium geared just fully useless

Thats exactly what Jordan and i are talking about! Newbies just cant wait to get their shit together they just wanna rush and are in a hurry, thinking to get everything they need within a few days or maybe 2 weeks or whatever. But thats not the case. This game is made for people to farm their shit together to craft what they want and need! Thats the Sense of this game! Not getting everything in a short time. People have to start to understand this.

And i saw a lot of people helping, even with the World Bosses like Harpie etc, when they ask in world/peerchat.

I got help too, when i asked tons of questions in peer chat, people straight whispered me and helped me a lot, even before i found a guild. And the Guildies are really helpful aswell, so i cant agree if you say that newbies dont get that much help, they just have to be more patient to get their shit together ingame.

When im ready to run everything possible, i will start to help Newbies more often aswell with that kind of stuff, atm im still farming my shit to finish my gear. 

Just from leveling up a new character , will get you something around 10-15 k gold, you dont need to spend anything from it, maybe some bags for your inventory but nothing else, because everything you need , you just get for free.

And in Fallmyst there are Rep Quests, where you can farm lots of money + leveling your classes fast, getting achievements for it. If you use your money wisely, you can get your set pretty easy.

As i already said, i dont see a problem to catch up to others. You just have to be patient and stop expecting everything will be done in a few days as a newbe.

So you see, its a community issue, not a content one, cause its the way people think...