Lightning Whip (whipper skill)

Venom

Please remove the charge time from Lightning whip,it seems to have been forgotten when the Punisher charge times were being removed,the 0.5 sec charge that is advertised is actually fake,it takes around 1.5 seconds to charge the skill,making it basically useless.

2} the scaling is a bit poor,especially when u are forced to use 2 extra points for 0.2 sec of disable( lvl = 1 sec disable,lvl 3 =1.2 sec disable).not sure what can be done here,maybe not let 3 points be required for the 2nd skill(Electric Tempest) or slightly increase the lower lvl scaling of lightning whip.Thanks.

• Like 3

I think they might have to use a different skill animation to remove the charge time. From what I remember of them messing with the game skills is that they had to switch the skill animation out to use the skill animation of another skill. So, maybe look and see what other skill animation might be more preferred with this suggestion?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2020 at 2:59 AM, Daddy said:

Thanks lll see what we can do. I know whipper needs some attention. 

the skills 'Eternal suffering,Electric tempest and Immolation can all do with some animation updates,as u know these 3 are very slow,also idk if u notice in pvp ,trying to use electric tempest or immolation after pull, fails the skill.it hits air instead of the target(s).as  for animations I find that  Hardcore assault, Flaming whip, Wrecking Ball or Sadist Choice  are some of the best flowing whipper skills.any other info or questions u can always msg me on dsicord.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Venom said:

the skills 'Eternal suffering,Electric tempest and Immolation can all do with some animation updates,as u know these 3 are very slow,also idk if u notice in pvp ,trying to use electric tempest or immolation after pull, fails the skill.it hits air instead of the target(s).as  for animations I find that  Hardcore assault, Flaming whip, Wrecking Ball or Sadist Choice  are some of the best flowing whipper skills.any other info or questions u can always msg me on dsicord.

I noticed that too regarding pull to Electric Tempest.  It wasn't like that before the rebalance.  It's a matter of trying to fix that

19 hours ago, Norleras said:

I noticed that too regarding pull to Electric Tempest.  It wasn't like that before the rebalance.  It's a matter of trying to fix that

but either way,the animation on these skills are super slow.they are like 1.5-1.8 sec animation,only reason people use immolation, electric tempest  and lightning whip is because they are necessary.while Eternal suffering isn't. so it gets neglected automatically.

The neglected skill list  goes as follows due to animation or charge time,unless the skill is  necessary

1. WHIPPER : Eternal suffering, necessary =(electric tempest,immolation and  lightning whip)

2 SENTINEL : Crater-Maker,Particle burst (Extinction Event,now fixed with major)

3. Punisher ; Mighty Impact,Demolition,Atomic blast ,divine justice ect(all fixed now) =lucky ppl

4 Shadow walker ; Flare ( somewhat necessary,i know alot of SW avoid this skill now due slow animation.

On 8/23/2020 at 9:02 PM, Venom said:

You just saved me two skill resets. I was wondering why earlier this year i specced out of the whole first column moving all points into aoe attacks. And was about to try a build with eternal suffering and fatal flail again: Void debuff and strong phys attack. Now i remember, the eternal animation was the reason. Unusable.

• Haha 1

@Tropical now rechecking,it looks like eternal suffering did get an animation change,but  i dont remember seeing that info.it now shares the animation with fatal flail,(very cool looking animation) as to if its fast enough to be worth it,im not sure yet ,still looks slow.i may try when i get spare reset, it may be worth a revisit.