Jordan

PvP Changes (Classic)

Information

Hey everyone, I'm receiving some feedback and suggestions for some some changes to be made to the PvP modes (Specifically 3v3 and 10v10).

So I'm opening a discussion on what changes should be made to improve the overall enjoyment of these modes of play. I'm also not saying you cannot discuss other PvP modes on this thread such as Territory War, Guild vs Guild and Monster Battle Arena. However, I would like to focus on the main two (3v3 and 10v10).

I'm open to all suggestions regarding these modes. However, please refrain from any suggestions relating to class balance as this has been discussed several times that it's just not something on the cards. Maybe I will look into buffing up some of the under performing classes such as Shaman but this will be in future and will only ever be buff related changes and not reworks or nerfs.

10 v 10 Specific Points

A lot of people have complained that the rounds are too long and that its hard to regroup so it ends up just being a one sided affair that 90% of the time is going to stay that way for the entire duration. So it's understandable why people would find this a bit unfair. Here is some changes that have been passed to me over the time the server has been open (I have also added my opinion to these changes so you can see my thoughts on the suggestion):

• Adding a kill limit or a kill goal
    • This would mean when a team gets to 30 kills or 40 kills (Up for debate) the round will be won.
    • I think this is a sensible change. However, I do believe something would have to be done about regrouping as this would just make the rounds artificially faster and lower the chances of having a lucky comeback.
  • Adding a life system
    • This would mean each player has x amount of lives per round. So if you kill a player say 3 times, they would be dead until the end of the round.
    • Again I think this is also a sensible change. However, again I think something would have to be done about regrouping.
  • Lowering the match timer from 6 mins to 3 mins.
    • This would mean a match is only half aslong but doesn't really change much to the core design.
    • I think my opinion is pretty much the same as point "Adding a kill limit or kill goal" on this specific point.
  • Increasing the HP
    • This would mean possibly having similar HP to what Territory War has but not having the DMG reduction that Territory War has. This would help people survive better and make fighting have more of a chance to surve through any chain CC.
    • I don't really have an opinion on this as I don't play 10v10. So this ones on you guys. One thing to add though is healing might need to be nerfed inside the arena for this depending on how strong healers are right now. This would be an after the fact change but something to think about. This would be to avoid any pool noodle fights.
  • Changing the Map
    • This would have to be something of its own discussion on what map to choose and such. However, I just wanted to get some thoughts on this. This mainly stems from the fact that the attacking through walls cannot be fixed and it's just too hard to police something like this as people don't like to video issues and think screenshots are enough to punish a player. Along with accidents can happen with tabbing or casting a spell as someones running behind the wall. So this is an option but it's something that can be discussed here first then in its own topic later.
    • I don't mind this change either, it's not so hard to do and if its something people feel strongly about we can do it.

This is all the suggestions that I can think of right now. However, you're open to put your own suggestions on the matter.

3 v 3 Specific Points

Just like 10 v 10 I've had some suggestions for 3 v 3 too. Now their is much less changes in regards to 3v3 but again I'm open to any and all suggestions from the community (Aslong as they're not class balancing).

• Increasing the HP
    • Similar to 10v10 I've had complaints that one shotting is a thing in 3v3. This isn't just specifically complaints about Illusionist either (Although that is the main offender). A lot of matches are decided by who gets off the first CC. Now the answer to this could be to make the HP very high so that its easier to survive through the CC. It also could be a combination of maybe evening removing CC or increasing the immunity duration in a match to help balance things out. Any and all suggestions are welcome.
    • Again I would like to state that after this change we might need to nerf healing so that healers are not too overpowered. But this would again an after the fact change.
  • Changing Class Limited to once per round
    • There is a couple of players who will abuse mechanics such as Anti-Sleep on bard and stuff like that. So a suggested change would be to limit class changing to one per round.
    • I agree with this change. Especially if any changes are made to CC or HP.
  • Changing Class removed from within the arena battleground
    • This would mean you can only change class while in the preparation zone. This change will only really affect classes that have invisibillity skills since they're the only ones who can really drop combat but this change would be aimed to stop people swapping class to abuse an immunity within the arena.
    • Again, I agree with this change.

This is all the suggestion I can think of right now. However, you're open to put your own suggestions on the matter.

I just want to say and I cant stress this enough that this thread is related to PvP suggestions only. I don't want to hear about anything other than PvP and going on tangents about items or drops or any of that sorts will risk your entire response being removed. I also want people to understand that this is a civil discussion and not a battleground. So calling people out will also bear the same risk of having your entire post being removed.

The target date for changes will be the 27th along side the awaken weapons. However, depending on the gravity of the changes this can be pushed back longer. So please be respectful of my time and do not expect changes over night. Thank you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jordan said:
  • Adding a kill limit or a kill goal
    • This would mean when a team gets to 30 kills or 40 kills (Up for debate) the round will be won.
    • I think this is a sensible change. However, I do believe something would have to be done about regrouping as this would just make the rounds artificially faster and lower the chances of having a lucky comeback.
  • Adding a life system
    • This would mean each player has x amount of lives per round. So if you kill a player say 3 times, they would be dead until the end of the round.
    • Again I think this is also a sensible change. However, again I think something would have to be done about regrouping.

Adding a kill limit: i dont think is a good idea because some players with no gears join to farm medals and they can end up feeding kills making their team loose. 

Adding a life system: I like this one it can make the rounds faster, although runners or invisible people afk will still be a problem. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blink said:

Adding a kill limit: i dont think is a good idea because some players with no gears join to farm medals and they can end up feeding kills making their team loose. 

Adding a life system: I like this one it can make the rounds faster, although runners or invisible people afk will still be a problem. 

I think in any case even in the current state runners and invisible people will still be a problem. So it's probably best to forget about them for the most part and just maybe strengthen the rules on whats considered trolling / greifing and punish accordingly.

I agree on improving the punishments for people who troll other players in the PVP arenas
 but that they are real punishments, there are always problems with players like that, 
they are reported and it is not observed that the punishment has made them think what they do .
 I think that adding more cooling to the states, Antisleep, anti knockout, antistun, would be good,
 the illusionist is the most broken class in the game and has the possibility of putting stun,
 fear, knockdown and sleep, and many players in arena 3 vs 3, 
it bothers us to feel that there is no balance in the PVP.

I think that these new advances that you mention could give some balance, 
but I must say that currently the Server is falling into decline in activity, 
all players are getting bored by the lack of content.

Thank you for your attention.

• Like 4

idk if only increase HP in arena is enough, because u are burst in 1 cc, fear, knock have moments, if have hp tw u die the same because the damage is insane now, i say this in 3x3, because have classes  that have total controll of area,  knockdown of ilu is 1 example that can get all area of arena, and can get all of u party easy in knock and delete 1 or 2 in 3 secs and is hard remove cc with meta of broken shell, beyonde other class than burst in cc,  templar, ranger, warlock.

• Like 2

10 v 10 Specific Points

• Adding a life system
    I think it’s a good idea, but it should works for re-spawning only. You should be able to get revived by other players, or that can deny the possibility of a comeback.
    3 minutes is too short. Again, that may reduce the possibility of a comeback. 
  • Increasing the HP 
    It could be a good idea but only increasing the HP and not decreasing the dmg. Many times you get involved in eternal fights where both parties can’t wipe each other because of heals. 
  • Changing the Map 
    I don’t get why attacking trough the walls is a problem. You’re just using the map as an advantage, not abusing of something. Don’t expect to have melee fights of Magicians vs Martial Artists. Also, I haven’t experimented any kind of bug by hitting or getting hit trough walls. 
  • Like 1

I just according with 

Lowering the match timer from 6 mins to 3 mins. (i think 5min fair enough)
Adding a life system.

Because this makes the matchs more easy  to quick pvp, most players just doing 10v10 for farm medals and there less players who really cares for pvp.

Why not adding more HP
Cus atm its pettry hard when u have to fight vs two smarts healers u really need to CC them for kill plus, there so less players templars who like be tanky and  troll, pettry hard wipe them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark20 said:

Why not adding more HP
Cus atm its pettry hard when u have to fight vs two smarts healers u really need to CC them for kill plus, there so less players templars who like be tanky and  troll, pettry hard wipe them.

Adding more HP wouldn't make it harder to kill parties with 2~3 healers?

• Like 1

We should read between the lines on why the suggestions are made in the first place. I'm speaking purely for 10v10.

1. Make matches shorter 2. Put point/life system 

What the real problem in 10v10 is how much of a chore it is to play the rest of the round past the first minute if you are the team that is ahead on the first fight. What mostly happens is you win a fight and someone spawned before you wipe the whole team, so the match lasts the full duration. Then for the next 5min you have to kill people 1 by 1 so they wouldn't regroup. As everyone else mentioned, no one is sad about people making a comeback when they successfully regroup and the other team become complacent on the hunt. 

While it is true that for most people, 10v10 is there to farm medals, and less about pvp, I can assure you no one plays the first minute of the match thinking its boring. That part is the 'real' pvp. After that it becomes either a hunt or 'survive and regroup'. That's what creates people just running around endless too.

Just think about it, there are parties that comes to TW that even tho they have no chance of winning the TW, they still would fight for the whole 30min because they can sometimes wipe the enemy team and that feels good. How can people play 30min unwinnable TW with 'fun' pvp but complain about a 6min 10v10 match?

The suggestion about life/point system is a workaround to the idea of the hunt. Because at that point, every kill actually matters. 

My Suggestion:

Regrouping is the core issue. You want to eliminate the 'hunt' part of the 10v10. If there is a way to help the 'losing' team regroup easier that would be good (it also helps if they can get wiped as a whole to make the 100% unwinnable matches dont last as long).

2 ways I can think of as a 'fix'. A spawn point where you can group up with your team first before being thrown into the wolves.

example 1, A dies at 5:58, B dies at 5:50, C dies at 5:42, L dies at the end, and they all spawn at 5:30. I'm not sure if together would be better or not, but atleast at the same time. 

example 2, you keep the same spawn timer, but add a respawn point. the same thing like TW, but the catch is that everyone gets teleported to the main arena on consistent intervals, but also give them the option to go in right away. Most people who play 10v10 already know and does this, its called THE CORNER. You pray there and hope other team dont find you and your team can regroup. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Aiskrim said:

I agree on improving the punishments for people who troll other players in the PVP arenas
 but that they are real punishments, there are always problems with players like that, 
they are reported and it is not observed that the punishment has made them think what they do .
 I think that adding more cooling to the states, Antisleep, anti knockout, antistun, would be good,
 the illusionist is the most broken class in the game and has the possibility of putting stun,
 fear, knockdown and sleep, and many players in arena 3 vs 3, 
it bothers us to feel that there is no balance in the PVP.

Adding more duration to the Immunitys you mean? And we are taking action against reported players and have been. Just most of the time people don't report it till after a while already.

2 hours ago, Maggot said:

idk if only increase HP in arena is enough, because u are burst in 1 cc, fear, knock have moments, if have hp tw u die the same because the damage is insane now, i say this in 3x3, because have classes  that have total controll of area,  knockdown of ilu is 1 example that can get all area of arena, and can get all of u party easy in knock and delete 1 or 2 in 3 secs and is hard remove cc with meta of broken shell, beyonde other class than burst in cc,  templar, ranger, warlock.

This was just something that was suggested to me.  Increasing the HP could have a decent impact on this as if you can live through the CC you can counter with your own. However, this post was asking for community input. So if you have any suggestions that you feel might be better than HP then let me know.

2 hours ago, Lutz said:

10 v 10 Specific Points

• Adding a life system
  • Increasing the HP
  • I think this could be a thing. It is an interesting suggestion that could really benefit playing healers in 10v10, especially something like Shaman with in combat revive.
  • I agree to a degree, if you reduce to 3 mins you'd have to improve the regrouping factor at the very least.
  • I agree at the moment. Damage reduction is nice but its only good when healers can heal 1/3 of your hp in one go. Otherwise you end up buffing healers this way.
  • Well some people feel its a bit unfair and I agree with them. But it's not something that we can fix and it's not something that can really be policed properly.
3 minutes ago, Derak said:

example 1, A dies at 5:58, B dies at 5:50, C dies at 5:42, L dies at the end, and they all spawn at 5:30. I'm not sure if together would be better or not, but atleast at the same time. 

example 2, you keep the same spawn timer, but add a respawn point. the same thing like TW, but the catch is that everyone gets teleported to the main arena on consistent intervals, but also give them the option to go in right away. Most people who play 10v10 already know and does this, its called THE CORNER. You pray there and hope other team dont find you and your team can regroup.

Just to clarify.

So basically example 1 is like a waterfall approach to the spawn in which everytime someone dies the other player on their teams revive timer gets increase to match making each player respawn at the same time. Then if the last person dies the match is over? Or is it in tandem with the life system that its basically like if everyone dies then thats just 1 life move on to the next life all spawn together sort of ordeal? Cause I do like the concept of this idea.

The only issue i see with example 2 is the people who afk in the arena now would be free to afk in the spawn zone. So we'd need to have some sort of time limit inside the zone. However, the games not very good at tracking if a player is inside the zone or not so it kinda makes the situation hard to handle. I may be able to add something to force them out if they're 10 already but I can't say with certainty.

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

Just to clarify.

So basically example 1 is like a waterfall approach to the spawn in which everytime someone dies the other player on their teams revive timer gets increase to match making each player respawn at the same time. Then if the last person dies the match is over? Or is it in tandem with the life system that its basically like if everyone dies then thats just 1 life move on to the next life all spawn together sort of ordeal? Cause I do like the concept of this idea.

Honestly not what I have in mind but I like your interpretation too. Another way to put it what I said is like this, lets say people can only spawn as a group every 40sec, lets say 05:20 on the remaining time. people who died between 05:59 and maybe up to 05:25 will respawn at the same time at 05:20. then everyone who dies between 05:19 - 04:45, will all spawn at 04:40. Basically just to make it easier for people to group up. Like imagine in GvG where we tell our party, "if you die just run around until we all meet each other". thats basically 10v10 regrouping mechanics. 

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

The only issue i see with example 2 is the people who afk in the arena now would be free to afk in the spawn zone. So we'd need to have some sort of time limit inside the zone. However, the games not very good at tracking if a player is inside the zone or not so it kinda makes the situation hard to handle. I may be able to add something to force them out if they're 10 already but I can't say with certainty.

I mentioned in my original post that there would be a system to 'purge' everyone on the spawn point together, like a consistent forced spawn every interval again, similar idea to suggestion1. It doesnt have to be all 10, because at that point enemy team already won.

Just a way for like if 7 out of 10 people died,  with 5 sec inbetween each death, there is literally no point making them spawn 5 sec after the other. coz they would just die instantly. It would be better if all those 7 either spawn together in a certain time(suggestion1) or spawn at the same location to be able to go to the battlefield together(suggestion2). 

Thanks for reading.

• Like 2

About 3vs3:
I don't know if I deviate from the topic but, I would like to raise the idea of eliminating the increased area of the glyphs (Holy Smite, Fusion Reaction, Aerolite) the map is quite small and these abilities cover a large space, they are quite powerful and inevitable abilities in this sand.
Either that or enlarge the map a bit more.
I'm an m-dps and I used to play a lot of Arena (now not much due to timing issues) and I always questioned this.
Many may not like it, but it would bring more balance.
But being honest it's more for the Aerolite, at least with the current size of the map it's just absurd.

• Like 1

Abt 10vs10
Adding a kill limit: As someone already said, it can end up being feed by players who enter only for medals and are not geared
Adding a life system: I don't think it's a good idea, since if someone from your team gets dc, you lose 3 lives already, and in the case of making a "group life system" I would make those people without gear who farm medals use again most lifes, feeding and making his team lose.
Increasing the HP: Currently there are many active healers in 10vs10, and that would only make them immortal, nerfing the healing would not help to solve this problem at all, for example sometimes 4-5 healers come out of a side, and 0-1 healer on the other side, in that case the nerf healing would not affect 4-5 healers together even more if they increase the HP, the opposite of the other team without healer would be affected by being much more difficult to kill the healers
Lowering the match timer from 6 mins to 3 mins: The current 10vs10 time is not 6min, it is 12min (which I think is a bug since last patch / maint) and that's the biggest problem, I've spent 36mints in an arena, and really boring and sad when a 10vs10 arena lasts longer than a gvg, even worse when there are troll that being aware of the 12min bug only become invisible all the time or templar rats that only run spamming their racial cure to make time, now in the case you alpaca in 10vs10, you have to wait for the defector time, and 30min + in a row for the current time of 10vs10, which leaves you doing only 3-4 sands, it was really fine when the 10vs10 time was 6min .
I think it would be great if they reduced the auto revive time to 15-20sec (Actually is 40sec approx not sure at all), and set the time per round to 5-6mint again, since if you can't make a successful reagroup and comeback in 5min with that reduction of the automatic rev, then it is only a waste of time and it would be better to finish the round.
Another suggestion would be to shorten the defector buff time to 5min, and as I have already seen Jordan's response to this in another post saying that the purpose of the defector is to stop people just rage quitting or leaving, i would say its so much better than those people leave / rage quit in arena than only afking for rage, also Jordan replied that it can be shortened that why this suggestion

Abt 3vs3
Increasing the HP: Increasing the HP and nerfing a bit the heals sound good, but u still forgeting classes like templars, this change would only benefit them by making them more immortal.
In general I don't think that 3vs3 needs any big change, I know that many people complain about the ilu and its range, but in the same way there are rangers with the same meteor shower range to cover the sand and kill an ilu, more if it is invisible For the bonus of dmg taken, abt ilu dmg I know it can kill you in a kd, but the same happens with a good temper, they can kill you in a kd too and nobody cries for that, giving them more hp will only make them immortal and if they are rats will only be endless, of course there are not many good tempers with decent dmg, only 3-4 in 3vs3, but the same thing happens with the ilu, there are only 3 illus with grimoire and one of them uses lv60, the others use staff which It should be enough m-atack nerf already. The problem here is ppl dont know how to counter another class, this is the fault of the players, not the classes, if there was a test for 3vs3 this arena would be less populated than MBA.
Changing Class: I really don't think it's a problem, if they can change class having started the match it is the enemy team's fault for letting them change class, the only situation in which it is not their fault is when they are under sleep (but still under sleep you can also change class for example to shaman and revive, which has already happened several times), I know that many times they throw sleep, change to cleric and revive the whole pt, but then the problem is with the "sleep" not With the "class change", I have seen a suggestion about reducing the sleep time, I think that making the person who sleep and who was under sleep continue in combat would be the perfect solution without affecting the class change that can be done. out of combat.
Also immune potions should be removed, lately there is a lot of random using them, it only makes classes like MA, engi become useless when using antistun for example, the same with a warlock if they use antifear, I know there is still the problem of use bard antisleep before the fight starts and change class, but that's something both sides can do, and otherwise make a rework in bard antisleep, make it a personal buff that gives antisleep to friends in x feet, not a groupal buff, something like HS antifear buff ( Aura Prophet Blessing: Ninini, additionally party members will be granted "Fear Inmunity") its a personal buff which put antifear in ur team but if u change class then your buff( Aura Prophet Blessing) get removed and not more antifear for pt.

for 3vs3 I suggest in limiting class changing to only class change in preparation zone and not when round starts then not allow players to use skills/racials that would make them to leave combat like it has been done with the draw-in skill in pvp areas.

• Like 1

for 3v3:

i think the best and imo only needed changes would come from class balancing and not really mechanic adjusting like changing class in this area, in that area etc. just changing fusion reaction and aerolite glyphs to +5 feet instead of +10 would solve most of the 3v3 problems. for the subject of this thread tho, there isnt anything that needs to be done to alter any of the other mechanics of class changing/hp/heal amount etc.

for 10v10:

personally, i would prefer 3 minute rounds. my thinking is that we have so much long-lasting big group pvp. we have territory war (guaranteed 30 minutes), elysian (guaranteed 2 hours), gvg (erm...can be 30 minutes).

my best fun in 10v10 is when the rounds are over quickly. i think it would be a lot more exciting if people knew they didn't have much time, to push players to take risky moves or just do something other than standing around or hunting down individuals for a few minutes after the initial wipe. in territory war as well, a lot of plays are made in the last 2-3 minutes and it's generally the most fun part of the event. short rounds means that less people are waiting in queue for very long as well. 10v10 rounds end up being the first minute of fun, and then hunting down individuals as they spawn. very often will there be 1 or 2 people left and as they die and the round should end, more people respawn. i think it could help a LOT if the revive timers were synced, like every x seconds everyone who is dead on both teams revives so that there isn't so much chasing-down and waiting. it's really frustrating when say you auto-revive but your entire team is still dead so you're vunerable and can't really make any plays. reviving through the skill should be disabled altogether imo as it gives a huge advantage to teams with lots of blue classes, but that wouldn't be necessary if a life count system was implemented. in my experience 10v10 has been the most fun when the rounds are quick or it's the last minute and if the round timer was shortened altogether it would create more of that tense experience other than just being hunter or prey for a solid portion of the round.

also: i'm biased af but if healing was decreased it would feel very disheartening as a cleric who has built to have really high healing output. it would encourage clerics to just build tanky and not healing potential and for variety sake we should have the viable opportunity to cater our stats as we see fit. it would also hurt the already low heals of bard and shaman. both parties can be standing mixed in with each other and everyone stays alive and is picked off one by one given both teams have healers, so the main issue in 10v10 IMO is just staggered respawns which leave teams broken and disorganized and unable to mount a comeback.

10v10 Changes

• Increase HP while lowering the effectiveness of healing. At the moment, if there are two competent healers on the same team it is nearly impossible to kill them short of a miracle. More HP would prevent being instantly killed by some players in 10v10, but not fully eliminating the possibility of dying within a CC.
  • The map needs to be changed - an easy map would be Dreadlore Laboratory or something similar. I don't think many players will remember this, but in the first iteration of Territory War there were spawn points for the guild defending the territory. If you were to pass a certain point (which was identified by some object) you would be instantly killed preventing you to go into their spawn. If a kill plane can be introduced to the team's spawn points to prevent the enemy team from entering the spawn/spawn camping this would be an easy way to fix the regrouping issue.
  • Life System needs to be introduced, I would say individual lives would be better but if a team has players that disconnect or alpaca during the fight they are automatically at a disadvantage. I'd suggest that each team is allotted 50 total lives to play with and introduce a set respawn timer, maybe every 30 or 45 seconds.
  • Match time should be reduced to either 4 minutes or 5 minutes. This time would be dependent on other changes (life system, hp, etc). If a life system is introduced, the team with the most remaining lives should be awarded the victory for the round. This could easily be abused as people could theoretically sit in spawn and not PvP, but that should easily be record-able and punishable.
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Derak said:

Honestly not what I have in mind but I like your interpretation too. Another way to put it what I said is like this, lets say people can only spawn as a group every 40sec, lets say 05:20 on the remaining time. people who died between 05:59 and maybe up to 05:25 will respawn at the same time at 05:20. then everyone who dies between 05:19 - 04:45, will all spawn at 04:40. Basically just to make it easier for people to group up. Like imagine in GvG where we tell our party, "if you die just run around until we all meet each other". thats basically 10v10 regrouping mechanics.

Ahh I understand now. This is actually not a bad idea at all. It also gives somewhat of a timewindow for coordinated teams to force a win. Say for example theres 3 left and the next spawn time is 15 seconds away. Then you could try and hunt those 3, where as if theres only 5 seconds till the next spawn time then you could maybe leave them alone and try and make it harder to regroup. Obviously in most 10v10 people will just zerg around and kill kill kill, but this could be an organised advantage in certain teams. Although I have a worry that it could cause a bit of drama in which people get flamed for killing someone when the timers a few seconds away.

18 hours ago, uwunt said:

About 3vs3:
I don't know if I deviate from the topic but, I would like to raise the idea of eliminating the increased area of the glyphs (Holy Smite, Fusion Reaction, Aerolite) the map is quite small and these abilities cover a large space, they are quite powerful and inevitable abilities in this sand.
Either that or enlarge the map a bit more.
I'm an m-dps and I used to play a lot of Arena (now not much due to timing issues) and I always questioned this.
Many may not like it, but it would bring more balance.
But being honest it's more for the Aerolite, at least with the current size of the map it's just absurd.

Although this isn't me saying no or this is not happening, as your not the only person suggesting this. However, from my experiance with balancing on the awaken server. Often times skill radius being reduced by a small amount doesn't really have much of an impact on anything as although it might help, it will only actually help in about 5% of situations for the most part. So although I'm not against it, I don't actually think much will be changed by such a change but thats just my 2 cents on this suggestion.

17 hours ago, Lexs said:

Lowering the match timer from 6 mins to 3 mins: The current 10vs10 time is not 6min, it is 12min (which I think is a bug since last patch / maint) and that's the biggest problem, I've spent 36mints in an arena, and really boring and sad when a 10vs10 arena lasts longer than a gvg, even worse when there are troll that being aware of the 12min bug only become invisible all the time or templar rats that only run spamming their racial cure to make time, now in the case you alpaca in 10vs10, you have to wait for the defector time, and 30min + in a row for the current time of 10vs10, which leaves you doing only 3-4 sands, it was really fine when the 10vs10 time was 6min .

I don't think its a good idea to base any balancing around a bug that wasn't intentional and that will be fixed this maintenance. This is why it's listed as 6 mins and I believe most suggestions around 10v10 have this in mind.

17 hours ago, Lexs said:

Adding a life system: I don't think it's a good idea, since if someone from your team gets dc, you lose 3 lives already, and in the case of making a "group life system" I would make those people without gear who farm medals use again most lifes, feeding and making his team lose.

If anything I think generally speaking basing balance changes on people who are clearly griefing arenas is a bad idea. We have punished a player this week for these sorts of actions and I think in future we can look into giving arena based punishments to all players who are caught greifing, specficially in these team based PvP modes.

One punishment that might be a good idea for example is say a week long Defector debuff. So they're basically banned from the arenas for a week or a couple of days. This should help encourage them not to grief the arena. We have medals in PvE dungeons now so there is no need for people to grief the arenas too.

I think a group life system would be a good solution to the disconnection issue though and just like other PvP games we just need to improve our punishment system for those who ruin it for others. Every PvP game has griefing so its not something we should balance around.

17 hours ago, Lexs said:

Increasing the HP: Currently there are many active healers in 10vs10, and that would only make them immortal, nerfing the healing would not help to solve this problem at all, for example sometimes 4-5 healers come out of a side, and 0-1 healer on the other side, in that case the nerf healing would not affect 4-5 healers together even more if they increase the HP, the opposite of the other team without healer would be affected by being much more difficult to kill the healers

Theres not a lot we can do about that I agree. But its a tough situation as the current situation sometimes requires you to be able to one shot someone or burst someone really fast or its hard to out dps. I'm not sure of a solution to this but it's definatly something that should be further discussed. One interesting thing a game I played before does is when you recieve a heal from a certain skill, then you get a debuff that acts like a cooldown to the spell lowering its healing by a high % to stop healing spam. Although I'm not sure this would work in this game but its something to think about. Maybe we could do something which psuedo limits healers to 2 - 3 only, where if theres more than the limit they all get a debuff or something.

17 hours ago, Lexs said:

Increasing the HP: Increasing the HP and nerfing a bit the heals sound good, but u still forgeting classes like templars, this change would only benefit them by making them more immortal.

Well what you'd do is attack the P-Healing stat by a percentage. So this would nerf Templars more than it would a Mage for example. This way you'd be harming their recieved healing asside from Zumi's and their Mechanical Healing Shield they would for the most part be affected as much as the next class would be. But again this would be something that needs to be played around with to make sure it works as planned.

17 hours ago, Lexs said:

Also immune potions should be removed, lately there is a lot of random using them, it only makes classes like MA, engi become useless when using antistun for example, the same with a warlock if they use antifear, I know there is still the problem of use bard antisleep before the fight starts and change class, but that's something both sides can do, and otherwise make a rework in bard antisleep, make it a personal buff that gives antisleep to friends in x feet, not a groupal buff, something like HS antifear buff ( Aura Prophet Blessing: Ninini, additionally party members will be granted "Fear Inmunity") its a personal buff which put antifear in ur team but if u change class then your buff( Aura Prophet Blessing) get removed and not more antifear for pt.

I definatly agree with this, I do think that there would need to be some changes focused at survival added for this though. Cause the issue I see right now from 3v3 is that there is a lot of cases where a class will just one shot another class and thats the end of that.

Key ones being as you mentioned: Illu with KD, Templar with KD, Ranger against invisible targets.

Often times there is little room to counter these classes and its just a match of who one shots who first. I know some are complacent with how it is but others are not. Which is why this thread exists. I think if we can find a good balance that makes CC not too punishing while not as you say, buffing Templars out the ass then it might make for a slightly more fun experiance where a battle actually lasts slightly longer and has more room for counter play.

Apologise for replying out of order xD

16 hours ago, Daias said:

for 3vs3 I suggest in limiting class changing to only class change in preparation zone and not when round starts then not allow players to use skills/racials that would make them to leave combat like it has been done with the draw-in skill in pvp areas.

I think this may leave arena feeling a lot more stale than it is now. Although I understand a couple of racial inparticular stand above the others but there is kinda a good handful across the board that makes most races balanced.

Humans have resistance on ranger and - resistance debuffs while also having an out of combat button on healers for reviving.

Zumis have the double hit and triple hit orange and green classes respectively. While having the anti pdps box on Purple and the Mechanical Healing Shield on yellows.

Frog Orange classes and Purple classes have nice CC while Blue classes have the super anoying reflect and healing.

Bears have the super anoying fear that isn't a fear on yellow classes while having the fear debuff on purple classes, the knockdown on orange classes and the damage reduction on blue classes.

Halfkins have the double hit on illusionist, the long ass stun on greens and the resistance drop on orange classes.

Yes I didn't cover everything and yes sometimes they're somewhat class specific. But at the end of the day people choose a race to play with their class selection in mind. And taking that away will make a lot of people anoyed as if they knew this would happen from day 1 they may have just been human or halfkin.

Also just to note, the reason the Zumi skill is disabled was due to the fact that certain objects in the game world you can get stuck inside of when pulled into them. This was a massive problem on the US server originally where people would pull others inside the rocks in TW for example.

16 hours ago, Aeri said:

also: i'm biased af but if healing was decreased it would feel very disheartening as a cleric who has built to have really high healing output. it would encourage clerics to just build tanky and not healing potential and for variety sake we should have the viable opportunity to cater our stats as we see fit. it would also hurt the already low heals of bard and shaman. both parties can be standing mixed in with each other and everyone stays alive and is picked off one by one given both teams have healers, so the main issue in 10v10 IMO is just staggered respawns which leave teams broken and disorganized and unable to mount a comeback.

If we where to ever nerf healing we'd try to factor this in mind to not make building high heals feel wasted.

7 hours ago, Matt said:

10v10 Changes

• The map needs to be changed - an easy map would be Dreadlore Laboratory or something similar. I don't think many players will remember this, but in the first iteration of Territory War there were spawn points for the guild defending the territory. If you were to pass a certain point (which was identified by some object) you would be instantly killed preventing you to go into their spawn. If a kill plane can be introduced to the team's spawn points to prevent the enemy team from entering the spawn/spawn camping this would be an easy way to fix the regrouping issue.

There is ways around this however I can physically edit the maps collisions so that there is a massive invisible wall in the way making it impossible for players to get through without the need for death barriers and such. Then we can just simply litter some objects in the way to give the asthetic of "This is blocked off".

Before anyone says it, this doesn't stop attacking through it so the wall would have to be big enough that people cannot be attacked inside their spawn.

I also think dreadlore is a bit of a stale map, although it does the job. I'd like to see what other maps are usable first before this as this is quite a boring looking map in all respects.

• Like 2

@Jordan Regarding class change in 3v3 I would limit it to preparation in between rounds not because of racials but because of the common abuse of: illu uses sleep (when their team is dead)-> change to cleric and revive everyone -> back to illu if they can.

This just feels extremely cheap and people have been abusing it a lot imo (at least when ive played there). Maybe you can make it so it takes longer time to leave combat so they cant swap while people are slept but i guess it would be easier to just disable class change when rounds are going on.  Also i dont get why debuff removal pots dont work for CC, it should work for sleep at least so we have a way to deal with this cheap tactic.

Its just frustrating when you are about to win, theres just an illu with low hp left, but then they just sleep you-> goes cleric, revives everyone and goes illu again and they win it back. Thats just something that only illu class can do (besides human healers and thief i guess) and it adds more unfairness to 3v3 cos the other classes cant do that as consistent as illu does.

The easy fix would be to disable class change when rounds are playing, and only allowing it when in the preparation zone in between rounds.

Regarding 10v10 (and 3v3 as well) it would be nice to see some new maps, in my case it would be just for new visuals lol, idc much about the terrain but well if you can add some interesting terrain it would be cool and the variety and randomness would make arenas feel fresh. Also thinking about this it would be cool some king of the hill mode (could be a special arena some days of the week), where a party has to keeps a place for a certain amount of time and you have time to preparate to take it back (I believe old tw was kinda like this), i was thinking a 10v10 but with a different win condition.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shal said:

Regarding 10v10 (and 3v3 as well) it would be nice to see some new maps, in my case it would be just for new visuals lol, idc much about the terrain but well if you can add some interesting terrain it would be cool and the variety and randomness would make arenas feel fresh. Also thinking about this it would be cool some king of the hill mode (could be a special arena some days of the week), where a party has to keeps a place for a certain amount of time and you have time to preparate to take it back (I believe old tw was kinda like this), i was thinking a 10v10 but with a different win condition.

Old TW from what I know was more of a Attackers vs Defenders sort of ordeal where. The closes comparrison I think of is a bit like Overwatch where you progress through the map as you capture the points.

This isn't much a suggestion rather than it's just my opinion on the current ability to change classes in arena.

I think it's made arena far more interesting ever since we could change classes mid-arena. Matches aren't so clear cut and evident while a losing team can strategically make miraculous comebacks from what would otherwise have been a lost match: Well-timed switches to a healer to revive the team, switching to a ranged class to deal with a kiting templar who can kite you from full hp to death because they slow, heal, and can't be cc'd by a stun (Other classes as well, but templar is easily the worst to deal with without range), switching from heals to DPS so that you don't get stuck in a 6-minute noodle fight between 2 healers, and other scenarios. It keeps you on your toes and forces you to be aware of every enemy to keep them from having the chance. It makes you think and strategize on another level to find ways to turn around an arena round instead of just quitting because you know you've lost. It gives you more of an incentive to gear other classes and try something new and, therefore, adds more variety to arena.

This is coming from someone who, at the moment, plays exclusively 1 class (MA) in arena and doesn't have the opportunity to use this system yet. It's one of the things Vendetta did right, and it'd be a shame to see it limited, in my opinion.

Regarding limiting class changes between rounds in 3v3, I'm not a huge fan of the idea. There have been times when I've accidentally selected the wrong class, and I wouldn't want the match to turn into a loss because of something so trivial. Sometimes players will change their class depending on what classes they think they're fighting against. You could set yourself up for a disadvantage for merely deciding to change your class earlier than the other team. And my biggest reason admittedly for being against this one is precisely the reason you might want it changed in the first place, players changing classes before a round to provide buffs. In my opinion, because it's something anyone could do, it doesn't automatically put any side at a disadvantage. Both sides are easily capable of buffing their team. It's just another part of the teamwork and adds to the strategy. The player whom buffs won't receive said buffs, so it's not necessarily an easy call to make and requires some level of experience to know you should do it.

But I'm sure that your main problem with this wasn't just regular cleric/shaman buffs, but specifically a bard's antisleep. While it's true, it makes it harder for Illusionist players, I think it's an essential strategy and one of the only ways to fight against an Illusionist without just joining the meta and becoming one yourself in 3v3.

You made it clear that class balances aren't in the cards, so I won't try to ask for that. However, it's hard to deny that Illusionist is easily the most overpowered class. It has a spammable magic triple hit that ignores defense, and unless you have specifically built yourself for ice resistance to fight this class it'll kill you in seconds. It has not one, but two AoE CC's while some classes only have 1 single target. Both AoE CCs are powerful in their own right. KD, arguably one of the best cc's because it increases the target's damage taken and nulls EVA, and sleep, the longest CC possible in EE that's used exclusively only by Illusionists and if used successfully can sleep an entire party and lead to a strong enough Illu successfully managing to 1 v 3 a whole party. No other class has that ability, not even close. Not to mention, on top of all of this, it has invisibility.

My reason for bringing this up is because even with one of their CC's unable to be used by antisleep, they're still far better than most other classes. And thanks to the extremely short duration on antisleep, if there isn't a bard main constantly spamming it, it doesn't last long. With full KP, a bard's antisleep can reach 18 seconds max. Take away about 6 seconds if they're using it only to buff between rounds because they'd have to switch to their main class to buff there before the round starts. That's about 12 seconds. For only 12 seconds, the Illusionist can't use their exclusive match-winning CC on 2/3 of the party. They can still use it on the player who cast antisleep because after switching to another class, they'll lack immunity. After those 12 seconds are up, they're able to sleep the entire party again without issue. With the ability to go invisible and still having the ability to AoE KD, surviving those 12 seconds is easy. The only worry is that their party could be wiped while they stayed hidden those 12 seconds, but a strong enough Illu can potentially win without a party assuming they're not up against another Illusionist.

There are few Bard mains who actually do well in arena due to the fact they can't AoE heal, and they're one of the easiest to kill. You'd have to sacrifice playing a proper class to play bard just to antisleep against an Illu for any real chance against them. It's not viable for most players, and against classes other than Illu, there's little reason to use bard at all in 3v3. Ultimately I believe using Bard's antisleep between matches is a weak counter to fighting Illusionists, but as it's one of the only counters non-illusionists have, it's a very necessary one, and I hope you reconsider removing the ability to do it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Atlus said:

This isn't much a suggestion rather than it's just my opinion on the current ability to change classes in arena.

I think it's made arena far more interesting ever since we could change classes mid-arena. Matches aren't so clear cut and evident while a losing team can strategically make miraculous comebacks from what would otherwise have been a lost match: Well-timed switches to a healer to revive the team, switching to a ranged class to deal with a kiting templar who can kite you from full hp to death because they slow, heal, and can't be cc'd by a stun (Other classes as well, but templar is easily the worst to deal with without range), switching from heals to DPS so that you don't get stuck in a 6-minute noodle fight between 2 healers, and other scenarios. It keeps you on your toes and forces you to be aware of every enemy to keep them from having the chance. It makes you think and strategize on another level to find ways to turn around an arena round instead of just quitting because you know you've lost. It gives you more of an incentive to gear other classes and try something new and, therefore, adds more variety to arena.

This is coming from someone who, at the moment, plays exclusively 1 class (MA) in arena and doesn't have the opportunity to use this system yet. It's one of the things Vendetta did right, and it'd be a shame to see it limited, in my opinion.

Regarding limiting class changes between rounds in 3v3, I'm not a huge fan of the idea. There have been times when I've accidentally selected the wrong class, and I wouldn't want the match to turn into a loss because of something so trivial. Sometimes players will change their class depending on what classes they think they're fighting against. You could set yourself up for a disadvantage for merely deciding to change your class earlier than the other team. And my biggest reason admittedly for being against this one is precisely the reason you might want it changed in the first place, players changing classes before a round to provide buffs. In my opinion, because it's something anyone could do, it doesn't automatically put any side at a disadvantage. Both sides are easily capable of buffing their team. It's just another part of the teamwork and adds to the strategy. The player whom buffs won't receive said buffs, so it's not necessarily an easy call to make and requires some level of experience to know you should do it.

But I'm sure that your main problem with this wasn't just regular cleric/shaman buffs, but specifically a bard's antisleep. While it's true, it makes it harder for Illusionist players, I think it's an essential strategy and one of the only ways to fight against an Illusionist without just joining the meta and becoming one yourself in 3v3.

You made it clear that class balances aren't in the cards, so I won't try to ask for that. However, it's hard to deny that Illusionist is easily the most overpowered class. It has a spammable magic triple hit that ignores defense, and unless you have specifically built yourself for ice resistance to fight this class it'll kill you in seconds. It has not one, but two AoE CC's while some classes only have 1 single target. Both AoE CCs are powerful in their own right. KD, arguably one of the best cc's because it increases the target's damage taken and nulls EVA, and sleep, the longest CC possible in EE that's used exclusively only by Illusionists and if used successfully can sleep an entire party and lead to a strong enough Illu successfully managing to 1 v 3 a whole party. No other class has that ability, not even close. Not to mention, on top of all of this, it has invisibility.

My reason for bringing this up is because even with one of their CC's unable to be used by antisleep, they're still far better than most other classes. And thanks to the extremely short duration on antisleep, if there isn't a bard main constantly spamming it, it doesn't last long. With full KP, a bard's antisleep can reach 18 seconds max. Take away about 6 seconds if they're using it only to buff between rounds because they'd have to switch to their main class to buff there before the round starts. That's about 12 seconds. For only 12 seconds, the Illusionist can't use their exclusive match-winning CC on 2/3 of the party. They can still use it on the player who cast antisleep because after switching to another class, they'll lack immunity. After those 12 seconds are up, they're able to sleep the entire party again without issue. With the ability to go invisible and still having the ability to AoE KD, surviving those 12 seconds is easy. The only worry is that their party could be wiped while they stayed hidden those 12 seconds, but a strong enough Illu can potentially win without a party assuming they're not up against another Illusionist.

There are few Bard mains who actually do well in arena due to the fact they can't AoE heal, and they're one of the easiest to kill. You'd have to sacrifice playing a proper class to play bard just to antisleep against an Illu for any real chance against them. It's not viable for most players, and against classes other than Illu, there's little reason to use bard at all in 3v3. Ultimately I believe using Bard's antisleep between matches is a weak counter to fighting Illusionists, but as it's one of the only counters non-illusionists have, it's a very necessary one, and I hope you reconsider removing the ability to do it.

I mean changing class mid match is good in theory but in practice it just makes illu way stronger than other classes, not even because of its damage or kd but just because of "sleep revive" strat. Illu can consistently sleep everyone and revive their team because of sleep alone, what can you do against it besides buying anti sleep pots? Not much. Are you we expecting everyone to buy anti sleep pots every time theres a illu in a match (spoiler: that will be 95%+ of the time)? A good illu can stall and do this over and over again and imo its just not fair for other classes.

What other class can abuse this strat as easily as illu? None. So basically if you arent playing illu you are at disadvantage by default because at any moment they cant hit their panic button and reset any progress the other team made by reviving all their team, is that fair for other classes? In my opinion it is not. 

Switching to a wrong class by mistake isnt something that will happen often and shouldn't be used as a reason to prevent a bigger problem from getting fixed, plus that mistake is entirely on you so you should be accountable for that, while, on the other hand, illu "sleep revive" is something you cant do anything about it (besides anti sleep pot), its pretty much out of your control.

Anyway, at the end of the day i wont miss any sleep if nothing changes about this, but it would be nice if something gets done to illu sleep strat because it can be easily abused, renders other classes even more powerless than they are now and overall makes 3v3 less fun because of it.

Ps: illu will still kill you in seconds even if you have capped ice resistance , hp is too low and damage is too high for that to do anything in arena.

19 hours ago, Shal said:

I mean changing class mid match is good in theory but in practice it just makes illu way stronger than other classes, not even because of its damage or kd but just because of "sleep revive" strat. Illu can consistently sleep everyone and revive their team because of sleep alone, what can you do against it besides buying anti sleep pots? Not much. Are you we expecting everyone to buy anti sleep pots every time theres a illu in a match (spoiler: that will be 95%+ of the time)? A good illu can stall and do this over and over again and imo its just not fair for other classes.

What other class can abuse this strat as easily as illu? None. So basically if you arent playing illu you are at disadvantage by default because at any moment they cant hit their panic button and reset any progress the other team made by reviving all their team, is that fair for other classes? In my opinion it is not. 

Switching to a wrong class by mistake isnt something that will happen often and shouldn't be used as a reason to prevent a bigger problem from getting fixed, plus that mistake is entirely on you so you should be accountable for that, while, on the other hand, illu "sleep revive" is something you cant do anything about it (besides anti sleep pot), its pretty much out of your control.

Anyway, at the end of the day i wont miss any sleep if nothing changes about this, but it would be nice if something gets done to illu sleep strat because it can be easily abused, renders other classes even more powerless than they are now and overall makes 3v3 less fun because of it.

Ps: illu will still kill you in seconds even if you have capped ice resistance , hp is too low and damage is too high for that to do anything in arena.

I agree that Illu's sleep is broken, and the fact that it's spammable and can catch an entire party in seconds is part of the reason I'm so adamant about wanting to keep the ability to antisleep between rounds. I also agree that it's the class most easily able to use the revive strategy thanks to that. However, I still believe the ability to switch classes during rounds makes each arena match more exciting, and it's worth keeping in.

In my opinion, it's not the easy class changes that makes Illus OP. Illus are just OP to begin with, and that's a problem with the class itself, not the current 3v3 system. A geared Illu still has a chance at taking out an entire party if it manages to sleep them all, class change or not. Class change is usually just a safer bet. That said, its not completely unable to be countered either. All you have to do is kill the Illusionist(s) first and never give them that chance. It's just another type of tactic you have to use when encountering a competent Illu. Anyone with any experience in PvP knows that generally, you should kill the Illusionist first anyways.

The biggest problem with Illu is and always has been, in my opinion, the duration and spammability of sleep. If you removed it completely, it would still be a top tier class. However, with it, no class is its equal, and that's why arena is flooded with them. That's why I believe, at the very least, keeping the ability to antisleep between rounds is essential.

On 8/18/2020 at 5:18 PM, Atlus said:

I understand your point. But it's a bit dumb ingeneral to be able to revive people in arena, thats before factoring in a class that cannot revive people being able to invis and switch to do so. The game mode is designed around the objective of kill everyone and that everyone has 1 life per round.

On 8/18/2020 at 5:18 AM, Atlus said:

I agree that Illu's sleep is broken, and the fact that it's spammable and can catch an entire party in seconds is part of the reason I'm so adamant about wanting to keep the ability to antisleep between rounds. I also agree that it's the class most easily able to use the revive strategy thanks to that. However, I still believe the ability to switch classes during rounds makes each arena match more exciting, and it's worth keeping in.

In my opinion, it's not the easy class changes that makes Illus OP. Illus are just OP to begin with, and that's a problem with the class itself, not the current 3v3 system. A geared Illu still has a chance at taking out an entire party if it manages to sleep them all, class change or not. Class change is usually just a safer bet. That said, its not completely unable to be countered either. All you have to do is kill the Illusionist(s) first and never give them that chance. It's just another type of tactic you have to use when encountering a competent Illu. Anyone with any experience in PvP knows that generally, you should kill the Illusionist first anyways.

The biggest problem with Illu is and always has been, in my opinion, the duration and spammability of sleep. If you removed it completely, it would still be a top tier class. However, with it, no class is its equal, and that's why arena is flooded with them. That's why I believe, at the very least, keeping the ability to antisleep between rounds is essential.

(late response, sorry about that)

Yes you should always try to kill the illu first, but what when its 3 illus? I havent done much 3v3 lately but when i did spam it it was common to face a team with 2+ illus, in that case they could always do the sleep revive thing since illu was all over the place :v

Just as an update to this thread as I didn't get a chance to update/create a new thread.

I have came up with an initial list of changes to be made.I am aiming for the end of the month but I cannot say for 100% it will be ready by then.

The initial change list will be as follows and if anyone wants to give any input on these changes then you're welcome to but most of these changes came from this thread in some form or another or other threads.

• 3v3 Changes
    • Small HP Adjustments.
    • Disable Class Change during the match (Still will be enabled before and between rounds).
    • Will investigate friendly pets being targeted using tab (This is something that will come after everything else).
  • 3v3 Things to Watch
    • Impact of Healing Classes (Specifically with the minor HP Adjustments).
    • Impact of Immunity Potions.
  • 10v10 Changes
    • Small HP Adjustments.
    • Disable Class Change during the match (Still will be enabed before and between rounds).
    • Reduce the round timer to 5 mins.
    • Implement a Wave Based Spawn System that every 15/20 seconds will respawn all players who are currently dead at the same spawn point on the map.
    • Update the Ormormu buffs to be none removable by Buff Removal skills (e.g. Purifying Wind).
    • Will investigate friendly pets being targeted using tab (This is something that will come after everything else).

Now I would like to state that these changes will be implemented as an initial step. Once the changes are implemented we will then see how they sit and then create any other changes to improve the quality of these specific PvP modes.

• Like 2